The Awakened One, Book 1: Rem...

Galing kay Nentai96

Earth is an incredibly peaceful and beautiful World home to the amazingly intelligent Humans that live upon i... Higit pa

Prologue
Chapter 1: Armageddon
Chapter 2: Battle Of Wills
Chapter 3: Hell On Earth
Chapter 4: Awakening
Chapter 5: Awakened One
The Public Service Announcement
Chapter 6: The Queen of The Amazon
Chapter 7: Vampire May Cry
|^{PSA II}^|
|X!-Status-!X|
Chapter 8: A New World
Chapter 9: A New Companion
(A/N): III
Chapter 10: A Chance Encounter
Chapter 11: Lovers
*!Status!* II
(A/N): IV
Chapter 12: Vale
Chapter 13: A Night in Vale
(A/N): V
Chapter 14: Rest and Relaxation
Chapter 15: Training Begins
Chapter 16: A Mysterious Figure
Chapter 17: Scars
(A/N): VI
*!Status!* III
Chapter 18: Glynda Goodwitch
Chapter 19: Ice Queen
Chapter 20: Ozma
(A/N): VII
Chapter 21: Thief in The Night
Chapter 22: The Reaper
Chapter 23: The Xiong Family
(A/N): VIII
Chapter 24: A Woman's Curse
Chapter 25: Spiders
Chapter 26: Foundation
(A/N): IX
Chapter 27: The Disciplinarian
Chapter 28: Jacques Schnee
*!Status!* IV
Chapter 29: Despair
*!Status!* V
(A/N): X
Chapter 30: Thicker Than Blood
Chapter 31: Taking Out The Trash
Chapter 32: Red Like Roses
(A/N): XI
Chapter 33: I Burn
Chapter 34: The Demon Clan
Chapter 35: Preparing For Victory
(A/N): XII
Chapter 36: Conquering Vale's Underworld
Chapter 37: Aftermath
Chapter 38: A Newer Companion
(A/N): XIII
Chapter 39: Mirror Mirror
Chapter 40: Who am I?
Chapter 41: A Fateful Meeting
(A/N): XIV
Chapter 42: At Last
Chapter 43: The White Fang
Chapter 44: Forever Fall Forest
(A/N): XV
Chapter 45: From Shadows
Chapter 46: To Light
Chapter 47: The Snake And The Tiger
(A/N): XVI
Chapter 48: Fairy Tales
Chapter 49: Moving Forward
Chapter 50: Towards The End
(A/N): XVII
Chapter 51: Of The Beginning
Chapter 52: The Summer Tournament
Chapter 53: Finalists
Chapter 54: Finale
Chapter 55: Finished
Chapter 56: Finally
Public Service Announcement
Chapter 57: Initiation
Chapter 58: Act 2
Chapter 59: Knight Ceremony
Chapter 60: Alpha Megoliath
Chapter 61: Power Leveling
Chapter 62: Total Recall
Chapter 63: System Update
Chapter 64: Divided
Chapter 66: Downturn
Chapter 67: The Meeting
Chapter 68: Vacuo
Chapter 69: Tribes of The Desert
Chapter 70: The Desert Kreeps
Chapter 71: The Desert Walkers
Chapter 72: Desert Faunus Alliance
|X!-Status-!X|
Chapter 73: Disappearance
Chapter 74: Unfortunate Circumstance
Chapter 75: The Mysterious Hunter
Chapter 76: Desperate Invaders
Chapter 77: To Protect
Chapter 78: Running Out Of Time
Chapter 79: Mistake Driven Turmoil
| Where TF Have I Been? |
Awakened Organization: Closure {A Loving Summary}

Chapter 65: Upside

348 18 20
Galing kay Nentai96

Without a moment of hesitation Lilith erupted from her coil, springing herself extraordinarily quickly at the standing and waiting Byakko. The large Basilisk flew forwards with her jaws filled with razor edged teeth wide open and within moments her fangs were in optimal position to tear the flesh from Byakko's body. However, before the fangs managed to sink into the tiger's skin Byakko lifted her large sword and blocked the incoming attack with ease.

The clang of a sharpened sword meeting deadly black fangs echoed throughout the empty building, but the snake and tiger's initial clash was far from over as the two of them refused to give the other even a centimeter of advantage. 

Lilith used her incredible size and weight to push back against Byakko's immense natural strength, shoving her deeper and deeper into the concrete below. 

The Basilisk's strength was far too much for the ground to hold and after only a moment of her exuding her maximum physical strength the concrete crumbled underneath the demonic strength of Lilith, putting Byakko into a deep crater beneath the massive snake.

