The Rejection

By akr13480

Mates... Someone who care for you, be with you, cherish you and love you. Someone you can spent your entire l... More

DISCLAIMER
Trouble
Reunion
Memory Lane
Trouble II
Truth
Pain
Losing Control
Apology
I won't give up on you
Deal
Twin Flame
I Know Your Weakness
The Rejection
The Spell
Let's move on
The dark side
Author's note
Oblivion
Threat
Serenity
Funeral
Flashback
Flashback-II

A Date

394 11 0
By akr13480

Flashback

Josie's flight land at Paris airport. Caroline was there to took her daughter her home.
"Oh honey...I missed you" Caroline hugged her daughter
"We met few weeks ago" Josie stated
"A mother's heart always missed her child" Josie smiled at her mother.
"Come on let's go, we have lot to discuss on our way back" She said taking her luggage and making their way out of the airport to the parking area where she parked her car.
"I want to help you find the solution to the merge" Josie said out of the blue.
Caroline stopped at her tracks, sighed. She placed the luggage in the car trunk returning back to Josie.
"I knew you would say something like that"
"So you're agreeing?"
"No" Josie huffed at her.
"You are a kid honey and I want my kids to have a normal life. At least high school"
"Well we aren't normal, we have problems every time on our back and I want to help you find a solution to it"
"We will discuss about it later, get in" They both sat in a silence during the ride.
"Are you sure about this Josie? Living without your sister..." Caroline asked her
"I know it won't be easy but I have to try" She replied looking at through the car window.
"You can tell me anything you know that right"
"I know mom"
"So what brought you here?"
"A rejection" the brunette replied reminding the worst day of her life.

Josie get admission in a school it was nearly end of a semester but her mother being a vampire made it easy for her. She rented an apartment for Josie to stay near the school while Caroline continued her tour in search of a solution to merge. The first day at her apartment she met a blonde girl, who has the same blue eyes which often remind her of her mate.
"I thought I have this apartment to myself" the blonde said to her
"I thought that too"
Mrs. Williams came to their room informing that they both book the apartment same time so there was a problem. She insisted them to share the apartment, Sophia refused to her but at last she has to agreed.

Josie find her new roommate little mysterious. First thing she noticed about her was that she spent most of nights with different person which always irritated her. She caught her most of the times doing the deed on the couch. She set up a 'no sex at home' rule only for her roommate to break it every other night. Despite of all she was great friend to Josie, they shares long night chats and movies, shopping in the weekends when Sophia dragged the brunette with her. She flirted with her more often which she always finds to denied her. Sophia was suspicious in more ways to her. That's how one day she uncovered the truth of the blonde to became a saccubus.

That night, Josie wasn't afraid of her but Sophia was, to lose a friend maybe more than that. She has her suspicion that Josie was a witch which sometimes scared her too. In her life Sophia always got whoever she chose to preyed on but Josie was never affected by her. Josie took that news of her being a supernatural very well than she expected. Josie also told her about her being a siphoner witch and why she was away from her home town. The confession Josie made to her was mostly because she was charmed by the saccubus. Her seduction always worked on her but it never lead them to the bed.

The first few weeks went smoothly for the saccubus but for the siphoner she had to go through the unendurable pain. She passed out for a week during the first full moon that her mother had to come from Germany to visit her in very short notice. Josie assured her mother that she will be fine but in reality she didn't know the answer to that. When Sophia learned about Josie and the rejection she asked her to move on. She sent her on a few blind dates but Josie didn't get her mind off of a certain blue eyed girl. The next month went like the first one and they started to believe there was something wrong with the mate bond. Her condition was getting worse, Sophia told her to inform her family but Josie refused her not wanting to involve her family in this.

On the last resort Sophia suggested her to mate with someone cause she read that mate bond would be break if someone else would claim the rejected one. Josie hesitantly agreed to her, anything to get rid of the pain. She asked a warewolf boy Josie met on a blind date who was constantly bugging her all the time to give him a chance. Sean. The next full moon Josie spent her night with Sean. They talked for a while and the brunette find the boy interesting. He initiated the kiss between them and all Josie could think about was Hope and her lips when she kissed him. She was feeling the aching in her chest as it was increasing every passing second and soon she lost consciousness.

