𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐄 | JJ MAYBANK

By ilovejjmaybankkk

"They say you fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time." Andrea Rutledge and... More

Intro
I. New adventures
II. Surge
III. Routledges
IV. The beginning
V. Boneyard
VI.
VII. discoveries
VIII. insomnia
IX. Message from the grave.
X. anxiety.
XI, dirty cops
XII. mysterious holes.
XIII, Answers.
XIV, family.
XV, Rafe
XVI, bad decisions.
XVIII, the truth.
XIX.
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII *rewrite
XLIV
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
birthday
last day

XVII, New feelings.

1.4K 16 7
By ilovejjmaybankkk

         ━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━
JJ and I ended up at his house and I was bored out of my mind watching him shoot bear cans off a piece of wood.

"Jay!" I shouted but he couldn't hear me because of his sound proof headphones so I took that as a  opportunity to wonder inside.

I used to stay at JJs a lot as a kid especially when JB would get on my nerves. id bike here and JJ and I'd chill in his room, rent movie eat popcorn, that sort of thing. but that all stoped when his dad showed up drunk one night trying to feel me up, it was the last time JJ allowed me over.

I walked around looking at the white faded walls that increasingly got dirtier over the years. there were piles of drugs on the table and a crooked picture frame dangling from an old rusty nail. I squinted my eyes at the picture making out JJ and his Dad on what it seemed like a fishing trip but no sign of his mom. they actually looked happy for once. He never talked about about his mom, ever and it seemed like a touchy subject so I never pushed it.

I explored further walking past the bathroom and into JJs room. It hadn't changed over the years the walls were a light shade of blue and his closet was thrown everywhere along with random things on the floor, I stepped over the Legos on the ground confirming my suspicions that he was secretly that same thirteen year old boy who'd make me build legos with him.

I smile to myself stopping in front of his wooden dresser, My hand grazed over a small box on top of it labeled important shit do not touch. I giggled at the tittle, normally I wouldn't snoop but i was so intriguing I mean nothing ever seemed important to JJ the most it probably was some good edibles. Don't judge me but I was really curious so I brushed my hand over top of it and pulled the small lid off and placing it aside.

When I saw what laid in the box I was stunned, this was even better then edibles. There laying inside  were disposable cameras and pictures of me and the crew stacked on top of each other.  John B and i always kept disposable cameras in our van and over the years we've just had a bunch of old cameras, I guess I never realized he got them printed.

I slowly picked them up turning them over the first picture of JJ, Pope and I. My eyes ran over the two brothers on either side of me, who's arms were wrapped around my waist and the silly expression on there face while.

I smiled softly at the flashback scanning my eyes over the next one. it was Pope, JJ and I sitting on a tree stump with Kie and JB behind us flicking off the camera, that was a fun night, I kept going until I got to the end of the pile and each pictures had a different memory.

I put those down and picked up the camera clicking the first video that popped up, JJs face came into view, he had a chocolate ice cream mustache, "Someone doesn't want to show her face." His voice boomed, my giggle could be heard from behind the camera and then he flips it to me, I had vanilla ice cream dripping down my chin, he swats my hands away and comes besides told me i looked adorable and then the camera clicks off.

I hear a floor panel creak and  I whip my head up meeting JJs eyes, he was leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed. "hey I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snoop I just— well you couldn't hear me and then I got bored so I started to wonder and the box just looked so-" I rabbled and he started to laughed.

"Chill, rea. It's fine." he said walking towards me. The corners of my mouth turned up before looking back down at the laminated images. "I didn't know you kept these." I grinned, he leaned over my shoulder.

"Yeah. They are too important to not." he mumbled, "remember this night? JB got so drunk" he said pointing at one.

"he stumbled into the door." my mouth curved into a smile. "Yeah I do." he brought up his hand under mine moving onto another picture.

This one was of the both of us JJs head peaked  between the crook of my neck with two big, goofy smiles painted on both of our faces.

I starred at it as if I was frozen in time reliving the memory. "I love that one"  He whispering in my right ear. I glance up instantly becoming painfully aware of how close we were and suddenly I felt something when I looked at him,— i different feeling.

"JJ!"

The both of us got startled by the sudden loud voice and, I cleared my throat before talking. "did you hear that?" I asked still in a whisper.

"yeah. I did" he replied moving towards the door, i shook the feeling off my following after him.

