Ruin Me - The Vampire Diaries

By MarinaAzevedo5

Sasha Gilbert is Jeremy Gilbert's twin sister and Elena Gilbert's little sister. She is the type of person th... More

Season One
Cast
Playlist
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
Season 2
Playlist
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
Season 3
Playlist
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08

11

667 15 1
By MarinaAzevedo5

The Vampire Diaries

S2 Ep21

"Let me help!", Matt insisted coming over to help the girls close the door.

"We've got this!", Caroline exclaimed pushing him back. Tyler, in wolf form, lunges at the door and Charlotte has to brace herself against this impact, but Tyler doesn't stop attacking. 

"The door isn't going to hold", Matt warned. Tyler starts getting his head through the bars and the way they bend against his force is dangerous. Charlotte knows what she needs to do when Matt freezes with the shotgun. Hopefully, Tyler can forgive her for this. Charlotte rushes next to Matt and grabs the gun from his hands before turning around and shooting Tyler. The shot hits its target and they all hear Tyler whimper. 

"No!", Caroline screams, "It's Tyler!". But Charlotte fires two more shots. 

"He's trying to kill us!", Matt defends Charlotte's choices. 

"Wait", Caroline calls out putting herself in front of the gun. They all stop for a second and listen to the quietness. Tyler is lying still on the ground breathing deeply. "He's wounded", Caroline explains before starting to open the door. 

"Stay back!", Charlotte exclaims, what is she thinking?

"We can go around him", Caroline explains. 

"Are you nuts?", Matt asks. 

"You're not gonna shoot him again. Okay?", Caroline pleads with Charlotte. Charlotte nods her head in understatement before lowering the gun. "Both of you take my hand so we can speed away from here". Charlotte looks at Matt nodding before holding onto one of Caroline's outstretched hands. Matt looks at them hesitating at first but he relents and gives his hand to Caroline. She speeds both of them away from the cellar. 

Caroline drops them at the Lockwood's house. She quickly breaks in through the front door. "C'mon. In her", she shouts at them before turning around and locking the door. 

"Do you see anything?", Charlotte asks, looking out the window trying to spot anything in the dark forest. 

"We're not safe here", Matt argues. "If that thing wants in, it's getting in". Matt grabs the shotgun from Charlotte and starts loading more bullets.

"How did you even know what I was?", Caroline asks. Charlotte looks at Matt with guilty eyes. "I compelled you to forget". 

Matt looks at Charlotte giving her a small nod. "I was on vervain", he explains. "I faked forgetting so I could spy on you. It was your mom's idea". 

"Wait my mom knows?", Caroline asks worriedly. "You told her! What did she say?". 

"Your mom hates vampires. She grew up hating vampires and she'll probably always hate vampires.".

"Well what about you?", Caroline asks him angrily not wanting to lose her friend. 

"What about me?", Matt retorts. "Let's just try not to get mauled to death by our friend". 

****

Sasha was at the house where all the witches were burned helping Bonnie get ready to kill Klaus. It wasn't very active work but it kept her mind off of everything that was happening.

"Sasha", Stefan's voice interrupts her. She was outside the house reading one of the Grimoires. Sasha looked up to see Stefan and Elijah standing there with Bonnie. All of them had somber faces, a fact that started to scare Sasha.

"What's going on?", Sasha asked scared. 

"He's got Jenna", Stefan explained to her with a sad face. It was as if her life had been pulled out from under her. Sasha ceased to see the world around her, she could barely manage to breathe. Sasha couldn't even hear the rest of the conversation between the other three.

"Why did he take Jenna?", Bonnie asked with anger. 

"A punishment for meddling", Elijah explained but he was paying more attention to Sasha. 

"Klaus was gonna use Tyler and Caroline", Stefan told them. "But Damon rescued him".

"No", Sasha says to herself. That meant that this was all her fault, Jenna was going to be sacrificed because of her. As if on auto-pilot Sasha starts jerkily walking away. It was as if she was a marionette in the hands of a grander being. 

"Sasha", Stefan calls out but it's as if she's on another planet, not seeing or hearing anything. 

"Don't", Elijah stops him from going after her. "Let me". 

Sasha walks until she reaches the cars everyone took to get to the house. It is all her fault, all her fault. It gets harder for her to breathe under the weight of her guilt. She couldn't just stand there while everyone she cared about was sacrificed at the hands of that monster. Maybe it was the situation or maybe it was the fact that Sasha never exploded about anything but right then she needed to let go. She looked at the sky and screamed with so much sorrow. It was unfair. It wasn't right. She turns to the closest car and kicks it with as much strength as she can. Whoever owned the car clearly didn't lock up properly because as soon as the kick lands the trunk opens up. Sasha kicks it again angry at the car, before walking over to close the trunk. But at when she sees all the wooden stakes just laying there, she stops. This must be Alaric's car. What if... What if?

"You don't want to do that", a voice warns her gently from behind. When Sasha doesn't react, Elijah gently puts his arm around her shoulders and leads her away from the stakes. "It's too dangerous".

"And it isn't dangerous for Jenna or Elena?", Sasha claps back angrily. 

Elijah looks up with sad eyes. "They wouldn't want you to die in vain.".  

