University of the dead//BTS

By NARQUIZIN_X

"You need to kill me before I turn into one of them" "I hope you won't forget that decision" "GET AWAY FROM H... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1- Vaccine
Chapter 2- I can't
Chapter 3- Monster
Chapter 4- Safe for now
Chapter 5- Suspicious
Chapter 7- Suspected (?)
Chapter 8- Accusations
Chapter 9- Twists and turns
Chapter 10- Arrested
Chapter 11- Alibi
Chapter 12- Propose?
Chapter 13- Secrets
Chapter 14- Is it possible?
Chapter 15- A new lab
Chapter 16- The journal
Chapter 17- The plan
Chapter 18- In danger
Chapter 19- Confession
Chapter 20- Chaos
Chapter 21- The rebirth catalyst
Chapter 22- No escape
Chapter 23- Not giving up
Chapter 24- Safe?
Chapter 25- The truth
Chapter 26- Confrontation
Chapter 27- Fire
Chapter 28- The end...?
Epilogue

Chapter 6- Unexpected

37 4 0
By NARQUIZIN_X

Detective NJ- So, what's this information you have for me?

I tell the detective everything, from the moment I heard the noise to the moment Jimin left me in front of the house. A long pause follows.

Detective NJ- Miss Y/N, were in a middle of a possible murder investigation here and you're wasting my time with nonsense!!

Y/N- I am telling the truth!

Detective NJ- You're saying that a monster killed this girl? And then attacked you two?

Jimin- I know how it sounds, but that's what happened.

Detective NJ- Kids these days...I don't know what kind of drugs you were on last night, but I want you out of my sight. We're wrapping up here. Escort these two outside and get their names and addresses.

Y/N- Detective, wait! Whoever was behind that attack wasn't probably tested for the Angello virus. He could have been infected and therefore the lab is contaminated.

Jimin- My colleague is correct. Every moment your men spend here puts them at risk. We're trained to deal with the virus, they are not!

Detective NJ- Even if I believed you for a second, there's nothing I can do. We've found blood stains and signs of struggle, but no body. We're done here!

So much for finding evidence...

Detective NJ- The missing girl's parents still hope we'll find her alive, so there will be consequences if anything about any monsters reaches them. Is that clear?

Jimin- Perfectly.

Detective NJ- Good. Now both of you, get out of my sight.

The police leaves soon after and we're allowed back to the lab in the afternoon. Jimin is right...the police didn't believe me. What's worse, someone heard what I said to the detective and then told some of the professors, who told some of the students. Nobody will ever take me seriously again in this lab. 

Jimin- Pay no attention to them.

Y/N- I should have listened to you.

Jimin- No use thinking about it now. Just focus on what you do best and leave the investigation to the police.

Y/N- I feel so stressed out to work.

Jimin- That's understandable.

Someone taps my shoulder.

???- Hi Y/N!

Aah! What now?!

Y/N- C-can I h-help you?

???- You don't know me, but I...just wanted to say I admire your work, and that you're my role model.

What? Is she serious?

???- This is so embarrassing...anyway, I wanted to say I believe you.

Y/N- Thank you, I really needed to hear that.

???- You're welcome! I also wanted to ask to come pick up some supplies with me because...to be honest, I'm terrified of going alone. I would feel so much safer if you'd join with me.

Y/N- I...I don't know...

???- Oh no, I forgot my list! I'll give you a moment to decide while I go get it.

The girl runs away, leaving Jimin and me alone again.

Y/N- What should I do?

Jimin- I'll go with you. It could be great opportunity to look around for evidence.

Y/N- I would feel much safer if you came with me.

Jimin nods, full of understanding.

???- Here I am! Will you come with me?

Y/N- We'll both go.

Jimin- Actually, there's no need for all of us to go. Give me you list, we'll get the supplies for you.

???- Oh...but I was hoping...

Jimin reaches out, and the girl gives him her list, shaking. She looked terrified.

Y/N- I'll make sure to bring you your supplies when we come back. Let's go, Jimin.

 We reach the hallway where I was being chased by the monster, and I start feeling weak in the knees.

Jimin- It's alright Y/N. You're not in danger.

Y/N- Yes, thank you.

I need a colleague to remind me to keep my head on my shoulders...What is wrong with me?

Jimin- I can't imagine how terrifying it must have been to see what you saw. Still, it's good to remember the importance of focus. Otherwise, you might miss something.

Y/N- What are you implying?

