Chapter 14

"I'll always hold on, cause you make me strong"

NAOMI'S POV:

"You look like you might shit yourself." Harry says while looking over at me as we walk to his car in the parking lot of the salon.

"I do not." I say starting to walk a little faster so I can be in front of him so he can't see me.

"It's okay to be nervous. " He says as he catches up to me.

"I know that. But I'm not nervous." I say with a smile.

"Naomi, don't try to be all cool and shit now." He says as he walks in front of me and starts walking backwards so he's staring directly at me.

I turn my head to the side and start looking around.

"Okay fine! I'm fucking nervous okay? But I don't want to be because I know I don't work well when nerves are involved, so if I pretend I'm not nervous... At some point, I won't be and I'll be at the top of my game." I say.

"Ah, see? Doesn't that just feel better?" He says looking into the sky with a smile.

I chuckle and shake my head.

"I guess."

We both then get into the car and put on our seatbelts.

"Oh, here are your sunglasses." I say as I pull out his and my sunglasses.

"Thanks." He says as he takes my heart shaped sunglasses instead of his own. He then slides them on and smiles.

"What are you doing?" I laugh out.

"Sun swap." He smirks.

"Alright." I say with a grin as I put on his black sunglasses.

"We look wonderful, don't we?" He says after he looks at himself in the rearview mirror.

"Gorgeous." I say looking into the rearview as well.

"Okay, here you are." He says while giving me his phone filled with music.

"What are you feeling?" I say wanting a song suggestion.

"I dunno, something flowy." He says while pulling out of the parking space.

"You got it." I say agreeing with his want.

I scroll and scroll until a certain song catches my eye.

I'm Like a Bird by Nelly Furtado.

I click play and and tilt my head to the blue sky.

"Amazing taste as always." I hear Harry say from beside me.

"Thank you." I say smiling at the sun.

"So, if you don't mind me asking... What kind of stuff do you write? I mean if you don't want to answer-"

"It changes. I've never really had a specific style. Or at least I don't think I do." I say answer.

"So you're eclectic. I like that." He says encouragingly.

"I mean hope so." I say.

"What do you mean?"

"Well... I've never shown my work to anyone or done my work with anyone else. So I don't actually know if I'm any good at all." I let out with a small sigh that I didn't mean to let escape.

"See, you just have to let go of all of that self doubt. Trust me, I had to do it as well. And it took time of course, but one day you'll wake up and just not care and your gonna do what you wanna do and be who you wanna be. I'm still not totally there, but I know I will be... I like to let go of different things at a time... And today, today could be you letting go of that fear of you doing what you love most in front of people." He says calmly as the wind glides through his freshly cut hair and with the sun giving him a soft glow.