"I can't just sit in that house and do nothing!", Sasha shouts, closer to completely falling apart. "I can't!".

Elijah pulls her into him and just holds her trying to make her feel better, even though he knew it was impossible. But he had to keep her safe, she needed to live. Elijah uses his speed to bring her back into the house before handing her off to Alaric. 

"What's going on?", Sasha asks confused and a bit whiplashed. 

"Stefan is going to sacrifice himself for Jenna", Elijah tells her. 

"No", Sasha starts walking towards him but Alaric grabs her by the middle not letting her move further. "You can't just imprison me", Sasha struggles against the hold. 

"I'm sorry but I can't let you risk your life", Elijah gives her a small smile before speeding away. 

"No!", Sasha screams after him. She keeps fighting Alaric's hold.

"It's for your own good", Alaric tries explaining to her while keeping her in his arms. 

"I'm sorry Ric", Sasha says before throwing her head back and hitting him in the face. Ric falls back in pain and Sasha takes that split second to run away into the woods. 

"Sasha!", Alaric screams after her, but she wasn't going to go down without fighting so she kept on running. While she was helping Bonnie out Sasha found out exactly where the sacrifice was going to take place. So she ran through the woods until she was close enough to see a fire in the distance. Coming to a stop, Sasha reached into her jacket taking out a wooden steak. In the glow of the moon, she could see how perfectly the wood had been sanded on the steak she had taken from Alaric's car before Elijah came. She just hoped it was enough to kill Klaus. Sasha knew he would just come back to life but it would buy them all enough time to run away and find another plan, a better plan. And so Sasha kept walking towards the light, hoping it was all going to be enough. 

****

Charlotte and the others are sitting around the Lockwood's sitting room just waiting for the moon to go down. Charlotte is worried because she hasn't heard from Sasha yet.

Charlotte stands up and walks up to Matt who's obsessively checking all the windows. "Are you ok?", she whispers. 

"What do you think?", he replies angrily but regrets it instantly. "I'm sorry Charlotte I didn't mean it like that". Charlotte just nods, not really knowing what to do anymore. "I forgive you", Matt blurts out.

"What?".

"For keeping all of this from me. I forgive you", Matt gives her a small smile before reaching out with his hand. Charlotte smiles at him squeezing his hand back. Matt goes back to looking out the windows. 

"You don't think Charlotte killed him do you?", Matt asks trying to spot his friend outside.

"No", Caroline assures her, "It takes a lot more than a wooden bullet to kill a werewolf. He's still out there somewhere". Caroline stays still before asking the room "Do you think my mom wants to kill me?". Charlotte looks at her with sad eyes.

"I don't think your mom knows what to do with you", Matt explains. 

"Yeah, well, I don't really know what to do with me either". Before Charlotte can say anything a noise comes from outside. 

"What is that?", she asks getting up. She and Matt rush to the front door. 

"Wait", Caroline insists but Matt simply lifts up his shotgun and points it at the front door. "No! Don't shoot!", Caroline calls out to him before pushing the gun down and running to the front door. 

"What are you doing?", Matt asks as Caroline look through the front door.

"Give me your jacket", she tells Matt. 

"What?".

Charlotte can see the urgency in Caroline's eyes. "The jacket. Give it to her". Matt hurriedly removes his jacket and hands it to Caroline. When Caroline opens the front door Charlotte sees a very naked passed-out Tyler. Caroline starts stroking his head and he slowly regains consciousness. Charlotte breathes a sigh of relief. Maybe today was going to go ok. 

****

Sasha slowly approaches the clearing. She doesn't want to alert any of the supernatural beings in it that she's there. Sasha nearly falls against the tree she's hiding behind when she sees Jenna and Elena. She has to get them out of there. As if on cue Klaus turns towards a body on the other side of the clearing. Stefan has arrived. Klaus rushes to where Stefan stands and Sasha uses that to get even closer to the clearing where she can hear Elena and Jenna talking. 

"What's going on?", she hears Jenna ask Elena. 

"I don't know. You can hear them". Elena suddenly says. "You can hear anything just focus on them". Sasha stands there holding her breath. 

"I can't. I can't make anything out", Jenna insists.

"You can do this. Just relax". 

"I can hear him. I can hear Stefan", Jenna says surprised. 

"What are they saying?", Elena asks.

Jenna swallows before looking at Elena. "He wants to take my place". Sasha looks up at the two vampires but from Klaus's face, it's impossible to discern what Klaus's response is going to be. 

****

Charlotte helps Caroline take Tyler into the living room. She watches as Caroline brushes his hair back in a soothing rhythm. Were they a thing now?

"Do you want any help?".

"No. It's ok. I've got this", Caroline replies without looking back. Charlotte walks back into a study.

"How's Tyler doing?", Matt asks worriedly when Charlotte enters the room. 

"Sleeping", Charlotte assures him. "I think he'll be better in the morning. Caroline is with him right now". 

"Good", he breathes a sigh of relief before looking back at her. "So this is your life now, huh?". 

Charlotte gives a soft chuckle, "This is just the tip of the iceberg for Sasha. But yeah I sometimes get roped into this mess". 

Matt gets up and grabs. Charlotte's face, gently caressing her cheek. "You know these last few days with you have been so great and fun", Charlotte smiles at him, "That I thought I could get past all this.".

