The Awakened One, Book 1: Rem...

By Nentai96

Earth is an incredibly peaceful and beautiful World home to the amazingly intelligent Humans that live upon i... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Armageddon
Chapter 2: Battle Of Wills
Chapter 3: Hell On Earth
Chapter 4: Awakening
Chapter 5: Awakened One
The Public Service Announcement
Chapter 6: The Queen of The Amazon
Chapter 7: Vampire May Cry
|^{PSA II}^|
|X!-Status-!X|
Chapter 8: A New World
Chapter 9: A New Companion
(A/N): III
Chapter 10: A Chance Encounter
Chapter 11: Lovers
*!Status!* II
(A/N): IV
Chapter 12: Vale
Chapter 13: A Night in Vale
(A/N): V
Chapter 14: Rest and Relaxation
Chapter 15: Training Begins
Chapter 16: A Mysterious Figure
Chapter 17: Scars
(A/N): VI
*!Status!* III
Chapter 18: Glynda Goodwitch
Chapter 19: Ice Queen
Chapter 20: Ozma
(A/N): VII
Chapter 21: Thief in The Night
Chapter 22: The Reaper
Chapter 23: The Xiong Family
(A/N): VIII
Chapter 24: A Woman's Curse
Chapter 25: Spiders
Chapter 26: Foundation
(A/N): IX
Chapter 27: The Disciplinarian
Chapter 28: Jacques Schnee
*!Status!* IV
Chapter 29: Despair
*!Status!* V
(A/N): X
Chapter 30: Thicker Than Blood
Chapter 31: Taking Out The Trash
Chapter 32: Red Like Roses
(A/N): XI
Chapter 33: I Burn
Chapter 34: The Demon Clan
Chapter 35: Preparing For Victory
(A/N): XII
Chapter 36: Conquering Vale's Underworld
Chapter 37: Aftermath
Chapter 38: A Newer Companion
(A/N): XIII
Chapter 39: Mirror Mirror
Chapter 40: Who am I?
Chapter 41: A Fateful Meeting
(A/N): XIV
Chapter 42: At Last
Chapter 43: The White Fang
Chapter 44: Forever Fall Forest
(A/N): XV
Chapter 45: From Shadows
Chapter 46: To Light
Chapter 47: The Snake And The Tiger
(A/N): XVI
Chapter 48: Fairy Tales
Chapter 49: Moving Forward
Chapter 50: Towards The End
(A/N): XVII
Chapter 51: Of The Beginning
Chapter 52: The Summer Tournament
Chapter 53: Finalists
Chapter 54: Finale
Chapter 55: Finished
Chapter 56: Finally
Public Service Announcement
Chapter 57: Initiation
Chapter 58: Act 2
Chapter 60: Alpha Megoliath
Chapter 61: Power Leveling
Chapter 62: Total Recall
Chapter 63: System Update
Chapter 64: Divided
Chapter 65: Upside
Chapter 66: Downturn
Chapter 67: The Meeting
Chapter 68: Vacuo
Chapter 69: Tribes of The Desert
Chapter 70: The Desert Kreeps
Chapter 71: The Desert Walkers
Chapter 72: Desert Faunus Alliance
|X!-Status-!X|
Chapter 73: Disappearance
Chapter 74: Unfortunate Circumstance
Chapter 75: The Mysterious Hunter
Chapter 76: Desperate Invaders
Chapter 77: To Protect
Chapter 78: Running Out Of Time
Chapter 79: Mistake Driven Turmoil
| Where TF Have I Been? |
Awakened Organization: Closure {A Loving Summary}

Chapter 59: Knight Ceremony

425 16 19
By Nentai96

"Hey man, what happened to you out there? Seems like you passed out on us" (Y/N) said as he approached the Blonde. Jaune was sitting in the corner of the Airship, head down, hands crossed on his knees, all by his lonesome, appearing to be in deep thought about something.

He lifted his head slightly to look at the man who was speaking to him but returned his eyes to the ground after noticing who it was. "Nothing happened. I mean clearly nothing fucking happened, I passed out." (Y/N) sat down next to the blonde, sitting in a similar position as the man, putting his eyes to the ground and his crossing his hands over his knees like the man.

"Why'd that happen? I thought you were prepared to become a Huntsman and an S-Rank one at that. Seems a little more than odd that you'd pass out after seeing a simple Ursa." Knowing how Jaune was in the original Rwby brought a tinge of dislike to his heart when speaking to him. 

