Chapter 32

"You're my best friend, and we're dancing in this world alone"

NAOMI'S POV:

"I'm thinking... Maybe I just wear like the nice dress?" I ask nervously.

"Wear that green silk one!" Emma says over the phone.

I'm in my closet trying to get ready for my first date with Harry, but I desperately need help.

"I mean it is a pretty dress..." I say sort of frantically.

"Okay great! Then wear that!" She says as if the problem is solved.

"But what if it's too much?"

"You said that he was gonna wear a suit, I'm sure that's perfectly fine." She laughs.

"I know but what if he was joking?"

"Knowing him I'm telling you just go with it. Okay? It's good, you're good. Do it." She encourages.

"Yeah, yeah you're right." I nod.

"Great, do you know what you guys are gonna do?"

"Nope. Not at all." I smile.

"I'm so happy for you. I've been waiting for you two to do this since... Well honestly since he came to Canyon that first time and you went to the diner after." She laughs.

"Thanks Emma, I just can't believe it's actually happening... I should probably go and start getting ready. God knows I'm gonna end up doing my makeup a thousand different times." I chuckle nervously.

"Hey, it's gonna go great. With you two I just know it. And yes, go get ready! I have to go pack anyway."

"Thank you." I say sincerely. "Wait, where are you going?"

"Oh I gotta go visit my family in North Carolina. They wanna meet KJ."

"Ooh fun! Is it a last minute thing?"

"Yeah, I talked to my dad today and he said he needs to meet KJ. I'm not too worried though."

"Well goodluck! You don't need it though, they'll love him. I mean they love him over the phone, why wouldn't they love him in real life?"

"True, true. Well, have fun tonight! It'll be great! Love you!"

"Thank you, love you too!"

We hang up and I set my phone at my side as I sit on my closet floor.

I get up and go through my clothes on all my hangers and find the dress.

I pull it out and look at it.

I'm not really worried about it being too much anymore actually.

Because...

It's Harry.

My date tonight is with Harry.

There is nothing to worry about.

With the dress in my hands I head to my bathroom and start getting ready. I also turn on the perfect playlist to feel myself while doing so.

The playlist started with Burnin Up by the Jonas Brothers.

Don't judge me.

I feel good.

_________________________________________

HARRY'S POV:

After chugging almost a complete bottle of Pepto Bismol, changing my outfit eight times, pacing around my house, getting everything set up, having a shot of vodka, and fixing my hair twelve different times I'm finally ready to pick up Naomi.