~4~

★ ☆ ✦ ✧ ✩ ✶

Heather looked at the boy in surprise. She couldn't decide how she felt. On one hand, Matt looked so proud of himself that she wanted to slap him and tell him to wipe the smug look off his face but, on the other, she felt a rush of warmth surround her that he knew her name.

''How did you find it out? Did you stalk me, Matthew?'' she asked, showing no emotion.

''So, you are Heather?'' he asked, still grinning.

''Obviously.'' she sighed.

Matt made a mental note to hug Alahna as hard as he could the next time he saw her. He could always count on her to bail his ass out.

''Cool name.'' Matt smiled.

''How did you learn it? There's no way you remembered it.'' Heather said, narrowing her eyes.

He shrugged. ''I did.''

''Don't act cool with me, Matthew. I know you're lying.''

''I'm not!''

''Fine. I guess I'll just have to ask your friends.''

''You don't know my friends.''

She raised an eyebrow. ''That's a stupid thing to say.''

He nodded slowly. ''Fine...I'll tell your friends something about you.''

''Okay but you actually don't know my friends.''

''Dakota.''

Heather turned fully to face the boy. He looked so smug that he was getting the best of her, and she hated it. He ran his hand through his hair and grinned at her. Maybe with other girls that would've sent them wild and made them fall head over heels for him - but not Heather. 

She scoffed. ''Tell them anything. They won't care. I won't care.'' 

''Maybe I will.''

''Good.'' Heather replied as she turned around back to the front of the class. Matt tapped her on the shoulder again, but she put her middle finger up without turning around. 

Matt laughed to himself. Him and Heather were from completely different worlds, more than he ever knew, but he liked her. He thought she was cool - she had this infectious attitude that made you want to act like the real you. He looked at her. She was resting her head on her hand and her blonde hair was spilling down her back. 

''Heather?'' he whispered.

''Don't wear out my name, Matthew.'' she whispered back.

''My name's Matt.''

''I know that.''

''Then why-''

''Just shut up.'' she whispered.

Matt didn't take offence - he just smiled to himself and shrugged it off.

Heather smiled to herself, waiting for his reply, but none came. Her smile faded slightly, but she didn't bother turning around.

She just continued with her work.

-

''How's your classes been?'' Heather asked. It was finally lunch, and they were in line at the school cafeteria. The morning had seemed to drag, and she was glad to finally be with her friends.

''They've been good. What about yours?'' Dakota asked.

Heather shrugged. ''They've been okay. What about yours, George?''