XXV

"REA

"REA.. why don't we get you out of this dress?" JJ whispers to me. I shake my head and glance up, taking my brother's pale hand. "I'm not leaving him."

"The doctor says he should wake up any time soon," Kie said, gently squeezing my shoulder.

"You don't get it. before he left we got into an argument. Okay," I wiped a stranded tear off my cheek. "I'm not leaving," I said for a curtain. After John B has hauled in the ambulance the rest of the night was a blur. The doctor says he has a bruised rib, and a broken arm, he was supposed to wake up soon but nothing yet, and the silence was deafening. I got distracted from my thoughts by a tug on my hand,  my eyes shot up to the blonde boy beside me. "Wait do you see that?" I ask JJ. He hovered over my shoulder analyzing my brother's hand, I waited hopefully for a second and then it moved again.

"I do!" JJ cheered earning the attention of our other friends. "Kie. call the doctor!" pope exclaimed rushing up to the bed, I stay by my brother's side smiling, and waited for him to gain consciousness.

He blinked his eyes rapidly, the bright light in the room was probably making his eye sensitive. "w-where's Andie." He questions, I let out the biggest sigh of relief, "I'm right here John." He tightened his grip on my hand, I stayed silent enjoying the happy tears that flooded my eyes.

The doctor smiled walking to John B.  "How are you feeling Jonathan?" She asked, kindly. She shuffled her shoes around him and stepped on a pedal making his bed slowly sit up. he coughed dryly. "I've felt better doc." I reach over passing him an orange juice, "drink." I nudged, and he gratefully took it from my hands.

"You suffered a bruised rib and broken wrist. We wrapped your wrist up and prescribed pain pills for your ribs."

He nods and slowly takes up all her information. "You kids mind telling me how this happened?" My eyes darted to John B.  "ehm. he slipped," I uttered.

"Slipped?" She crossed her arms. "off what?"

"A tall ledge," I answered. we obviously couldn't tell the topper pushed him because of his jealousy against John B, and either way, it wouldn't have mattered they would never take a Pogues word over kooks.

She glanced between us suspiciously but thankfully didn't question our false story. "how long until I can get out of here?" My brother mutters.

"Um. We checked your scans your all good to go now if you'd like" she replies. "I'd like," he responded, worry washes over me and suddenly I didn't want him to leave. I wanted him better but what if someone happens at home that I can't fix? What if I don't make it back here in time, What then?

"Are you sure you don't wanna stay just one day?" I asked cautiously.  "Rea. I'm fine. really." He said chirpy. I blew air out of my cheeks, "okay then." I said in a hushed tone.

The doctor pulled the clipboard to her body."Alright. I'll give you a second to yourselves." Her smile was gentle and soft, full of kindness and empathy and then she exited the room.