Bounded To You (Star-Crossed)

By Al_Noodzi

[Book 3] You have given me something that makes others envious of, they would die to have, and some live and... More

Chapter 1 - Parallel Circumstances
Chapter 2 - Reacquainted
Chapter 3 - Haunting Past
Chapter 4 - Immortality Threatened
Chapter 5 - Anamneses
Chapter 6 - Pain of Love
Chapter 7 - Unidentified Threat
Chapter 8 - Imminent
Chapter 9 - The Journey
Chapter 10 - Trapped
Chapter 11 - Unforeseen
Chapter 12 - Allay
Chapter 13 - Sliver
Chapter 14 - Destiny
Chapter 15 - Uncertainty
Chapter 16 - Uncontrollable
Chapter 17 - Confessions
Chapter 18 - Scars
Chapter 19 - Eternal Slumber
Chapter 20 - Contemplation
Chapter 21 - The Curse
Chapter 22 - Healing
Chapter 23 - Retreat
Chapter 24 - A Touch
Chapter 25 - Past Demons
Chapter 26 - Family
Chapter 27 - Control
Chapter 28 - 910 Years Long
Chapter 29 - Possession
Chapter 30 - Guilt & Blame
Chapter 31 - Agonizing Love
Chapter 32 - Therapeutic
Chapter 33 - Wyatt
Chapter 34 - Melting Snow
Chapter 35 - Beginnings
Chapter 36 - Surprises
Chapter 37 - Perplexed Mind
Chapter 38 - Agreements
Chapter 39 - Crossroads
Chapter 40 - Risks
Chapter 41 - Misery & Joy
Chapter 42 - Normalcy
Chapter 43 - Rift
Chapter 44 - Consequences
Chapter 45 - Blood
Chapter 46 - Return
Chapter 47 - Another
Chapter 48 - Overwhelmed
Chapter 49 - Unspoken words
Chapter 50 - Fulfilling Dreams
Chapter 51 - Mine
Chapter 52 - Desires Of The Heart
Chapter 53 - Threat
Chapter 54 - Love Lost
Chapter 55 - Dealing
Chapter 57 - Dying Flame
Chapter 58 - Reason I Love You
Chapter 59 - Aftereffects Of Immortality

Chapter 56 - Repercussions

1 0 0
By Al_Noodzi

CHAPTER 56: REPERCUSSIONS

"Arms up!" Lazarus scolded, "Hold your fists tighter. Who the hell taught you how to fight?"

"No one! I own a damn bar, I don't need to fight." Rob muttered in annoyance.

"No back talking!" Lazarus yelled, making Rob stiffen at his tone. "Relax your shoulders a bit!"

Rob dropped his arms as he faced him, demanding, "How the hell am I supposed to do that when you are yelling at me?"

"I am not yelling at you!" Lazarus said firmly, "How else are you to learn?!"

"Not like this!" Rob gestured to the man's angered face.

"Rob-..."

"Is this punishment? Is that why you are so angry? Because I didn't refuse it when Noah asked me to be immortal?" Rob accused.

"Rob, this is not punishment. Perhaps you didn't understand everything before you became immortal, but you kind of signed up for this. Now that you are immortal, you have to train, to become strong enough to defend yourself out there, because believe it or not, you painted a large, bright red target on your back."

Rob turned around with his fists up again as he grumbled, "I wasn't thinking of myself when I did it, you know..."

Lazarus let out a heavy sigh before he placed a hand on his shoulder, saying, "You have no idea what it means to me that you are trying to do everything to help my son through this, but you should think about yourself. Immortality isn't a game. It is not something you do when you are bored and then you could go back on it. This is permanent. Have you thought about what you'd do when Lucius came back?"

Rob turned to him again as he asked, "Will I not be welcomed here?"

"That is not what I am saying. You think I can't see it? You look at him the way he looks at Lucius." Lazarus said with a frown, "You are in love with him, but he is in love with someone else. And that, son, that will hurt."

Rob looked away as he said, "I was planning on going back to the bar. It is mine after all. I will go back to working there."

"How long? Because after a while people will start wondering why you weren't growing older." Lazarus reminded.

Rob sighed, saying, "A spell? One that would make me look older?"

"You know what? We can figure it out when we get there. For now you should train to be strong enough to protect yourself in case no one else is there to help." Lazarus said, then called Blayth over, "Train him. You can make a monkey fight if you put your mind to it."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Rob glared.

"It means you suck at fighting." Blayth laughed, making Rob glare at him instead.

***

"Levi, I was thinking that today we should try and use that blood we got from the battlefield-..."

"We've had it for months." Levi cut him off, taking another bite from his dinner, "We've already tried."

"I found this spell, perhaps it will be the one we need to open the gates." Ruben stated.

"I told you, Uncle. The power in his blood dies with him." Levi said, coughing before reaching over for his drink and taking a sip.

"Why are you against trying so much?" Ruben asked.

"Because it won't work. I've tried almost everything you did. I've spent the last few months trying to help you when I should have been trying to break this bond that had formed between myself and the boy." Levi said, coughing again, covering his lips with his hand when his coughing became rough. He swallowed before pulling his hand away, sighing as he breathed, "Guess he is back."

Ruben looked at him, just then seeing the blood covering his nephew's hand as he said, "The Delafontaine?"

"Who else?" Levi sighed, coughing again before reaching for his drink and taking another sip, "Zack, help me to bed, will you?"

"Yes, my king." Zach replied, walking over to him and grabbing onto his elbow to help him to his feet.

"This means we get another chance at making him open the portal. Or at least getting new blood samples." Ruben said with a smirk.

"Good luck. But there won't be a 'we' for a few years..." Levi replied, grunting as he felt an ache course through him, "Let's go." He said to Zach who walked him towards the doors out of the dining hall towards his room.

"May I be blunt?" Zack asked as he laid Levi down in bed, pulling his blankets over him.

"Spit it out." Levi muttered.

"You don't seem too interested anymore. I mean in opening the gates." Zack stated.

"That is not true. I just don't have the energy to keep up with my uncle. His powers have been dormant for so many decades that he has an abundance of it. I will let him try for a while, until he figures something out. I think I've earned myself a break." Levi replied, "Grab the healer from the dungeons, will you?"

