My Lifeline - Jaywon Shortsto...

Par BrunaVilliger

Welcome to my collection of one shots and short stories about Jaywon! • They're boy love stories inspired by... Plus

Late night Youtube
Fever
Jay's Fashion
Jungwon The Human
The feels
Safe
Soju Time
Soju Time part 2
Hot Like Summer
Lamb skewers
Frost
Upper Side Dreaming
Fluffy burrito
Sleeping Beauty
Sleeping mask
Garden Tree
Cute
Perfect
Get some rest
Mine only
Never have I ever
Grape Juice
Incognito
Butterflies
Butterflies part 2
Courage
Roomies
Revelation
Mistake
Mistake part 2
Retail Crush
One room apartment
Fansign Trouble
Cloud 9
Cloud 9 part 2
Birthday leader
Bitter Sweet
Bitter Sweet - Part 2
Bitter Sweet - Part 3
The Psychiatrist
The Psychiatrist Part 2
The Psychiatrist - Book
Good Reason
Good Reason Part 2
Good Reason Part 3
Vlive
Deposition
Deposition Part 2
Deposition Part 3
Blockbuster
Alpha Jay
Alpha Jay Pt 2
Wifi
USB
Jayfia
Jayfia Pt 2
Jayfia Pt 3
Jayfia Pt 4
Jayfia Pt 5
Bus Stop
Bus Stop Pt.2
Bus Stop Pt3
Bus Stop Pt4
Bad
The Note
The Note Pt 2
The Note pt3
Choice
Choice Pt 2
Eye on You
Eye on You Pt 2
Eye on You Pt 3
Hitchiker
Hitchhiker Pt 2
Netflix
OMG YALL
100k special✨
The Grandson
The Grandson Pt2
The Grandson Pt3
The Grandson Pt4
LA
Awakened
Awakened Pt2
Awakened Pt3
Awakened Pt4
Awakened Pt 5
Voices
Voices Pt. 2
Truth
Bal Masqué
Bal Masqué Pt2
Bal Masqué Pt3
Captain Park
Captain Park pt2
Captain Park pt3
Captain Park Pt4
Naiad
Naiad Pt2
Bonus Chapter - Restaurant

The Grandson Pt 5

1.2K 106 51
Par BrunaVilliger

TW: loss of loved ones

Jay felt his heart getting heavier and heavier. He had just received unexpected news.

His hands were shaking and the only thing he could see was Jungwon's name on the screen of his smartphone.

~

Meanwhile, said Jungwon was drinking some water. He was exhausted after teaching his second class of the day. His students bowed in front of him as they left the dojang.
As if he had heard his other half thinking about him, Jungwon walked towards his locker to check his phone. His intuition was right. As soon as he looked at the screen, he saw a missed call from Jay, so he called him back.

"Hey" said Jay, in a morose tone.
"What happened?" instantly asked Jungwon, sensing something was off.
"We have to go" said Jay. "Before it's too late."

Jungwon nodded. He had been expecting that phone call for a few days now.

"I'm on my way" he said. "Hang in there, okay?"

Jay didn't answer. Jungwon sighed before taking everything and leaving. Hopefully, he had explained the situation to his boss the week before and the latter had agreed on letting Jungwon leave a few days if necessary.
The cab drove Jungwon to the small apartment he shared with Jay, who was waiting for him in the front of the building's door.

"I'm sorry" said Jungwon, getting closer.

Jay remained silent. He couldn't speak at the moment.

"We'll go through this together" he added, circling Jay in a warm hug.

~

The couple was in a hurry. Hopefully they had found plane tickets that left the same day. They had been horribly pricey, but it didn't matter. Now, they were running in the airport, trying to find their gate.

"To the left!" said Jungwon, pointing at the sign.

Jay simply nodded, following his lifeline, slaloming amongst the other travelers.
They reached the gate a few seconds later, panting and stressed. The staff had just called the last passengers, so they were just in time.

Jay dug deep inside of him to return the staff's smile. She gave him his passport back and closed the door after them.

Jungwon and Jay were the last people to board the plane, so it felt like all the eyes were on them. Jungwon must have noticed Jay's uneasiness, because he naturally took his hand in his and guided him towards their seats.

The flight passed quite fast for Jay, who fell asleep as soon as the plane took off. Jungwon, on the other hand, couldn't seem to fall asleep. He spent hours trying to focus on this or that movie, without success.

The flight attendant passed next to Jungwon, offering some water. The latter accepted. After a sip, he looked over, admiring Jay's peaceful face.

I'm so sorry Jay..
You've been through so much this last year..

Jay slightly moved his head and Jungwon sighed.

Only five hours left, I can do it.

