XLV

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━"Hey, Jerry

"Hey, Jerry." I nod my head over to the man behind the liquor store counter.

I had gotten used to the cashier man since I'd been here for days in a row now I learned that he had two kids, no wife tho. She left him from his opposing liquor company— I know right? Such a bitch move. I also learned that I use alcohol to cope with everything.

Do I need to be heavily medicated? Probably but fuck it.

He looks up. "Andie, how are you?" He asks, I look down at the bottle. "uh... it's been three days and JJ still hasn't talked to me and I'm heartbroken...and sad."

After officially making it awkward Jerry pursed his lips and rings my bottle up and then put it into a plastic bag.

I had dragged myself out of bed this morning to get a drink, with everything going on with Kie and JJ I didn't want to see anyone. I did contemplate calling Pope but then I thought about how I keep burdening my friends with my bullshit so I hung up before it even rang.

And just as was going to turn around and head back home for the rest of the day my name was called. 

I jet my eyes around the room and find the source of the high-pitched sound, a short petite blonde standing in front of me. "Taylor?" I raised my eyebrows faking enthusiasm, I did not want to see her right now.

Taylor was a girl I knew back in primary school, we were a lot closer back then but life got to us and we drew apart. She had more going for her. a scholarship for makeup school and a D1 football boyfriend that she's been with for years now, a lot different from my dysfunctional lifestyle.

She grinned, her small diamond tooth gems shining with it. "Hey Andrea, how are you, girl? It's been so long?"

Before I could answer her face fell as if she said something wrong. "Oh shit, I forgot, You're brother. I'm so sorry." She said in a sensitive voice.

It takes everything in me to not cringe. "It's not a problem and thank you." I was slowly dying inside from this conversation.

"Oh my god!" She squeals, my eyes raise and she laughs. "You need to come to the end of the summer party!" She says. I let out a little chuckle, "Umh— I don't know.." I trail off, going to a party seemed to be the worst idea in the world.

"No really Andrea. You should come, you're dressed for it." She exclaims looking over my clothes. She wasn't wrong coincidently I decided to dress nicely today.

I smiled tightly and started to contemplate it, free booze and an escape from reality. "Come on... what's the worst that can happen?"

"You know what? Why not." I agreed, and she grins. "Oh my god, yay!—"

"Taylor! Come on!" A boy behind her hollers. My eyes follow two boys a brunette the size of a linebacker and her boyfriend standing next to each other with a bottle of heny and four other drinks in a bag.