Chapter 34

"When you're happy like a fool
Let it take you over"

NAOMI'S POV:

Harry and I have been seeing each other for four months now. A few things have changed, but the happiness I feel when I'm with him is the same.

I don't even know where to start.

Well... I was really worried about what I was gonna do financially after getting fired. I of course still have my teaching job, but for where I live in L.A. I need another job to stay afloat.

One day a few weeks after I got fired I was really stressing over it. I had been looking for jobs and nothing was working out. Then Harry came over for a surprise visit. I gave him a key to the apartment not long before this, so he let himself in.

I was sitting at my kitchen table and didn't notice him come in. I was too busy looking at bills I had to get paid. He cleared his throat to make it known he was there and it startled me.

"Oh I'm sorry Cherry, didn't mean to scare you." He chuckled and I stand up to give him a hug.

"It's fine, what's up?" I smile up at him feeling a little relief just by seeing his face and getting his hugs.

"Nothing, just wanted to see you... And ask you a question... it's about-" He starts but then looks behind me and pauses.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"What's all of this?" He says walking past me and looking at the bills.

"Oh that's nothing." I shake it off and reach for his hand to lead him away from the bills casually.

"That's not nothing Naomi." He takes my hand but doesn't let either of us move anywhere.

"Okay, it's something. But it's not something I need you worrying about."

"It's you Naomi, I'm gonna worry. But luckily the question I came over to ask you could potentially help with this anyway."

I furrow my brows in confusion.

"Okay, so... I was thinking. The keyboard and piano melodies that you've created so far for the album are fanominal. And your ideas for different harmonies are insane. And I just feel like no one can do them like you can. And I know you have so many wonderful plans for your future, and I just thought this could be a great start. But obviously if you don't want to, don't feel like you need to say yes to me. Okay? I'll one hundred and ten percent understand if you choose to say no. I don't want to make you feel boxed in given the fact that this isn't really the career in music that you had in mind and-"

"Baby relax" I chuckle and give him a kiss on the cheek. He looks so nervous.

"Okay, yeah right... um... So the question is... Would you be in my band? Like officially? Like on keys and background vocals? And like go on tour and the whole lot?" He said while taking my hands.

His were a bit sweaty.

It was cute to be honest.

My initial thought of course was yes. However when I start to think about the whole thing it starts causing some anxiety. But I've let that rule me for far too long.