VIII. insomnia

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━

A low grunt escaped my lips as I realized I wouldn't be getting much sleep tonight, I was tossing and turning because my mind wonders at night. I tend to think about things that happened years ago or something that happened hours ago or something that can happen ten years from now, John B used to say my mind was like a hurricane that was filled with beautiful yet terrible thoughts and I couldn't help but agree with him.

I swung my legs over my white comforters etching my toes to the doorway of my bedroom. Taking my cold door nob in my hand and twisting quietly, I didn't prefer the night time, I didn't like darkness that but some fresh air couldn't do wrong maybe it could clear my head.

I stepped out of my room tiptoeing past my brothers door and into the living room. I opened the front door as slow and quick as possible in order to not wake anyone.  my heart almost leaped out of my chest seeing a dark mainly figure sitting on my porch steps. "Who are you!" I whispered in a stern voice as if that was supposed to scare them away.

"Rea, relax it's me" the voice replied in a hush tone. I squinted my eyes until I made out the glint of the metal rings on there fingers immediately knowing who it was.

"JJ? What are you doing here?" I ask softly.

He looked back,  "I couldn't sleep" I dragged me feet sitting beside him. "You walked here? In two am."

He shrugged."Olaf Jammie's?" he laughed quietly.

I corked my eyebrows "Are you making fun of me?"

He chuckled " who wouldn't, your wearing Olaf pajamas" he mumbled trying to hold in his smile. I pushed him gently. "Asshole"

"Why are you out here anyways?" He question's curiously. I looked up to him as he looked down to me. "can't stop thinking, I guess."

"About?"

I took in a sharp breath. "My dad" He leaned in waiting for me to continue. "I want to believe he's out there for my sake and John Bs But it's so hard to when the whole damn world thinks he's dead."

"I just want him to be alive so bad."

I could feel him stare from the side of my face as I looked up at the moon. His smile spread and he whispered, "You know I've never had someone turn missing but if I went missing and knew how hard someone fought for me as much as you do your dad, I'd be the luckiest man alive" he said thoughtfully.
.

I smiled and leaned my head on his shoulder, "when did you become so inspirational?"

"You make it easy"

I smile again and under my head I feel his body shake, "Come on. we should go in your shivering" i  tell him snarfing up, he nods and we both top toe to my bed room quietly. when I got to my room i plopped onto my bed my head almost immediately fell against the pillow, feeling extremely exhausted all the sudden.

He perched at the edge. "I should get to the couch" "Or, you can stay here?" I offer again, weirdly when he slept here the other night that was like the best sleep I've had in a long while, but I wouldn't tell him that it would only boost his ego. 

"Alright but if I feel you tryna feel me up, I'm pushing you off the bed," he jokes sliding in beside me, I snort, "Don't flatter yourself." I tease laying flatly on my back.

   ❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

I was rudely awaken by our chickens going crazy in the barn I grunted and twisted but I was faced with a back making it hard for me to have any space. "JJ!" I grumbled, pushing him slightly, he nudged me back and I shove him again and this time he pushed harder making me go flying backwards.

I was sudddnelty very aware of me falling and tried to reach for my blankets but my finger tips missed and I went crashing down on the floor. "Fuck!" I grumbled, landing on my butt.

I heard Jj yawn awake, he simply looked over to me. "What are you doing on the floor?"

"What am I don't on the floor? You pushed me!" I grumbled glaring at him, he laughed. "My bad." I let out a grunt, standing up to my feet and climbing over it him and slapping him with the stuffed wale.

He let out a loud laugh, "Okay—okay. I'm sorry," he sputtered out, and when I woudnt stop he grabbed my hips and started to tickle me, "No!" I shouted, falling over, he leaned over me and tickled my ribs, I was about to kick him in the shins if he didn't stop ticking me when my alarm went off.

"Wait! Wait—" that stopped him and he looked down at me confused, "It's 10:00!" I exclaimed sliding out of the bed.

"so?"

"... so you need to get out before my brother comes in" I grabbed his arm and dragged him out my bed. "Your hiding me? Thought I was worth more then that" he pouted.

"I'm not hiding you— just not showing you." I say innocently.

"we just slept" JJ says. "You really wanna try and explain to JB why his best friend and little sister slept in the same room?"

He starred at me, "your right" To make matters worse a knock sounded from my door. We both went silent frozen in place. "Rea?"

JJ started to pace around my room. "I'm dead. I'm actually dead." He whispered in distress. I walked to him pressing a hand to his mouth telling him to shush.

"Yes?" I called back.

"open the door" he demanded, leaving no room to argue.

"Okay." I replied. "one sec!" I grabbed JJs arm pulling him behind the door. "Be quite don't make any noise." I whisper, I turned grabbing the nod with a shaky hand and pulling it open only half way.

"Wassup" I asked, He looked past me into my room. "morning.." he said suspiciously. "Was there someone in your room?" He questioned.

"Pfft. Whattttt no. Of course not" I chuckled anxiously. "I was just on the phone with Kie" I lied.

"Okay. get dressed me you and JJ are gonna go talk to Mrs. Lana." He told me.

"Wait. Scooter grubs wife?" My nose scrunched.

"yea maybe she knows something about the compass"

"all right. ima get dressed." I told him, slamming the door before he could reply. "I'll be out in ten!" I could hear him hum before walking away.

"next time I'll just go out the window."I rolled my eyes. "There won't be a next time." I said firmly grabbing his hand and pulling him to my window.

"Sure about that?" He quizzed. "yes I'm sure, now go." I told him, he slid his leg out, and jumped out. He tumbled in the dirt for a second before falling into a roll, he then shot up standing straight up making me burst into laughter. "See ya cupcake" he called, saluting me.