XXII

━━━━━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━━━━━

It was the next day and like every year we were helping Mr. Hayward package food for the midsummers this afternoon.  I was quietly packing when out of the corner of my eye I see JJ trying to eat a Shish kebab. "JJ!" I call out pulling it from his greedy hands.

He groaned. "But I'm hungry!" Kiaras laughs, "When is Andie not correcting you."

"it's like having a child." We got interrupted by a door slamming, I turn my head to the commotion and see Mr. Hayward coming out the back. "Eh, Pope. There someone here to see ya," he announced, and treading closely behind was shoupe.

"Evening officer," Pope dropped the package giving shoupe his full attention I slowly stopped filling the bags and came to stand beside him.

"I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property." Mr.Hayward's face dropped looking towards his son for answers, "what?"

I gulped looking at John B knowingly, and The deputy stepped towards Pope. "Put your hands where I can see 'em," he told him, Shoupe grabbed Pope by his wrists pulling them roughly by his back and slapping on handcuffs to his wrists. "You're arresting him!" Kie questioned. The room became very chaotic very quickly, Questions were being thrown around while the deputy kept giving short and nonchalant answers. "Shoupe, are you listening? What is going on!" Hayward exclaimed.

I ran behind the boy as the deputy read him his rights, I could see the sheer panic on everyone's face, especially Pope. out of all of us, he was the last person who deserved to get arrested, I had to do something I couldn't let him go down for an idea I had.

"It wasn't him!" I shouted, stopping everyone in their tracks, they all got quiet staring at me. Pope turned as well but as I was going to continue a voice interjected. "She's right! Because it was me." I twist around facing JJ with a shocked expression, "JJ, it was me-" I say to deny his allegations.

"Stop. okay! You guys tried to talk me out of it but I didn't listen," he walked towards me.

He leans down into my ear and whispers "you've got too much to lose."

"I can't let you take the blame." I insisted. He looks back to the cop.   "I'm only telling the truth." He says.

The deputy looked to Pope then at me eating for us to confirm, "Don't be a hero." JJ mouthed.

I sigh. "That about covers it," I said looking away. Next thing I know Pope's cuffs were taken off and placed on JJ, despite JJ knowing the consequences of the arrest he sent me a devilish smile as Shoupe shoved him into the cop car.

"Don't worry cupcake. I'll be out before you know it" he shouts my way. I shake my head but couldn't help but smile, "dumbass." I mumble with adoration.

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

CURRENTLY,
I was in Kiara's room the two of us were getting ready for midsummer together but my mind was somewhere else.

"Kiara I can't go!" I grumbled.

"yes you can and you will." She assured me standing behind me and zipping up my dress. I gave her an unsure look, and she moved to my side brushing my hot curls off my shoulder. I was waiting for encouraging words, but instead, I felt a breeze in the air. I look at her through the reflection and trail my eyes to see John B in the wooden doorway, he was wearing a black suit, and his hair was pushed back to make him look more presentable but still, the two small pieces in the front hung over his eyes just like usual.