Seraphim Princess

By DeltaLamdat

After dying in her previous life Melissa Wargrave is chosen by Solomon as a "King Candidate" and reincarnated... More

Bio
Chapter One - Daughter of Gabriel
Chapter Two - King Candidate
Chapter Three - Laziness Interrupted
Chapter Four - Confrontation of Geniuses
Chapter Five - Parent in the Shadows
Chapter Six - Sparring Show
Chapter Seven - One Eyed King
Chapter Eight - Cliche Thugs?
Chapter Nine - Sis Cross Kiss
Chapter Ten - It's Always The Church
Chapter 11 - Church Battle
Chapter 12 - Reginleif Stands!
Chapter 13 - Sleeping Avalon
Chapter 14 - Cadre Princess
Chapter 15 - Mysterious Plan
Chapter 16 - Kamilaphobia
Chapter 18 - Invasion of the Cadre Princess
Chapter 19 - Unfinished Battle
Chapter 20 - Waking Avalon
Chapter 21 - Two Months Later
Chapter 22 - Engagement and Misfortune
Chapter 23 - Mission Start
Chapter 24 - Confrontation with Strays
Chapter 25 - Insurmountable Odds
Chapter 26 - Dark Souls PvP?
Chapter 27 - Unfortunate Anticlimax?
Chapter 28 - Resolution of Strays
Chapter 29 - Unneeded Apology
Chapter 30 - Drive of Misfortune
Chapter 31 - Calm Before Storm
Chapter 32 - Devolos Academy
Chapter 33 - Envy Tinge
Chapter 34 - Cherry Blossom Teacher
Chapter 35 - Castle Game
Chapter 36 - Alliances and Boldness
Chapter 37 - Extras Begone!
Chapter 38 - Prepared Pressure
Chapter 39 - Za Warudo
Chapter 40 - Serpent's Fear
Chapter 41 - Successor Flame
Chapter 42 - Logic vs Instinct
Chapter 43 - Battle Aftermath
Chapter 44 - Pouting Times
Chapter 45 - Delusional Romance?
Chapter 46 - Stalkerish Misunderstanding
Chapter 47 - Vampire Hunt
Chapter 48 - Angelic Intervention
Chapter 49 - Forbidden Lust
Chapter 50 - Next Path
Chapter 51 - Devil Contract
Chapter 52 - Succubus or Na?
Chapter 53 - Evil Spirit Madness
Chapter 54 - Praise Tosca
Chapter 55 - Vampire Talks
Chapter 56 - Chuunibyou Saint?
Chapter 57 - Test of Aunt
Chapter 58 - Motivated Now
Chapter 59 - Strategic Retreat
Chapter 60 - Stalling All Father
Chapter 61 - A New Weapon
Chapter 62 - Conflict of Pride
Chapter 63 - Escalation of Conflict
Chapter 64 - New Training
Chapter 65 - Hunting Angel
Chapter 66 - Defeat of Angel

Chapter 17 - Kidnapping Angel

1.2K 47 2
By DeltaLamdat

Cebrail was napping outside in the sun with animals all around her, from squirrels, to birds. They were snuggling up next to her, watching her, and even presenting her with gifts as if she were an idol. Still despite being animals they were very careful not to wake her. Anyone seeing the scene might think Cebrail was an actual goddess however she was simply an Angel.

Such a peaceful scene was never meant to last unfortunately as all of the animals which were squeaking and chirping previously stopped at once and all of their heads turned almost mechanically towards Cebrail.

Soon one small squirrel spoke to her in a man's voice. "Well, well, well, sleeping on the job again huh Melissa Wargrave~"

Cebrail's eyes shot open instantly and her body would have shot up as well if it weren't for the fact that she found herself frozen in place as if she were in a state of sleep paralysis.

"...Solomon..." Cebrail said with a rare tinge of anger in her voice.

"Friendly as usual Melissa Wargrave." Solomon joked but gained no response besides a glare from Cebrail.

"What do you want fool?" Cebrail questioned aggressively.

