Edge of Chaos | Dad's best fr...

By ESjean

After almost losing her father, twenty year old Mya Harrelson decides to move back home to be closer to her f... More

Author's Note *please read*
Playlist
CHARACTERS
One | MYA
Two | Mya
Three | Deacon
Four | Deacon
Five | MYA
Six | DEACON
Seven | Deacon
Eight | MYA
Ten | Deacon
Eleven | MYA
Twelve | Mya
Thirteen | Deacon
Fourteen | Mya *smut*
Fifteen | Deacon
Sixteen| MYA
Seventeen | Deacon
Eighteen | Mya
Nineteen | Deacon
Twenty | MYA
Twenty-One | Mya
Twenty-Two | Deacon
Twenty-Three | Mya
Twenty-Four | Mya
Twenty-Five | Deacon
Twenty-Six | Deacon
Twenty-Seven | MYA
Twenty-Eight| DEACON + MYA
Twenty-Nine| Deacon
Thirty| MYA
Thirty-One | Mya
Epilogue | MYA
Edge of Sanity | Characters
Edge of Sanity | Tan | One
Edge of Sanity | Layla | Two
Edge of Sanity | Layla | Three
Edge of Sanity | Tan | Four
Edge of Sanity | Layla | Five
Edge of Sanity | Tan | Six
Edge of Sanity | Layla | Seven
Edge of Sanity | Tan | Eight
Edge of Sanity | Tan | Nine
Edge of Sanity | Layla | Ten
Edge of Sanity | Tan | Eleven
Edge of Sanity | Layla| Twelve
Edge of Sanity | Tan | Thirteen
Edge of Sanity | Layla | Fourteen
Edge of Sanity | Layla | Fifteen
Edge of Sanity | Tan | Sixteen

Nine | Mya

6K 204 35
By ESjean

I purse my lips together as I apply the last coat of lip gloss to my lips to complete the look. My hair is lose waves and I added extensions to make it longer, loving how it cascades mid stomach.

I take a step back and admire myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a two piece gold shimmering set. Nothing was left the imagination tonight. Only my nipples were covered by the frills of the top which I was giving a lot of faith to not pop tonight. And the frills on the skirt covered the tan shorts underneath which gave the illusion that there was nothing there but bare skin. It was risky for sure, but Taylor did tell me to wear something sexy...

I match it with a pair of gold high heels and opt for no jewelry since the outfit was eye catching enough. Once Taylor tells me she's around the corner, I collect my phone and gold clutch and make my way downstairs.

Deacon hasn't talked to me much since he dropped Lilah off at Annie's mother's house for the weekend. I'm not really sure what I did, but I was suddenly glad to be leaving the house for the night. Hopefully whatever crawled up his ass would be out of him by tomorrow morning.

Even though I don't need his permission and he's been snappy at me all day, my manners prevail I stop by the living room to tell him I'm leaving and where I'm going; my dad always told me to make sure at least one person knows where I am in case of an emergency.

I find Deacon sitting on the couch reading the book that's on his lap. He looks up at the sound of my heels clicking against the tile floor and I notice the flash of surprise in his eyes at my appearance but he quickly banks it away.

"Hey, Taylor and Conor are about to pick me up. We're going out dancing." I tell him.

"You look wow." Deacon says, sounding breathless.

"Really? Thank you." My stupid heart starts beating ridiculously fast at his compliment.

"What club are you guys going to?"

"Not sure. Whatever club Taylor decides to go to." I tell him.

"I can pick you guys up if you're too drunk to drive later." Deacon offers.

"Oh, no that's fine. I won't be drinking too much. Besides, I'm spending the night out." I remind him. My phone lights up with an "outside" text from Connor and I start to turn to head for the door. "They're here. I'll see you tomorrow Deacon."

"You're not spending the night out." Deacon tells me and I look back to see that he stood up from his seat.

"Uh, it kinda sounded like you're trying to tell me what to do and if I remember correctly I'm off the clock so you don't get that privilege." I say to him.

"You're not spending the night out." He ignores me, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yes, I am." I frown at him, then continue to walk towards the front door.