"Rea!" I followed the voice outside starring back at Pope from the porch.My eyebrow drew together "What's going on?" I asked.

"They know!" Pope paced, I stepped down from the porch and onto the patch of grass. "Know what?"

"About the Jet skies! they know!" Pope stammered, his pupils were dilated and his hands were pulling at the ends of his hair in clear distress.

"Bro. no they don't" JJ rubbed his forehead stuffing the gun on the table back into his pocket. That didn't seem to ease Pope as he continued to panic, "They know." He emphasized. JJ shook his head "All right, Chill bro. All right? they don't know shit—"

Pope ran a hand over his face.  "Topper knows I sunk his boat." He told us, "How do you know they know?" I questioned plopping down on a wooden stump.

"Because Rafe and Topper posted outside of Heywards and Mad dogged me." He answered stepping in front of us.

"Will you calm down and get a grip man? they don't know shit."JJ huffed.

"They have cameras they could have seen us!" Pope worried. "There was no power Pope there's no way they saw us."

"They don't give scholarships to kids who vengefully sink boats." He paced in circles anxiously. JJ stood up tensed "Enough with the Regret bro! They caved your face in, and look what they did to Rea" Jay exclaimed gently pulling at my chin to show off my cut. Why did just the slightest touch from him make my face hot.

I swallowed hard standing up. "JJs right Pope." I sighed.

"They hit us we hit them it's the law of the jungle." I breathed out.

"Now if any Kooks come up to you and ask if you had anything to do with it, you walk up to em look em right in the eye" he grabbed onto Pope shoulders pointing his finger at him. "Deny Deny deny"

I tore my eyes away from the boys when I felt a low buzz from my back pocket I pulled my phone out to see it was Kie, I answered it putting it too my ear.

When the conversation was finished both boys were looking at me confused. "We'll be there." I told her before hanging up my phone.

"We'll be where?" Pope corked his brow.

I forced myself to smile. "Good news! We're going to the north side!" I say dramatically exaggertive.

  ❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

"We should of never come!" Pope whispered loudly, looking around frantically.

"Bro chillax " I murmured shoving him out of my ear. "We're fine. We just need to act normal."

now that I think about it when Kiara mentioned the movie night on the kooks side I probably should of just said no. Pope rolled his eyes. "Remember the last time we decided to act Natural?" He reminisced.

"Aren't you glad that I made you guys come? " Kie said smiling hard. I don't want to be dramatic but I'd be lying if I said that Pope was kinda right. this place was littered with Kooks which meant the possibility of bumping into Rafe and Topper.

"Ecstatic." I replied sarcastically putting my chair down in front of the big inflatable movie screen.

"Where in the Middle of Kooklandia" JJ whispers to me. My face pulls a worried expression looking around us. "Wanna go get drinks?" Kiara asked abruptly.

I looked back at the boys knowingly. "Sure." We got up from our chairs making our way to the concession stand. "So what's going on between you and JJ?" My memory took my back to JJs house, whatever happened back there.

"what are you taking about? Nothing." I sputtered out. She chuckled. "It's like your oblivious to the way he looks at you."

I laughed gently, "if one more person calls be oblivious I'm gonna—"

"Gonna what?"

I turn my attention to the voice and see Rafe hovering over me with the same look in his eyes as before on figure eight.

I let out a sigh, I had hoped we had longer then that before all hell broke loose.

"We're not speaking of you," I spit bitterly grabbing the drink from the man at the stand. "Let's go Kie."

"Hey, What happened to your lip? Looks bad." He taunted.

I grabbed her arm but she didn't move stuck on What Rafe said, I glared at him over my thick eyelashes. "Yeah, and what happened to your eye?" Matching the level of pettiness.

"Tell your boys I know what you did." He sneered flipping his hat around.

I stepped towards him pointing a finger at his chest, "You touch any of my friends, I swear to God rafe." I grumbled. He left out a soft scoff, "oh no, I wouldn't want to hurt your boyfriend."

"What boys?" my friend wondered. I softy gripped kiara's forearm pulling her away from him, this time making sure she followed. "Come on Kie we're wasting our time.

"You know what he's talking about?" Kiara asked me. I shook my head instantly. "No idea" I mumbled getting back to my seat.

Once I sat down reality settled and I knew we were in deep shit. "They know!" I whispered sharply to JJ. His eyes met mine with the same type of worry, "how?"