Jaune was a useless, comedic relief, Sokka wannabe that wanted to be strong without working for it, and he was at least partially responsible for Pyrrha's death that made him hate him even more, but he managed to hold back his dislike for the blonde so he could gauge what he was like in Remnant.

Instead of continuing his depressed expression, Jaune looked up at the man with a bit of anger on his face, "what are you over here for? Don't fucking patronize me. I already know that I fucked up, I know that I'm weak as shit, I know that I'm useless, I know all of that shit. I don't need you to remind me, I do it enough myself!" The more he spoke the louder he got until he eventually blurted out the last statement at a volume where everyone in the ship heard it as well, drawing their attention to the duo that was speaking with one another. 

Seeing everyone's eyes turn back to him, Jaune sunk back into his shell, his former angered bravado leaving in mere seconds, and his head returned to the ground. "If you just want to laugh at me, can you please do it from a far? I don't want to hear it. It only makes my life worse." 

Seeing how Jaune reacted to his question, the animosity in (Y/N)'s mind quickly left, and he couldn't help but feel a bit of pity for the slumping man, but his face was vacant of such emotion as he responded.

"I'm not here to laugh at you, bully you, or whatever else you think I might be here for. I honestly don't give a damn about you. However, you are Pyrrha's partner, and I love Pyrrha, so therefore I feel like I need to make sure you don't fuck her over by dragging her down with you." 

After hearing that (Y/N) didn't care much for him at all and didn't expect him to become anything, for some reason, it brought a small smile to his lips and the thought brought him a bit of comfort. "So, if your so useless and you know it, then why are you here? Or more confusingly, how are you here?"

Jaune exhaled a large amount of air before turning to face (Y/N), "if I do tell you do you promise not to snitch on me? Well, not that it really matters since I'll probably be getting kicked out soon enough anyway."

"I aint no snitch so I'll here you out. I promise I won't tell anyone else as long as you tell me everything and keep that shit 100% truthful. I'll even tell you this in good faith. If you don't get your shit together soon, and I mean really soon, you will definitely be getting kicked out of Beacon or at least de-ranked all the way down to the bottom."

The blonde seemed to chuckle a bit at the idea, "yeah, I figured as much. Alright, I'll tell you what happened, but I'll keep it kinda brief since I doubt you want to hear the specifics." (Y/N) nodded at the idea and gave Jaune the floor to speak. 

"Basically, at home I wasn't really worth much at least in comparison to any of my siblings. I'm the youngest out of eight siblings and I also only have sisters so its just me and seven other girls. My sisters are really strong and outgoing, pretty much just everything that I'm not." 

"I don't really know why but my parents kinda just expected a lot from me in pretty much everything that I did, so every time I did anything I was just compared to any of my sisters. It was always 'oh, you know Emm would've gotten an A on that test' or 'Sauyrha can unload the whole truck in one go', you know shit like that." 

"So, I guess I kinda just got irritated with it and decided to do something that none of my Sisters ever attempted to do, which was becoming a Huntsman. When I told my mom and dad that I wanted to become a Huntsman they were extremely happy about it and they told me about our family history of being great Huntsman, and they also gave me this" he said as he motioned to his sheathed sword.

"It's apparently one of my ancestors weapons that they used during the great war, and it was the gift that they gave me when I saddled up to go to Signal Academy. But by the time I entered the school I was already 18 and had zero training, so when I arrived, I got my ass handed to me all day, every day for an entire year." 

"I wanted to go back home but I was afraid that my parents would be disappointed in me again, but I also didn't want to go through the embarrassment of being a 19-year-old student getting his ass beat constantly by people half a decade younger than me, so I asked a favor of one of the staff members that my parents told me to go to if I ever needed anything at all." 

"I still don't really know why but I think it might be a family debt that he owed, either way when I asked him if he could somehow get me into Beacon, he got irritated but still obliged my request. However, when we were forging the transcripts and he asked me what Rank I wanted to get into, I guess I got a little bit carried away with delusions of grandeur, because when he asked me, I said S-Rank."

He took a light pause before continuing, "looking back on it I didn't think he would do it, but when I got that message on my Scroll with the admission letter attached, I got so happy. Honestly it was probably the happiest day of my life. I told my parents, and they were ecstatic, they told my sisters, and they were even happier for me, so everyone in the family came home for the summer to celebrate my admission." 