Although Byakko was much stronger than Lilith, she couldn't overcome the snake's weight driven might and with her now being on uneven ground in the crater it was even tougher for her to utilize her full strength to push the fangs from her sword. 

Lilith's fangs slowly pushed Byakko deeper and deeper into the ground, expanding the crater with every further expulsion of her strength, Byakko instantly determined that it wouldn't be long before her arms gave in and she was forced to take a harsh attack from Lilith's fangs. 

Thus, Byakko was forced to take the loss of their initial interaction. 

The Grimm assimilated tiger then released her arms from her weapon of choice, immediately leaping from the jaws of the Basilisk in the process. Lilith's fangs closed with unimaginable strength at a speed that could barely be registered by the naked eye, missing Byakko's tail by mere millimeters as they slammed shut on the woman's great sword.

Lilith's snake body rose from the crater that she had created with an eerie smirk and once she had reached her full height once more, she looked down upon Byakko with her crimson slitted eyes and spoke, "oh, it seems that you've lost your weapon to my jaws, Byakko. I believe this spells quite a bit of trouble for you to remain effective in battle. In this sort of situation, don't you believe that it'd be best if you simply give up and grant me my victory?"

"Sword Or No Sword, I Will Never Give In." Byakko then allowed herself to transform from a tall Faunus woman to an absolutely massive tiger Grimm, armed to the teeth with sharpened fangs, elongated claws, and a spiked tail reminiscent of a mace. 

"I May Have Lost My Weapon, But That Does Not Mean I Do Not Have More To Utilize." The Celestial White Tiger and Infinite Void Basilisk stared daggers into each other once more, but this time was truly different.

The air fell entirely still as the intensity between the two grew and for a series of moments it seemed as if the intense glares between the duo brought upon a physical toxicity in the air. 

This toxicity, this intensity, these glares, it was quickly becoming clear to (Y/N) that the feeling permeating through the air was not a simple form a battle determination or even an establishment of will. 

Byakko and Lilith were emitting pure bloodlust. The battle between these two was no longer about overcoming odds or making the other understand their ideals, it was rapidly turning into a death match.

"HRRRGGGGIISSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!/GGGRRRRAAAAAWWWRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!" With the sudden eruption of battle cries from the duo, Byakko immediately dashed at the snake, leaping into the air to bite directly into the snake's neck, at the same time Lilith rapidly coiled into her defensive position before launching herself at the tiger. 

At lightning speed Lilith's widened jaws were wrapping themselves around Byakko's body, but at the same moment Byakko's jaws were doing the same. That bottom of the Basilisk's jaw slammed its small razor-edged teeth into the large Grimm, hooking the tiger into place for her large fangs to meet their target. 

As the teeth sunk into Byakko's skin soliciting black blood to drool from the teeth's point of entry, the Grimm used her claws to strike, backstabbing each of them into the Basilisk's lower jaw. 

Once her claws were hooked in, Byakko flexed her back muscles immensely and in moments the bone protrusions that lined her spine suddenly increased dramatically in length, jutting out from her spine like swords that were each twice the length of Lilith's fangs.

Although each of them was in immense pain from the others attack neither of them flinched in the slightest. Even though Lilith noticed the swords on the tiger's back she wasted no time slamming her fangs deep beneath Byakko's tiger form, stabbing her main weapons into the beasts body and just barely managing to close her jaws fully around the Grimm. 

However, at the same moment Byakko's bone swords dug deep into her head, stabbing all the way through her soft blood colored skin and exiting from beneath her scales. 

In mere moments both Lilith and Byakko had fully impaled one another in a sight that was not for the faint of heart. Shadowy black and an acidic crimson blood sprayed out from Lilith's jaws like a combusting firework, spraying everything within the area with the hellish combination of demonic blood. 

As the red met black the substance it bubbled freakishly and as that same substance reached the metal walls the structure crumbled in moments allowing the blood combination to ooze down the walls like tears. 

The bloody tears only left holes in their paths and as they reached the concreate floors they only sunk deeper until eventually the acidity became weak enough for the concrete to keep shape.

However, before (Y/N) managed to even call the match quits the duo continued to hash out their vendetta in the most aggressive ways possible. Evidently the gruesome sight was only the beginning as neither party felt like giving up. 

Byakko, who had Lilith's fangs embedded deeply within her body, managed to muster a great amount of strength into her tail and swing the appendage with an amazing speed. Using the wined up of the swing, Byakko slammed her wrecking ball spiked tail into the Basilisk's eye, sinking the bones deeply into her iris and leaving her fully blinded on one side. 