Jimin- They said there were signs of struggle around the place that girl disappeared right?

Y/N- Yes. Blood, specifically.

Jimin- That doesn't mean much to us, but if there was a struggle, the girl might have injured the monster at some point.

Y/N- So you're hoping for something that could identify it?

Jimin- Or tell us more about what kind of creature we're dealing with. A blood or tissue sample would be great, but hair or nails would be just as good.

How come it didn't cross my mind?

Jimin- You look worried. Is there anything you want to ask me?

Y/N- Hey, do you have any family here?

Jimin looks at me, and it seems I've caught him off guard with my question.

Jimin- Why do you ask?

Y/N- Well, we've known each other for a while now, and you've never talked about them.

Jimin- I'm sure you've concluded there must be a reason behind that.

Y/N- I imagine there was. Do you want to talk about it?

Jimin- No, and I would appreciate it if you would respect my privacy going forward.

I can feel our bond has grown a little colder. Perhaps, if I try again in the future, I could get closer to him.

Jimin- What's this stench? Stay behind me Y/N.

I sway, barely managing to lean against Jimin's arm.

Jimin- We should leave.

This smell...I know this smell.

*GRRRRAAHHHH*

Jimin- It's behind that shelf. Help me knock it over!

What the hell am I doing?! I lean against a tall shelf and push as hard as I can.

Y/N- Come one...fall!

It falls, burying the monster underneath.

Jimin- You...you did it.

Y/N- That won't keep it there. Let's go.

We turn towards the storage room door, but it closes and locks down before we can leave.

Y/N- How the hell did that happen?!

Jimin- Do you have a keycard to open it from this side?

Y/N- I didn't bring one...did you?

Jimin- No. I suppose we're stuck here.

*Ugghhh...*

Y/N- We need to find a way out before that thing frees itself!

The door opens suddenly, and the girl from before stands behind it, confused.

???- You...were taking too long, so I thought I should check on you....am I interrupting something?

We bolt through the door and lock it.

Y/N- You've saved our lives. Thank you!

Girl- Uh, sure. Wait, why is there such a mess inside?

Jimin- We believe we've trapped the thing that's responsible for the disappearance of that girl.

???- You...trapped a monster?

Y/N- Yes, and we need to get backup before it breaks free!

???- ...You go home. I'll do that.

Y/N- What? Why?

???- You've been under the spotlight and blamed for what happened. If you report the monster, I guarantee you someone will think it was yuo who brought it to the lab in the first place.

Y/N- That doesn't make sense.

Jimin- Humans rarely make sense. It could be that the girl is right and the best things for right now would be to go home and let someone else deal with the mess and the police.

I could really use the time away from the spotlight...

Y/N- Alright, Thank you. It's out of my hands now.

Jimin and I both decide to go straight to our homes and sleep the day away.

Once I reach home, I get a message from Jimin.

Jimin:
 Hello, Y/N. I hope I'm not bothering you.
We should talk when you have some time.
See you at the lab.

I decided to watch TV before I go to the shower.

Y/N- Oh, no..

Is this real?

TV- She was last seen with a fellow student who, as we find out, has also claimed to be the last person who disappeared this week

Y/N- What am I going to do?

I pace around the living room, my heart racing, almost as fast as my thoughts when my phone rings.

*OTP* Detective NJ- Miss, Y/N. I hope I'm not bothering you.

Y/N- As a matter of fact, you are. I just saw what happened on the news, and it had nothing to do with me.

Detective NJ- Two students have gone missing in a matter of days, and your name pops up in both cases.

Y/N- I don't know anything. Unless, I'm a suspect, I'd prefer if you didn't involve me in your investigation.

Detective NJ-...Have a nice day, miss Y/N.

I'm a suspect, aren't I? The idea is too strange for me to accept. I still haven't recovered from the shock when someone bangs on my front door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 5.4K 49
"so are you ready for the punishment miss yoon??" taehyung asked smirking and walking closer. her back hit the wall. He trapped her with his huge mus...
3.2K 208 18
He's gullible and naive, easy to deceived He's once a water conqueror, now water is his conqueror He's too sweet, too kind for this world He's an alc...
380 53 4
"I will make sure that you will see this handsome face of mine for the first and the last time with your pretty eyes.." The killer said and gouged h...
4.1K 86 14
"Don't worry, I know it's not what it looks like. I trust you but I don't trust him so let's go home, okay?" ----- "He's been missing for weeks! I'm...