Step Into the Light

By PrettyPleasing89

Shine, step into the light. So bright sometimes, but he won't let her go back. *the beginning is a bit rough... More

Casting
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
<3

Chapter 41

113 1 1
By PrettyPleasing89

"Deep blue but you painted me golden"

NAOMI'S POV:

Naomi?" I hear Harry's sweet voice call me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I smile up at him.

"Are you okay?"

"Better than I have been in a while." I continue gazing at him fondly.

He smiles and we continue working on our pictures.

"Harry, can I tell you something?" I say as I work on my canvas.

"Of course Cherry, is that even a question?" He chuckles as he dips into his paints.

I stare at him.

He has a grin on his lips.

I thought I wanted to tell him.

I decide against it.

"You have the best heart of anyone I've ever met."

"Naomi I wouldn't go that far-"

"But I would. You are the kindest most loving and caring person I've ever known. And just feel very lucky to be able to say that I'm in your life. I just really want you to know how much I appreciate you."

I was looking down and painting my picture as I was saying these words.

He hadn't said a peep so I looked up at his face.

He had tears in the corners of his eye and he looked at me like I was to be treasured like a shooting star.

I reach up and wipe the tears away.

"And why are we crying over good things?" I smile warmly.

"I don't deserve you. You know that right? I need you to know that." He said scanning every inch of me as if to take this in.

I ran my fingers through his hair as he stared.

"Laisse moi juste t'adorer maintenant, d'accord?" I respond.

"D'accord, magnifique." He hums.

"Parlez-vous beaucoup de français?" I ask.

"Je parle assez pour que tu ne puisses pas essayer de dire des choses en français donc je ne comprends pas. Parce que je le ferai." He smirks.

"Bon sang, ça perturbe mes plans." I laugh and he joins.

He then leans in for a deep kiss that makes the world stop.

"I swear you're like a baby blanket." I chuckle.

"What does that mean?" He giggles.

"You always make me comfy."

"Then your my baby blanket too." He smiles.

I peck him on the nose with a kiss then go back to working on my painting and he does too.

"How are your parents doing? I heard you talking to them earlier." He says as his face turns into a concentrated expression looking at his artwork.

"They're doing well, they're very excited to meet you officially my brother's wedding."

"I don't know if I'm more excited to meet them, or Molly and Milo." He chuckles.

"Oh, definitely Molly and Milo. I just hope your prepared for Milo to steal some of your cake and for Molly to make you dance with her." I laugh.

"I'm looking foward to it. I bet you revel in the fact that you're the cool aunt."

"It's definitely my biggest flex. Kids are the best and once you get them to like you it's hard to not let that power go to your head." I chuckle as I see how my painting is starting to come together.

"Is that part of the reason you teach?"

"Definitely. I've always loved kids. My first job was babysitting the neighbors baby. His name is Alexander and he thought I made a damn good bottle." I chuckle. "What about you? Do you like kids?"

I see where this conversation is starting to go...

And I don't mind...

"Oh of course. When I was a teenager I babysat too, and I am a Godfather of two after all. I love children, they're so honest and pure. It's really a beautiful thing."

I smile at his well put answer and continue to go on with my painting.

After a moment he suddenly speaks up again.

"How many kids do you want?" He says with a smirk.

I was caught off guard.

I don't know how.

But I was.

I know we were talking about children and it should seem obvious that it was going to lead to that question, but I honestly thought we were going to beat around the bush and not actually talk about it.

We haven't said I love you yet.

We haven't talked about marriage yet.

But he wants to talk about kids?

Luckily I've thought about this from a young age and I do have an answer.

"I've always wanted two. So that way each would have someone to play with and talk to. You know... Just have a friend. And with two I feel like you can give a proper amount of time with each. That way they don't ever feel like they're tossed to the side. And selfishly I don't want any more than that because my mom and grandma had hard pregnancies and... It scares me. Plus with two kids, it would make a family of four. Meaning whenever you go to an amusement park, no one has to ride anything alone." I explain. "What about you?"

"Well... I always wanted two as well. Mostly because growing up it was just me and Gem. And it was perfect. We always had each other, and it always felt like everyone got time. No one was left out. Plus I feel like you learn a lot from having a sibling. But like you said, sometimes with too many, not everyone is able to get the attention they deserve. And with my job... Sometimes extra time is hard to get. Granted once I have kids, I'll definitely slow things down work wise..." He explains then looks at his canvas then up at me a few times back a forth. Then goes back at it with the paints.

"Yeah I guess that's kinda why I'm making the EP now and not later-"

Shit.

I said it without even thinking.

Why does he have to be so damn easy to talk to?

"What EP?"

I tried to ignore the curious stare he was giving and just keep painting but he lifted my chin up and made me look at him.

"Are you making an EP?" He said with with a look I haven't seen that often from most people other than him.

"Um... Well... Yes." I confirm.

"Baby I'm so proud of you!" He pulls me in for a tight hug. Like he was never going to let me go.

I guess that's what that look means.

It means he's proud.

"How much do you have done?" He says after reluctantly letting me go but still with his hands on my shoulders.

"I mean I guess most of the songs are finished. I need to come up with a name and a cover. Once I'm done I'll send it into some record labels I think-"

"I can help you with whatever you need-"

"No. Harry I really appreciate it, but no. I have to do this myself. I need my boyfriend Harry to help me emotionally while I try to take this new step. Not world famous singer songwriter Harry Styles to try to help me get in with the music industry. I'd feel icky." I chuckle with an underlying serious tone in my voice.