"AAAARRRRRRRRHHHHHH!!!" Lilith erupted in pain, unconsciously releasing Byakko from the death grip between her jaws. As the fangs exited from Byakko's body the tiger leaped from the world consumer's jaws, landing harshly as she was too weak to properly hold herself up. "You fuckin bitch" she hissed in pain, reeling from the damage she had received on her eye.

From the ground, as Byakko slowly managed to regain her footing, the tiger chuckled quietly, "This Is What Happens When You Go Against My Masters Wishes. Since Words Aren't Good Enough, Allow Pain To Make You Understand!"

From high above the grounded Byakko, Lilith slowly managed to return herself to her coils, turning herself back into her Faunus, Lamia, form to further protect her face from being attacked. 

"Fine!" she hissed out as she nursed her wound. "If pain is the only way for us to reach an understanding, I'll show you a similar kindness! Wrath!" As Lilith spoke the word a crimson ball of energy was formed at her side and within moments the energy beamed itself at the weakened Byakko, stabbing itself through her front leg. 

The beam simultaneously stabbed and burned as it seared its way through the tigers front leg, bringing the tiger back down on her back.

"GRRGGHH" Byakko groaned as the beam made contact with her limb, effectively making the appendage useless to her.

From her perch atop her own coils Lilith smirked at the grounded Byakko, watching as she struggled to stand. "It is over Byakko. You've lost."

"I... Haven't... Lost..." in the middle of her sentence, Byakko lost control of her form. (Y/N) and Lilith watched as Byakko slowly turned from Grimm to white tiger, and when she couldn't manage to stand on her own with three out of four of her legs, she turned to Faunus to barely get back on her feet. 

"I... can't... lose" she could barely speak. In her Faunus form it became truly evident how much damage she had taken.

There were numerous gashes across her entire form, each of which bled a whitish blue colored blood without stopping, her right arm was hanging on by a thread of blueish flesh, showing off her rippling blue muscles and black bones that was always beneath her fluffy exterior. 

However, the worst of these injuries were the two large holes in her abdomen, one beneath her breast and the other diagonally across from it creating a hole in part of her pelvis. These holes were just that, holes, making it so anyone could see clearly to the other side of her body if looking at the right angle.

Lilith on the other hand looked much less worse for wear but the damage that she had taken was still severe. The snake woman's face was shredded with numerous deep cuts that left skin hanging off, her lips were practically non-existent with how many gashes removed the meat from them, and her eye was completely shredded, bleeding acidic teas from the wound constantly. 

Lilith's snake like body on the other hand was damaged heavily in numerous places from Byakko's attacks, removing entire portions of her scales to reveal her crimson muscle tissue below.

Looking at the two of them from a far left (Y/N) in shambles. He knew for sure that they'd be fine as he was closely watching each of their HP's and had Meta alerting him whenever anything permanent might take effect, but even still seeing them taking this much damage and leaving one another in these dire states left him depressed. 

He let this happen. 

He wasn't vigilant enough to recognize that this conflict was rising between them. It was his fault. But amongst his self-pity and sadness there was still another feeling boiling inside of him. Anger. "Byakko" (Y/N) spoke, getting both women's attention, "it's over. You're done. Humanity's Encouragement, Humanity's Encouragement."

*Humanity's Encouragement* {Lvl: MAX}- All of Humanity's drive to help, encourage, and heal one another out of the toughest of situations is stapled into your soul; Restore 75% of one Allies HP; HP Regen 50hp/10sec for 200sec; Cost 50%mp

As soon as the skill activated the small wounds across the beastly summons bodies instantly disappeared as they were healed, and at the same time the bigger injuries that the duo received began healing at a rapid pace, stopping the bleeding and starting to close.

As Byakko's arm began slowly repairing itself, the woman herself immediately expressed her dissent to her Master's sudden healing. "What are you doing Master, I could've still fought! Lilith's victory was not assured!"

"Byakko, you could barely walk, your arm was useless, your hp was almost in triple digits, and Lilith still had MP in her tank. It would've only taken a single well-placed Wrath shot to put you completely out of commission, this fight is over. It's Lilith's win."

Byakko couldn't refute her Master's words, but at the same time she couldn't accept these results. "Do you understand what you are allowing her to do Master!?! Lilith is unruly! She is purposefully undermining your own wishes to do what she believes is best for you! She's taking advantage of your kindness!" As soon as the words left her mouth a deadly energy filled the room and she was met with a glare that shook her very soul. 

Byakko's master stared at her with a hatred that she had never seen before and the look itself was enough to bring the tiger woman to her knees. "...what have I done, Master?" As Byakko fell to her knees tears began growing in her eyes. "Why do you look at me so, Master?"

"What do you call this then Byakko" (Y/N) asked as he pointed around the room, showing off the location that they found themselves in.