"At this point I was still so high on the admission that I dismissed the fact that I didn't earn any of this, and I just enjoyed the part and the sendoff that I received from my family. Once I got here, I finally came down for a bit and I finally thought about the fact that I wasn't supposed to be here, but I dismissed it again and figured that it'd be different this time, somehow. You should pretty much know the rest I think."

The two of them sat in silence for a moment before (Y/N) said, "was the Ursa the first time you ever fought a Grimm?"

The depression seemed to hit him even harder than before as he sunk deeper into his seat, "yup it was. When I saw it, I froze, I was scarred shitless honestly, and then when I saw that girl decapitate it in a single slice it dawned on me how outclassed I really am here. I kinda just passed out after that." They sat in silence for a bit longer as Jaune tried to find the words to express what he was feeling. 

"I'm sorry for... you know... putting your girl in danger or whatever. I never really thought about how my actions could mess with anyone else. Thanks for listening to me, I think I feel a little bit better about everything now." 

"I'm just gonna drop out, go home and tell my family that everything was a farce, and figure my life out from there. I know they'll be disappointed in me but that's better than the alternative of me getting someone killed because I'm not who I say I am." 

Jaune motioned to stand up, but he was quickly sat back down by (Y/N) putting his arm overtop his chest. "What?"

"It would probably be best for you to simply drop especially since you didn't even realize what being a Huntsman was until a few hours ago, but I still think you may have some use as a Huntsman."

"What are you talking about? I'm weak as hell."

"I know that, but you still have a lot of excess Aura that could definitely get put to use, and you have an unusually high defensive ability. Plus, your Semblance is extremely combat oriented, very supportive, and it would be a waste for you to go back home when you have abilities that can be used to help save lives." 

"Don't get me wrong, you are still incredibly weak, but the thing is you don't have to stay this way. The road won't be easy by any means, and you'll have to bust your ass at least 10 times as hard as anyone else, but I think you'll be more than capable of becoming an excellent Huntsman, probably stronger than any of your forefathers." 

"But that's a choice you have to make for yourself. Are you willing to work hard for what you want? Or are you gonna stay the same entitled piece of shit you were when you entered the Emerald Forest? Let me know if you ever decide." Without taking a single glance at Jaune, (Y/N) walked away, leaving the blonde alone with his thoughts for the duration of the rest of the flight.

For (Y/N), the rest of the flight was spent, for the most part, in silence as he retreated inwardly to take a closer look at all of the items that he acquired from achieving the Level 100 Milestone, and the thing that he found most interesting was the Avatar Crystals. 

(Y/N) honestly forgot about its existence since the only other time it was mentioned was at the very beginning of his Awakening when he originally got his kill quest rewards. 

After talking with Meta about it neither of them gained any ground on what the Avatar Crystals were useful for or any details on what the Avatar System Mechanic was, so he allowed that information to be filed into the back of his mind for a later date. 

The other two interesting items that he received were the System Points and Skill Points, both of them were things that he acquired on Awakening, and this was also the first time he had gotten more of them since then. 

(Y/N) quickly deduced that these 'System Items' were much rarer to acquire than any others. Moving on to the rest of his items, he appreciated the growth points that he got from the System and decided to store them for a moment before he figured out what stats to apply them too.

After the Airship landed once more, they were slowly ushered out of the ship, given a quick congratulations from the staff members that were outside of the ship, and from there they slowly walked back to the Amphitheater. 

Once inside, pair by pair, they all handed off the Relics that they got from the Abandoned Temple to the Headmaster and proceeded to stand atop the large stage as they waited for the Professor and Headmaster to assign the teams. 

As they waited, slowly but surely, numerous amounts of civilians and students entered into the large building, taking their seats to view the knighting of these teams. With a large Scroll Tablet in hand, Glynda softly spoke, "When your names are called, please step forward. Each of you will be assigned to a team based upon the partnership that you formed, and Relic you acquired, in the Emerald Forest earlier today."

After a moment of waiting, Headmaster Ozpin returned back to the stage with his usual coffee mug and staff in each hand, and it was with a smile that he began to announce the teams for this years incoming class of S-Rankers. 

The first five teams that he announced were students that weren't present during the massive horde of Grimm that attacked the Temple, and (Y/N) noticed that Daisy wasn't present in any of them. 

That fact all but confirmed his thoughts on the woman not having any stake in actually becoming a student at Beacon, but what he found to be extraordinarily puzzling about the entire situation was what exactly the woman's goal was. 