"Yes, my king." Zach bowed before walking out of there, going to do as told.

***

"No." Blayth said, grabbing Noah's arm in a powerful hold.

"She just left him, Blayth-..." Noah said, tugging at his arm to break Blayth's hold on it, both of them looking towards an orphanage.

"I know. I know Noah, but perhaps for the best. Better let someone care for him if she couldn't." Blayth said, gripping Noah's arm strongly when he tried to break free again. "Noah, Ruben broke through the barrier the last time, he knows where we are. Unless he attacks again, we won't be able to wipe his memory of the place. And if he learns that we have Lucius he won't hesitate in attacking. Levi might be weakened by Lucius's rebirth, but that bastard wouldn't. If he comes looking, he'll come to us first."

"Blayth, it's raining..." Noah said desperately, his eyes lingering on the basket placed in front of the orphanage doors, "It's pouring. He is just an infant. I promised I'd take care of him when he didn't know better."

"You can cover him up, but we aren't taking him with us." Blayth said firmly.

It was a second before Noah nodded, Blayth doing the same before letting go, both crossing the empty street, going to the doorstep where the basket was left. Noah pulled back the blanket to see the small body inside, hands moving aimlessly as their eyes met, and the baby went still for a moment before he smiled, making Noah bite his bottom lip before reaching in, taking the boy in his hands.

"Noah-..."

"Just a moment, I swear." Noah breathed as he held him to his chest, feeling the tiny hands grip at his chain around his neck. He smiled softly before he whispered, "I love you. Don't forget that." he placed a kiss against his head, laying him back down in the basket where the boy reached for him. Noah placed a hand against his chest, before letting a sleep spell take over, lulling the boy right to sleep before he covered him with the blanket, taking off his jacket and placing it around the basket. "Till the next time we meet, love."

"What are you doing?" Blayth asked when Noah went to the door

"I'm not leaving him out in the cold." Noah said, knocking on the door a few times loudly before stepping back, placing a hand on Blayth's shoulder and making them both invisible before a woman stepped outside, wrapping herself in her robe to protect herself from the cold.

She looked down at the basket, then glanced up and down the street before picking him up, taking a look at the child with sad eyes before she whispered, "I can't believe some people." She shook her head as she said, "Don't worry, honey. You will be fine." with that she walked inside.

***

Noah's eyes were locked onto that one window in the house in front of him as he kept guard over his ignorant Lucius. His heart ached for the simplest touch of the one he loved most. He felt so far away from him even though only a few feet separated them as he sat on the opposite rooftop of the house that is next to Lucius's, watching over him in the silence of the night.

It was killing him to not be able to even hear his voice. His soul was once again complete when he was reborn but now it even felt healed, one thing was missing though... he wanted to hold him in his arms and tell the one that lay oblivious in his bed who he was and that he loved no one in the world like he loved him, the one that now went by the name of Riley.

Noah's mind was filled with memories of all the time he was lucky enough to be close to Lucius. His eyes drifted from the peacefully sleeping boy and landed on the starry skies above. He felt the pain in his chest increase as he remembered he had about four more years to go until his Lu even remembered who he was.

What's a measly 4 years though compared to how long we've been apart, my Lu...? Noah's mind tried to reason with him.

The stars repeat memories of when he held Lucius under their brightness and how his Lu loved gazing upon them. Tears he had tried to withhold overwhelmed him and overflew his eyes down his cheeks, creating trails as they descended, Lucius's name escaping his lips in a whisper.

Unknown to him, the boy he watched had been feeling something strange for the past few weeks. The feeling always got more intense when Noah was close, but he didn't know that the man that watched over him was the reason, or that that man even existed.

Riley stirred, turning around to face the window in his room. For some reason he always loved to sleep with the curtains drawn and the moonlight illuminating his room. As he lay on his side, before he closed his eyes to go back to sleep, something outside the window caught his eyes.

He slowly sat up and glanced outside it. On the roof of the house that was next to the orphanage he was in sat a man. The man looked as if he glowed in the moon's light as he sat there, one of his legs probed up and an arm lying lazily over it. His long pitch-black hair was being ruffled by the air as it swept by. Riley's eyes couldn't move away from the figure that sat there as he felt something, he was sure he hadn't felt before when he looked at the mismatched eyes, one was the bluest shade he'd even seen while the other shone a shade of red he'd never seen another possess, radiating in their intensity. In his mind he couldn't help but think that that must have been the most beautiful man he had ever seen in his short life on that earth.

Riley's brows frowned though as he saw the man's gaze was locked onto the night sky with a look of despair covering his handsome features, and then tears started falling from the man's eyes. Riley sucked in a sharp breath at a pain he didn't know why he felt, as the man that he didn't recognise, sat on the rooftop which faced his window, cried. Riley felt his own eyes sting with tears but he wasn't sure of the reason.

The brunet boy stared at the man for the longest time, feeling an urge to comfort him, but wasn't sure how. He laid back down after what seemed like an hour, his eyes still gazing out his window at the one that seemed to be lonely.

"Who are you...?" The boy whispered into the night to no one in particular.

The next night he didn't fall asleep as he lay there waiting to see if the man was going to return, and he did. The boy closed his eyes when he noticed the man glance towards his window but not long after opened them once more to stare at the dazzling being who for some reason kept coming back there.

Riley has always been alone. He was surrounded by people, but none were related to him and he did try to make the best out of it. He never knew his family, for as long as he remembered he had been without parents. The only ones close to him were the people that took care of him and the other kids in that place. The boy he shared that room with was also close to him but not even he knew of the man that Riley stayed up at night to wait for.

He felt safe when he saw him, like he was no longer alone in the world. Something in him felt as if it had been waiting for that person. He wanted many times to open his window and speak to him, but he didn't want him to stop showing up. Even though he wanted so much to ask why the man cried almost every night he was at that rooftop.

To Riley's despair the man stopped appearing after a while. He felt alone again even though he didn't know who he was. The thought of him never returning pained Riley but he didn't really understand it, and then soon after that, dreams started to assault his otherwise calm-dreamless nights.

The things he saw in those dreams weren't clear. Nothing in them made sense. Most of them slipped his mind the moment he woke up and no matter how much he tried to remember he wasn't able to. But after a while, there he was, the man that he saw on the rooftop was there in his dreams. And from the first dream of him, the rest just kept coming and on his seventeenth birthday his mind was filled with images of the man.

