University of the dead//BTS

By NARQUIZIN_X

"You need to kill me before I turn into one of them" "I hope you won't forget that decision" "GET AWAY FROM H... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1- Vaccine
Chapter 3- Monster
Chapter 4- Safe for now
Chapter 5- Suspicious
Chapter 6- Unexpected
Chapter 7- Suspected (?)
Chapter 8- Accusations
Chapter 9- Twists and turns
Chapter 10- Arrested
Chapter 11- Alibi
Chapter 12- Propose?
Chapter 13- Secrets
Chapter 14- Is it possible?
Chapter 15- A new lab
Chapter 16- The journal
Chapter 17- The plan
Chapter 18- In danger
Chapter 19- Confession
Chapter 20- Chaos
Chapter 21- The rebirth catalyst
Chapter 22- No escape
Chapter 23- Not giving up
Chapter 24- Safe?
Chapter 25- The truth
Chapter 26- Confrontation
Chapter 27- Fire
Chapter 28- The end...?
Epilogue

Chapter 2- I can't

45 5 1
By NARQUIZIN_X

*IN THE HALLWAY*

Y/N- Thinking about this hurts my head.

???- Thinking about what?

That voice almost makes me jump out of my skin.

Y/N- Jeez, Jungkook! What are you doing sneaking behind me?

Jungkook- I was going on a tackle-hug but you seemed worried about something.

Y/N- It's nothing. Well it is something, but it's not important.

Jungkook- Tell me. I'm  your best buddy right?

He is a good friend...but we're not in the same field. How could he understand?

Y/N- I doomed a rat, and I fell like a failure.

Jungkook- That sounds, horrible. I'm so sorry you feel that way. 

Y/N- Thanks Jungkook. I'm sorry I'm such a pathetic whiner.

Jungkook- You're not pathetic, you just need to vent.

Jungkook wraps his arm around my shoulder in a friendly way.

Jungkook- Now, tell me about this rat.

Y/N- So you know what I've been working on these days, right?

Jungkook- Of course. A vaccine against the Angello virus. How's that going? Any progress?

Y/N- No, and it's frustrating. People are dying out there, and I...

Jungkook- You feel like if you we're better, smarter, more competent, you could prevent everything.

He does understand.

Jungkook- You can't. Literally every scientist we have is in some way associated with the research and this virus came out of nowhere, and not even Dr. Angello himself knows exactly what it is. 

Even if your cure worked on you're rats tomorrow, it would still be some time before tests on human subjects are allowed and then some time till it reaches the market.

Y/N- You're right. I can't give up. Thanks Jungkook.

Jungkook- No need to thank me. I'm glad I could help!

Y/N- You're such a good friend.

Jungkook grins, beaming at my words.

Y/N- That's not all though. My colleagues hate me.

Jungkook- It might have something to do with your heritage.

Y/n- My heritage? But I was born in poverty. I had to work very hard to get to where I am!

Jungkook- Well, your studies and your work here are funded by the state right? Maybe they feel like it's not fair. That you had that sort of luxury.

Y/N- That's ridiculous. The only reason that happened is that I studied hard and sacrificed everything. So that I wouldn't let anyone down.

Jungkook- I know that, but they don't.

Y/N- It makes me so angry. I don't deserve to be treated like that.

I allow myself to get too emotional over something too ridiculous. He must think I'm self-centered.

Jungkook- You're right. You're the kindest person I know. You definitely dont deserve that.

I don't deserve a good friend either.

Jungkook- Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you go to the gym with me?

Y/N- Are you serious?

Jungkook- Come on, it could help you with your stress levels. I could show you soem moves and you could take your anger our on a punching bag.

Y/N- That sounds tempting, okay.

Jungkook- Alright! I'm in desperate need of some exercise.

Y/N- All you do is exercise Jungkook.

Jungkook- That's not true. Unlike you guys, we still have classes and are expected to study for exams.

Y/N- Sure, whatever you say buddy.

*AT THE GYM*

There's only a few people in the gym when we arrive. Jungkook shows me around and convinces me to start some light exercise before moving on to more difficult things.

Y/N- Ouch. I had no idea, my muscles could hurt in so many ways.