Unfortunately, he didn't have any immediate answers and he would need to find her in order to question her any further. "Shit, I knew I should've just sent the clone to follow her" he thought, mentally slapping himself for the slip up. 

However, he still felt as though she would appear again at some point which would give him an opportunity to 'speak' with her, although it would more than likely turn out to be an interrogation.

(Y/N) was then ejected from his thoughts as Ozpin spoke up saying, "Pyrrha Nikos, Lie Ren, Nora Valkyrie, and Jaune Arc." As he finished announcing the names, each of them walked through the crowd of their peers and stood at center stage, directly in front of the Professor and the Headmaster. 

"You four managed to recover the White Rook Relics, and because of this you all will form the team PRNJ with Pyrrha Nikos as your team leader (Team Pranjah, pronounced Prana, aka the J is silent). Congratulations on your achievements, I am sure that you all will work well together as Teammates." 

Applause soon followed after the announcement like students walking across the stage at graduation day, and during the applause, instead of handing the students a diploma, the Headmaster gave the groups team leader both of their matching Chess pieces before dismissing them for the next team to appear.

The Awakened One watched Jaune with a keen eye as he received a place on Pyrrha's Huntsman Team, and the expression that he saw across the blondes face was a mix of regret and pride. "Next up, Melanie Malachite, Byakko Celest, Lilith Serpentine, and Miltia Malachite. Through your pairs you have chosen the Black Knight Relics, and so you have become Team BLMM with Byakko as your team leader, (Team Bloomm)."

Melanie and Miltia shared a quick hug in joy and turned to the two Faunus with a joyful expression that seemed to say, 'glad to be workin with you!' The snake and tiger returned the look with much softer and graceful expressions before Ozpin handed the Black Knights back to the team leader. 

As the White Tiger Faunus received her teams Relics in her paws, the newly formed team then retreated off the large stage, huddling back into the crowd of students, and staying close by one another as they were now a Team. 

"Neopolitan Ice-Cream, Neyah Panthera, Nix Panthera, and (Y/N) (L/N)." As their names were called, they all stepped forward onto the stage, entering the limelight with Glynda's smirking eyes peering into them. "The Relics that you all received were the Black and White Queens, therefore you all will become Team (First letter of your name)NNN with (Y/N) as your teams leader." 

"You all have done exceptionally well in proving your strengths as future Huntsman of this Academy and eventually Remnant as a whole." A very loud applause immediately ensued followed with a few 'go queen!', 'I love you Huntress!', and 'Neo you're so adorable!' as the group received their Team.

A/N- I know its kinda hard to picture your name in here, but I tried to make it at least a little bit easier with their being so many fucking N's in the name lmao. If your curious, mine is NNNN aka Team 4N, pronounced Foreign. From now on if I ever have to refer to your team name it'll be (T/N).

After accepting the two Queen Relics from the Headmaster that had a light smile upon his lips, a sudden noise bombarded his mind as the System began notifying him of yet another change.

Quest 'Huntsman Of Remnant' Complete!

*Quest Rewards*: +5,000 {+2,500} Exp | Accessory 'Black Queen Relic'| Accessory 'White Queen Relic' |Title 'Leader of Team (T/N)'|

Leader of Team (T/N)- You are now the leader of a group of powerful Huntsman, and because if this it is your responsibility to lead your Team into a prosperous future; +3 Growth Ability Points

'Black Queen Relic'- A ebony Chess piece that you received upon completing your Initiation. This Relic defines your ability to overcome powerful odds and become a person worthy of becoming a Huntsman; +20 STR, +20 INT, +20 END

'White Queen Relic'- A ebony Chess piece that you received upon completing your Initiation. This Relic defines your ability to overcome powerful odds and become a person worthy of becoming a Huntsman; +20 STR, +20 INT, +20 END

"More Growth Rate boosters, nice! That should bring me up to eight, so I'll be able to dramatically increase my strength whenever necessary." As he traveled back to the line with his new Teammates, he rolled the Queen's around his hands, thinking, "these things kinda suck as accessories.

"I mean, it's not like I can equipped anymore anyway, but these increases are pretty bad when comparing them to pretty much any other equipment I've seen, besides Jaune's I guess." Seeing as the accessories were practically useless for him, (Y/N) began spending the rest of his time thinking through a few uses for the items before the final group was called up to receive their Teams.

