~1~

★ ☆ ✦ ✧ ✩ ✶

''I hate school.'' Heather groaned as she walked along the road.

''You hate everything.'' her best friend, Dakota, rolled her eyes.

''I don't hate you.''

Dakota side-eyed her. ''We're going to school, bitch!''

''Dak, why?! Please just skip!''

''No! We've skipped every day this week...we have to go today!''

Heather groaned again. ''How are we best friends?''

''Because you're a dumb bitch and I'm a sensible bitch. We work.''

Heather smiled to herself about that response. Dakota had been Heather's best friend since 3rd grade, and they had stuck together through everything. Heather didn't really know why Dakota had stuck with her...she was a miserable bitch and didn't give a fuck about anything, but she was grateful anyhow.

Heather felt her phone buzz and pulled it out of her pocket. She read the message and stopped walking, forcing Dakota to stop and look at her.

''What is it?''

''It's George.''

She sighed. ''Heather-''

''He's skipping.'' Heather looked up from her phone.

''So what?''

''I'm going with him.''

''So you're both going to leave me in school alone?''

''Skip with us.'' Heather shrugged.

''No.'' Dakota rolled her eyes. She knew once Heather made up her mind, there was no changing it. There was no point in persuading her to come to school. ''I'll meet up with you guys after?''

''Okay. Love you, Dak.''

''Fuck you.'' she replied half-joking, and then they parted ways.

-

Heather walked down the road, away from school, and under the bridge. She knew exactly where George would be - he would be at the top of the car park where they always skipped. Heather and George had met on the first day of high school and had basically been inseparable since. Luckily, Dakota and George liked each other, and they were a trio from there.

If Dakota was Heather's shoulder angel, George was her devil.

And she was his.

They were bad influences for each other, always persuading the other to skip school or steal their parents' alcohol or convincing somebody to buy them cigarettes. None of them really cared about anything, except each other and Dakota, and would spend hours just doing pointless shit instead of facing the world.

Heather walked through the car park until she noticed George. He was sitting with his back against the wall, and he was scrolling through his phone.

''You are my favourite person ever right now!'' Heather yelled, forcing George to look up.

He smiled. ''And you're mine! I thought I'd have to skip on my own!''

She reached him and sat down in front of him. ''Have you got any cigarettes?''

He reached into his backpack and pulled out a carton. He threw them at Heather, who caught them and pulled open the packet.

''I fucking love you.'' she muttered as she lit it. George copied her, and they smoked in silence for a few minutes.