"I don't know JJ we didn't really do the best job keeping it under the wraps!"

He huffed. "thought my ski mask was really gonna work this time!" I closed my eyes taking in a deep breath. "JJ." I worried. "what are we gonna do?!"

All I know is Cps and the cops are already on my ass I definitely didn't need this too and on top of that it was my idea that landed us here. Pope and JJ both turn around in there lawn chair spotting the kooks glaring at them. "we're goners"

My stomach did flips and I call JJs name out again in worry. He looks back at me, "No okay, we're gonna be fine. Just lay low." He smiles to me it wasn't too convincing but it settled my worry just a bit.

Kiara looked over to all of us hearing our schemes. "Founding principal of the law, No lying against the Pogous. What is going on" Kiara demanded to know.

JJ smacked his lips. "Nothing. No issue here."
After a quick intense look at all of us Kie went back to looking at the screen and the rest of us tried to relax the best we could. I tried to focus on the movie but everytime JJ would talk to me for some reason I couldn't listen just would stare awkwardly like my tongue was tied or something.

"we're going to take a piss. You girls stay here." He patted my head. Pope and him stood up from the lawn chairs walking behind the blow up movie Screen.

"You know where John B is?" Kiara wondered passing the Popcorn, I shook my head. "he texted me saying he'd be home late but that was it." I shrugged. 

I didn't know what made me do this but my gut told me to look over. My eyes followed to the left side of the screen seeing Rafe and Topper creeping behind Pope and JJ.

"Kiara!"

I could tell her was processing what she was seeing but in a second she grabbed my hand. "Cmon!" She exclaimed, i crouched down behind her running to my friends. By the time we got behind the screen Rafe had JJ in a head lock and Topper was punching him in the stomach and Pope and Kale were tussling in the grass.

I ran up latching myself to his shirt and using all my strength to shove him off. "Let go of him you asshole!"

Rafe groaned, stumbling back and JJ and I met in the middle with our backs pressed against each other's. "You okay?" I panted, he nods, and I stand in front of him and face my attention towards Rafe.

"Before you do this please, please think about what your doing." I tell him. he swiped his thumb over his nose breathing heavily, he makes eye contact with Jj making my stomach twist. "Princess here seems to know me a lot better then what she tells you."

The words flew out of his mouth quicker then either of us processes. I get a glance of Jj, He held my glaze for a few infinite moments and then it happened. What Kie said, Your so obvious to the way he looks at you.

I finally saw it it was just for a second but I did.
then in one swift movement he reeled his fist back and thrown it at my cheek. "JJ!" I exclaim pushing him away from my ex boyfriend.

Rafe chuckled while the blood dripped down his nose and into his mouth, It all happened so quickly JJ was being pinned by two dudes so without a thought I jumped onto Rafe and I must of forgotten how strong he is and how little I was, because seconds later I was thrown in the air.

I don't remember how long I was out, only that when I woke up my head was throbbing. "Ugh!" I groaned,  clenching my skull.

I couldn't hear anything but a blaring in my ears, a face appeared above me that I could barely make outs "Andie?" Rafe.

His tone was softer then before but still he wasn't who I was looking for.

"touch her, I'll kill you !" my vision focused and I saw there eyes and immediately new who was hovering over me.

"Can you hear me?" JJ echoed. I blinked some more at him and I felt his warm hands before placed on each sides of my cold cheeks.

"Fire, fire!" I looked to the the inflatable movie screen watching it go up in flames, Rafe was crouched a very feet away with a frantic expression on his face and Topper was above him grabbing his shoulder.

"Leave her man! We've got to Go!" He yells to his best friend, the brown haired boy rises to his feet and hesitantly follows Topper.

I grunt feeling more and more warmth, I see in the corner of my eye Kie helping Pope up. "Hey, Cmon." JJ says sliding his arm under my waist and he carefully picks me up, I went limp in his hold . "I'm heavy." I croak out.

He chuckles and I feel it in his chest. "Don't worry cupcake, I've got you." That was it. i knew I was safe. That's all I remember before darkness took over my vision.

  ❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 61.9K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
87.7K 793 13
I accidentally summoned a tentacle monster in the middle of the night. He wants to show me why eight arms are better than two. I said yes, and now I...
135K 5.6K 100
a sister who's actions are untamed, and a brother who's feelings are untamed. With complete different personalities, yet an awesome bond, the sibling...