Three years passed and only then the images became clearer. When he started dreaming of the man, he started sleeping more in hopes of not feeling the loneliness anymore and it somewhat worked. He only wondered when he'd get to finally see him again... if he was at all going to.

The only thing that kept him from being completely overtaken by his mind was a sketchbook that he used to draw what he saw. Image after image of the black haired man, things he witnessed in his dreams, until he finally discovered the mysterious man's name...

Noah...

He was starting to understand many things. The feelings and the dreams, the long nights he stayed up in hopes of seeing him. Because that man was not just the most beautiful man he had ever seen or because he made him feel safe, no, it was because that man was Noah... his Noah... the one that holds his heart... the man he loves.

As he finally woke up from the dream that made him realize who the man was, tears descended his face. "Noah..." he whispered as his tearful eyes traveled to the rooftop where he first saw Noah after so long, the man he loved in tears as he gazed upon the sky.

Lucius's eyes traveled upwards as he stared at the night sky he loved so much. Wanting nothing more than to be with Noah, but not knowing where to start looking. "Come back to me..." he whispered to the stars.

Three months passed, three long torturous months that Lucius tried to find out where his Noah was but failing. He was walking towards his school with his roommate and brother from the orphanage they were in. Losing himself in the masses of bodies that were entering the school grounds as Brandon chatted about something which succeeded in making Riley laugh, something he hadn't done in a while.

Lucius's eyes traveled through the bodies as they walked, his eyes passed a group that stood closer to the door they were walking towards, quickly returning to them as they seemed out of place, recognizing them. Brandon was still talking as he walked, not noticing that the one he knew as Riley had stopped walking beside him, until he was a few steps away.

Brandon turned to Riley with a questioning look. He saw his friend's green eyes grow wide as he stared at something close to their school's gates, the bag strap on his shoulder slowly slipped until the bag was on the ground at the brown-haired boy's feet.

"Noah..." Lucius breathed as his eyes weren't able to look at anything but the blue and red eyes of the man he loved. His heart started pounding; he was waiting for this moment for so long.

"Are you alright-...?" Brandon didn't get to continue his question as Lucius ran as fast as his feet could take him, straight to the one he longed for.

"NOAH!" He yelled, a large grin on his face, before he finally jumped into the open arms that awaited him, almost causing them both to fall to the ground if not for the assistance of the ones that stood behind Noah who helped steady him. Lucius's arms finally were around Noah's neck, holding him tightly against him as his lover did the same, Noah's face buried in Lucius's neck. Both grabbed on to each other so tightly, afraid that it was just another dream. "Noah..." He repeated, wanting to make sure he was there. "I missed you so much." he said as he held on even tighter, both of them ached from the strong hold they had on each other but none of them was willing to let go. "What took you so long?" Lucius asked as he finally let go of Noah but still held onto his hand, his other one wiping at the tears that were about to fall from his eyes.

"Levi was catching up so we had to lose him before getting to you." replied someone that stood behind Noah.

Lucius took a step back to look at the three that stood behind Noah and gave them a genuine smile, "Blayth, Leon, Lorena! How have you been? It's been too long!"

"It surely has. We're doing alright." Answered Lorena with a smile.

"That's good." he smiled at them all before looking back at Noah, his eyes softening as he looked into Noah's. "You haven't changed. Still so quiet."

"You haven't either. Still short." Noah replied, speaking for the first time, not once did his eyes leave Lucius. He missed him so much. His heart ached for him for too long that the simple touch of them holding each other's hands was enough to make him forget the pain.

"That's not funny, idiot!" Lucius said, smacking Noah's arm playfully. Noah didn't even smile at that, only pulled Lucius into another fierce embrace that Lucius returned without hesitation. Noah missed Lucius, the way he reacted to being teased, the name he called him when he was angered, his smile, his...his everything. He simply loved his Lu. Whether he looked as he did before or not, it was still his loving, kind hearted, sweet, stubborn Lu.

"Umm... Riley?" asked Brandon who was already standing close, carrying both his and Lucius's bags with him. As students were staring at the one who was running so fast to the man he was holding now, curious to know what was going on. Lucius pulled away from Noah, his hand once again finding his lover's before he turned to Brandon. "Who is this?" asked Brandon.

Lucius turned back to them, smiling before his eyes met Noah's, and his smile grew. "My family." said Lucius before turning to Brandon again. "Those are my cousins."

"You do realize that the reason we are in an orphanage is that we don't have families, don't you? How did you find them, or even know they are your family?"

"Trust me, I know... Brandon, I am leaving with them." He said to his friend who frowned at him.

"Maybe that won't be such a great idea. Won't it be better to tell Ms. Julia or someone that you are going before you do?"

"I am telling you. I know them, and I'm leaving with them. Besides, I turn eighteen in a couple of weeks so I don't think it would make a difference if I left now because I'll be leaving soon anyway."

"So no more school either?" said Brandon more than asked. Lucius merely shook his head as he smiled at his friend, the one he had grown up with and known as long as he could remember. "It's a goodbye then?" asked Brandon, upset even though he had a small smile as he noticed how Lucius's eyes glowed with happiness when he saw the ones he claimed to be his family.

"I guess." Lucius replied before reluctantly letting go of Noah's hand to share a hug with his friend.

"Come and visit though."

"I'll try."

"And take care of your health. Try not to get sick again." Brandon muttered.

"I'll be fine." Lucius said, a small frown caressing his eyebrows at what he knew, but only for a second before letting go and taking the bag that Brandon handed him. He didn't need any of his old things. Not the clothes or anything. All he knew he needed at that moment was to finally be with his Noah. "Let's go" said Lucius as he turned back to the ones that were waiting for him.

They nodded and headed to the car that awaited them. It didn't go unnoticed to Lucius how Noah was even quieter than he remembered, not even smiling which worried him but he was merely happy, happy that they were finally able to find one another, happy that he was now able to hold and be held by his Noah.

