XLVII

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━

The warm sun grazed my soft skin giving me a tan on either side of my cheeks and my legs, I was laying out on my porch with my AirPods in trying to get out of my head. My bed was too enchanting but I was getting better at distracting myself for example musics blasting in my ears and some Vitamin D.

I hummed along to the music but go startled by a finger tapping my shoulder. I swore I jumped out of my skin, hovered over my body and felt myself being sucked back inside. "Holy shit," I gasped. I take in the curly headed girl in front of me. "You scared me Kie." I mumble, scooting up on my lawn chair.

She cracks a shy smile and takes a seat on the edge of my chair. "Sorry. " she murmurs. I take my AirPods out and fidget with them in my lap, "So uh-what are you doing here?" I wonder. I hadn't seen her in awhile but I was happy too, I was meaning to apologize for that day.

She sits in silence for a second before breaking the tension. "I was gonna lie... and say I just wanted to check up on you but i heard something and needed to know if it was true." she admits, my eyes snap up towards the side of her face and my eyebrows cure into confusion but from her expression I knew.

I clear my throat. "Who told you?"

"JJ told Pope and Pope told me," She answers glancing towards me, "so it is true?" Her face twists into concern and I nod slowly not trusting my voice. within seconds she wrapped her arms around me, I stood frozen for a second before melting into her hug, laying my head on her shoulder and for some reason it felt like what I needed she didn't say anything but the silence spoke millions.

I close my eyes and my vision gets clouded with a picture of JJ and I swimming in the beach together, i couldn't watch anymore so I blinked the memory away and drew back.

"Thank you Kie for showing up." I say, she crosses her legs over the chair, now sitting directly in front of me.

"Come on.over the years of are petty arguments you think that one would push me away." She chuckles, and I crack a smile. "I was a huge bitch so I wouldn't of been surprised."

"I won't argue with that."

I arch my brow with a scoff and laugh, back to same old friendship. when our laughter settles down she looks back over to me with a softer expression. "What happened, did he—"

"He didn't do anything." I cut her off. Kie raises her eyebrows confused. "It's all still confusing." I say. I thought back recalling the moments that lead here. "We got into this stupid ass argument I had just been crying missing Bee and then the next day I was going to apologize but he came and broke up with me and if I didn't catch him he was going to do it in with a...letter." I explain with a sigh and tears in my eyes.

"He's such a dick." she mutters, i sniffle back tears. "Did he say anything? Like why he did it?" She asks.

"No, just that I needed to forget about him and he asked me.. If I ever thought this would work?" I said in a questioning tone.