Chapter 30

"One heart broke, four hands bloody."

NAOMI'S POV:

Yeah, yeah. Of course. I've been trying to get a hold of you actually, and I-" I start.

"Great. How about we go outside and talk. That okay?"

He doesn't seem to be in a good mood with me.

What did I do?

"Uh, yeah. Sure." I nod uncertainly.

"Cool."

We start walking towards the exit and I go up to the counter to say bye to Emma.

"I'll talk to you later, I have to go talk to him."

"Why? Who is he? He just came in and said he was a friend of you and Harry and I-"

"He is, and I'm hoping I'll get some answers. I'll call you after."

"Okay, good luck." She giving me a smile to probably send some good vibes.

"Thanks." I smile and head to Mitch who was waiting at the door.

I walk to him and open the door for us.

"So... What's going on?" I ask.

"I don't know, you tell me." He says crossing his arms.

"Tell you what? I have no idea what's going on. All I know is that Harry won't talk to me anymore." I say feeling like he's trying to make it like I did something wrong, when I know I didn't.

"Yeah.... And you have no idea why? I mean come on Naomi. Really?" He scoffs.

"I don't! So just fucking tell me because I don't have a clue Mitch." I say now feeling agitated.

"Remember when I called you?"

"Yeah..."

"We talked..."

"Yeah..."

"You said that you ended things with Josh Naomi! Does that ring a bell?" He says with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yes and I did! So what's the problem?"

"The problem is that you didn't actually fucking end things with Josh!"

"What are you talking about?" I furrow my brows.

"After you told me you broke up with him and that you did have feelings for Harry, I told Harry to go talk to you! He went to go to see you at the Cafe but you must've been on break because you weren't there. Josh was there instead. He went up to Josh to ask him where you were. Long story short, Harry saw that Josh was wearing the shirt he lent you. He asked Josh where he got it, and Josh said that he had got it from you earlier that morning! And he definitely didn't make it sound innocent either Naomi. Care to explain yourself?" Mitch says looking at me disapprovingly.

"Are you kidding me? You think I lied to you and that we slept together? And that's your fucking proof? A shirt? And the fact that Josh made it seem that way?" I say in complete shock.

"Josh said that you guys had a crazy night-"

"Oh my god! Yeah, you know what? It was crazy! It was crazy because, we had broken up! It was fucking crazy that we lost our relationship and friendship all in one go! It was crazy because of how emotionally draining it was! It was crazy to find out that Josh basically got me fired from Beachwood! Which is why I wasn't there when Harry talked to Josh! Oh also, he probably got a hold of the shirt because he probably thought it was his. He had come over that morning to grab things of his that he left at my apartment and I bet he assumed it was his." I say without skipping a beat.

Mitch just stares at me.

And stares at me.

And stares at me.

"Well, are you gonna say something? Anything?" I ask.

"Naomi, since I first met you it's always been easy to read you."

"Okay... and?"

"So I know when you're lying."

"Mitch I-"

"And you're not lying right now."

I let out a sigh of relief.

I'm not lying. I would never lie about something like that. Ever.

"But... That means... Harry thinks that-"

"Yep." Mitch nods

"Was he really hurt by the thought of Josh and I doing that?"

"Yep."

"So... He really does like me?"

"Yep."

"Oh my god."

"Yep."

What if... after all of this he doesn't feel that way anymore?

He felt the way I do and I might've ruined it.

"Is Harry mad or sad?" I ask.

"...Sad."

I feel a headache coming on.

"Hey, Naomi it'll be fine. Once you tell him the truth it'll be fine. You guys will sort it all out." Mitch says sincerely.

I don't respond I just feel awful.

"Naomi, you didn't do anything wrong. It was just one huge misunderstanding. And I'm sorry for coming off so strong. I just had to have his back and... I was wrong. I'm so sorry."

"Thanks." I say to him but my head is elsewhere.

"... Naomi don't get in your head you didn't do anything wrong."

"I hurt him."

"He hurt himself by assuming things."

"Where is he?"

"The studio."

I nod.

"Are you gonna go talk to him?"

"Yeah."

"Want me to drive you?"

"Actually... yeah. Emma drove me here. My car is in the shop. It's an old bug. Aka POS."

"POS?"

"Piece of shit." I laugh.

He laughs too and we walk to his car.