"Mya, I'm serious." His footsteps let me know he's following me.

"Me too." I tell him. "You're not my dad and I really need you to stop acting it."

"You better come home tonight Mya." Deacon orders.

"We'll see." I twist the knob, opening the door and let myself out.

Taylor starts howling and and Connor and his brother start whistling when they see me. I blush, shimmy my hips jokingly which earns me more whistles and words of encouragement before I reach the car.

"Damn Mya, you look hot!" Taylor exclaims the second I jump into the backseat.

"Thank you! So do you!"

Tonight Taylor curled his light brown hair and was wearing a sexy green dress with the sides cut out.

"I know." She giggles. "You ready to get wild tonight?"

"Let's go!"

"Hell yeah!" Taylor squeal before she steps on the gas and we fly off.

"You look so fucking sexy tonight." Conor whispers in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"Thank you. I was hoping you'd like it." I reply, smiling when he kisses below my ear. I turn my head, giving him more access and Conor's lips are suddenly at my neck, kissing and teasing.

Tonight was going to be a good night.

***

The room is spinning. There's two of everyone and I can't seem to find my balance. I look around the club, the blue light is overwhelming and the music doesn't make any sense.

I'm drunk.

But I can't be. I only had one drink and half of another one. I left my drink with Connor when Taylor pulled me onto the dance floor when her favorite song came on and when I returned, I thanked Conor for holding my cup and I finished my margarita.

Did he put something in my drink?

I look back at Conor who leans against a wall talking to his brother, a red solo cup in his hand. He turns his head and our eyes lock and instead of looking concerned, he looks expectant, like he knows how I'm feeling and he knows exactly why.

Oh my God. He did put something in my drink!

I loosen my grip on my cellphone and frantically hold down my thumb print until my phone unlocks.

"Mya!" I hear him call my name, but I keep walking, trying to put as much distance between us as possible as fast as possible.

I tap the name of the last person I called on my phone, secretly praying that they picked up.

"Come on, come on." I mutter, trying to walk without bumping into anyone.

"Hello?"

"Deacon!"

"Mya? What's wrong?"

"I need help." I tell him.

"Where are you? What happened?" Deacon asks instantly.

"I'm at the nightclub Nuisance. I-I think Conor put something in my drink." I look back to see Conor coming my way. "I don't feel good Deacon." I panic.

"Mya listen to me. I need you to get somewhere safe. A bathroom. Somewhere you can lock the door." Deacon instructs.

"I-I was with Taylor but I can't find her anywhere." I tell him, pushing my way through the crowd. A few people look at me weirdly but no one stopped to ask me if I was okay.

I look back to see Conor striding towards me with purpose. The flirty, easy going guy I've been talking to was gone and in his place was someone I didn't know. Someone I was scared of.

"Deacon, he's coming!" I lean against one of the walls that leads to the bathroom, trying to slow my heartbeat down.

"I'll be right there."

He's getting closer.

I push myself off the wall and ignore the line of girls waiting and walk into the bathroom, thankful that Conor doesn't follow me inside.

"Help." I beg, my voice coming out in a whisper and shaky. The girls look at me like I'm some kid who can't hold her liquor and walk out the room.

I try each stall until finally one of them is empty and I lock it behind me before sliding down to the ground, unable to keep myself upwards anymore and dark boots on the other side of the stall is the last thing I see before everything goes black.

_____

Oh snap. I hope Mya's okay!

If you want to know what happens next, leave a comment below!

Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 27.9K 54
14 years ago two year old Violet King was kidnapped from her family sending them spiralling as they search the world for her. Present day Violet "Si...
39 0 16
He's loved by many but hated by more. Jane Adams is the daughter of one of the most well known and hated businessmen in the world - Jack Adams. He's...
10.7K 348 50
He has a heart of stone... but for her he's burn the world. Kieran Diaz has thought about one thing since he was seven years old: killing the man who...
37K 937 29
Malia's mom was a hard working woman, Sierra had raised her daughter with the help of her family. Malia's father was never in the picture and she did...