"You can", Charlotte tells him not wanting the conversation to go where it's going. 

"I don't know if I can", Matt tells her sadly before letting his hand drop from her face. The comfort of the touch was so at odds with the emptiness that engulfed her with the loss of it. 

"Matt", Charlotte whimpers. 

"I get it. This is your life now. But you know what my life is Lottie? My life is an absentee mom and a bunch of bills to pay, and school. And yes it sucks sometimes. But it's my life. And I just want to live it without any of this". 

Charlotte nods her head fighting the tears threatening to spill. "I understand". And she did. These last few months she was forced to grow up and face the world. If she could go back and not know about all the supernatural in the world she would. But it was part of her life now. And it was especially part of Sasha's life, and they promised to stick together no matter what. So if that meant losing Matt, she would. Because if it came to Sasha or the world, Charlotte would always choose her friend, just like Sasha would choose her. 

****

"Elena", Sasha hears Jenna say. 

"I have to do something", Elena says pacing around. Each of them is inside a circle made of fire. Sasha can spit the scorched earth of another fire with a body inside it. That must have been the werewolf. 

Finally, Klaus and Stefan make their way back into the clearing. "Quite the predicament. All this talk about preserving family and here's Stefan granting your wish.". 

"Stefan", Elena says softly.

"It's ok", he assures her. 

"Well, who's it going to be Elena?", Klaus asks. Sasha stands there silently trying to calm her heart. 

"No", Elena says. 

"Oh don't worry. There's actually no choice", Klaus says before speeding up to Stefan and stabbing him in the back with a wooden steak. Sasha slams her hand over her mouth trying to keep her sobs silent. She watches with tears in her eyes as Stefan falls to the ground not moving but conscious.  "I have other plans for your boyfriend. I want him alive.", Klaus simply replies. "But for now", Klaus snaps Stefan's neck so violently that Sasha has to choke down her whimpers, "Whenever your ready Greta". 

Sasha knows that it's now or never. She grabs her stake with shakey hands, after the display of violence she just witnessed she knows that Klaus won't even be affected by killing her. She gets one shot. With uneasy steps, Sasha walks into the clearing while Klaus has his back to her. She looks at the floor in fear of stepping on a dead leaf but she manages to walk up to him without alerting the vampire. Sasha raises the steak with two hands before taking a deep breath and plunging it down into his heart. With lightning speed, Klaus turns around and grabs the steak inches away from piercing his heart. 

"Sasha!", she hears both Elena and Jenna shout. But her entire focus is on the tip of the steak that came so close to hitting its mark. 

"No", Sasha whispers softly before looking up at those blue eyes. Klaus gives her a smile that doesn't reach his eyes,

"Well, well aren't we full of interruptions today.", he mocks her. "What a shame you couldn't follow through love. Better luck next time". 

"Run Sasha!", Elena screams at her. It was as if her sister's voice made her legs finally move. Sasha lets go of the steak before turning away and running, but she doesn't get very far before Klaus grabs onto her arm and pulls her back into him. Sasha tries fighting him but he's just too strong. Klaus grabs onto her face so she's looking at him. 

"You are starting to be more trouble than your worth", he tells her before digging his fingers into her cheeks making her go still. "Stand still", Klaus tries compelling her. 

"No!", Sasha shouts in his face continuing to fight his hold on her. 

"You have vervain on you", Klaus states impressed. "Neat little trick. But let's see how you fare without it". Klaus grabs onto Sasha's necklace before pulling it off her and throwing it onto the ground. 

"Sasha!", Elena cries out. 

Sasha refuses to go down without a fight. If Klaus is going to kill her she's going to make it the hardest kill ever. Sasha closes her eyes, still in his hold. 

"Are you going to just keep your eyes closed forever love?", Klaus asks chuckling. 

"Go to hell!", Sasha shouts back. But Klaus just laughs harder. With his hand still on her waist, he moves her closer to him so his entire body is touching her side. He pushes her hair to the side before pulling her face close. With his lips on her ear, he whispers, "The more you fight this the worse it's going to get". Sasha just shakes her head in denial, shutting her eyes even harder. "Greta". That's when Jenna starts screaming in pain. Sasha opens her eyes instantly to see her aunt on the ground grabbing her head in agony. Sasha tries running to her but Klaus still has her trapped. 

"Ok! Just stop it!", Sasha cries out in tears. Klaus laughs before signaling Greta to stop. He walks back in front of Sasha. He reaches out with his hand gently wiping away her tears, a touch so in contrast with the rest of him. 

He pulls Sasha's face closer to him, "You're not going to leave this spot until the end of the ritual", he compels her. Instantly Sasha feels the compulsion wash over her. She tries taking a step but it's as if a solid wall of air is blocking her movement. Klaus gives her a sadistic smile. "See that wasn't so hard now was it", he smiles. 

Sasha looks at him with hate she has never felt for anyone before. She can't stand his cruel smile and the way he holds her as if he's entitled to something more. So she spits on his face. Klaus looks at her a bit stunned before reaching up to clean his face. He then surprises Sasha by smiling at her. He leans down and whispers in her ear so she's the only one who can hear, "That's my girl". He then leaves her there next to Stefan's dead body. Sasha screams at him and tries moving against the wall of air, but it's impossible. 