When she woke up 2 days after the incident Sophia told her that Sean got huge claw marks on his body as he was in serious condition. The brunette didn't remebered anything happened like that.

They met a witch who could described the brunette's situation to them. She asked for something that belonged to her mate and Josie had her talisman which was a gift by the tribrid. The witch told them what was happening to Josie is very rare because she share a very strong mystical connection with the tribrid. They were twin flames of each other. Which means even if their human form would reject the other their soul would never yearn for anyone else. She also gave Josie those herbs although she very much denied the excessive use of it. Josie was taking those herbs ever since. She hated that in whole world she has to suffer of being the only tribrid's soul mate...

----------------------------×---------------------------

"Now tell me why you're using this?" Lizzie didn't know about her secret medication nor does anyone else at the school except Sophia.
"Lizzie it's..."
"Don't tell me it's nothing. You're taking drungs. I can't believe you..." The blonde exclaimed at her sister.
Josie sighed in defeat, she knew the medicines aren't the long terms solution for her rejection pain.
"This isn't drugs Lizzie... these are my medication for the full moon" She replied looking down at hands.
"What kind of medication?" Hope asked her this time. Her gaze never faltered from the brunette. Josie shot her a glare.
"Tell me Jo" Lizzie asked her with a concerned look.
"Remebered when I told you about the side effect of rejection?" Lizzie nods at her.
"It got worse at every full moon and when I went to Paris, the pain became too much to bear so I tried to break the mate bond" Hope's heart sank at the brunette's statement.
"I had a one night stand but the marking didn't went as planned. Soon I found that we are stuck in a unbreakable mystical connection to each other so I can't be with anyone else" Josie's confession made her stumbled at her feet, she felt she was daggered in the heart. The bond which bound them together was a chain in the brunette's feet that she wanted to get rid off.
"We met a witch and she gave me these herbs which could able to lesser the effect"
Lizzie face softened at her but soon she tightened her jaw looking at the tribrid.
"You want to break the bond?" It was more of a statement than a question to her. She wanted to know where she stand. The guilt and regret of her past actions turns out to anger. Josie felt that too. She could've said the whole details of that night to assured her that her assumptions were wrong but there darkest parts of her wanted to see the tribrid hurt.
It was confusing the anger and regret they felt of each other. Hope waited for her return so she could make up for her mistake while the brunette was trying to break their connection this whole time.
"Josie and I need some alone time to catch up" She said staring at the tribrid. Hope was staring at the brunette still waiting for an reply which never come.
"Joise..." She said sternly, the brunette was looking down at her fingers, not wanting to get into an argument.
"Now" Lizzie said louder this time.
Hope huffed in frustration, she wanted to be there for her and Lizzie was making it hard for her to do that. She hesitantly left the room leaving the twins.

------------------------------×---------------------------

"Long time ago gods were visiting the human plain. They opened a door between spiritual realm and mortal realm. So they could also enjoy human desires..."
Sophia was in her class. She wasn't listening to whatever Mrs. Sinclair was teaching them her gaze were fixed at the curly haired boy sitting in the front rows. She was worried for Josie too but the doctors denied to let more people to stay with her. Sophia had to wait till Josie recover so she could meet her. Meanwhile she attend her classes, Principal's order of this morning. Mrs. Sinclair was teaching them about mythical creature and their importance. This was the class she shared with the phoenix boy and she was enjoying every bit of it.

Landon can tell that someone was dragging hole in his back. His intuition were right as Wade tell him that the new girl was staring at him the whole time. Landon knew who it was, it was enjoying and quite irritating too. He wanted to look back at Sophia too.
"You know the rumors that she is a saccubus?" He asked Landon
"Yeah. I find out yesterday when that heretic kidnapped us"
"Yeah. Alyssa was saying that she slept with different people every night and killed them" Landon was staring at him listening him
"That's how they got their power. I was thinking it's really sad that she couldn't be with one guy but killing... I would suggest you to stay away from her" Landon lost in thoughts as he took every words in of what Wade said to him. Soon the bell rings and he couldn't stay in the same room with her. He stormed out of the classroom but not before he heard his name called out. It was Sophia but he ignored her moving out of the class.

