First Marriage, Second Love.

By Karnavi55

[Arranged Marriage Series-3] It is their first marriage. Can they be each other's second love? Saira is both... More

0.5. Characters.
1. Parth Malhotra.
2. Saira Chopra.
3. Welcome Home.
4. Meeting The Malhotra.
5. Cute Demands.
6. Marriage Proposal.
7. Expectations.
8. Simple Smile.
9. Distractions.
10. In A Dilemma.
11. Pre-Wedding Fun-I.
12. Pre-Wedding Fun-II.
13. Funny Wedding.
14. Funny Wedding-II.
15. Way Too Serious.
16. Way Too Funny.
17. Revenge Time.
18. Sleep Deprived.
19. Truth To Be Told.
20. Let's Be Friends.
21. Challenging Friends.
23. LOL.
24. First Day.
25. Flirting Around.
26. Green Monster.
27. Warning Kiss.
28. Stammer King.
29. Suspicions.
30. First Date Calamities.
31. Not Without A Fight.
32. Courting Me?!
33. Warning Away.
34. Right Choices.
35. My Saira...
36. Missed Intimacy.
37. A Day With Father.
38. Rain Check.
39. New Life.
40. Looking Forward.
41. A Good Life.
42. Restlessness.
43. Eagerness.
44. Dreadful Moment.
45. Rest Of Life.
46. Punishments.
47. Homecoming.
48. Happy Ending.
49. Epilogue-I.
50. Epilogue-II.
51. Epilogue-III.
Author's Note.

22. Cautious Friend.

3.4K 328 5
By Karnavi55

***Parth's POV.***

"It would be so boring." I say as I see Saira pack our stuff in a bag.

"No, it would be more relaxing. We have been running from one adventure to another for the past five days, and I didn't say a word." She says and I raise my brow. "Okay, maybe a few protests here and there, but I still complied. I let you decide what we should do. But now it is my turn and I say we enjoy a day on the sea in the yacht I rented and laze around a little. What do you say?"

"Fine. I think I overdid it." I say as I roll my neck.

"That you did. Yesterday, for a second, I thought, maybe I should admit you to a hospital." She says with a smile.

"Haha! Not funny." I say.

"I know that. Also, we are going to get a massage in the evening. How cool would that be?" She asks.

"Really?" I ask with a frown.

"Come on, Parth. It would be good for the sore muscles, which I have a lot because of you." She says.

"But, Saira, we did nothing." I say teasingly, pointing at bed.

"Of course not. Because of two reasons." She teases me back.

"And what were they?" I ask.

"First, we are friends and second, you were too exhausted to do anything." She says with a wide smile.

"Still not funny." I say.

"I know. Catch." She says and throws the duffle bag at me and I catch it, "If you are not going to relax, at least let me do it. Please, Parth, I really need this day. Because you don't know how busy I will get once I join my work."

"I get it and I promise you, I will not disturb your relaxing day at any cost. In fact, I will guard it with my life." I say, putting my hand on my heart.

"Thank you." She says.

I open the door for her, and she goes out. Talking with Saira is getting easier than I thought. She is a friend now, not just for formality, but because we have been through some adventures. It was easier to connect with her, as she would open up more after an exhausting day. It was my way to bond with her. So we won't be nervous around each other anymore.

But today I have to back up a little and let her enjoy her vacation in her own way. Maybe I should take a pleasant break too.

"This looks good." I say when I see a small yacht.

"Told you so." She says and we meet the captain.

He shows us around and Saira makes sure the arrangements are made perfectly, especially related to our safety. Then we hang on the railing as it sails. The weather is really nice today, not so hot and not so cold. Perfect for sailing and taking a seat and a nap on it. Just like me.

We were in the middle of nowhere, and Saira was sleeping soundly on a sunbed. I was feeling bored, so I decided to take a dip in the water. After talking with the captain, I get changed and swim near the yacht, going not far as I don't want to be eaten so soon.

I was swimming away peacefully when my stomach growled loudly, which means I needed to eat. So I swim back towards the stairs when it happens. My leg gets cramp and my eyes widen in shock. I am very close, so I try to swim towards it, but the more I try, the more pain I feel. I call out for help in the end.

"What happened, Parth?" Saira asks me as she sees over the railing.

"I got a cramp and can't swim back." I say.