Great starts chanting until the ring of fire goes out around Jenna. Sasha bangs her hands against the wall in a desperate manner. Her hands start bruising and bleeding. 

"No! Jenna!", both Sasha and Elena scream. 

"It's ok. I know what I have to do", Jenna promises the girls. Jenna rushes towards Greta and bites her neck. But Klaus is too fast. He stabs Jenna in the side making her let go of Greta. 

"No!", Sasha tries her hardest to get rid of the compulsion. But she is stuck there just watching as Jenna lies on the ground. 

"Just turn it off", Elena pleads with her making Sasha just cry more. "Jenna, turn it off. You won't be scared anymore". 

Klaus flips her over and then stakes her. "Jenna!", Sasha screams before falling to the ground with heart-wrenching sobs. Elena isn't much better. In a year Sasha had lost her parents and her aunt it was like the world had a score to settle with her and was slowly taking away everyone she loved. All the light that she saw in the world was suddenly vanishing. 

Stefan slowly regains consciousness but Sasha isn't even paying attention, not taking her eyes off Jenna's body. Slowly Klaus approaches Elena. Sasha can't do anything as she watches what's about to happen. 

"It's time", Klaus says. The ring of fire around Elena goes out. She gets up and walks toward his witch. Sasha knows that one way or the other Elena is coming back to life tomorrow. But if she doesn't react Klaus will know something is wrong. So Sasha goes back to banging at the wall of air and screaming for her sister. Klaus turns Elena's neck towards him before leaning down and biting it. And then he doesn't stop.

"Elena!", Sasha screams crying even more. Stefan tries getting up from the floor next to her but all efforts are in vain. When Klaus drops Elena's body on the floor Sasha loses it for real. "No! No!", she sobs onto the floor. The fire goes out and the clearing is still waiting for something to happen. Klaus falls to the floor, his bones starting to break, but that's when the fire goes up again, all around them. Bonnie showed up. Sasha tries moving and when she doesn't she almost fall to the ground. The wall around her has disappeared. Sasha sees Damon come up behind the witch and kill her before picking up Elena and carrying her toward Stefan. 

Sasha gets up on shaky legs and goes after Bonnie, wanting to see Klaus get killed with her own eyes. Klaus's groans of pain fill the forest. Elijah comes out of the shadows and walks up to his brother. He reaches his hand down and plunges it into Klaus's chest. For the first time, Sasha doesn't look away from the show of violence, she wants to watch it. But her worst fears suddenly start coming true. As Klaus tells Elijah something, Sasha sees him hesitate and she knows what he'll do before he even does it. 

"No! You promised!", Sasha screams at him. 

Elijah looks at her slowly with sorrow. "I hope one day you can forgive me, Sasha.", he says before picking up his brother and speeding away. 

"No!", Sasha lunges after them but Stefan holds her back. She falls into his arms crying, no longer able to carry herself up. 

Stefan took Sasha back to the witches' house, but in all honesty, she barely remembers anything from after Elijah betrayed them. As soon as they make it through the threshold Stefan places Sasha on the ground and she runs to Jeremy, embracing him in tears. Jeremy hugs her back, not ever wanting to lose his twin sister. They both stand there holding each other looking at Elena's body. When she gasps awake the two of them run to her. They hug her as hard as they can, knowing that they were each other's, last family. 

****

Sasha is in her room looking at herself in the mirror while putting on a necklace. Ever since losing the necklace that Stefan gave her she feels like her neck is naked. Sasha looks at herself wearing all black and she doesn't want to believe it. Doesn't want to believe that Jenna is gone. Elena appears in the reflection of the mirror.

"I'm almost done", she tells him softly. 

Elena walks into the room. "Yeah, take your time". Sasha struggles with the clasp and Elena comes over to help her. "There all done", Elena smiles but Sasha doesn't have the energy to match it. Elena looks at Sasha through the mirror. "Sasha. I'm so sorry". Sasha looks at her sister's reflection with a confused face. "I'm so sorry that you've lost so many people". Sasha turns around and hugs her sister. Elena lets herself be comforted. 

"I still have you, Jeremy, and Charlotte", Sasha assured her, "We'll be fine". That last part was to convince herself more than her sister. 

"Time to go", Jeremy walks into the room. Elena lets her go and gives her a nod. Sasha smiles before walking up to her brother. He puts his arm around her shoulders and kisses the top of her head. "You ok?".

"As ok as you", Sasha replies. Because how can you be ok after what they went through?

****

Everyone was gathered at the cemetery as they laid Jenna to rest. Sasha couldn't keep her tears at bay as she held onto Jeremy. She felt a hand grasp hers and when she looked up she saw Charlotte standing there giving her her full support. Sasha almost wept even more at the support of her best friend. It had come to a point where Charlotte wasn't only her best friend but her sister. Elena goes up to put flowers in each of their parent's graves and Jenna's. Sasha looks back to see who had come, when she saw Tyler behind Caroline she gave him a grateful smile. "It's our turn", Jeremy whispered in her ear. He handed her flowers and Sasha gave a slow nod, shakingly walking up to the graves. She knelt down and placed a flower in her mom's grave and then her father's like she had done last year. Getting up she walked toward Jenna's the pain became too much. It was like walking on quicksand and her feet wouldn't move forward. Because if they did the reality of her life would fully register and that was the scariest thing of all. She felt arms around her, holding her up. Sasha hadn't even realized she was falling. Stefan helped her place the flower on the grave before leading her back to Jeremy and Charlotte. Sasha fell into her friend's arms and just wept silently. 