Sophia got out of her class moving to the next one which was warewolf mutation. She has the same class with Landon as well but he didn't show up. She was waiting for the curly haired boy to came in through that classroom door so she could admire his perfect features. She looked at the empty seat and made her way over there.

She was playing with her pencil when a large figure sat beside her. She turns to looked at the wolf boy she banged few days ago.
"I thought you aren't the student here" he said
"Well I am now" She replied him
"So, are you and Josie together now?" He asked out of the blue.
"Where does this come from?" She asked annoying
"Oh we all know Josie left the school because of her so called mate rejected her and your ex also confirmed that... just curiosity you know" he states.
"How...?" She wanted to ask more about brunette but Jed guessed it before her
"Lizzie threatened some students as Josie's mate which turns out a gossip for whole 3 weeks"
"And you believed that?" She asked the wolf
"I dated Alyssa Chang for 3 months and every rumors in this school goes through her"
"What's it to you?"
"Girls likes gossip and I just wanted an excuse to talk"
Sophia smiled at him
"Talk about what actually?" She asked playing coy
"I want you to fake date me so I could get my revenge on Alyssa for ditching me" he states firmly.
"Whoa... Breaking a heart. I really like this game" She agreed "before that I have something to do first" he nods at her. She wanted to talk to Landon, explain things to him. Now that the tribrid was mad at her she would definitely retreat her offer to helping her with her mate.

---------------------------×---------------------------

Hope was in her room. The colours stains were spread across the room, the lights were broken as there only ceiling light that remain lit. The broken glasses were fallen everywhere in here room. It was still before dawn that she couldn't just wolf out because if common people would saw a wolf around the school they would report the police. Painting was the only thing which could divert her mind.

She ran the paint brush on the canvas. Not thinking of anything in particular, her hands were moving in a motion as she painted an eye in the canvas. An eye, brown irises, dark brown pupil with heavy eye lashes. She paints the perfect sculpture of her mate's eyes. The eyes she dreamt of every night to saw them again and when she did all she was feeling is pain.

Josie, her mate, her twin flame, was tied to her because of the bond. She wanted to break their connection. She wants to break their bond. Lauren's words striking through her mind, Sophia has feelings for Josie and given their relationship status Josie would also like Sophia. That's when the tribrid was hoping that she could give a chance to their relationship. To risk everything she believed in just to be with her mate. She wanted to show the real picture of herself to Josie and the brunette destroy it. How could she be so stupid to believe in the mate bond and let her heart broken.

When she finished her art she set the canvas to the corner with the rest of her art which was also the portrait of her mate. The mate she missed for past 10 months. She painted Josie every time when she hold the brush. It's like nothing ever beautiful come to her mind as compared to her mate. If she is an artist Josie would be her masterpiece.

When moonlight falls through her window she take it as her cue to wolf out. She shifted immediately and jumped out of the window running deep in the forest and lost in her thoughts.

----------------------------×--------------------------

Josie told everything to her sister. Lizzie was mad not telling her about all this earlier but she was glad that Josie's here and she would be here whenever she needs her sister.

Sophia tried to approached Landon few times throughout the day but the phoenix boy succeeded in every attempt to ignore her. Later she found Raf who told her that Landon was busy as he was reading about something in the library. She was making her way to through the common area to library where she found the brunette sitting beside the fire. A tape recorder playing old song while the brunette seem lost in thought listening to the music
"Jo. How are you feeling?" She asked her friend.
"Not great. I can feel what she is feeling and... she is hurt" She said while a tear escape her eyes.
"What happened?"
"I told them about Sean"
"Hey... it's okay. You did nothing wrong you have every right to move on. Besides..." Sophia wipe her tears "your jerk mate would totally deserve it" Josie chuckled at her.
"But I just can't..."
"No buts..." She put her index finger on her lips.
"Come on dance with me" Sophia said
"What?"
"Yeah... I'm damn serious" She replied holding her hand pulling her out of the chair. While they started to dance slow. Josie relaxed after few minutes through the dance as it helped her to divert her mind
"When did you became a dancer?" The brunette asked her. Their bodies were close to each other while Sophia held her hand guiding her though every step
"Someone told me dancing is a stress release" Sophia replied reminding Landon.
"Speaking of which... I'll be back" She replied releasing the brunette while she made her way to the library.