"Of course you can't. Because you have been torturing your body non-stop. I ask for one thing. One thing. To take a day off from any adventure. But no. You have to end up doing something. And you can't even keep a promise. Now I have to get wet because of you." She says as she wears a life jacket and takes out the tube.

"Why don't you call the captain or some helper?" I ask.

"They are having lunch, and why should they save you at all?" She asks, or more like scolds me, then puts her hand on her waist, "Why should I actually?"

"Because I am your friend." I say.

"More reason to let you drown." She says.

"Then because I am your husband." I say.

"My father would gift me a palace if I let you drown." She says.

"Then maybe for my family." I say.

"They will thank me too." She says.

"Please, Saira. Save me." I plead.

"Look here and say it." She says, pointing at the camera.

"What? When did you get that?" I ask.

"Just say it." She says.

"Please, Saira. Save me." I say.

"Beg some more." She says.

"Are you a sadist?" I ask, and she turns to leave.

"Okay. Okay. Please, Saira, I beg you to save me. Please. I will do anything you ask of me." I say.

"Good. I have you on record, so you won't go back on your words." She says and jumps into the sea with the tube.

She swims towards me and puts the tube over my head, then drags my sorry ass back to the deck. After helping me on the boat, when I fell on the back; she looked down at me and sighs.

"Lie down here for a few minutes while I go talk to the captain to take us back. Now you really need a massage and a doctor." She says.

"Aren't you the one?" I asked.

"I am. But you can't afford me, especially not now." She says.

"Please." I say, holding her hand and she looks up at the sky.

"Stretch your leg first." She says and sits down.

I do as she says for the next few seconds. She even massages my calf, then asks me to walk around a little to stretch it more.

"How do you feel?" She asks.

"I am well now." I say.

"Good. I need to get changed while you will now let the captain know about our change of plans. Then you will rest and have a massage session in our room only while I will enjoy the rest of the day alone." She says and goes inside.

I do as she says for the whole day. But later that evening, I joined her for dinner in the nearby tent, where people are dancing and taking turns to sing. When I see her in the corner sipping her drink and sighing as she looks at the people around, I feel a bit weird.

She looks beautiful, like from one of those girls in 90s spy movies and before I know it someone sees that and approaches her. She smiles politely and maybe refuses the guy, but instead of going away, the guy takes the seat and asks for a drink. By the looks on Saira's face, I think she is close to punching, but she can't as she is a doctor.

So I try to become the savior and put my hand on her shoulder and say, "Here you are."

She looks up and sighs in relief while that man asks, "Hey, man. We are in the middle of something. Find someone else."

"Why should I when I have my wife right here?" I ask the man, and his eyes widen.

"I didn't know." He says.

"Even after I said and showed my ring. Just leave already." Saira says, and the guy flees away.

"Well, that was fun." I say.

"What are you doing here?" She asks.

"I was feeling fine, so I thought about giving my friend some company." I say.

"I didn't ask for it." She says.

"But it looked like it." I say. She sighs and looks at the floor. "Look, I am sorry for this afternoon. I was getting bored and thought of swimming a little and in the end, that spoiled your mood. This vacation wasn't all about me, but you, too. And I feel guilty that you got so little time to relax."

"You don't need to apologize. I wasn't upset with you at all. Actually, the vacation was fun." She says sincerely.

"Really. So you aren't angry that I am here with you right now." I ask.

"The thing is... I was feeling a bit lonely and when I saw you, I was relieved." She says.

"Well, thank you." I say with a smile, and she smiles back.

"Will you like you to dance with me?" She asks, "Only if you can."

"I definitely can." I say and get up and give her my hand, "Let's go."

We sway to the soft song, and I twirl her around. She was shy and so was I, but maybe we both tried to be good friends and enjoy the moment for each other's sake. It is getting easier to be with her as a friend. She is cautious and calm, which I need in life. Maybe to keep me alive.

Midway through our dance, I got another cramp and without giving me a hard time, Saira took me back to the hotel and took real good care of me as a doctor and as a friend. I just hope things between us stay well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.2K 4.1K 54
"I was on a goddamn vacation in this God-forsaken place. I never meant to get engaged to you. I never meant any of this to happen. You. Me. Us. None...
318K 23.2K 53
0. Summary. [Arranged Marriage Series-2] She is his second wife. Can she be his second love? Ramya Kaur is an outgoing and charming girl or that's wh...
4.2M 147K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...