"I just wanted to check in on you Melissa Wargrave, and perhaps commend you for your amazingly rational kidnapping of Rias Gremory!"

"Why do you keep saying my whole name? Stop that you freak."

"I just do it because I know it annoys you Melissa Wargrave~" Solomon teased, the squirrel went up to Cebrail's face and patted it casually.

"Why don't you use that supposed wisdom God gave you for something more worthwhile than making fun of a little girl trying to take a nap." Cebrail responded dryly with her eyebrow twitching in annoyance.

"In any case I can see that I'm not welcome." The squirrel paused like the rest of the animals and a bird landed lightly on Cebrail's head looking down on her. "Though since you want me to use my precious wisdom so much, how about I give you a warning? Melissa Wargrave never loses... unless her opponent is fate..."

"What...?" Cebrail was confused by the mans words, perhaps because she didn't have very many particularly important memories yet she really didn't know what Solomon meant at all.

"I'm simply saying. While you may view that ring as a curse, you should look at it with more hope Melissa Wargrave."

"How ridiculous. I spent my whole past life fighting and now you've sentenced me to the same fate in this life. You really are a fool if you expect me to put my faith in your childish game." Cebrail was laughing bitterly at Solomon's words. She just wanted to rest in this life enjoying the comforts of the world.

"How foolish of me. I forget Melissa Wargrave, you're still just a child. Completely powerless~"

Upon being called "powerless" an inexplicable irritation filled Cebrial's heart and an angry tick mark appeared on her forehead. "You-"

"It's ironic that you act like you want to embrace hedonism when you haven't stopped helping people. You're just being the same as you were in your last life~"

"Solomon!"

"Heed my words Melissa Wargrave, since I'd like to see you later~" With his foreboding farewell the bird flew away and all of the other animals which had gathered began running off.

"Cebrail!" A voice called out from behind her.

Sitting but Cebrail found that it was Sona Sitri with a plate holding a slice of chocolate cake on it.

"Oh did I scare away all of the animals?"

"It's fine. Is there something you need Sona? More money perhaps?" Cebrail questions but Sona shakes her head before kneeling down next to the Angel while presenting the cake.

"Oh, looks like you finished your baking. Good for you Sona."

"It took me a few tries but I managed to make a whole cake!" Sona proudly stated with her chest puffed out and presented Cebrail with the slice of cake once again.

(Ah it's no wonder she needed so much money. She must have tried pretty hard to get it right.) Cebrail thought taking the slice of cake along with a fork handed to her. Taking a bite out of the cake she chewed and swallowed with no reaction at all really.

Sona looked at her with expecting eyes that glittered with a certain childish need for approval that one wouldn't commonly see from the ever strict and professional seeming Sona Sitri. Seeing these eyes Cebrail really felt a bit weak so though the girl put in so much sugar that even Cebrail could taste it she simply responded with a thanks.

Her words seemed to make Sona extremely happy as a wide girlish smile spread itself across her face and she watched with glee as Cebrail finished it without a single complaint.

In truth Sona was beginning to doubt her baking skills when she first met Cebrail as not the servants of the Sitri household nor her parents would so much as touch her sweets. So even though Cebrail didn't really compliment her outright she was just happy having someone acknowledge her work besides her older sister.

"So is there anything that needs to be changed?" Sona asked curiously.

"It's too sweet, tone down the chocolate and sugar." Cebrail responded honestly. Cebrail's favorite snack was raw sugar so if even she felt it was too sweet it meant that it would give anyone that tried it diabetes after a single slice.

"Got it!"

Cebrail nodding finished the cake without another word before standing up.

"You're going somewhere?"

"It seems that Rias Gremory has woken up." Cebrail stated simply as she turned to leave with Sona following closely after her.

When Rias Gremory woke up she immediately noticed that she wasn't in her normal bedroom. The bedroom was smaller and was very... plain. Simply white wallpaper and white sheets.

"W-Where am I?" She mumbled to herself before shivering as she thought of the camels she had seen previously. "Maybe this is some kind of medical ward?"