Sophia didn't knew that Hope was watching them the whole time and it got her suspicion right. Sophia was on her way to the library where suddenly she got slammed to the nearest wall and when she looked at the person, she found the tribrid, her eyes were golden as if she would move the wolf in her would rip her in shreds.

"We have to stop meeting like this" She said while tried to catch her breath
"You poisoned her mind" the tribrid growled
"If you are talking about Sean..." The tribrid hit her back again with the wall and making the saccubus grunts
"You rejected her remember... she can do whatever she wants in her life, you can't control her"
"You'll not say what should I do?" She hated that the saccubus was right but she can't admit that, not to her. Her grip on her neck was tightened.

A soft hand hold her grip and by the touch of it her grip loosened immediately, she knew who it was.
"Hope, let her go" the soft voice of her mate made her calm. She came in full control of herself as her eyes turned to blue. Sophia was coughing hard trying breath. Josie held Hope's hand still not letting it go so that she would grab the saccubus again. Sophia ran inside the library when Josie casted a barrier spell trapping the saccubus in library so that Hope wouldn't hurt her.

"What's wrong with you?" Josie asked her once she dragged Hope away from the library
"I should be the one asking that to you. Are you crazy? You wanted to break our bond" She exclaimed at the brunette.
"Is that why you're acting out?" Josie asked again
"Is this become too much for you that being connected to me made you feel like a fucking prisoner that you wanted a way out so bad"
"You're not yourself" the brunette states.
"Aren't I?" The tribrid came closer to her holding her by her arms staring in her eyes
"I never replaced you in my life and you gave my place to any other person to CLAIM YOU" she shouted at her
"Hope... you didn't know..."
"I don't want to know Josie. I just want to know if you want someone else" Her voice became soft, more fragile at this point. She was afraid to hear the answer
"I did. I tried to love someone else who would just love me back not hurt me in a way that you did cause this..." She gestured between both of them "this bond won't allow that. We're twin flames and I never be completely move on from you because you took a piece of my heart and broke it beyond repair. I blame the fate to pairing us as mates" She has tears in her eyes
"What did I ever do to you to not want me? Was I not enough? What have I ever done wrong that you put me through all this misery"
The tribrid's grip on her arms loosened, she just stared at the brunette with uncertain expression. She left her there standing at the corridors. Not having answers to her questions.

---------------------------×----------------------------

Sophia went inside the library where she find the phoenix boy reading a book. He looked at her messed up hair as collar of her top had some holes because of the tribrid's grip.
She was gasping loudly while Landon approached her
"Sophia... what happened to you?" He asked with worried eyes
"The tribrid lost her mind, I swear if I got a chance to kill someone that'd be definitely her" She said panting.
"Are you okay?" Landon asked again. Seeing Landon worried for her brought a smile to her face
"Mmhh" She hummed in response "but I would feel better if you stop ignoring me" She states
Landon laughednervously
"I'm not ignoring you. I'm just little busy" he said.
"That's good" Sophia replied closing the books the phoenix was reading not ever taking a glance at it.
"Now that we are stuck here..." She said seductively
"What do you mean?" He asked little confused
"Oh... Josie put a barrier on door. You know so that nobody could disturb us" Landon was eyeing her skeptically. Sophia came close to him holding his hand
"Relax lover boy, I would make best of our first date" She said and attached their lips together.

Here's the new chapter. I will update soon. Hope you'll enjoy it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 720 27
"Running is easy when you've been doing it most of your life. It becomes less of a thrill and more of a necessity. I got too comfortable hiding out i...
17.2K 471 22
This is a soulmate mark/college AU, where Hope never went to the Salvatore School, and never met the super squad. The rest of Hope's childhood was ba...
4.2K 69 13
Set after 3 x05, where the gang will have to adjust to new changes that is happening at the Salvatore school. The school is running low on students a...
182K 4.3K 19
Hopes new feeing start to get deeper and deeper for Josie as she soon realises that they were mates, but thats impossible and for that hope must stay...