As they got into the car, Lucius pulled Noah next to him into the backseat, Noah sitting next to the door while Lucius sat close to him in the middle even though the spot next to him was empty. As the car started and drove off, Noah couldn't help it as he let go of Lucius's hand and wrapped an arm around him, pulling him closer where Lucius gladly laid his head against Noah's shoulder, while his hand rested against Noah's heart.

Noah's eyes looked outside the window as the cars passed them by in a blur, his hand absently caressing Lucius's chestnut hair. Lucius's hand reached upwards taking a hold of Noah's hand and moving it from his head to his waist, intertwining their fingers as Noah wrapped the arm around Lucius who tilted his head to place a gently kiss against Noah's neck and keeping it there as he breathed in Noah's scent that he had missed so much.

Noah's other hand rose and rested over Lucius's that was still resting above his heart, Lucius took a hold of it and placed a kiss against it before returning their hands to where they were. Noah finally looked away from the window as he tilted his head downwards to place a kiss against Lucius's brow, his eyes closing as his head rested against Lucius. Not a word was spoken between them as their hearts started to feel lighter, their rhythm interlaced, an overwhelming sense of peace took over their souls as they sat wrapped in each other's arms all the way till they got to the place they used as their layer, the place they called home.

Lorena smiled lovingly at how the two seemed to have drifted off peacefully. The love they had for each other was apparent with the simplest of glances between them. Her eyes filled with tears that she held back, the two have been apart for too long and she was glad that they were finally able to be together once more, especially after the way they lost Lucius the last time.

Leon sat next to her feeling the same way as he drove the car back to their place. He glanced at the two that were seated behind the driver's seat from his rearview mirror and saw how the two had apparently fallen asleep in each other's arms and he couldn't help the small smile that drew on his lips. His eyes then glanced at the motorcycle that was following them where Blayth was, thinking of how hard it was to even think of being away from his ape and how those two were separated for so long.

As the car came to a stop when they reached the house, Lucius's eyes slowly parted, a small smile tilted his lips as he looked outside the window at their home. It was dark out, but the entire place was illuminated by the lights around the house, and the ones coming from the windows. "I missed it here." He breathed, sighing as he tilted his head, kissing Noah's jaw which made him slowly wake up.

"Hi..." he muttered.

"Hi." Lucius replied with a small chuckle, "Lazarus is waiting for us."

"I can see that." Noah replied, stretching before he opened the door, stepping out with Lucius's hand in his.

"Lucius." Lazarus said warmly as they walked down the stairs at the main entrance.

"Lazarus, I've missed you." Lucius said, letting go of Noah's hand to embrace Lazarus, feeling the tight hold of the older man before he let him go.

"I don't think it is as much as I have missed you, my boy." He said with a smile, "Come on. Come inside. Everyone is waiting."

Lucius nodded, taking Noah's hand back in his and smiling at him before he headed inside after Lazarus. Blayth, Leon and Lorena behind them. They made their way to the library where everyone was gathered like usual at that time of day, some getting up when they saw Lucius.

"Oh! Look who's finally decided to come back." Tobias joked, ruffling Lucius's hair who stared at him with a frown before stepping back awkwardly. Tobias gave him an odd look before he said, "Don't tell me you don't remember me. Again."

"Only by name." Lucius confessed, shrugging.

"Better than the last time." Tobias laughed before he went to take a seat.

"So, Lucius, how was the trip here?" Edmur asked.

Lucius opened his mouth to answer when Ren said, "They slept the entire way here."

"Thank you." Lucius muttered with a chuckle.

"You are most welcome." She shrugged as she walked up to Liam, plumping down in his lap only for him to groan. "Hi, sweetie." She greeted, ignoring his reaction as she planted a kiss on his lips.

Lazarus saw the look in Lucius's eyes making him say, "I guess introductions would be a good idea."

Lucius smiled at him as he nodded, Noah sitting on an armed chair, Lucius sitting down on the armrest beside him and looking around as each one introduced themselves, and even though he remembered some of them, the rest he had no clue to whom they were. "Rob." Rob said with a nod, "New to the group so no wonder you don't remember. I only met you in your previous life."

"Hi." Lucius said as the last one was done.

"So, they were right when they said you remembered Noah first each time." Rob stated with a smile.

"I guess so." Lucius said, glancing at Noah.

"Do you remember everything though?" Rob asked.

"The important things, yes." Lucius nodded, "But some things are still a bit blurry."

Rob nodded to that as he asked, "The knowing each other. Falling in love. Getting married. All that?"

"Getting what?" Lucius asked with a frown, then a look of surprise took over as he looked back at Noah and asked, "We did it? Oh god, I want to remember!"

Noah nodded, pulling Lucius's hand to his lips and kissing his knuckles, his other hand reaching around his neck as he pulled the chain from under his shirt, letting go of Lucius's hand to take out the ring. "A day before I lost you." Noah muttered, the thought still hurt him, infuriated him and tore at his heart, but at that moment he felt nothing but peace. He slid the ring off the chain before closing it again and returning it around his neck, taking Lucius's hand in his own before he slipped the ring around his finger. "You became my husband and I yours." Noah said, kissing the finger he slipped the ring on, feeling Lucius's other hand caress his head.

"God, I truly wish to remember it." Lucius said with a soft smile when Noah's eyes met his.

"You will. Eventually."

"Not soon enough." Lucius said to him.

"So how was life as Riley?" Ren asked.

Lucius turned to her, leaning closer to Noah as he felt the other's arm wrap around his waist, saying, "Nothing much really."

"But no family, that was different wasn't it?" Tobias asked.

Lucius's smile faulted but only for a moment before it was back to hide what he truly felt. "Sometimes that is better than a family wouldn't you say?" Lucius asked.

"Perhaps." Tobias nodded, thinking Lucius was referring to the few times he had an abusive family.

"You really were fine being raised by those people?" Ren asked.

"She always argued that you needed to be with family and so we should get you back." Blayth said, making her glare.