"What do you mean Master? This was Lilith's doing."

"No the fuck it wasn't!" As her Master raised his voice Byakko must've shrunken to at least half of her original size. "What do you call bringing Lilith here to 'straighten her out' without my knowledge?"

"But, Master, I only did so with you in mind. I couldn't allow Lilith to continue to get away with disrespecting you and your wishes! Ever since the beginning she's been undermining your authority, going behind your back, and dissenting against the protection of Remnant! I had to do this for you Master!"

Byakko's heartfelt response only fueled (Y/N)'s anger even more, "the hypocrisy coming from your mouth is insane! You go behind my back and attack Lilith because you thought that it was what was in my best interest, right? But that is the exact same thing that you just chastised Lilith for in the first place! So, why is it ok for you to do it if it's not ok for Lilith to? Is it because of your self-righteousness? Do you think that your better than Lilith? Morally superior to her?"

The more her Master's words slammed into her the further Byakko shrunk and eventually her ears folded in on themselves as her hypocrisies were revealed to her. Her tears continued to flow, but even still she mustered up the courage to answer her Masters questions. "No that's not why Master, I promise-"

"Then why?!? Tell me!"

The words barely reached her quivering lips. Through Byakko's anguish she barely managed to cry out, "I-I don't...know. I just wanted to help you, Master." In a sudden moment of clarity (Y/N) looked at Byakko's crying face and felt the tears being too well up within his own eyes.

He was beyond livid. Mad at Byakko, mad at Lilith, but more than anything he was mad at himself. (Y/N) took a moment to take a deep breath of air to calm himself before gently placing his hand atop Byakko's soft hair. 

As he let out the inhale of air, in the softest tone he could manage, the woman's master said, "do you truly believe that Lilith doesn't feel the same way?" Byakko's master's words seemingly broke through her tears for a moment and with (Y/N)'s comforting hand on her head she managed to look up into his eyes. 

"I'm honestly not mad that you felt the need to protect my goals, in fact I appreciate that, but I'm mad that you didn't tell me you felt this way. And more than anything I'm fucking pissed that you would ever put your hands on Lilith!"

(Y/N) lost control of the tone of his voice for a moment, but as he saw Byakko flinch back at his harsh tone he reigned his anger back in. "Listen, and listen closely, there is nothing more important to me in this universe than you and Lilith. I love Nix, Neyah, Glynda, and everyone else more than anything, but you two are the most special to me. We are connected deeply and that will never change. So, when the two of you fight it is by far the worst thing that could possibly happen to me."

Seeing the emotion within her Master's eyes made Byakko understand the depth of her mistake. 

She took advantage of her strength over Lilith, she went behind her Master's back to do so since she knew he wouldn't have approved of it otherwise, and in the process, she hurt the man she swore to help in any way possible. "I am so, so, deeply sorry that I did this Master. I promise that I will never even think about doing anything without your notice ever again. I swear I will tell you any and everything. And above all, I will never attack Lilith ever again, under any circumstances, nor will I attempt to control her actions."

(Y/N) breathed a sigh of relief at Byakko's apology, "thank you Byakko, that's truly all I could ask for." He then planted a kiss on her forehead and removed his hand from atop her head. 

"Also, apologize to Lilith. You started this shit and she beat you fair and square. She's the one that needs an apology even more so than me." Byakko seemed a bit reprehensive at first but eventually she turned to the shrunken snake with only a light bit of irritation present on her face.

"I apologize for attacking and trying to subjugate you Lilith. It will not happen again."

The Basilisk looked at Byakko with an arrogant smirk and she simply replied, "good."

"Lilith, you're not in the clear either." (Y/N) said, getting the woman's attention. "What the fuck is up with all the mysterious bullshit you keep pulling? Baiting Byakko to bringing me here just to get her in more trouble with me as a form of sick revenge is fucked! Byakko is your partner, you two are a duo whether you like it or not." 

"You should always look out for her the same way you look out for me. Don't you ever even think about trying to hurt her again in any way possible! You got me?" Lilith's arrogant smile deteriorated with extreme speed and soon she was wearing the same somber expression that Byakko had only a moment ago. 

Truly she had already gotten what she wanted, her King to scold Byakko for her actions, breaking free from Byakko's authority, and an apology from the woman herself. But seeing as the way she went about it got everyone involved hurt, and managed to get herself scolded as well, left her feeling a bit regretful about her actions.

"I... understand My King."

"Now, apologize to Byakko as well" he said, pointing to the tiger woman.

Reluctantly Lilith rolled her eyes and faced the woman that had just given her the sane apology moments ago, "I am sorry for setting you up for failure and making it so you were seen in a negative light by My King. I will try my best to ensure that it will never happen again."

