The Cover Girls (A One Direct...

By MyOwnSelf

Figuring out who you are is never easy. It's a labyrinth, one that you constantly feel alone and lost in. It'... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Look Who's Knocking
Chapter 2 - Soapy Bubbles
Chapter 3 - No One Beats The Queen of Dance
Chapter 4 - Collarbones and Cups
Chapter 5 - Not So Sweet Goodbye
Chapter 6 - Here For You
Chapter 7 - It's ALWAYS A Good Time
Chapter 9 - Augustus Waters... 'Nuff Said
Chapter 10 - Russia: The Pancake Country
Chapter 11 - Video Diary Week 131
Chapter 12 - Bonding With Nialler
Chapter 13 - Tonight Tonight
Chapter 14 - Sleepyhead
Chapter 15 - Let's Take A Trip
Chapter 16 - Animal House
Chapter 17 - Twinsies
Chapter 18 - Love Is In the Air
Chapter 19 - The One I've Been Waiting For
Chapter 20 - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)
Chapter 21 - You're Beautiful, It's True
Chapter 22 - Nerdy Nerds
Chapter 23 - This Feels Like Falling In Love
Chapter 24 - Shopping Buddies
Chapter 25 - Messy Twister
Chapter 26 - Harold's Birthday
Chapter 27 - Dancing In the Rain
Chapter 28 - She Finally Sees
Chapter 29 - Don't Leave
VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 30 - It'll All Be Okay
Chapter 31 - Together
Chapter 32 - A New Beginning
Chapter 33 - The Screams All Sound The Same
Chapter 34 - Stressed, But Snuggled
Chapter 35 - Makin' Bacon
Chapter 36 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 1)
Chapter 37 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 2)
Chapter 38 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 3)
Chapter 39 - The Karaoke Apocalypse (pt. 4)
Chapter 40 - Homesick
Chapter 41 - My Nightingale
Chapter 42 - Correct Assumptions
Chapter 43 - I Seem To Be Struck By You
Chapter 44 - Mixin' It Up
Chapter 45 - V is for Victory
Chapter 46 - Longer Than Five Seconds
Chapter 47 - Sisterly Instinct
Chapter 48 - Ridiculous News
Author's Note 12/6/14

Chapter 8 - The House Of April

2.6K 75 21
By MyOwnSelf

A/N: Hey hedgehogs :) sorry I didn't update for almost a week, I went on a trip where I had no wifi D: but all is well now, and I'm posting for my lovely readers! :)

Oh, and the Wattpad vs. Computer battle continues -.-

~Grace xx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

                                                           ~April~

"Why are we leaving town?" Louis asked, gazing out at the rolling fields that were starting to end, houses popping up more frequently as I took the road leading to my house.

"I don't live here," I answered, "I live in the city next to here."

"Oh," He said, turning his head to me, "Then how do you all know each other if you live in a different place?"

"April's mom teaches at the school we used to go to," Kris leaned forward answering for me, "So April went to school in our town."

"What do you mean, 'used to'?" Harry inquired, jumping into the conversation.

"We all take online school." I replied.

"Why?" Zayn called from the back. It appeared that everyone was listening to our conversation.

"There were... complications," Rikki spoke, glancing at me nervously, thinking I hadn't seen.

With a sigh, I said "I was bullied to the point where I didn't feel safe anymore, so I started online schooling. Then the girls decided that they wanted to also, so we all take the same course on our laptops."

"Oh." Zayn responded quietly, thinking he had mentioned a touchy subject.

It's not so much that my reason for leaving school bothered me, but that everyone acted like it had deeply affected me. And I mean, yeah, it had, but it wasn't like I couldn't talk about it. I was just sick of explaining it time after time. It doesn't define me.

"Anyway," I changed the subject, "This means that you guys get to meet the family that produced the one and only, April Paige."

I watched the boys' eyes widen, Harry commented, "Oh God."

"Don't worry, they're not as odd as I am," I reassured them with a chuckle, "But I won't say they're not odd."

"They're awesome," Kris said enthusiastically, "April's parents are so cool!"

"Huh!" I snorted, "I'm not sure 'cool' is the right word. Hilarious, yes, fantastic, yes, but cool? Not exactly."

"Do not lie to us, Littlest Paige!" Kris said, using a nickname she had come up for me, as I was the youngest in my family.

"OH MY GOD, YOU GUYS GET TO SEE APRIL'S ROOM!" Erin shouted, bursting out with laughter.