When everyone started heading home Sasha noticed that Damon had walked away mid-way through the funeral. He was standing on the incline on top of the graves. He was talking to Stefan and the anger that consumed Sasha at seeing that was too much. Was he seriously not even going to support them, he was just going to walk away as usual. "I'll be right back", she informed Charlotte before walking up to where the two brothers were converisng. 

"I won't let Elena and Sasha lose anyone else", Sasha heard Stefan say. 

"I wouldn't make any promises", Damon replied. 

"What's that supposed to mean?".

"Tyler Lockwood bit me", Damon shows an ugly-looking bite on his arm. 

"What?", Sasha asks horrified, walking up to Damon and grabbing his arm but he just pulls it back out of her reach. 

"Were you eavesdropping?", Damon asks her angrily. 

"No", Sasha just shakes her head horrified at the prospect of losing someone else in her life. 

"We'll find something", Stefan states to no one in particular. Trying to convince both him and Sasha. 

"Yes, there has to be something out there", Sasha nodded her head looking at Damon's arm. 

"There is no cure", Damon tells them. "You wanna do something for me? Let me die in peace". Damon walks away and Sasha tries to go after him but Stefan stops her. 

"No, Stefan. I can't lose anyone else", Sasha tells him frantically. 

"You won't", he assured her, "I'll find a way I promise". 

S2 Ep22

Sasha found herself at a Founder's day event. It was a movie in the park. In her opinion, Mystic Falls had too many events dedicated to these founders. Way too many. But Elena had dragged both her and Jeremy to this, and Sasha couldn't say no to her older sister. It was also a good way to distract her from everything that was going on in her life. 

"You brought me to see a girl movie", Jeremy complains. 

"We had to get out of the house guys. This is our 3-hour distraction from our lives", Elena tells them. 

"Is that what we're doing?", Jeremy asks, "Pretending our lives aren't screwed?". 

"We need to do this, ok?", Sasha asks him softly. 

"Eat, breathe, sleep, wake up and do it all over again until one day it 's just not as hard anymore", Elena tells both of them as they place a picnic blanket on the grass. 

"Hey. There you guys are", an extremely cheery Caroline announces walking towards them with Charlotte right behind her. "Who's hungry?".

Charlotte sits down next to Sasha locking fingers together. "Are we really doing this?", Jeremy asks. 

"Yes, we are really doing this", Caroline tells him angrily, "We're gonna take a page from Scarlett. We made it through the war. I know you guys went through hell and my mom knows I'm a vampire and Matt broke up with you".

"Thanks", Charlotte tells her sarcastically. 

"It's basically like Atalanta burned down.", Caroline carries on," And yet in spite of everything we persevere". They all look at each other smiling, waiting for Jeremy to sit down. 

"All right", he relents, "What are we eating?". 

They all settle down on the blanket and start laying out the picnic and forgetting about their lives for a bit.

"Hey", Stefan says interrupting their conversation. 

"Look who couldn't resist an epic romance?", Elena playfully asks him. 

He smiles at her before turning to Sasha. "Will you come take a walk with me?", he asks. Sasha nods, a bit confused, before getting up and following him. 

"Do you have any news?", Sasha asks, knowing that this could only be about Damon. 

"Bonnie said there might be a cure".

"What?", Sasha felt the hope rise up like a balloon. Maybe Damon would be ok.

"But I have to find Klaus to get it". Sasha felt that hope pop like a balloon.

"No", she said firmly. "He'll just kill you".

"No. He had the chance to kill me but he didn't", Stefan argues with her. 

"That doesn't mean he won't. And if he doesn't you still can't trust anything he says. He's a liar who only cares about himself", Sasha tries reasoning with him. 

"I was the one who forced Damon into becoming a vampire Sasha. If there is a cure, I owe it to him to find it.". Sasha pulls him into a hug, knowing that no amount of arguments will dissuade him from going. "Go to him. Just tell him there's still hope", Stefan tells her. Sasha nods at him before walking back to her little group.

"Is everything ok?", Elena asks concerned, noting that Stefan didn't come back with her.

Sasha plastered on a fake smile. "Yeah. Stefan just had to take care of a few things and didn't want to bother him. I forgot my phone at home, I'm just gonna go get it".

"You don't need your phone for a movie", Caroline tells her like Sasha had suddenly forgotten where she was. 

"I just want to be connected if everything happens", Sasha explains giving out another fake smile before getting up. Charlotte followed after her.

"What is going on?", she asks her friend, spotting her bullshit a mile away. 

"Look Damon was bitten last night. I just need to go check up on him", Sasha tells her. 

"Really? Does that mean he's going to die?", Charlotte asks with a creepy smile on her face.

"Lottie!", Sasha exclaims. 

"What? I'll totally be upset if he dies", Charlotte holds up her hands. "Because it wasn't at my hands", she whispers. 

