Chapter 52

"Before the storm"

NAOMI'S POV:

"Are you ready?" Harry asks as we sit on the floor of our music room.

"Am I ready? Are you ready?" I ask him.

"I think so, but at the same time it doesn't matter if I am or not. It's coming out in five minutes, can't change it now." He tries laughing it off.

The album comes out tonight.

"You worked so hard, and it turned out beautifully. No matter what, you should be proud of yourself. You did an amazing job." I say taking his hand in mine.

"There's something about the album that I've been hiding from you..." He says with a look I can't describe.

He's not making me nervous, but he is making me curious.

"What?"

"There's a song on it you don't know about because I've been doing a damn good job at keeping it from you." He softly chuckles.

"There is?" I couldn't sound more excitement if I tried.

He nods with a smile, and walks across the room to pick up a guitar.

"I can't hide it from you anymore though, it's going to be everywhere in four minutes." He laughs as he sits back down in front of me.

"Well what's it called?"

"Sweet Creature."

A warm feeling grows in my chest and all I can do is tap on the guitar as if to say "please play it".

He takes a breath and then begins playing some chords.

"Sweet creature, had another talk about where it's going wrong. We're still young. Don't know where we're going but we know where we belong." He sings gently.

I feel tears well up in my eyes as I watch him.

He's focused on the guitar as he continues.

"And oh we started two hearts in one home. It's hard when we argue. We're both stubborn I know, but oh..."

"Sweet creature, sweet creature wherever I go, you bring me home.
Sweet creature, sweet creature
when I run out of road, you bring me home." He sings finally looking into my eyes.

I can't help but let the tears fall.

"Sweet creature, we're running through the garden oh where nothing bothered us. We're still young. I always think about you and how we don't speak enough."

I didn't think I could possibly love him more than I already do.

But he's proving me wrong with every lyric he sings.

By the time he finishes the song I'm a puddle of tears, and it's not pretty.

"Aw Cherry don't cry, come here." Harry says putting the guitar down motioning for me towards him.

He sets me on his lap and I give him the biggest hug I can.

"Thank you." I say sounding muffled because my face is up against his shirt.

He just rubs my back.

"First I'm Cherry, then I'm a Little Freak, then I'm a Sweet Creature. What's next?" I joke.

"The possibilities are endless." He chuckles.

"Play it again." I laugh.

"We'll have plenty of time for that. I'll play it for you every night of tour love." He lightly laughs again as we wipes the tears from my face.

All of the sudden, an alarm goes off on Harry's phone.

"Shit. It's out." He says in disbelief.

"Oh my god I'm so happy for you baby." I say planting a kiss on his lips.

"Honestly I feel good about it. I feel like I'm starting a new chapter."

Harry and I end up listening and dancing to the album. We opened up a bottle of champagne and took turns sipping from the bottle as well.

"Thank you so much, I really couldn't have made this album without you. You've done so much to help me since we met, and I just... Thank you." Harry says sincerely as the album ends.

"Honestly Harry I just appreciate the opportunity you gave me to help you with it. And... Now we get to go on tour." I say with a grin.

"I'm so excited to go on the road with you, and I'm also excited that you're excited. If I'm being honest with you I thought you'd back out..." He says unsure if he should've said that.

"It's okay, I don't blame you. I was really freaking out about SNL. Which, I'm sorry about that by the way."

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"Well I made a really big deal about it, just for me to love performing by the end of it. I was totally stupid."

"Hey, you were scared. You were valid. But I am glad that you're finally stepping into the light."

"Me too."

Then Harry gets a look of inspiration on his face.

"Okay I know it's late and this could sound stupid but just go along with it."

Harry grabs his guitar and starts strumming some chords.

Then he starts trying to hum a melody.

"Oh you want to write a song?" I ask.

"Well duh," He chuckles," do your piano stuff."

I laugh, pull out my phone to record this, then sit at the piano to try to match whatever the hell he's doing.

"Step into the light. So bright sometimes. I'm not ever going back. Step into the light. So bright sometimes I'm not ever going back." Harry starts singing.

"Wait that's good keep going." I encourage as I start playing chords on piano.

"What do you mean, I'm sorry by the way? Never going back now. Be so sweet if things just stayed the same. Wouldn't put it like that." He sings out.

"Wait, I don't get it." I say as I stop playing the piano.

"The lyrics?" He asks.

"Yeah, what are trying to say? Did you have too much champagne?"

This makes him laugh.

"No, it's about you." He says coming off of the laughter.

"How so?" I ask.

"It's about you finally taking risks and going for what you want. You're stepping into the light."

"Oh, I guess that does make sense." I can't help but smile appreciatively.

We end up staying up all night writing this song. We're really on a roll. Plus we're too excited to sleep.

I look at the clock that sits on the piano.

Its four in the morning.

"Wait Harry it's been a while, do you want to look at some reviews?" I ask him pausing playing the piano.

"Yeah, I'm getting a little too curious." He chuckles.

"I have to write this melody down and then I can grab my computer." I say grabbing some sheet music.

"I can grab it, where is it?"

"It's just sitting on the couch."

"Okay." He says as he leaves the room.