"Last, but definitely not least," the Headmaster began, "Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, and Yang Xiao Long." Once the four women stepped forward, putting themselves in front of their class, Ruby bounced excitedly up and down as she waited for the announcement she already knew was coming. "Together you all gathered the pair of White Knight Relics making you all Team Rwby with Ruby Rose as your team leader."

"Yay!!!" Before the crowd could even begin clapping, Ruby shouted in joy, bringing an awkward silence that rang throughout the stadium for a moment, but the silence didn't last much longer as the crowd watched the girl happily prance in place at her achievement. 

The red hooded girl's excitement was infectious, and soon sour faces turned to smiles and silence turned to applause as the crowd cheered happily for Ruby and her achievement.

"I would like to congratulate you all on making it thus far. This year's Initiation was by no means a cake walk for most of you, and I know that you all have put your best foot forward in becoming the greatest Huntsman you can be. Even if you do not believe yourself to be powerful now, know that you have the potential to become amazing later, because as I said before, this is not the end it is just the beginning!" 

After the Headmaster's quick words of empowerment, the crowd of civilians erupted in applause once more, praising the Headmaster and his Students off stage, and bringing the successful ceremony to a close. 

The S-Rank students backstage were then introduced to Scarlet, who suddenly made her appearance, and with the help of the lead Professor, she led all of the new students to their new Team rooms in the Hope Building, as well as assigning them Private Training room to battle in.

The rest of the day was spent like an orientation, giving them information about their upcoming schedules, letting them get acquainted to their new rooms, and thoroughly meeting their Teammates as well. 

The official dorm rooms were pretty much the same as the Temp Room, although they were a bit larger, had more windows, personal desks, chairs, and dressers for each of the four Team members, and a massively increased bathroom space. 

Once the large group of lovers met back up after exploring their rooms, a sudden issue was brought to light by Pyrrha, "how exactly are we expected to sleep with one another?"

"That's a good point Pyrrha." Blake said as she came around the corner of the hallway with Wiess, Ruby, and Yang at her back. "I guess we're just not gonna be able to since some of us weren't lucky enough to get roomed with Bel" she spoke sarcastically, jokingly side eying the twin Faunus and the adorable Neo.

"Like, maybe we could all just, like, find one room that's really close together and stay in that?"

"Yeah, something like how we did before during the Summer Tournament!"

"I don't believe that would be very functional," Nix began, "it was already compact enough when we all had the single large beds. The beds in these dorm rooms are much smaller than the ones in those Temp rooms to offer more room space for us students. Also, I highly doubt that we'll all be able to fit on four combined twin sized mattresses."

"So what? Are we splitting it up again? Using my Prince's clone to even everything up and making sure we're not too compacted together."

"That's a no go for me" (Y/N) said, bringing the women's eyes onto him. "Sorry but break times over, I got shit I need to do if I'm gonna be able to prepare for all the stuff that's gonna be happening soon. I can't really free the slaves, stop Beacon's destruction, find Yang's mom, meet Cinder Fall, and be strong enough to stop the invasion of Animus if I'm spending eight to ten hours a night sleeping."

"As much as I'd like to, the most I can do is leave the Clone, but even then, there may be some nights that he'll need to put in some work to." Once he explained all the things that he needed to accomplish a quick haze of sadness went across the women's eyes, but they did understand the purpose of everything needed to do and they knew that it was a necessary evil for their world to become a better place.

"So, what the fuck are we gonna do about the rooms" Neyah said, cutting through the tension with her sharp words.

At that moment Ruby's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree as a bright light bulb went off in her mind. "Ooh, I have an Idea!"

"What is it, Rubes?"

"Ok, so, why don't we take everyone's bed out of their rooms' and turn one room into one massive bed! We could probably just take all the mattresses off and make a room full of beds! Call it the Bedroom!"

"That's not a bad idea Rubes! Then we could just move all the other dressers and desks and stuff to someone else's room that close by! Just like my sister to come up with such an innovative idea" Yang explained as she gave her sister a massive hug followed by a vigorous noogy. 

After a bit of thought and discussion they decided to say, 'fuck it, why not' and began the process of transforming Team (T/N)'s room into a literal bedroom, taking everyone's mattress from their original room and putting it into his. 

However, Pyrrha asked permission from her teammates first, understanding the importance of comradery in Huntsman teams and thinking that her not sharing the same bedroom space with them may cause a rift between the team. Luckily, she had nothing to worry about since Ren and Nora agreed immediately and Jaune said that he didn't mind either way. 