"I accept your apology.... Sister."

"I do so as well, Sister."

Seeing the two of them make up after the atrocious battle that had just taken place brought a smile to (Y/N)'s face, but even still there were things that clearly needed to be discussed. 

But first he had something to say. "If I have to make you two apologize to each other for anything ever again I swear to fucking god I will lock you in the system menu and only allow one of you out at a time. Do I make myself clear?"

Just the thought itself make a shiver run up both of the women's spine and they quickly responded with, "understood Master/yes My King."

"Good." For a moment (Y/N)'s smile remained, but soon it turned as straight and emotionless as it was previously. "Now, let's get back to the other issue at hand." After the quick comment (Y/N) took a step back from the duo, putting a good amount of space between himself and them. 

This action seemed to have the desired effect on both Byakko and Lilith as the two of them applied their full focus on the man. "It's become clear to me that you both have some issues not only with one another, but also the people in Remnant, the way I've been going about things, and possible our entire 'situation' as a whole." 

He then turned to look at Lilith specifically and said, "Through talking with you this week and hearing what you had to say to Byakko only a moment ago it's clear that you have issues with the way I'm handling the Remnant situation."

"I can understand that to a certain degree, but I really need you to explain in the clearest way possible. Lilith, if you feel something say it, if you think I'm doing something wrong tell me, if some shit is happening that you don't like then alert me." 

"I know you have trouble being direct and, in most cases, its fine because it is fairly easy to assume how your feeling just from your responses, but in situations where conflicts are arising I really need you to be clear cut about things. Please, can you do that for me?"

For a moment Lilith paused, looking as if she was fully considering how to respond to her King's question, but soon enough she exhaled a long breath and said, "fine. I'll try my best."

(Y/N)'s face lit up in a smile, "Great!" Then with a smile he turned to the tigress clad in white and added, "Byakko, I don't need you to growl or get aggressive over Lilith's opinions this time. Were done with that now. If you disagree, you'll get your time to express how you feel as well, but right now I need a coordinated conversation. You got me?"

The tigress flashed a quick smile before saying, "Of course Master!"

"Thank you both for your cooperation, now let's start with you Lilith since you seem to be going through the most as of right now. But first, give Byakko her weapon of choice back please." Lilith's eyes lit up for a moment as if (Y/N)'s words reminded her that she had consumed the weapon in the first place before she reached into the fog she generated in the surrounding air before effortlessly pulling a massive sword from the space.

"I apologize for coveting your weapon for so long sister. I had forgotten that I had consumed it" the snake said as she returned the weapon.

Instead of reaching out to take the weapon, Venus's Queen (the sword) began de-materializing within Lilith's hands and suddenly reappeared a top Byakko's head as the tiara she often wore day in and out. "It's not of any issue Sister, I had let my weapon slip my mind for a moment as well. Thank you for returning her to me."

"You are very much so welcome Sister" Lilith responded with a genuine smile.

"Good to see there already back to how they were before even though they just finished literally tearing each other apart" the man thought. "I guess they really are like siblings in that way. Fights like this might just be a normal thing to them." (Y/N) let the thought sit in his mind for a moment before he returned his focus to the Basilisk Faunus woman that had been saying some odd things as of late. "Now, Lilith, what's been up with you lately?"

The woman in question shrugged her shoulders slightly and recoiled herself to get a bit more comfortable before replying. "That is a very broad question my King. Where would you like me to begin?"

(Y/N) let out a small huff before saying, "preferably that night a week ago when you began speaking about how I should be focusing my efforts on growing stronger instead of talking with Zeb and Junior. Also, did I make you mad when I told you that you were free to do whatever you wanted?"

Lilith stayed silent for a moment, taking the time to gather her own thoughts and assure her words so they came out in a direct and concise manner like (Y/N) had asked her too. "For starters no, I love it greatly when you say I can do whatever I want. I was simply irritated that it seemed like you were purposefully ignoring the message that I was sending you with my words." 

Once again, Lilith's response left (Y/N) a bit more confused than before, but he stayed quiet and listened none the less. "I believe that the essential source of all of my issues, gripes, and problems with... well... everything, including you and Sister, stems from the fact that I..." the snake paused for a second, choking on the words in her throat before forcing them out with a sour expression, "the fact that I despise the people of this world."

Apart of (Y/N) was somehow still shocked that Lilith was feeling this way, but the majority of his mind was having a moment of clarity as they had suspected as much from the things that she had been saying as of late. Looking over, to his surprise, Byakko remained with the same expression she had before, a light smile that was covered with her serious intent gaze towards the discussion at hand.

