Chapter 9

"You can count on me like 1 2 3"

NAOMI'S POV:

"Uh sure." Mitch says quietly back looking a little nervous.

I'm not really mad about all of the questions.

But the last one was not okay.

It's not the reason I left though. Well at least not the main reason.

I was just really caught off guard by Josh. I've wanted it to happen for so long, but to have it happen so quickly and like that was extremely overwhelming.

I thought I was ready, and I am ready. I'm just gonna need to take it very very slow because.. it's scary.

I hate myself sometimes.

We both get up and walk to an empty booth by the front of the diner. I'm surprised we even found a place considering the place was pretty much packed.

"So... Uh I can expl-" Mitch starts to say as we sit down.

"You don't have to explain. I know you were probably just trying to see if I was sketchy or something because you're worried about your friend. I assume that he's hung around the wrong crowd or something before. Right? And I mean they were simple get to know you questions, so I didn't really care. Until the one about Josh and I." I say wanted this conversation to be short and sweet because damn I'm hungry now.

"Yeah... Well... Harry um... Harry can sometimes fall for people pretty fast so... Well... I'm not saying he is falling for you, but I just wouldn't want him to and then you be with that other guy." Mitch says with an uncomfortable face.

Huh?

I give a confused expression.

"See it's just... I know that it is possible for a guy and a girl who are both straight to be friends. But you just... You never know... You know?" Mitch says still looking uncomfortable.

"Okay..." I say not really knowing what to do about this whole situation.

"Out of curiosity, did you say yes?" Mitch says after a second of silence.

"Huh?" I say not knowing what he's talking about.

"To going out with Josh. Did you say yes?" Mitch says answering my question.

"No offense, but that's not really your business. And why would I tell you after you ask me about who I'm hooking up with?" I say with my arms crossed.

"Yeah you're right... Sorry." He says it sincerely.

"Apology accepted."

We sit there for a second.

"You okay?" He says out of no where.

"Yeah- I mean yes."

"Hey I know I came off like a jackass but I promise I'm not. You seem like you're holding a lot in. You can keep doing that if you want, but I wouldn't suggest it. I'm very good at reading people. Scary good. So let it out if you want." He says looking so chill it's actually insane.

Eh.

Why not?

"You are a quiet guy though right? Like I could tell you something and you wouldn't say a word? I'm willing to talk to you, but you can't tell anyone. I literally have no reason to trust you but for some reason I feel like I could talk to you. So you're a quiet guy aren't you?" I say to him.

I'm  getting this wierd overwhelming feeling that I'm supposed to talk to him. Like he is supposed to be in my life. I really can't explain it. This has never happened before. Well... It did once. When I met Emma.