XXVIII

I grin almost salivating over the ham and cheese sandwich I just made and I feel a pair of arms slide above my hips, his back pressed against me and my breath hitched

I grin almost salivating over the ham and cheese sandwich I just made and I feel a pair of arms slide above my hips, his back pressed against me and my breath hitched. "What're you doing blondie?"

He nuzzled his head in the crook of my neck and I smiled, "Checking in on my girl." My girl, would it be cringy to say I think my heart grew ten sizes.

"I like that, My girl."

He hums and I turn in his hold and look down to my hands, ripping my sandwich in two perfect pieces, "one for me. One for you." I smile, I watch his eyes light up as he takes his piece. "Sharing your sandwhich, you must really love me"

I let out an airy laugh from my pursed lips about to give him a wiry reply but I was interrupted by the sound of someone calling my name.

I tilt my head in the direction of the back door and JJ follows, I got outside holding a hand to my face to block the sun from my eyes. "Yeah?"

My friends were awkwardly silent which was weird for us so I look around and my eyes land on a pretty blonde girl sitting on my dingy porch seats. "She's in on it now?" I arch my eyebrow. My brother nods. "Please Andie, tell him this is our things, a Pogue thing!" Kiara speaks up from beside me, I stay silent and she raises her eyebrow at me, "oh your best friends now?"

No matter how much I didn't like the idea of my brother with a kook even more, Sarah fucking Cameron it's who he fell for and honestly I was the last to judge him for that. "No Kie. Never but if John B is happy.. as his sister I just have to deal." I shrug with a half smile.

"Thanks Andie."

She scoffed, "you know, I don't remember taking a vote."

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all this." Pope adds, John B rolls his eyes, "When are you not uncomfortable."

"Thank you!"

"I don't know I rode here on the back of JJs bike pretty comfortable." Pope mumbles, I sit back next to JJ sending him a smile that he reciprocated.

"You know we were all extremely comfortable till you brought her." Kie tilts her head in the direction of Sarah, I glance at JJ with a knowingly look on his face and he side eyed Sarah making me stifle out a laugh.

"Stop taking to me like I'm not here!"

"Then leave." I had a feeling that half of kiaras anger wasn't from just John B, she never told me the real reason she didn't like Sarah, it was just a mutual feeling. My eyes widened watching the situation unfold in front of me, Sarah scoffs slightly. "I told you."