She clearly wasn't shocked by Lilith's statement which was expected, but at the same time there seemed to be something deeper within her expression. However, he would move onto Byakko next, so he continued his focus on Lilith for now. "Why? What made you suddenly build this disdain for Remnant's people, and who does this dislike fully extend to?"

"Allow me to begin by saying this, I dislike them all. All of Remnants inhabitants that feed from your assistance like a babe from a mother's teat. I have no personal qualms with those that you lay with... they are wonderful people that fully appreciate your existence and wish you nothing but the best." 

"But even still they cannot help what they are. Infinitely limited, weak, helpless in the face of true danger." Lilith paused for a moment, before continuing with, " allow me to take a step back and answer your initial question. This feeling wasn't a sudden appearance; it only appears this way to you since Byakko kept my views subdued with her own strength." 

(Y/N) took a quick glance at Byakko to see her reaction to this, but she kept the same expression, prompting him to continue focusing on Lilith. "I've felt this way as long as I have had a sense of higher sentience, and it became even more so after I matured once you unlocked my Forbidden Knowledge. Details are not necessary so I shall explain it like this, 'knowledge is power only in the hands of those that may wield it as such.' You remember these words do you not?"

'Forbidden Knowledge'- The hidden truth, the destroyer of innocence, the cure to naivety, the key to evolution, the catalyst for creation. Forbidden Knowledge is the abhorrent assortment of the truths that govern the word that is kept from those who are meant to remain asleep. Lilith does not only understand this knowledge, but she in fact is also the origin of such knowledge, and it is through this Bestial Accessory that this Knowledge manifests as the Symbols that mark Lilith's body; +40% INT; +30% to any Attribute of any given Disciple

Of course (Y/N) remembered that phrase, "yeah, I remember." In a flash of remembrance, (Y/N) replayed the conversation that occurred between the two of them about a week ago.

The question caught (Y/N) off guard for a moment, seeing as she completely disregarded his greeting, but none the less he still responded honestly. "I mean, yes to a certain degree. Knowledge is of course extremely powerful in itself and can be used to create great change, but knowledge means nothing if you can't act on it" he said as he approached the snake woman. "If you knew that there was a dust mine filled to the brim with immeasurable amounts of the stuff then you could easily become the wealthiest woman on the planet, but if you don't have a pickaxe or the resources to get one then that knowledge is worthless to you."

As she listened to his response Lilith commanded her serpents to turn to the next page, "or something similar to knowing the probable future of the world in which you live, having the possibility of changing it for the better, and knowing the ways in which you may do so, but not having the ability to properly make those changes. Is that right?"

"...yeah... I guess so" he replied with an odd look.

"It would be best if the saying was knowledge is power only in the hands of those that may wield it as such." Even as she spoke, Lilith's eyes never left the book that she was flying through at an incredible speed, flipping multiple pages in what felt like seconds.

"It was from the time we were in the library during enrichment time on the first day of school. But when you brought it up and was acting all cryptic I kinda just assumed that you meant that my efforts were in vain, and I should stop involving myself with Remnant as a whole or I'd just keep messing things up. It didn't help that if I asked you directly, you'd just avoid my question." The snake Faunus exhaled lightly and flicked her tongue in the air in light irritancy.

After shaking her head 'no', Lilith continued with, "that was not the purpose of my stating that. I was trying to show you, without angering you, that the people of Remnant are hopeless. My King, you've told them of numerous future events that are set to occur, showing them who their enemies truly are, and telling them about a way in which they can solve their own problem." 

"However, at the end of the day, you still feel it necessary to guide their hands like children. On top of this when this world is invaded by the Animus, even if they know that it is coming, this world will be destroyed without your assistance. Whether they know the future that is coming or not, they are doomed to their own fate without relying on your assistance. Hence making Remnant's inhabitants people with knowledge but no capabilities."

The world consumer took one more pause before continuing, preparing her mind to see the reaction on her King's face when she dropped her final bomb. "I hate the fact that these lesser beings are relying on your help. Sapping your strength when you could be doing much greater things. Wasting your time, effort, energy, and health on those that do not deserve it."

The woman paused once again, peeking her eyes upwards to ensure that her King wasn't reacted negatively too her comments, and once she saw the encouraging look on his face she chose to look into his eyes as she finished off her feelings. "I know you love them, I understand this, but it does not change the fact that while we will be off fighting a fight for eternity, they will have died a millennium beforehand." 

"To me, you are simply wasting your efforts on Remnants beings. All of them." It all seemed to click within (Y/N)'s mind and he felt as though he completely understood Lilith's mind space regarding Remnant. It seemed as if everything else she spoke about was a simple distraction, a diversion for her true feelings to not shine through.