"Oh sweet Ginger Jesus," I muttered to myself.

"What's it like?" Niall asked, letting out one of his famous Irish chuckles. I swear, that boy had the most adorable laugh in the universe.

"Well-"

"LA LA LA LA LA LA LLAMAS!" I yelled, cutting Heather off, so she wouldn't describe anything that was in my room to them.

"Eh, you'll see it." Kris said to the boys as we entered the city. The girls lived somewhat in the country, but I was used to the city-ish life. No cows beside the road, or roosters waking you up; okay, I'm exaggerating, none of them have cows or roosters. But Heather does have goats!

About 20 minutes later I was pulling into my driveway at the end of the cul de sac where I lived. The houses in my neighborhood were all the same boring one floor design, however I'm pretty sure that mine contained the opposite kind of family you would expect to live in such a dull place.

As soon as I had parked, and we were climbing out of the car, my older brother by four years came around the house from the backyard.

"April!" He smiled as I ran forward to hug him. We hadn't gotten along very well when we were younger, but about the time I turned 13 and he was 17, our status of siblings had grown to good friends.

"Mike!" The girls shouted, running forward to grab him too, turning it into a group hug with me squished in the middle. They all thought of him as their brother, too.

"Hey girls! Come to wreak havoc on the Paige residence?" We all chuckled, pulling away.

Kris replied, "'Course we are!"

I noticed Mike stare at something behind us with curiosity, so I swiveled, seeing the boys standing there beside the car awkwardly.

"Oh! Sorry!" I apologized, gesturing for the boys to come forward, which they did, looking at my brother with hesitance. His jet black hair and dark brown eyes could sometimes be a bit intimidating, but he was a teddy bear.

"Boys, this is my brother Mike," I introduced them, "Mike, these are my friends Louis, Harry, Zayn, Niall, and Liam."

The guys carefully shook Mike's hand, and Louis' eyes grew wider than saucers when he noticed the machete hooked onto my brother's belt loop.

"Oh, calm down ya wimp," I hit his shoulder, "Mike's a student at KU, his major is blacksmithing. A.K.A. He makes jewelry and knives and stuff."

Louis relaxed, but immediately tensed up again when Mike commented, "But I'm not afraid to use it."

"UGH, SHUT UP MIKE!" I reprimanded him, punching his shoulder, making him laugh a laugh that was specifically his; it reminded me slightly of Sheldon's laugh from the Big Bang Theory.

"Ignore him," I said to the boys, giving them an encouraging smile, "He wouldn't hurt a fly."

"So, Lady Munchkin of The Shortstack Forest," Mike addressed me using a nickname that he knew annoyed me to no end. Just because he's way too tall, does not mean that I'm short! "Wanna go inside? Mom and Dad will want to see you,"

"Oh, yeah, I came to pick up clothes for staying at Heathers." I said, as we walked up the very short brick walkway to the front door.

We went inside, the boys following the girls, Mike and I tentatively, aware of their new surroundings.

The living room was just inside the front door, separated from the kitchen by a wall that went halfway across the room straight in front of us. A hallway on my right about ten feet in front of me led the bathroom, my room, Mike's room, and my parents room. Like I said; small house.

"MOM, DAD, APRIL AND HER FRIENDS ARE HERE!" Mike shouted.

"April!" My mom said happily, appearing from the hallway, right as my dad entered the room from the kitchen.

I said hello, giving them each a hug along with the girls, before turning to introduce the boys. "Mom and Dad, these are Louis, Harry, Zayn, Niall, and Liam."

"They look really familiar," My mom said before her face changed slightly in shock, "Wait a minute aren't they that boyband that you and the girls love?"

"Yeah, they are," I said slightly blushing. "I came to pick up some more clothes."

"Would they like to stay for dinner?" My dad asked kindly; he was the cook of the family, and a fantastic one I might say.

"I was actually planning to make taverns," I said, "But if they guys are okay with it, then sure!"

I looked to the boys for assurance, and they all nodded with polite smiles, Liam saying, "That's very kind of you, Mr. Paige." He is such a kiss up.

My dad smiled widely, and I suggested, "Hey, how about I make a bigger batch of taverns, and we'll just have that for dinner?"

"Sounds good to me!" My mom replied.

"Cool!"

"I'll run to the store and get the ingredients so April can get her stuff together," Mike offered. He is the best big brother ever, I swear.

"Thanks big bro!" I said, giving him a side hug.

He hugged back, saying, "Anytime lil' sis," And then, he was off.