"No, I understand you wanting to do this yourself. And I'm even more proud of you for it. Naomi... Do you need a break from helping me with my album? You've gotta be spreading yourself thin right now with all of your projects and jobs. If you can't do the tour-"

"Harry you're getting way ahead of yourself. You can't get rid of me that easy." I say lightly at his overly worried manner.

"I know it's just... I don't want you to miss out on opportunities because you're too busy helping me. You've wanted this for so long and it would break my heart if-"

"Harry relax baby, nothing has even really happened yet. Neither one of our music has come out yet. Rehearsals for the tour are no where near starting yet. And there definitely aren't record labels lined up to sign with me-"

"Yet." He adds and stares at me expectantly waiting for me to repeat after him.

"Yet." I smile. " Anyway, let's just not get ahead of ourselves. Right now everything is fine."

We spent a long time just soaking up the delightful atmosphere, telling stories, and painting.

It was so refreshing.

We elegantly fed each other the chocolate covered strawberries, but then we proceeded to end up drinking the wine straight from the bottle instead of refilling our glasses.

As amazing as the strawberries and painting are, nothing can beat the simple pleasure of how he looks at me.

Or rather gazes at me.

It's as if he's in a trance.

It makes me feel like I'm special.

I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I hope I make him feel special.

I have no idea how much time has passed since we got here. It's easy to lose track of time when you're at a place you love with a person you love.

"I think mine might be done. What about you?" Harry asks as he starts cleaning up his supplies.

"I think mines done too. Wanna see?"

"Yes let me see!" He said like an eager child.

"Okay, okay." I chuckle as I turn around the canvas for him to look at.

His eyes widened at the sight of it.

"Naomi... That's fucking incredible! You said you weren't really good at it. What the fuck? Are you insane? This is amazing!" He praises and takes the canvas from my hands to get a better look.

"Thank you... I'm better with watercolors than regular oil paints, or even just a pencil. Earlier when you asked, that's what I thought you were talking about. I didn't know you had watercolors planned. I'm a little bit better at those." I say a bit shyly as I start to clear my area as well.

"You are way too modest." He jokes.

"Okay, your turn!" I say excitedly.

"It's not as good as yours... Be prepared for that." He chuckles nervously adding to his charm.

He turns it around for me to see and he looks to the ground at the same time. I assume because my reaction is making him nervous.

He painted me.

My smile grew so much my cheeks hurt.

I take the canvas from his hands making him look up at me finally.

"Harry! Is this me?" I say feeling overjoyed.

"Yes..." He blushed.

"Baby your so sweet! This is amazing! You did so fucking great!" I compliment.

"You are way too kind."

"You are way too modest." I quote with a smirk.

There's a pause of silence where he gives me that same peaceful gaze.

"Hey... Can I play you a song? It's not mine, but it reminds me of you." He asks softly.

I find myself speechless and I'm not totally sure why. He's sang songs to me before. So why am I speechless?

I nod because of my loss for words.

He picks up the ukulele he brought and strums a few chords, a hum accompanying it deep from his throat.

"Track suits and red wine, movies for two. We'll take off our phones and turn off our shoes. We'll play Nintendo, though I always lose. Cause you'll watch the TV while I'm watching you." He sings out ever so gently while looking and concentrating on plucking the strings. He has a lazy smile that lies on his face.

It's true, he always loses.

I always thought it was just because he was bad though.

Maybe I was wrong.

"There's not many people I'd honestly say I don't mind losing to, but there's nothing like doing nothing with you."

At this line he decided to look up from the ukulele and at me.

And with that, I'm pretty sure he and I are the only two people in existence.

"Dumb conversations we lose track of time.Have I told you lately I'm grateful you're mine.We'll watch The Notebook
for the 17th time. You'll say it's stupid
then I'll catch you crying." He lightly chuckles at the lyrics that really do seem to parallel our relationship.

I always try to make fun of the movie so I don't cry but it never works.

"We're not making out on a boat in the rain,or in a house I've painted blue.But there's nothing like doing nothing with you." His voice is so genuine in emotion.

" So shut all the windows and lock all the doors.We're not looking for no one
don't need nothing more.You'll bite my lip and I'll want you more until we end up in a heap on the floor. Mmm..."

I just know I'm smiling stupid right now.

"You could be dancing on tabletops wearing high-heels drinking until the world spins like a wheel. But tonight your apartment had so much appeal.
Who needs stars?We've got a roof. But there's nothing like doing nothing with you.Mmm...No, there's nothing like doing nothing with you." He sings right before he gives the ukulele a final strum that signifies the end of the tune.

"Harry... I just... I... I have no words. Thank you."

"Happy birthday darling, I promise your day is only gonna get better. Are you ready for the next activity on the agenda?" He winks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.3K 1K 32
She wanted something new. He was just the person to help her.
16.6K 547 10
One pitch black elevator... He's all rough edges and she's petite skirts, but in the darkness they open up and reach out without any preconceptions t...
2.1K 91 26
I disrespected you, jumped in feet first and I landed too hard. Broken ankle, karma rules. I never let you see my birthmark. *Sequel to Step Into Th...
28K 713 56
In which she goes to EVERY LOT concert. or In which he comes out every night in the hope of seeing HER.