Arguing about petty things with Byakko, taking so much interest in Dungeons, discussing the history of Remnant, and pushing growing stronger more than anything else was all a front for her to push the agenda that involving himself with Remnant's daily affairs was pointless. 

Although the strength agenda was also at least partially related to the fact that she wanted to be able to beat Byakko in a fight and the information about the Dungeons was extremely helpful towards their futures. Speaking of which, " Byakko, how do you feel about the people in Remnant and Lilith's opinion. Honestly."

The Tigress's ears perked at her Master's sudden question, and she seemed to be a bit contemplative about her response. Her tail began swaying side to side in quick succession whilst her beautiful blue iris became shifty and couldn't meet her master's eyes. 

However, while looking at the ground, Byakko checked her own nervousness and responded honestly at her Master's request. "I believe that all life has value no matter where it comes from. Those that you identify as your lovers are ones that I quite like, and I must say the I enjoy the company of Nix and Neyah especially. However, I cannot say that I completely disagree with Lilith's assessment." 

The celestial tiger gently nursed her still healing arm for a moment before continuing with, "they are mortal. They will pass on eventually unless you go out of your way to learn of a way for them to survive, but even then, they cannot enter the realm of the Awakened. You, and by extension us, are simply too high of a being to be seen as the same level of them."

Byakko seemed to establish some confidence with her words as she looked at her master and said, "however, that is the limit of my agreeing with Lilith's world views. Master, your word is the equivalent to life itself to me, and because of that I will do anything to see your ideals through. Because you choose to spend your time assisting Remnants people it is impossible for me to see it as time wasted."

"So, while I believe in acting on whatever word you speak or idea you believe, Lilith believes on acting on her own accord for your benefit. This is the impasse that my Sister and I met upon while we were on that roof that fateful night." 

The tiger and snake seemed to reminisce about the events that unfolded that night for a moment, but neither of them got upset over the topic which showed a bit of progress for the both of them. 

"That night I believed that in an extreme scenario Lilith may act radically and potentially bring harm to those you desired to protect in an attempt to make you understand that helping them is pointless. Instead of allowing that to happen I ended up acting radically instead, forcing Lilith to stand down before me. I... apologize again Sister, that was very unsightly of me."

The Basilisk allowed a sinister grin to slither across her lips at her Sister's apology, and she responded in a lighthearted tone. "To be wholeheartedly fair Sister, it was entirely a possibility that I would have chosen to... snack on a few of them if I were able." 

"I was young and volatile then, as I tend to be at an incredibly young age. Luckily my King matured me incredibly quickly, so he did not have to deal with the wrath of my once unruly violent tendencies as a young one" she finished with a chuckle, Byakko joining in on her laughter as well.

"That is very true Sister," the Tigress added with a chuckle, "you were very quick to fire in those days. Master was, and still is, much more patient than I in those kinds of situations."

(Y/N) watched as the two joked back and forth, talking about the various mental arguments they had with one another while Lilith was just a snakelet without a proper voice. It was... a bizarre sight to say the least. "Are they light heartedly joking about how Lilith wanted to take the opportunity to eat Neo whole while we were sleeping?!? "

"Byakko was really the only thing stopping that shit from happening. Holy shit. This story could've gone so much worst." (Y/N) let the vile vore-ish image wash itself from his mind as he continued listening passively to the Goddesses conversation. 

"Lilith was only a baby for like... 2 days! Then after that she grew to her Faunus form which put her at age... 16, I think. Your telling me all of this shit happened in like 2 fuckin days!?! Lilith must've been fuckin bat shit crazy! And Byakko barely even cares at all! If Lilith ended up eating Neo or anyone else, then she'd be mad for the simple fact that I'd be mad about!" The revelation took (Y/N) out of his mind for a moment. 

It was something that he should've saw coming, especially since they just eviscerate people on command without any kind of fuse or qualms about it. For a moment he realized that he had done the same, killing hundreds of people without batting an eye simply because they were in the way of his objective. 

It made him feel... odd. 

Not odd in the 'oh no I killed a bunch of people' way, an odd in a 'Damn, I don't care that I killed a bunch of people' kind of way.

Either way, all of his thoughts quickly culminated into a single phrase that he couldn't be bothered to keep stuck in his mind. "Poor Neo."

That comment seemed to get both Byakko and Lilith's attentions, and after a quick moment of silence they said, "sorry my King/ sorry Master."

"No.... its fine. I'm just glad everything got resolved nicely. Even if there was a bit of bloodshed that happened in the process." With that being said, (Y/N) stood up from the ground and stretched out his arms and legs before starting to walk towards the exit of the now even further destroyed abandoned building.