"Charlotte I'm being serious. Please cover for me", Sasha begged.

"Ok, ok. Go!", Charlotte shoved her away and Sasha gave her a grateful smile before rushing to her car. 

It's dark when Sasha arrives at the Salvatore house. She stands at the entrance of the house, looking up at it. Its brooding presence seems a bit too still, too quiet. Sasha feels the hairs at the back of her neck stand, the feeling of someone watching her makes her turn around. But there's nothing beyond the dark woods. "You're just being paranoid", she tells herself before looking back at the house. But a hand clamps around her mouth. Sasha automatically starts fighting back, the fear rising in her. "Don't make a sound", Liz Forbes tells her. When more police officers arrive Sasha starts struggling even more. 

****

Charlotte was already done with this movie but she had to stick it out for Sasha. Elena had left to go in search of Stefan. Finally, Caroline broke the silence.

"All this waiting around for news is ruing Scarlet", she complains. When Bonnie arrived, she had filled everyone up on the Damon situation, of course sans the part that Sasha went to check on him and the little matter that Stefan had gone to Klaus for the cure. 

Jeremy's phone rings, "Hey Alaric". He waits for a beat before answering, "No she went back home to get her phone". 

Charlotte looks up, knowing they're speaking about Sasha. Charlotte hits Caroline signaling her to hear into their conversation. "Apparently Damon escaped and went after Sasha. And the cops are after him", Caroline tells her. 

"Shit", Charlotte says. 

"What?", Jeremy asks her. 

"She went to see him", Charlotte confesses.

"Fuck", Jeremy exclaims, thinking of the worst-case scenario. "I'm going after her".

"Me too", Charlotte gets up as well.

"If Damon is off the rails, there is nothing we can do to help him", Bonnie explains. "Let us take care of this."

"You keep doing this", Jeremy says angrily, "You left me behind before and Jenna still died. Now I'm going to go find my sister. You go ahead and try and stop me". 

"What he said", Charlotte tells the girls before giving them an apologetical smile and following after Jeremy. 

The two don't search long before they find Damon, right in the town square. Charlotte couldn't help but notice how badly he looked. 

"Damon", Jeremy tries grabbing his attention. His eyes seem to focus on them and he looks to the side expecting to see someone there but there was no one there. 

"Where's Elena? I need to see Elena", Damon says almost desperately. 

Charlotte looks at Jeremy with worry. She had seen the way Damon looked at Elena. He was in love with her. But he also felt things for Sasha. The problem was that Charlotte didn't know if Sasha would ever be able to come back from that heartbreak. Not physically but emotionally. She would never be the same again. And so Damon needed to sort out his feelings. 

"Hey, hey", Jeremy tried to calm him down, "Why don't we just get you out of here first?". Damon falls into Jeremy, coughing. Charlotte puts the other arm around her shoulders, helping Jeremy carry him away from all the people. 

****

Sasha was locked in the Sheriff's office, pacing around the room. Finally, Sheriff Forbes enters the room. "Where's Damon? What did you do to him?", Sasha asks scared for his safety. 

"Why do you even care? You know what they are, what they do", Liz asks in disgust. 

Sasha tries reasoning with her. "Look, I understand why you hate them but you're wrong". 

"They're murderers Sasha. End of story", Liz tells her. Sasha shakes her head, getting desperate to reason with her. 

A knock interrupts her. "Damon Salvatore was spotted outside entering the Grill", a police officer announces. Liz walks towards the door. 

"Wait", Sasha blocks her path, desperately. "Please let me come with you. He's sick. He's not himself". Liz just walks around her. 

"Kepp her here", she tells the officer before leaving. Sasha runs after her but the officer blocks her path, closing the door in her face. 

****

Jeremy and Charlotte carry Damon into the Grill, which is closed and thus empty. They drop Damon at a table. "Hey! Hey! What are you guys doing in here?", Matt asks worriedly walking away from the kitchen. Charlotte's heart squeezes in pain at seeing him. 

"Damon is out of it. We needed somewhere with no people around", she explains. 

Matt looks at Damon with disgust. "Take him somewhere else Charlotte. I said I didn't want any part of this.". 

"We need to solve this problem, so if you want nothing to do with this just walk away", she tells him angrily. The two just stand in front of each other glaring at each other.

Jeremy slowly backs up and gets his phone out to dial someone. "Hey, we have him at the Grill". 

Charlotte has her full attention on Matt so she doesn't notice Liz Forbes entering the Grill with a gun. "Charlotte!", Matt shouts running at her and shoving her to the ground, away from harm's way. But it's too late. The Sheriff points the gun at Damon but he speeds out of there before the bullet can hit him, instead hitting an unsuspecting Jeremy. 

"No!", Charlotte screams when Jeremy falls to the ground. She pushes Matt off of her and crawls to Jeremy, frantically trying to stop the bleeding. She barely registers the Sheriff and Matt behind her. "Don't you dare die on me!", Charlotte pleads with an unconscious Jeremy, "Don't you dare". 

"Jeremy!", Bonnie's voice shouts. 

"Mom! Mom what did you do?", Caroline asks with fear. 

"I was aiming for Damon", she explains.

"He still has his ring", Caroline breathes in relief. 