"Are you guys ready to experience the enigma that is April Paige in her natural habitat?" Kris asked with a mysterious tone as I led them to my room at the end of the hall.

"Just fair warning," I said, turning to face them before we entered my bedroom, "This is where I have grown up to be the strange person I am, so do not be alarmed by what you are about to witness. Also, don't judge me."

With that, I turned around and pushed open the mahogany door, exposing my bedroom to my new friends.

"Oh my god..." Harry trailed off as he and the boys stepped in, gazing around in wonder.

A few feet in front of the door was my bed, which wasn't made, as usual. The wall in front of us contained a window, where stacks of books sat that couldn't fit on my small bedside bookshelf. To the left, there was a couch pushed up against the wall in the corner of the room where my closet was, across from the window.

And almost every inch of wall was covered by an endless sea of posters.

"Well this is slightly creepy," Louis commented, looking at the north wall (to our left, with the couch) which was what I proclaimed my Wall of 1D. It was solid posters of them. Probably should have hidden those.

"Like I said, don't judge me!" I chuckled, slumping onto my bed, scooting down to the head of it. Kris sat on the other end, getting comfortable on one of my many blankets. Liam, Louis, and Harry were on the couch, Zayn perched on one arm, and Niall on the floor in front of Liam's legs.

"I'll give you the tour," I said, then motioned around my room, "Behind you is the Wall of 1D, behind me is the Random Celebrity Wall, to my right you see my SuperNatural, Doctor Who, Glee, and Various Other Nerdy Items Wall. Finally, to my left I have random little pictures that I have hung up in the space not taken up by my closet.

"April's room is the eighth wonder of the world," Kris commented.

"Wait are those-"

"DON'T JUDGE ME!" I yelled again jokingly as Liam stared at the large pile of stuffed animals in the corner of the the 1D Wall and the Nerdy Wall. I called it Mt. Stuffalump.

"April you're 18, why do you have tons of toys?" Zayn asked, laughing.

"Because I love them!" I defended, "They're my childhood!"

"Leverne is my favorite!" Kris shouted, so I stood up and walked over to the pile, grabbing a stuffed llama, and tossing it to her before sitting criss cross on my bed again.

"LEVERNE!" I chuckled as Krissy hugged the animal close to her chest, closing her eyes tightly with a big smile.

"I want a llama..." Louis trailed off quietly, causing a grin to explode on my face.

"Would a monkey be fine?" I asked with a silly smile.

He nodded with a matching expression, so I went to grab a pink monkey covered in red and purple hearts.

"Her name is Martha," I said, handing it to Louis slowly.

When he hugged the stuffed animal close to him, I once again went back to my seat.

"Whaddya wanna do?" Asked Rikki.

Everyone shrugged, "Want me to put some 'tunes on?" I offered.

Hearing their 'yes's I want to the desk in the corner that faced away from the couch, and sat down in front of my large Apple desktop computer.

"Any requests?"

"Queen?" Harry suggested.

"Good choice," With a few clicks of my mouse, I played Don't Stop Me Now on my iTunes, the song floating around my room.

"How many songs do you have on here?" Louis' voice was suddenly next to my ear, staring over my shoulder at the large screen.

"1,872." I replied, a bit shaken up by his closeness.

"Woah," He said, "You're the only person I've ever met that has more songs on their iTunes than Liam."

I chuckled, turning my head to face him, "My music collection is the music collection to end all music collections."

"I can see that," Louis replied distantly, his eyes roaming the list of songs I had gotten.

The bright light that the monitor emitted was glinting off of Louis' blue-green eyes in a way that made my heart beat quicken.

"I'M HOME!" I heard Mike shout from the living room, returned from his trip.

"OKAY!" I yelled back standing up, "Ladies and gentlemen, prepare for the greatest meal you will ever have in your entire life."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

A/N: Comment question of the week: what do you guys think of April's brother Mike? He's based off of my own brother ^.^ love ya, big bro

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 346 37
Have you ever loved someone so much you wanted to keep them hidden from the world and all to yourself? Well apparently that's called kidnapping.
3.8K 192 42
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. The problem is I don't know who my friends and enemies are anymore. One direction Fanfic Cupcakerr1...
51.5K 969 24
"How do you know when you have feelings for your best friend?" The one and only question that has been bothering these two inseparable friends. They...
64.2K 1.7K 24
Delilah had a difficult childhood with different foster family's have their way with her, she was abused by her biological parents! But what happens...