Lucius didn't lose his smile as his eyes dropped, saying, "I didn't belong. Everyone knew it. I finally made friends with Brandon, that boy you met today. But even then... it wasn't the same." Lucius tried to keep his smile but when he couldn't he stood up, walking up to the window to look outside at the lake, adding, "I really missed the lake." Lucius breathed before saying, "It was more difficult when I started remembering." Lucius said, his arms unconsciously wrapping around himself. "The hardest part about being left at an orphan is knowing that no one wants you. Even worse when you watched couples come to pick a child to adopt, but you were never selected. As if something was wrong with you. Or maybe you were just not good enough. It made not only me but also the other kids think about the possibility of us ever being loved. It was harder when I knew I did have all of you, because I knew you existed. I knew you were somewhere, but I didn't know where. I finally had a family. And for a while I couldn't stop the dark thoughts of perhaps... just maybe no one came for me yet because again I wasn't wanted..." Lucius trailed off, his mind going back to that dark place, only returning to the moment when he felt strong arms wrap around him from behind. He forced a smile, glad no one could see him as he said, "I just missed you too much, and it was taking too long. You all mean the world to me and that thought, even though I knew it was untrue, it still hurt."

"We wanted to make sure it was safe enough to get you back." Noah told him, holding him tighter, "You have no idea how badly I wanted to come and get you."

"I do have an idea." Lucius said, this time a real smile touched his lips, his hands wrapping around Noah's, one brushing his tears away from his cheeks before it joined the other. "I saw you. Even before I remembered who you were, I saw you on the rooftop of the building next to the home. It made me feel safe. Made me feel like I had someone after all."

"You've always had me." Noah whispered.

Lucius turned in his arms, burying his face against Noah's shoulders as he muttered, "You have no idea what those words mean to me, Noah." A small chuckle left his after that, peeking over Noah's shoulder to look at his ring as he said, "Husband. I really wish to remember." He repeated.

Noah's hand caressed Lucius's hair as he held him, saying, "I can tell you all about it."

"Were there roses?" Lucius asked.

"There-..." Noah started, but then stopped.

"Don't." Lucius said, pulling away, "Don't say another word. I want to remember myself."

Noah raised an eyebrow saying, "Alright."

"But you know..." Lucius said in thought, "I was wondering what we wore."

"Robes with..."

"Stop!" Lucius said, "No. No, I am sure I don't want to know yet."

Noah cupped Lucius's cheeks in his hands as he said when their eyes met, "Make up your mind."

"I want to know, but I also think it is better to remember it." Lucius said with a frown.

"Then remember it yourself." Noah said.

"But I want to know." Lucius said, laughing at himself.

"Lucius." Noah said warningly.

"I remember a gift situation." Lucius said, trying to think back.

"My gift or someone else's?" Noah asked.

"There were more than one?" Lucius said in shock, "What were...? No, wait, I don't want to know."

"Lucius!" Noah said in frustration, rolling his eyes as he heard the rest in the room laughing at their odd conversation.

Lucius looked at him innocently, wrapping his arms around his waist as he got closer, stating, "You love me."

"I'm starting to doubt it. One day and you are already driving me nuts." Noah sighed, rolling his eyes but couldn't help as his arm wrapped around Lucius as well.

"But you love me." Lucius said, "So it doesn't matter how crazy I make you. I am the sunshine of your day, the moonlight of your night. I am your coffee in the morning, and the ghost in your scary stories."

"That escalated fast." Blayth said with a snort.

"Shut up, Blayth. I am trying to be adorable." Lucius glared at Blayth over Noah's shoulder before meeting Noah's eyes again as he asked, "So is it working?"

Noah tried to look angry, but couldn't as he said, "You never try to be adorable, so yes. It is."

"Good." Lucius smiled, wrapping his arms around his neck.

"Anyway, dinner is ready if any of you are hungry." Lazarus said as he got up.

"I'm starving!" Lucius said, letting go of Noah only to grab his hand and drag him behind him as he followed Lazarus.

"Slow it down, the food isn't going anywhere." Noah muttered but still followed.

***

"Noah..." Lucius muttered, his eyes still on the bed he'd walked towards, his fingers running against the blanket as he waited for Noah to acknowledge him.

Noah stood quietly by the door, his eye not once leaving Lucius. "Yeah...?" He replied softly. Lucius's eyes drifted to Noah as he thought over what he wanted to ask. He'd noticed how different Noah's been since for the past three days, when he'd returned with them to the mansion. His heart ached to hear him laugh, to hear his voice as he barely spoke. Much of what he did was merely stare at him, which he didn't mind, but it made him worry.

A smile played on his lips as he thought that instead of asking, he could do something much better. He left the side of the bed as he walked towards his beloved, his eyes shining with love as his eyes locked with the brilliant mismatched ones. Once he was right before him, he reached for his face, cupping it between his warm hands as he leaned closer, having to stand on his toes to reach him as he mumbled against his lips, "You haven't kissed me yet."

Noah took in a deep breath, his heart thudding irregularly at the mere touch of Lucius's hand against his face. "I didn't know if I should. It's been too long. " he managed to say, unable to look away from the green eyes staring deeply into his own.

"Indeed, it has. Very, very long. I've missed you... kissing you...f-feeling you against me..." Lucius stuttered slightly at what his words meant, his face blushing lightly.

Noah's eyes fluttered before he shut them, a soft moan leaving his lips in agreement. "Lu, we shouldn't." Noah spoke silently.

"Shh..." Lucius whispered, his breath fanning against Noah's face, making him shiver. Lucius smiled wider as he decided not to stall any longer, brushing his lips softly against Noah's. He started it slowly, lovingly, and Noah didn't even try to stop it, feeling his breath get stuck in his throat as he kissed him back just as gently.

"I love you..." Lucius whispered against his lips before Noah once more leaned closer, wrapping an arm in a possessive manner around Lucius's waist as he pulled him towards him, his other hand trailing against his back until it reached his chocolate locks, his fingers tangling through it as he deepened the kiss.

"God... I've missed you..." Noah breathed.

"I know." Lucius said confidently, making Noah smile, something Lucius had longed for. His heart skipped a beat, Noah leaning in again as he placed a long chaste kiss against his forehead. Lucius untangled himself from Noah's embrace, leaving only his hand in his beloved's and bringing it to his lips, letting his lips linger against it. Smiling at him as he saw the loving look in his eyes.

Lucius started to walk backwards before turning around, his hand still in Noah as he pulled him behind him towards the bed. Once he was near it, he once more faced Noah, his hand against his chest while his other linked their fingers together as he turned them around before pushing Noah against the bed.