Jungkook- It's because you don't use them right. You sit at your little desk all day and night. It's no wonder your muscles hurt.

Y/N- I'm doing important work, you know.

Jungkook- That doesn't mean you shouldn't take care of yourself. Come on. You got this.

An eternity later which was half an hour in reality, Jungkook lets me take a break.

Y/N- I'm going to need a shower. And a change of clothes.

Jungkook- Well, there's a changing room with showers but I doubt you'd find something to wear.

Y/N- That's alright, I keep an extra outfit in my backpack for emergencies.

Jungkook- Why does not surprise me at all? *laughing*

What does he mean by that?

Y/N- Do you think that's weird?

Jungkook-  A little yeah. Don't you crave for adventure? Don't you wish you were thrown into a situation where you're up against the whole world and you have to think as you go?

Y/N- Excuse me, but I live like that everyday trying to find a cure for this goddamn virus.

Jungkook- I didn't think of it like that.

Y/N- Half the time, I had no idea what I'm doing. For all I know, I could be making things worse! All I need is a little security in my life.

Jungkook- SO, preparing every little thing outside your lad gives you that sense of security?

Y/N-...It does sound boring doesn't it?

Jungkook- N O, I get it. Exercise gives me security. It's my routine.

Y/N- For you it's a passion. For me, it's more about controlling the situation.

Jungkook- Do you have any passions? Y/n- You're asking me that now, having known me for two years?

Jungkook- Well, hey we've never talked about something like that. It's always about classes or work or stuff. So what's your passion?

Y/N- My work obviously. Aside from that... I love video games and cooking.

Jungkook- Really? I never would have thought you like videogames.

Y/N- I grew up with this neighbor, Taehyung and we used to play together a lot back in the day.

Jungkook- How about the cooking? How come you never invited me for lunch?

Y/N- What? You never told me you wanted to be invited! Besides, I barely have time to cook these days.

Jungkook- Uh-huh, uh-huh. I get it, so how come you like cooking?

Y/n- Taehyung, my neighbor also taught me. He's a little older so he was babysitting me sometimes.

Jungkook- You're full of surprises, and yet you hate them. I discover new things about you all the time.

Y/N- Maybe you just don't know me as well as you think you do. Nut I'm glad I can still entertain you.

Jungkook- Well, my class is starting soon...and you should probably get back to your research.

Y/n- Right... this was a lot of fun. Even if I'm so out of shape, I think I'll have sore muscles for a few days.

Jungkook- I'm happy you sya that. Feelings of anger all spent and gone?

Y/n- Definitely. Thank you so much.

Jungkook- I'll mark it as a success, in that case! Let's do this again soon. I'll see you around.

Y/N- Bye!

No matter what happens, Jungkook never fails to instill new confidence in me. It's no wonder, he's always been the leader in any activity he chose.

Y/N- I guess I should go back to my desk

Time passes...

An unpleasant surprise waits me at my desk. Someone left a corpse of a rat for me to find.

Y/N- Who would do something like this?

Well at least they were courteous enough to put a waste bag over my papers first. *Sigh*. I think I'll work late tonight. At least I'll have some peace.

Time passes by the time I finally lift my head from my research. It's already 2am.

Y/N- I'm probably going to have to wake the doorman up again, won't I?

*CLANG*

What was that?

Y/N- Hello?

...Maybe it's someone working late like me. 

*CLANG*

This one was closer.

Y/N- Is anybody there?...Who--

???- Someone please help me!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!

Y/N- What the hell?!

A cold shiver sends me flying from my chair. I ran out of the lab, trying to figure out where the voice came from.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 495 29
[REPUBLISHED] "He's bitten, what do we do?" "Kill him," It was only Nine months ago when all hell broke loose. A dangerous virus had engulfed the wor...
3.1K 206 18
He's gullible and naive, easy to deceived He's once a water conqueror, now water is his conqueror He's too sweet, too kind for this world He's an alc...
11.8K 1.4K 34
"If you ask me who on this campus is most likely to commit murder, I'd have only one person in mind." "And who would that be?" "You." Kim Miran has t...
86.7K 2.5K 27
{COMPLETED} "No matter how many times you try kitten, you can't escape me." He said, kneeling down in front of me. "Why are you doing this to me?" I...