Chapter 42

^

NAOMI'S POV:

He is dead set on me not going back to my apartment until tonight.

I think my wonderful boyfriend might have something really special planned.

He said he wanted to take me on a little shopping day as we were leaving Cornelia Street, and I asked if we could stop by my apartment so I could change my clothes. We were outside and I just thought I ought to. He spent the next ten minutes convincing me I didn't need to go back to my apartment.

It eventually worked, I'll give him that.

Anyway, while shopping I didn't actually want him to buy me anything. I just love window shopping.

He eventually caught on to the fact that I found a lot of things that I would want, but I just wasn't telling him because I don't want him spending money on me.

He pleaded for me to tell him what I wanted but I refused.

I know he's very well off, but that's not why I'm with him. I don't ever want to take advantage of that.

Eventually we were looking in this clothing store, I turned around to show him this blouse I thought he might like. However he was no where to be seen. I walked all around the store but he wasn't there. I went into the neighboring stores and eventually ran into him while he was walking out of a jewelry store.

"I was wondering where you had gone." I laugh as he helps me steady myself after running into him.

"Oh sorry, I just had to pick something up." He smirks while holding up a small shopping bag with one finger.

"Harry... What is that?"

"For you." He says while holding it out for me to take.

"Harry..." I say unsurely.

"Please babe, just open it." He chuckles.

I give in and start to take out the tissue paper and get into the bag. Inside there is a small box.

Not small enough to be a ring, though I wasn't expecting and didn't want one right now anyway.

I smile up at him after seeing the box and he nods for me to keep going.

I slowly lift up on the lid to reveal a dainty and elegant necklace.

It was a sunflower necklace.

"Aw Harry this is beautiful." I smiled appreciatively.

"That's not even the best part, look at this." He lightly grinned as he grasped the necklace. He walked behind me and moved my hair off my neck, then put the necklace on me.

He walked back around to face me and reached for the small sunflower charm on the end of the necklace. All the sudden he grabbed both sides of the flower and slid it apart to show a message on the inside.

After the message was revealed I took the charm in my own hands and turned it so it would face me.

The message: You're so Golden

"What does that mean?" I ask feeling bubbly.

"It's not something I quite know how to explain yet. But you are... You're so golden."