While (Y/N) was helping Pyrrha move her stuff out her room, Jaune took a moment to pull him aside and ask if they could talk in private whenever he had a chance, and (Y/N) swiftly agreed to the meeting, saying that he'd meet up with him whenever they finished remodeling.

The remodeling process was fairly simple and straightforward, the idea was to turn one room into one specific for sleeping, have another for clothing and what-not, and keep the last one open for desks and study space. 

Since Team (T/N)'s room was directly next to Team BLMM's room, they made those the two central rooms for the bedroom and dress-room respectively, while having RWBY's room, that was around the corner, converted into the room for the desks and the broken-down bedframes. 

Once they were finished, (Y/N)'s room was pretty much just a pad of floor mattresses with various different colored comforters over top the entire mass bed. The bathroom still contained most of the toiletries from each of the groups and Ruby had added some flare by adding various posters to the walls, but other than that the room was just entirely floor mattresses. 

Once they finished up, a bunch of the lovers leaped onto floor and began rolling around the various connected mattress, talking about how comfy the entire thing was. "How come it feels like we ended up with way more beds than I originally thought we would?"

"I can't say that I know for sure Babe, but it seems like this has been a resounding success. All of us and plus some would easily be able to sleep in here!"

"You are right Nix, but I can't help but feel slightly annoyed at the inconvenience that comes with having to exit into the hallway and enter into another room just to get dressed in the morning" Weiss added.

"Well, at least the other dorm room is located directly next door to this one Weiss" Byakko exclaimed.

"I guess your right" the princess replied, plopping onto the mass of beds as she relaxed into the soft mattresses. However, as Weiss plopped down, another head perked up, and Neyah looked inquisitively at the tiger Faunus.

"Hey Byakko, you said that the dressing room was right next to this one?"

"Yup, that is exactly what I mentioned Neyah."

"Wait, where exactly?"

At the question, Byakko pointed towards the wall nearest to the dorm's door, "the room should be directly on the other side of that wall there."

"Ohhhhh" she exclaimed as she came to a sudden understanding. The fierce Faunus woman then hopped up from the mattress and leisurely walked to the wall that Byakko pointed to, much to the nervousness of her twin. 

After putting her hand to the wall and knocking a few times, Neyah muttered lightly under her breath, "it's hard."

"Wait Sist-" before Nix could get the words out Neyah reeled her fist back and slammed it into the wall, sending her hardened fist through to the other-side with a loud thud, but not crumbling the entire wall nor creating a hole nearly big enough for anyone to walk through.

With her fist still through the wall, Neyah turned around and said, "Hmm, what'd you say Sis?"

Nix face palmed lightly as she replied, "never mind."

Shrugging her shoulders, Neyah then began removing her fist from the hole in the wall, and once she finished, she through into the other side. "You were damn right Byakko! The dresser room is on the other side!" That comment got everyone's attention but none more than Yang as she stopped from wrestling the Malachites and her sister to leap over and check out what Neyah was doing.

"What the fuck are you doing?" the fiery woman asked as she looked through the hole in the wall that Neyah created.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I'm making a fuckin door."

"Oh. Can I help?"

"Sure, go ahead"

"Wait!" As Yang prepared to slam her fist against the wall, she was quickly stopped by a voice that she always listened to, turning to face the man with a bit of confusion. "Do not accidentally, or purposefully, destroy the entire wall." 

"Just try and keep the entire damage to a minimum and make sure you clean up after yourselves. And if Glynda asks then I had no idea you were about to start recklessly slamming your fists repeatedly into the wall to create a door. Also, I blame Weiss for this happening."

"Ok/ Aight."

"Hey!"

(Y/N) chuckled slightly at the Schnee's reaction, "I'm just joking Princess, but I'm not joking about the wall so try to keep the noise down. I'm gonna go talk to Jaune for a minute so I'll be back in a little bit, just call me if you need me. There's no way Ozpin's gonna be cool with this level of property damage, shit neither will Glynda, but fuck it."

 With that said, a chorus of goodbyes followed by the slamming of a fist against the wall ensued, and he walked leisurely across the hall to knock on PRNJ's dorm door. It only took a moment for Jaune to open up, "Yo, you wanted to talk?"

"Uhm, yeah. Do you think we could go somewhere else? You know, private?"