"She human, it won't work", Charlotte tells her, still trying to stop the bleeding. 

"Caroline", Bonnie exclaims. 

"I got it", Caroline bites into her arm, feeding Jeremy her blood. 

"Jeremy please drink", Charlotte pleads, but he remains still. When Caroline removes her wrist from his mouth, Charlotte knows it's the end. She falls back into Matt's arms crying. He holds her tight. 

"Bonnie, what's going on?", Ric asks when he sees all of them crying over Jeremy's body. That must've been who Jeremy had called. 

"I know what I need to do", Bonnie says quietly. "I need you to grab him. Take him with us", she tells Ric.

" No, no, no. You can't move him", Liz stutters, "This is a crime scene". 

"Mom. Let them go", Caroline tells her sternly. They all leave leaving Charlotte and Matt alone on the floor. 

"Will he be ok?", Matt asks breaking the silence.

"Bonnie will bring him back", Charlotte says, trying to convince herself and Matt. "I'm sorry for bringing you into this".

"Charlotte", Matt sighs before pulling her into his arms. "You could've died today. I don't want that to ever happen. I don't care if you come with all of this craziness I want to be with you".

"What?", Charlotte asks, stunned, not wanting to believe what she was hearing. 

Matt gave an award laugh, "Will you take me back?".

"Yes!", Charlotte exclaims before throwing herself at him and kissing Matt deeply. Matt falls to the ground with her force and they both laugh before holding each other close again. 

****

Sasha was freaking out not knowing what was happening on the outside. Having taken care of Rose in her final hours, she knew what would be happening to Damon right about now. Not only would everyone be in danger but Sheriff Forbes was out for blood. Sasha leaned on a chair trying to calm down her breathing and trying to figure out a plan for everything. An idea comes to mind. Sasha grabs the chair and with all her strength throws it at the window. The glass shatters all around her. She used her jacket to wrap around her hand before punking out any jagged pieces. She then climbed out of the window and ran into the streets. If Damon had last been seen at the Grill Sasha decided to run to the town square. 

The square is packed with people for the movie. It was the worst time to have a rabid vampire on the loose. Sasha starts running around the square looking for any of her friends or Damon. She can't spot anyone so she runs to the back of the movie screen. Sasha stops to look around and catch her breath. 

"Sasha", Damon's voice startles her from behind. Sasha turns around and the sight before her scares her. Damon's skin has a sickly sheen to it and the way that he seems to be leaning doesn't bode well for him. 

"Damon", Sasha approaches him, "C'mon. We have to get you out of here". 

"Where are we going?", Damon asks scared. He leans on Sasha and she grunts under the weight, but it's as if she lost Damon. His eyes won't meet hers and they are unfocused. The same as Rose when she started to hallucinate. She has to get him out of the square now. They slowly start moving but Damon trips on nothing. 

"Hey!", Sasha exclaims trying to get him back up. She crouches until they are at eye level. "We need to get you out of here". Damon's eyes finally focus on hers. But he just uses his vampire speed to rush Sasha against a lamp post. The wind is knocked from her lungs and everything around her goes dark for a few seconds. 

"I choose you Katherine", Damon says out loud, finally bringing Sasha out of her shock. 

"It's me, Sasha. Hey, look at me", she pleads with him. His mouth starts lowering to her neck and Sasha begins to get truly scared. "Damon, no, please", she tries fighting him off. 

"I have to, if we are to be together forever.", Damon replies before the veins under his eyes come out. Sasha keeps trying to fight him off but it's useless. Damon reaches her neck and bites. 

Sasha cries out in pain. "Damon. Please stop. You're hurting me". But he doesn't stop. "Please. Stop.". Damon finally lets go of her. Sasha grabs onto her neck to stop the bleeding, but it hurts so much just to apply pressure. 

"Sasha", Damon whispers. He has finally focused on her again. He falls to the ground with the guiltiest expression on his face. 

"Damo", Sasha tries to get him to look at her again. He falls into her chest, broken. She uses one hand to pull him closer and the other still over her wound. 

"You'll be ok", she murmurs into her hair. Even though her heart was still beating from how scared she had been. They were going to be ok. 

The two of them make it back to the Salvatore house, where Sasha lays Damon in his bed. She goes to get a cloth and wets it before coming back to stand over him. 

"Sasha", Damon whispers. 

She grabs his arm, squeezing it, trying to get through the thick fog of the hallucinations. "It's ok. I'm right here".

"Sasha get out of here", Damon groans in pain, "I could hurt you". 

"No. You won't", Sasha assured him, "I'm not going to leave you.".

"Get out of here", Damon argues back. He starts groaning in agonizing pain. Sasha looks at him, feeling completely helpless.

"Hey", Sasha tries getting his attention. She gets on the bed next to him and pulls him into her. Holding him close, like her mom used to do when she was sick as a child. "It's ok. It's ok. It's ok", she repeats, almost like a mantra as she dries his forehead. 

"It's not ok", Damon begins, "All those years I blamed Stefan. No one forced me to love her. It was my own choice. I made the wrong choice". Sasha knew that the bite made him speak nonsense but she couldn't help but feel like these words were prophetic. "Tell Stefan I'm sorry". The way he was just giving up made her heart break. She didn't want to lose anyone else. "Ok?". Sasha just nodded her head holding him tighter while holding back her tears. 