Lucius's hands once more cupped the sides of Noah's face before capturing his lips in another kiss. The kiss slowly turned passionate, Noah still merely following Lucius's lead. His hand trailed up Lucius's shirt as he moaned into his lips when his tongue slipped into his mouth.

The feeling of Lucius' hand pushing him further onto the bed until he lay down got him to tense, Lucius straddling his waist as he did so. He didn't know why he was being hesitant, thinking it was probably how he's not touched anyone in such a way in a long while, or the fear that his beloved had maybe been with someone else. He feared the latter most, wanting his Lucius to be his alone, as they'd promised so long ago. What made him think that maybe Lucius was with someone else was the way he was acting with not much hesitation, when before he would be blushing so furiously that he would end up trying to push him away. He thought perhaps another reason for his hesitation is how Lucius had died the last time, taking his own life. That still burned a hole in his heart.

When Noah's lips stopped moving against his own, Lucius kissed down his chin, jawline, reaching his neck. His hand let go of Noah's where it was still linked with it as it joined the other in unfastening Noah's buttons and opening his shirt. Lucius's lips made a trail, tracing the skin that was revealed.

Noah couldn't help his exhilarating heartbeat at being touched by the one he'd longed for, his skin on fire where Lucius caressed with his lips and his fingers brushed. Lucius suddenly stopped, his kisses becoming hesitant as his hands stopped opening the shirt halfway through.

"Lu...?" Noah breathed in question as Lucius hid his face against his chest.

"You finally used that stupid nickname..." Lucius whispered.

"What's wrong?" Noah asked when he heard the stutter in his voice.

"Nothing." Lucius muttered.

"Lu-..."

"I said nothing!" He repeated heatedly, his hands fisting against Noah's collar as he finally raised his face to meet Noah's eyes, a stubborn look on his face.

Noah couldn't help the light chuckle that left him at the dark blush on Lucius's cheeks, just then noticing the shiver in his hands. "You're adorable..." Noah muttered, realizing he was wrong about Lucius's sudden confidence, also knowing that no matter what happened in the past, it was still the man he loved who was trying hard to be with him, to reignite their bond.

"Shut up!" Lucius yelled at him, still trying to hide his embarrassment.

Noah raised his hand to Lucius's cheek, caressing the heated skin as he said softly, "I love you, Lu. I never stopped loving you. God, how I've missed having you with me. I would've waited a thousand years more to be with you." Noah said lovingly.

"You better." Lucius mumbled as he looked away.

Noah chuckled, but couldn't help the small sob that interrupted it as he shut his eyes tightly while saying, "It was still too long...so long without you, my love."

Lucius's heart ached as he noticed the tear that slipped from under Noah's lid. His earlier resolve returned as he leaned over him again, his lips feathering against Noah's cheek as he kissed away the salty tear. Noah opened his eyes locked with Lucius', who said, "I'm here now... and I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon."

"You better." Noah replied tearfully, making Lucius chuckle as he repeated his words. This time Lucius pushed aside his shyness as he lowered his hips from where he was kneeling over Noah, sitting in his lap as he leaned back down to kiss him. This time Noah didn't hesitate, not even for a moment in kissing him back with the same passion he'd always shown him, pouring his love into the kiss.

Lucius groaned as Noah bucked against him, they're bodies rubbing against each other in the most intimate way making them both moan. Noah's hand traced Lucius's spine until it reached the lower part of it, his hand pressing against the dip at the end of his back, bringing him closer to him.

Noah explored Lucius's mouth thoroughly with his tongue, his mind a haze, wanting more of his lover as he flipped him onto the bed, switching their positions to be on top as he continued to ravish his lips, his hands now slipping under his shirt as he caressed him lovingly, his heart throbbing, and resistance failing with every second, and every moan he elected from the delicious lips he was devouring.

They were both panting heavily, their breath eluding them with the pleasure that overwhelmed their bodies and minds. In no time, their clothes were discarded, and their skin slipped smoothly against one another. Caressing and feeling every inch of skin they could get their hands on. Wanting to explore everything that was Lucius had Noah kissing down his chest, stomach, finally trailing down the hair leading to his groin.

Lucius's breath quickened as he called, "Noah... wait..." Noah did as was requested just before reaching the swollen flesh that was begging for his touch. Noah leaned up, his lips inches from Lucius as he looked at him questioningly, wondering why Lucius stopped him.

"What is it, love?" Noah asked softly, his knuckles caressing the flushed cheek.

"Uhh...I-I..." Lucius looked away, seeming embarrassed.

"Tell me..." Noah urged him.

Lucius bit his bottom lip adorably as he glanced back at Noah before looking away again. "I-It's...umm... it's my first time in this stupid body." Lucius stuttered quickly, his face seeming to turn darker as he confessed. Noah inhaled deeply, and Lucius feared what Noah might think when he'd taken too long to reply or do anything. "This is so embarrassing... I-..." Lucius was interrupted by the almost bruising kiss that Noah planted on his lips.

After robbing Lucius of breath, Noah buried his face in his neck, "Lu, I love you so much. I love that I get to be your first every time, and how I'm the only one to ever touch you like this." Noah once more kissed him deeply before looking him in the eyes as he whispered, "Just like no one gets to touch me but you, my love." Noah smiled at the shiver that ran through Lucius's body, leaning to his ear, whispering against it softly, "I promise to take it slow. Just like our first time."

"Noah..." Lucius moaned as the onyx haired slipped his hand between them, entrapping Lucius's length between his fingers, rubbing it slowly until Lucius's breath became heavier.

His lips latching onto Lucius's sensitive neck, nibbling and suckling as he left a trail of love bites in his wake. Lucius's fingers tugged Noah's hair as he held him closer, urging him on while a groan after another escaped him, gruff as he arched his neck backwards letting Noah ravish his skin. Lucius's fingers found the band that held his hair up, missing the feel of Noah's hair splayed around him, caressing his skin, he didn't hesitate in pulling the band off, letting the onyx hair fall around him, framing Noah's face perfectly as he pulled away, letting their eyes meet.

"You're perfect." Lucius mumbled, his fingers caressing Noah's hair as his thumb feathered against his cheek. Noah's smile made Lucius's heart flutter as he leaned closer, placing a light kiss on the tip of his nose. "Make love to me, Noah. Engrave your touch in my memory, love." He whispered while gently pressing his lips to his dark-haired lover.