She dismissed the thought almost interestingly. There was no chance that the place she was in wasn't a bedroom there wasn't even a hint of medical supplies either.

Standing out of bed she found the floor to be horribly unfamiliar as well and panic began welling up inside of herself and her eyes darted around in panic.

A window. First she'd figure out where she is using the window then she could try escaping.

Upon reaching the window however she saw something extraordinarily strange. Her friend, the ever sarcastic Sona Sitri who didn't smile for much of anything, was smiling childishly at a white haired girl as the two sat and talked in the grass. The white haired girl was even eating one of Sona's cakes! Rias thought that perhaps she was seeing things, however for just a brief moment the white haired girl's eyes looked at Rias before returning to Sona.

After a few more words and a finished slice of cake the two girls stood up from the grass and began walking back towards the house.

(They're coming back inside? Haven't we been kidnapped? Why are they coming inside when they could have escaped?) Rias was beyond confused as she thought that simply escaping through the window might not be enough.

(There's a Tv in here too? At least our kidnappers know how to treat the heiress to the famed Gremory household.)

"Yo."

"Eeekkk!" Rias jumped upon hearing a voice right behind her come from the doorway. Turning around she found Cebrail standing with Sona and let out a sigh of relief.

"Sona! and..."

"Oh ah, this is Cebrail Caritas. She's a friend of mine." Sona introduced her only for Cebrail to step in as Rias was going to speak again.

"I'm also the one that kidnapped you." Cebrail states flat out like ripping off an old bandaid.

"What???"

"I kidnapped you."

"Why?!? Aren't you supposed to be Sona's friend?"

"Of course we're friends. What does that have to do with kidnapping you?" Cebrail seemed genuinely confused by how these two things correlated making Rias look to Sona with an exasperated expression. Sona simply shook her head slightly as if to say that she shouldn't continue on the subject.

"Well, whatever. Since you're Sona's friend, if you let me go this instant I'll graciously just pass all of this off as just a little prank that meant no harm." Rias said, crossing her arms and holding her head up proudly but she got no response from Cebrail who instead just stared at her with an unreadable expression. "You do know who I am right? Rias Gremory the heiress to the Gremory household! If you don't release me-"

"Yeah I know you. You're also the little sister to Sirzechs Lucifer."

Rias' eye visibly twitched in irritation, she hated being known for being the little sister to Sirzechs. She was always compared to him no matter where she went in Devil society, always in her genius older brother's shadow.

"So that's why you kidnapped me? Because I'm Sirzechs' little sister?" Rias questioned bitterly, she'd make this white haired devil pay for this insult.

"Indeed I need him to destroy something for me using his Power of Destruction." Cebrail explained without taking any note of Rias' tone of voice.

"If it's the Power of Destruction you need I have it as well! I can do whatever it is you need!"

"Pfft-" Cebrail hearing Rias' words much to Sona's surprise actually almost laughed, causing Rias' face to flush with embarrassment.

"W-What's so funny!"

"Rias Gremory. You're weak~" Cebrail's tone had changed to a slightly mocking yet humorous sound as she said it, very much unlike herself. He dismissed Rias almost as quickly as she would dismiss things she passed by in a car. To her it was clear Rias wasn't much more than bait to draw out someone she actually thought of as useful and Rias knew this almost instinctively.

However when she made to say something else a sudden explosion shook the house forcing the three girls to turn their attention away from the subject.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 1.6K 15
High School DxD: Bullet Hell DxD (OP Reimu Trap Reader x Harem) You, the protagonist. After having been killed, you were sent to another world. This...
254K 2.7K 23
Kouh academy was now a cou'ed school , many boys were transfered including a young man with a unique presence that no supernatural creature could i...
63.4K 1.4K 37
A boy who has dealt with too much trouble his whole life found himself a bad situation. What began as a struggle and stressing out. Then it became wh...
4.6K 59 9
Y/N L/N, one of the most popular female students at Kouh, finds her girlfriend cheating on her. Unable to withstand the harsh words afterward, she ru...