"Master, where are you going? Aren't there still things that need to be discussed?"

"Yeah, My King, are you not going to reprimand me for my thoughts about your lovers? Have you not decided on how to approach my views on your place in Remnant?" Lilith added, stopping the man dead in his tracks.

(Y/N) let out a small huff before turning to face the duo and saying, "I... quite frankly don't care. Lilith, I know that you won't go out of your way to hurt them, or else you probably would've just done it already, plus Byakko will probably remind you not to anyway." 

"I'm not worried about anything else you do because I know that your acting in my own best interest, and it doesn't truly matter what happens because I promise I'll love you for it regardless." 

"You both are entitled to your own thoughts and opinions, and if those don't align with my own then we can always talk about them later and try to find common ground."

"But for now, I'm going to do what I came to Remnant to do. I appreciate and value your thoughts and feelings Lilith, but as things stand, I can't just give up on Remnant because it's a bit stressful." 

"The same way you both are independent beings that can do whatever you wish I am exactly the same way, and because of this I'm going to put all of my effort into saving Remnant from itself, then Imma do the same thing when I slaughter the Legion King." A cheeky knowing smile made its way across Lilith's lips as she listened to her King's exit speech, seeing the exact reasons why she loved him so much within his words.

With a sly smile Lilith then asked, "so, you really have no care for what I do or the limits I go to in order to express my own freedom and keep you safe from any dangers you may face?"

"Nope. None. Do whatever you want. But promise me you'll tell me if you're going to do anything rash or extreme that might fuck up what I'm doing. I know you know everything that I want to happen so just try to avoid that stuff. The future is already fucked up anyway." He added in thought, thinking about the numerous changes that had already begun to occur.

"I promise I will adhere to those wishes my King. I will also not hurt anything that you have going on with your own lovers, what happens between them and you is none of my concern. However, I hope you will respect my wish to remain out of connection with them and the rest of Beacon for any period of time." Lilith said, already knowing the answer that her master would provide her with.

"Yeah of course, I'm not gonna force you to talk to people you don't want to. They'll probably miss you a bit but I'm sure they'd understand... well, maybe not the looking down on them part, but at least her wanting to do her own thing." 

"It does kinda suck that Byakko and Lilith view them this way, but at the same time I can't act like a portion of what their saying isn't true. I'm not going to try to force the view of 'everyone is equal' on them since they can think for themselves. It doesn't change how I view about my lovers anyway."

"Master, may I continue to act in the same facet as I have been thus far?" Byakko asked, taking up a position very close to her Master. "Although I believe that no one is more important than the people within this room, I still wish to assist your effort to save this world in any way possible. That is... if that is still what you desire me to do."

(Y/N) wrapped the large tiger woman in a tight one arm embrace that made the Faunus swoon quite a bit. "Of course, you, you my right hand, my go to. Listen Byakko, my main concern was never how you guys felt about Remnant, the people in it, Dungeons, the Animus, or anything in the ballpark of those ideas." 

"My main concern was always the both of you and how you felt about each other." That comment seemed to strike a chord within the two of them, "I never want to have to see you guys fight again like you did today. You may have your differences in opinions and how things need to get done, but as of right now I will never let you two come to blows again. Especially not over me."

"I understand, Master" Byakko responded as she wrapped her Master in a bear hug, or tiger hug rather, and began snuggling him within her soft fur. "I love you so much Master."

"aih ruvah uuhh toohh (I love you too)" he replied from within her fur. After a moment of snuggling, a familiar smooth muscular sensation began wrapping itself around his body and quickly the sensation began squeezing comfortable around his back. 

Looking up, (Y/N) quickly saw that the familiar sensation was being caused by Lilith joining in on the embrace. He then wiggled his head slightly to free his mouth from Byakko's fluffy chest to say, "I love you as well, Lilith" to the snake woman.

The woman reacted with a sly smile and gently stroking his hair with her free hands. She then slithered her lips to the tips of his left ear and softly whispered, "I know you do" into the orifice.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

137K 2.3K 65
"You are special, but you just do not see it yet." "What do you mean?" "You were destined to be a huntsman from the minute you were borne to this wor...
868K 8.2K 40
(Y/N) (L/N) was an average teenage boy who just pass both college and high school at a young age, now 18 both him, his cousin and their (terrible) fr...
673 17 4
Remnant, a world which has long known peace. In the shadows, a hidden war wages. Fought between two lovers, who bring their world ever closer to ruin...
3.4K 173 20
After a fight with the #2 Dark Matter, Accelerator somehow ended up transporting to a world with strange creatures, hunters, aura and semblances. He...