"I can't refuse such a sweet request." Noah hummed before deepening the kiss as his hands trailed over Lucius's waist, settling against his hips, his lips made their way across his neck and chest, until he reached a hardening nipple, nibbling and kissing against it until Lucius was writhing underneath him from pleasure.

Noah didn't stop there, taking his time in worshiping the body under him, kissing every inch of it, every surface he could get to. Leaning away for a moment had Lucius whining in disapproval at the loss of the body heat that was engulfing him.

Noah once again settled between Lucius's legs, grabbing his knees and securing them around his waist as he leaned over him, giving him another deep kiss. Lucius's head lulled back at the feel of wet fingers probing his entrance, a moan of his lover's name leaving his lips as Noah went back to showering his neck with kisses and nibbles.

"Lu, I don't know if I could stop if we went further. Are you sure you are okay with this?" Noah asked breathily as he nuzzled Lucius's neck.

Noah felt as Lucius's hands moved from his back, cupping his face and guiding it to his. Noah's eyes filled with lust at the look of pure pleasure and want in Lucius's eyes. "More than anything, Noah. I want you..." Noah couldn't help the possessive kiss that he planted on his lover's lips, capturing Lucius's moan in his mouth as his finger finally breached Lucius.

One finger turned into two, and soon three, Lucius's discomfort was soon replaced by pure bliss until he was a constant moaning mess under Noah's ministration. Noah took joy in every pleasured sound that left Lucius's lips, kissing down his body until his mouth engulfed his length.

Lucius bucked his hips at the sensation of Noah's warm mouth wrapped around his already flushed cock, his head completely lost in every small, feathering touch from his beloved, entirely consumed by it, trembling from the overwhelming feeling coursing through his body, from his head to the tips of his toes, his vision fading from the intensity of it, their bond doing nothing to quell the enormity of their emotions.

"N-Noah...N-aahhh...." Lucius's breath choked, his head spinning as he gripped Noah's hair tightly, not able to find his voice to tell him what was on his mind. "S-ahh, stop!" Lucius finally managed with a strong tug on Noah's hair to get his attention.

Noah groaned as he pulled away, his breath still fanning against Lucius's reddened shaft, causing shivers to rack through his body. "Why?" Noah demanded with a frown of protest.

"I can't..." Lucius said between pants, "I can't breathe... too hard to hold back..." Lucius mumbled as he tried to catch his breath.

"Who asked you to?" Noah asked smugly.

"I don't want to cum..." Lucius sighed heavily, his hand still gripping Noah's hair as he tugged at it again, pulling him towards him.

"I want you to." Noah said in reply.

"No..." Lucius whined, glaring at Noah who protested again. "I said no. Wait... I want to... to do it with you..." He finally elaborated, his blush deepening.

"You should have just said that." Noah chuckled lightly, his hand leaving Lucius's body, his other gently caressing his hair from his face.

"Then stop stalling." Lucius grunted as he averted his eyes from the intense mismatched ones staring back at him. Noah leaned down, kissing him deeply, guiding himself to the entrance he'd been preparing thoroughly to take him. He kept kissing Lucius deeply as he slowly started to push into his Lu. Lucius whimpered as the head of Noah's length entered him, his hands clutching at his knight's back tightly as he slowly moved further into him. "Shit...S-stop..." Lucius groaned in pain, his head lulling to the side as he struggled to breath, his eyes clenched shut as he hissed. Noah stopped immediately at Lucius's words, his hand gripping tightly against Noah's hip as if to hold him in place.

"Are you alright?" Noah asked softly, nuzzling against the side of Lucius's neck.

"Your... it hurts... much more than the first time we did this." Lucius admitted.

Noah frowned as he pushed onto his forearm to look at Lucius as he said, "We were kids."

"You sure weren't as big." Lucius grunted.

"Thank you." Noah replied with a teasing chuckle.

"It wasn't a compliment." Lucius said as he slapped Noah against his back, which had him chuckle some more before kissing him right under his ear, making him shiver.

"Do you want me to stop?" Noah asked lovingly, his hands trailing against Lucius's sides as if to comfort him.

"No way." Lucius grumbled, still looking away. "J-just... wait a little..." Noah smiled at him, nuzzling against his cheek as he kissed the corner of his lips.

After waiting a while for Lucius to adjust to him, he pulled out slowly before pushing back in just as gently, nibbling Lucius's earlobe as he pushed a little deeper into him, stopping when Lucius tightened around him, grunting as Noah kept repeating his action, slowly until he was completely engulfed in Lucius's tightness.

Noah took his time as he made gentle, passionate love to his Lu, his heart beating out of his chest as Lucius's love seeped through their bound, causing his pace to become disrupted, his head spinning as he pulled one of Lucius's legs to his shoulder, his lips kissing the inside of it before he leaned over him again.

His eyes couldn't move from the parted lips as Lucius tossed his head against the pillow under it. Noah took the chance to capture Lucius's already swollen bottom lip between his teeth, his breath rushing out of him at the loud moan of his name that left Lucius.

He realized that his longing for Lucius was much more than he thought as he filled his eyes of him, while he withered under him, his back arching as Noah's fingers teased his nipples, driving him insane with the overload of senses assaulting him at once. Noah's hand wrapping around his length was the last straw, making him become undone as he gasped, hands tightening around Noah, nails scratching against his skin and heat tightening around the thickness filling him.

Noah couldn't last much longer, the tightness around him, and the feeling of Lucius's nails digging into his back made him come only a second after his Lu, his seed emptying inside of Lucius.

Noah collapsed on top of Lucius, having not done such a thing in a long time had his body trembling heavily. As he was about to push himself off of Lucius, so as to not crush him, he felt the latter's arms wrap tightly around him, holding him still.

Lucius took in deep breaths to calm his racing heart. Noah's warmth, and his heavy weight felt good to him at that moment, making him hold him still when he tried to move away. "Stay... please..." Lucius muttered, feeling Noah's body relax against him as he buried his face in the side of Lu's face.

"How do you feel?" Noah whispered to him, nuzzling his hair just above his ear.