"I will", she promised. Because she'd promise the moon and the stars themselves if she could just have more time with him. 

"This is even more pitiful than I thought", Damon breaks the silence. 

"There's still hope", Sasha assured him. But at this rate, she didn't know who she was trying to convince more. 

"I've made a lot of choices that have gotten me here. I deserve this. I deserve to die.".

"No", Sasha says softly. She lets go of him and lies down next to him, so that they are eye level. "You don't deserve to die". 

"I do, Sasha. It's ok. Because if I had chosen differently I wouldn't have met you". Sasha looks at him with tears in her eyes. "I'm so sorry. I've done so many things to hurt you". 

Sasha swallows her tears before brushing his hair back. "It's ok", she whispers, fighting back her sobs, "I forgive you". She gives him a smile. Sasha lies her head on his chest, sobbing quietly. His day was nearly over and she hadn't heard from Stefan, which meant that this was probably the last time she'd see Damon. If she never confessed her feelings, Damon would die not knowing that someone loved him. Sasha wiped her tears and looked back at him. 

"I think I'm in love with you Damon", she whispered. Speaking the words out loud made them more real than ever. Damon brushes Sasha's hair back with sad eyes. As if knowing how screwed she was. "I love you just the way you are", Sasha adds leaning in. Because this could be their last time together. Sasha softly kisses Damon. Just the gentlest of touches, but she still feels him kiss her back. When she pulls away they both smile at each other. She rests her head on his shoulder again. 

"Thank you", Damon tells her softly before kissing her head. 

****

The two must have fallen asleep not long after that, because when Damon wakes up, Sasha is sleeping on an armchair next to his bed. He doesn't remember when she left his arms, and that hurts him. 

"Look at this domestic scene", a voice interrupts his thoughts. Damon looks towards the door where Katherine stands. "Wow, do you look worse for wear", she mocks him.

Damon tries sitting up in bed, but it takes more effort than he thought. "What are you doing here?", he rasps. 

"Well, I came to you with the cure, but only if your nice", Katherine walks towards him, eyeing Sasha on the chair. 

"Let her sleep.", Damon warns her, "She hasn't slept since Jenna died". 

Katherine gave Sasha an understanding look before looking back at Damon. "So do you want this cure or not?". She sits down in bed next to him.

"You got free?", Damon asks as Katherine pours a red liquid down his throat. 

"Yep. Finally".

"And you still came here?".

"I owed you one", Katherine explains. 

"Where's Stefan?", Damon asks. But from the look in Katherine's eyes, it's not good.

"He gave himself over for the cure. He gave himself to Klaus". Katherine shrugged her shoulders like it wasn't her problem and started to walk away. But something made her turn back around. "Don't play with her heart anymore. Either love her completely or let her go". Katherine looked at Sasha with something Damon could only akin to compassion. A feeling he hadn't seen in Katherine in a long time. She turns back around and leaves. 

As if on cue Damon starts gaining strength and feeling better. He slowly gets up and shakes Sasha awake.

"What?", she startles awake. "Are you ok?", she asks frantically checking him.

Damon smiles before telling her about Katherine and the cure. "So you're cured?", Sasha asked not wanting to believe what was in front of her. Damon lifts up his sleeve to show her the healed bite. "Oh my god", Sasha jumps into his arms with excitement, hugging him. "That means that Stefan was successful! Where is he?", Sasha asks looking around the room as if he would just appear. 

Damon's face falls. "Sasha, something happened...". And Sasha knew that whatever Damon was about to tell her was going to shatter her world. 

****

chapter word count:7821

A/N

Sorry for the super short chapter. I really thought this was going to be a super big one but I don't think there were enough scenes to put Sasha in and I kind of rushed this last episode after Jenna died just because I didn't really know what to write and work has been killing me. I hope you guys still like it. 

Damon and Sasha's relationship is only going to snowball from here. Let me stress that they aren't end game. Sasha thinks she loves him because she simply doesn't know what love is (yet) and Damon is obviously infatuated by her but is in love with Elena and to deal with the unrequited love, he is going to be using Sasha. Also the ritual scene with Klaus and Sasha was probably one of my favorites to write and I can't wait to write more of their interactions. 

Also last chapter on season 2. What the actual hell?! We are halfway through TDV before Sasha leaves for the Originals. This makes me so happy. I know my writing sucks and that I rarely update so thank you for sticking through it with me. 

Love you guys and see you in the next chapter. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438 0 9
Hazel Gilbert is the shadow of Elena her older sister and so she doesn't really talk much she's close to Jeremy her older brother Hazel is 15 while J...
480K 7.8K 50
In which the gang of Mystic Falls find Elena and Jeremy's older sister Elaine on Instagram and won't leave her alone I DO NOT OWN THE VAMPIRE DAIRIE...
979K 18.2K 25
In a small town called mystic falls Nina Gilbert , her twin brother Jeremy and her older sister Elena are grieving over the loss of their parents. No...
88.8K 2.1K 31
T.W Abuse/violence/sex/drugs/etc Previously named 'The Outcased Sister' Rieka Donovon, a special girl. She was found on the Donovan doorstep at thr...