"Sure, we can hit up the Private Training Room, it's not too far away." With a quick head nod, Jaune went back into the room, said a quick goodbye to Nora and Ren, who he seemed to be getting a long well with, grabbed his sword, and walked with (Y/N) to the training room. 

On the way there, they talked a little bit about how Jaune was fairing with his teammates, his general feelings surrounding the academy and professor's that they met throughout the day, and a bit about how he felt finally becoming an official Huntsman in training. 

However, they weren't able to talk much as they quickly reached the entrance to the room, and with the swipe of the Scroll they entered the room. "So, what's up" (Y/N) asked as they entered the room. "You figure out whether or not you wanna work to be a Huntsman?"

After pacing around the room for a moment, Jaune stopped in his tracks and turned to the much stronger man, "Yeah, I figured out what I want to do." With a determined look upon his face, the blonde stared into he powerful eyes of the Awakened One and exclaimed, "I'm tired of being weak. I'm tired of feeling worthless. I'm tired of shitting on myself every chance I get because I've been a piece of shit and a burden to everyone around me! I want to become strong!" 

"And right now, I really want to put the effort in to become strong! I really want to earn it!" The more he spoke, the louder he became, and once he finished the first portion of his exclamation beads of tears were beginning to form in the corner of his eyes. 

"But I know I can't do it on my own, and I really don't have anyone else to ask. So, can you please help me become stronger? I promise I'll do whatever it takes. I don't mind getting my ass kicked from wall to wall if it means that I won't be useless anymore" he said with a light chuckle. 

"If you really think that I have the potential to become something better than I am now, I'd be ridiculously happy if you could somehow turn me into that version of myself."

(Y/N) simply stayed quiet for a while, looking at the man before him, trying to figure out whether or not he was being genuine, or possibly if this was just a simple spur of the moment decision and he would go back to being a lazy ass after shit got hard. 

"Would you be willing to call your family right now and tell them you're a fraud? Would you do that in order to become stronger?" Jaune's determined gaze faded slightly and confliction quickly made its way into his mind. He could no longer meet (Y/N)'s eyes with his own, his skin became slick with sweat, and his breath labored slightly. 

The man asked the question for a simple reason, trying to learn whether or not Jaune was putting all this effort in to legitimately better himself or if he was just trying to save face in front of his family. By the reaction that Jaune was giving him, it definitely seemed to be the latter, but soon his wavering gaze reassured itself, he wiped the glistening sweat from his skin, and he called his breath.

It took him a moment but soon he looked (Y/N) back in his eyes and said, "Yes I would."

"Aight bet, let's get started then."

Jaune's eyes widened, and his breath got hitched in his throat. "Really?! That's it?"

"Yeah, that's it."

"Your not gonna make me do it? Cause I swear I will!"

"I don't doubt that you will. Just hurry up and pull your sword so we can get started."

"Wait, but what if I just lied to you?"

"Did you?"

"I mean, no obviously not, but how would you even know?"

"Jaune, shut the fuck up and pull your weapon or I'm going back to my room to enjoy the company of beautiful woman!"

"Alright, alright, my bad" he said as he pulled his sword from its sheath, turning the sheath into a shield at the same time. "So, what should I do first?"

Tacking a look at his stance, or more lack thereof, and extreme lack of stats in general, (Y/N) began running through the things he could begin teaching Jaune, "The first thing that you need to know about is your strengths and weaknesses in combat, and what skills your body and abilities are most suited for. Feel free to stop me whenever anything doesn't make sense, I'll happily take the time to explain anything you need help with, alright?"

"Yup!"

"Good. For starters, let me tell you that your Semblance is a support skill that allows you to enhance your own Aura and those around you. Before you say anything, 'what, really?' is not a valid question, so try your best not to blurt out random shit like that." 

"Along with your Semblance, you are exception when it comes to defense, but fairly lack luster when it comes to both strength and speed. So, the first thing that we'll focus all of our attention on is improving and laying a foundation for your defensive abilities with your shield and working on helping you get used to using your Semblance on the fly, since both of these would be the best way to get you combat effective as soon as possible." 

"So, let's begin." From then onwards, (Y/N) vigorously beat and bashed Jaune as he tested and improved his defense, and once his Aura got low, which happened very, very quickly, he simply regenerated it using his Skills. Forcing Jaune to defend attacks constantly rapidly improved his Skill with his own protective Aura, getting him a good feel for the protective barrier as he applied it to his own body and shield.