Lucius's hand found its way to Noah's hair, his fingers gently running through it as he sighed, his head leaning against Noah's. "Love, affection... heavy loneliness.... sadness, anger..." Lucius admitted, his voice dropping at the last word. He knew that wasn't what Noah meant, but that is all that he could think of.

"How come?" Noah asked, though he thought he already knew why.

"I'm sorry." Lucius whispered, his arms tightening around Noah as turned his face to the side and buried it against his. "I know that all I'm feeling is a part of what you are sensing, but... it's so much. I'm so sorry, Noah." He said, feeling tears gather in his eyes.

A small smile drew on Noah's face as he thought of how his Lucius hadn't changed, no matter how long of a time passes, he was always the same considerate, compassionate, stubborn person he'd always known and loved. He managed to move a little with how strongly Lucius was holding onto him, raising himself until he was hovering mere inches above Lucius as he mumbled, "I'm not lonely anymore, love. I got you back... even though it feels like a dream my cruel mind is playing on me, you are with me now, and that is enough for me to be the happiest man alive." He said with sincerity.

"Noah..." Lucius whispered his name lovingly as a tear slipped from his eyes.

"Hey now, what are the tears for?" Noah asked softly, his smile still there as his knuckles caressed Lucius's cheek, wiping his tears away.

"I just love you so much." Noah replied to his confession with a passionate kiss, pouring his heart into it.

"You are so precious." Noah whispered to him. "But if you can't take another round you should let me pull out now." Noah said as he felt himself slowly thickening again, still inside of Lucius, where the latter had his legs wrapped securely around his waist, holding him in place. Lucius blushed brightly, quickly letting go of him, mumbling 'sorry' as he averted his eyes. He bit his lips as he felt Noah pull out of him, shivers wracking his body.

They lay there quietly for a long moment, Noah's head against Lucius's chest where the latter's hand was running through his hair soothingly. It was then that Lucius asked, "Why do I feel so much anger from you, love? What have I done?"

"It doesn't matter anymore." Noah sighed, turning around before getting up.

"Noah, talk to me please." Lucius said with a frown as he sat up, "Tell me so I could try and make it right."

"Forget it." Noah sighed, grabbing some clothes.

"If it didn't matter you wouldn't be so mad." Lucius said, watching Noah pause for a moment before he went into the bathroom and closed the door. When he walked out, his eyes glanced at Lucius, still seated in bed with a deep frown on his face, seeming to be still thinking about what he had said. Noah sighed, walking up to him and taking a seat beside him, and when Lucius didn't look at him, he reached over, taking his hands in his own as Lucius asked again, "What did I do?"

Noah gulped, his eyes locked on their hands just as Lucius's were as he replied, "I understand why you did it, and I also realize you don't remember, which is why I didn't want to say anything but..." Noah took in a deep breath that stuttered on its way out while he said, "Lu, you mean the world to me, you know that. I would give my life for yours a million times over, but you always seem to beat me to it. The last time I lost you... Lu, it was the hardest time of my life. You don't even comprehend how painful it was, and you won't even when you remember." Noah's hands tightened around Lucius' as the latter's eyes rose to look at him, where Noah was still staring at their hands, "It wasn't painful because you died. It wasn't painful because you were killed... no. Nothing like that. It hurt because..." Noah sighed again, shaking his head as he shut his eyes tightly.

When he paused for too long, Lucius muttered, "It's okay. Tell me." His thumbs caressing the back of Noah's hands.

"To save me you had no options but to open the gates. But you decided that a better choice was to... take your own life..." Noah said brokenly, Lucius's frown deepening, not understanding how he could do such a thing. "I don't think the word painful is enough to describe what I felt. I don't think there is a word for it. It was worse than holding your dying body in my arms, watching as your soul departed. It was worse than anything, watching you take your own life was... it was truly the worst day of my life."

"Noah-..."

Noah shook his head, finally meeting Lucius's eyes as he said, "You asked me why I was angry. That is the reason. But I don't wish to speak of it again. I don't wish to remember it or think about it. You are here now. That is all that matters to me. Let's leave the past in the past, alright? Let's just... move forward?"

Lucius hesitated, thinking that they needed to speak about it more, but for that moment, he merely nodded, muttering, "Alright."

Noah took another deep breath, nodding as he let it out before a small smile touched his lips as he said, "How about you put on something and we go down for dinner?"

"Alright." Lucius said again, as if in a daze as he thought over what Noah said, trying to recall what happened, and what had led him to it. Noah nodded, about to get up when Lucius let go of his hands, getting to his knees and wrapping his arms around him in a tight embrace, whispering, "I love you."

"I know." Noah mumbled, closing his eyes as he held him back.

"There had to be a good reason, or I wouldn't have left you like that." Lucius said.

"Lu, please-..."

"Sorry. Sorry, I just had to say that. I truly love you, Noah. In every world, in every life I will love you." Lucius said, "You know that, right? You know that I would do anything to be with you. Anything to make sure we finally get what we want. That we get the peaceful ending we both wish for. For us to one day be able to travel the world without anyone threatening our lives. Without having to make such choices ever again. I will fight for that happily ever after even if it takes eternity. For us. For you. Because nothing else matters to me. Nothing else. No one else."

Noah took in a deep slow breath as he muttered, "I wish you cared for your own life as much as you did mine."

"We both know that will probably never be the case." Lucius sighed, finally letting go of Noah. He pecked his lips before getting to his feet, saying, "Let me get dressed quickly then we will go eat." Noah nodded, closing his eyes when Lucius's lips touched his forehead.

As Lucius was about to walk away, Noah's hand tightened in his, making him turn around to him when Noah said, "I love you too." Lucius smiled at him lovingly as Noah let go of his hand, letting him go change.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 156 16
**WARNING** ~contains explicit content that may not be acceptable to all viewers. discretion advised~ "No no no no..." My words trailed "NO!!" I scre...
81.1K 5.7K 44
Book One of the Haunted Lover's Duo "People in the real world always say, when something terrible happens, that the sadness and loss and aching pain...
706 126 24
<COMPLETED> Fasten your seatbelts, towards the journey of mixed emotions... They say life is hard. Yes, it is. But can you imagine how hard it...
383K 22.9K 62
Zachariel Joseph's heart shattered when the man that he had loved for ten years betrayed him. His lover took everything that he loved away from him...