~

Jay and Jungwon entered the building, politely smiling and asking for directions. Of course, they knew the place, especially Jungwon, but they wouldn't be going back to the 6th floor this time.

No, Jay's grandma was staying in the intensive care section now.

Jungwon felt more and more pressure on his hand as Jay got more nervous. He gently squeezed it twice, trying to show his support.

The elevator opened up and the couple found itself in front of a big "intensive care" sign. A nurse came to welcome and guide them towards the right room.

Last time the two men had seen Mrs Park, she was full of life and cheerful. She didn't look at all like the woman in front of them. She seemed to have aged ten years, when only three had passed. Pain deformed the features of her face and she had lost weight as well as hair.

As soon as he saw her, Jay felt tears forming in his eyes.

"Hi grandma" he whispered.

Jungwon stayed back a bit. He wanted to give Jay and his grandmother the space they needed.

"Jay?" she asked, blinking several times. "Is that really you?"
"It is" he replied, taking her hands in his.

She smiled the purest smile Jungwon had ever seen. For a second, it was as if Jungwon had read the comics she liked three years ago.

"I'm sorry" she said, looking at him. "I forced you to change your plans."
"You have nothing to be sorry about" whispered Jay. "I'm the one who's never around. My plans can be delayed."

Tears had broken free from his eyes.

"You are here now" she said. "Nothing else matters."

Her eyes left Jay for a moment, as if she was looking for something, until she finally recognized what was missing.

"Jungwon" she said with a weak yet enthusiastic voice. "You came too."
"Of course I did" replied Jungwon, coming closer.
"How is life in Washington?" she asked, her hands still in Jay's.
"I've been working at the same dojang for two years now! I'm a taekwondo instructor" explained Jungwon.
"Oh, yes, Jay told me about it" she confirmed.
"How are you feeling?" asked Jungwon, more concerned about her than anything else.

Her expression changed.

"Well, as you know, the doctor said my cancer spread beyond any cure.." she said. "I really didn't think I'd make it until your arrival."

That last sentence broke the two men's hearts. She had waited for them.

"To be honest, I kinda want to go" she whispered. "I don't want this pain anymore."

Jay nodded, trying to stay strong. Of course, he wanted his grandmother to be painless. Of course, he understood that she wanted to be free from her cancer. Of course, he just wanted her to be happy.
However, the little boy inside of him wasn't ready to let his grandma go. Not after having lost his parents last year.
He needed her.
She was the last family he had.

How could he be ready to say Goodbye?

"Oh Jongseongie, I'm sorry" she added, before coughing. "I shouldn't have said it like that."
"I understand" whispered Jay.
"You know I'm not leaving you alone, right?" she asked.

Jay looked to Jungwon next to him. It was true. He wasn't alone. Jungwon had given everything to Jay for the past three years. He had moved across the world, had learnt a new language, had found a job and more importantly, had supported Jay though every horrible day he had had.
They had been living a tough but good and happy  life together.
Two weeks ago, the hospital  had called to let him know that his grandmother's health had been going downhill fast.
Jay knew that he needed to see her before it was too late. He thought he had more time to prepare the trip but unfortunately things hadn't gone that way. After the call he had received the day before, Jay had left everything behind to go see his grandmother one last time.
He was still trying to wrap his head around the fact that this was the end.

"I'm so happy you two have found each other" she added, bringing Jay back to reality. "I was right to follow my guts three years ago."

Jay frowned. Yes, he had met Jungwon through her, but what did her guts had to do with anything?

"Your guts?" asked Jay, looking at her. 
"Who do you think bought that plane ticket for Jungwon to go to the US with you?" she asked, a last sparkle shining in her eyes.

Jay looked at Jungwon, who was blushing.

"She insisted" he whispered, getting closer. "Who was I to say no?"

She started laughing, but it turned into a cough.

"Biology has given me the best grandchild" she said, looking at Jay.

She closed her eyes, loosening the grip on Jay's hands.

"I'm so grateful that life gave me a second one" she whispered to Jungwon, before falling asleep forever.

The End

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

52.5K 2.8K 15
Jungwon is a young vampire that earned his place on Earth. He managed to leave the Shadows and go for his dream of an Idol life on earth. He auditio...
45.2K 2.7K 12
Book 2 of Café EN- series [Complete] Jay wants him to be more than just his Secretary Main ship💛 *JayWon Side ship💚 *Sunki *Heegene ⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠ Boyxbo...
8.5K 506 34
this story was about a student named kim sunoo who faced all the trials that came in his life with his childhood bestfriend niki. but what if a 'guy'...
1.4M 35.8K 74
«You look gorgeous today» «Moonie is talking to the mirror again!!» 3 in #enhypenniki [210513] 52 in #sunghoon [210527] 2 in #enhypenjake [210707] 3...