Slowly but surely, they were making a ton of improvements on bolstering his defense and gaining control of his Aura, but the thing that (Y/N) felt he couldn't truly help Jaune improve was his fundamentals. 

Since every time (Y/N) picked up a weapon he just instinctively knew how to use it, and his body just moved automatically, he kind of just skipped the need to improve his experience as a base fighter. 

However, he could easily form a shield using the Cyan Dust's Hard-Light that was formed from his gauntlets, feel around how to use the shield, and then replicate it with Jaune. Though, he felt that it wouldn't exactly be the best way to improve Jaune's skill since the technique could just be specific to his own fighting style, so instead he opted to just drill physical ability into Jaune and ask Pyrrha to teach him the fundamentals. 

So, he continued to improve upon the blondes abilities, slowly and steadily, and by the time they called it quits for the night Jaune had already leveled up twice. "Good shit today Jaune" he said, giving the exhausted man a quick fist bump.

"Thanks man" he responded in between breaths.

"Ayo, can you give me your weapons for a second? I just wanna check em out really quick."

"Yeah sure, here you go boss man." Once Jaune handed the sword and shield to him, (Y/N) quickly told Meta what to do with the equipment, and after acting like he was inspecting Corcea Mors for a moment, he handed the weapons back to the unsuspecting blonde. 

"Thanks" he said as he received his weapons once more, not feeling any changes with them. "Sooo, is there something wrong with them?"

"Nah they'll be good for you to start with, but whenever you get more effective with them, we'll try to upgrade them a bunch to better fit your fighting style."

Jaune nodded his head in understanding before slowly brining himself to his feet and asking, "who's we?"

"We is me and Ruby, but that's not really something you need to worry about for now. Let's just focus on you getting some rest for later since you've still got to work hard in school tomorrow as well."

Jaune groaned at the thought, "I honestly forgot about that, thanks for the reminder I guess." After a little bit of light banter back and forth, (Y/N) was able to gradually help the blonde back to his room where his other teammates were awaiting his return. 

As they reached the room's door, Jaune turned to his teacher and said, "thanks again for all the help man! Your really the only person I could ask, and you definitely could've just left me high and dry, but I'm glad you didn't."

(Y/N) chuckled slightly at his comment, "nah, I wouldn't do that to someone willing to put the effort in, and plus you shouldn't be thanking me yet, we still got a lot of work to do. Oh yeah, one more thing." 

"Your not exactly alone anymore Jaune, you have a whole ass team at your back and I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help you out. Hell, Pyrrha literally carried your unconscious body through the entire Emerald Forest during the Initiation, all while she was getting chased by a Death Stalker. I'm sure she'd be more than happy to toughen you up whenever I'm unable to."

That brought a smile to the blonde's lips "yeah, I guess you're right." After another quick goodbye, (Y/N) took one last observe at his trainee before he said goodbye for the night.

Name: Jaune Arc

Age: 19

Race: Human

Titles: Member of Team PRNJ

LVL: 15

HP: 2200/2200

AU: 4250/4250. (+350)

Attributes:

STR; 70, (+50)

END; 135, (+70)

DEX; 75

VIT; 60

INT; 40, (+40)

LUK; 65

*Aura Amp (Semblance)*- Using this Semblance, Jaune is able to enhance/amplify the effects of Aura on both himself and others. This Semblance is incredibly versatile and is able to strengthen the defensive capabilities of Aura, increase its healing effects, amplify Semblances to make them more powerful, and even directly encourage a person's Soul in order to strengthen it.

'Queen Corcea Mors'-This is the signature weapon used by Jaune Arc, a family heirloom that has been passed down from generation to generation. Originally used by his ancestor in The Great Wat, this weapon functions as both a sword and shield; +70 END, +50 STR, +40 INT

"Yeah, he'll be aight."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

863K 8.2K 40
(Y/N) (L/N) was an average teenage boy who just pass both college and high school at a young age, now 18 both him, his cousin and their (terrible) fr...
13.6K 237 14
When tragedy befell Kai Blaze as a boy in the mystical world of Remnant, all he wanted was to get stronger, so no one would experience the same loss...
31K 370 12
This is a Reboot of my original, a continuation from my original reasons of a reboot was simply cause I didn't like how it is and cannot be change an...
493 24 6
The World of Remnant is filled to the brim with the creatures of Grimm as well as other hidden forces bent on destruction, and the only ones willing...