Texas and Wisconsin (A JJ Wa...

By The_Mind_of_Cici

JJ Watt is one of the NFL's best football players and he's only 25. He's put his personal life on hold for hi... More

Welcome Home
Not Your Normal Girl
Give Me a Chance
Welcome to my World
Getting Back to Nature
I Think I'm in Love
College Bound
Late Nights, Early Mornings
Dressed to the Nine's
Popping the Question
A New Plan
Starting Their Journey
Worth Fighting For
Whatever You Want
Bridals by Lori
Wedding Bells
Beside You
Graduation Day
The boys of Fall
This is a Family
Taking Bullets and Getting Promotions
Family Takes Care of its Own
Gowns and Galas
Baby Talk and Promotions
Bun in the Oven
The Announcement
Just Another Day
Double Dose of Cuteness
Peaceful Paradise
Today's the Day
She Awakes
Epilogue

Power Suits and Punny Quips

3.7K 55 2
By The_Mind_of_Cici

In Persian, we say ashk for tear.

"I shouldn't have gotten rid of all my heels and dress clothes," I sighed, failing to find anything appropriate for my official interview tomorrow.

"Baby, you don't have to dress formally for this interview. They already know you," JJ responded with a little bit of a laugh.

"I know that they know me, but I still want that good impression, Justin," I replied, walking out of the closet.

"Then I'm taking you shopping" JJ smirked, knowing how much I hated shopping.

"Fine," I sighed, pulling my boots on and walking towards the stairs.

"I love you, baby!" JJ yelled, chasing after me.

"I know you do!" I squealed when JJ threw me over his shoulder.

JJ grabbed my coat from the hook and shut the door behind us. He plopped me down in the front passenger's seat and walked over to the driver's side. Before he could open the door, I climbed into the driver's seat.

"Hey!" JJ exclaimed as I snatched the keys from his hands.

"I'm driving," I smirked, shutting the door.

"Should I trust you with my truck?" JJ quipped, getting into the passenger's seat.

"I learned to drive in a truck, Doll," I replied, driving down the road, "and until I get a new vehicle, I'm going to be using your truck."

"We're getting you a new vehicle soon, then," he teased back.

JJ fiddled with the radio as I drove towards the shops in downtown Tomball...the opposite direction of the city. After I got off the freeway, I felt really at home in my small town. I drove down the main drag and pulled into a spot once I found one. I hopped out of the truck and took in a deep breath of the small-town air. A huge smile came to my face as JJ joined my side.

"Ain't nothing like a small town, and it's cleaner air" I smiled as we walked across the street toward a little clothing store.

"Maybe we should move here then?" JJ suggested looking at me with my hand in his.

"No, if we do that, then this place is going to blow up even more than it has, and it'll lose the feel it has," I replied, thinking of the last house we saw a few days before.

"You're thinking of the last house we looked at, aren't you?" JJ asked as I rifled through the racks.

"It was perfect!" I exclaimed, looking at him with puppy dog eyes.

"Then let's pull the trigger on it. I loved it too, babe!" JJ smiled as I walked towards the changing rooms.

"Are you sure? It's a big commitment to buy a house together," I replied before shutting the door.

"I'm pretty sure us getting married is the biggest commitment," JJ chuckled with an unmistakable smile in his voice.

"True," I replied, walking out in the pencil skirt and dress shirt.

"It looks good, but if you want to show power, then go the suit you pulled with this top," a young woman replied, handing me a silk blouse.

"Thanks?" I replied skeptically.

"Sorry! My name's Nicole! I work here!" She exclaimed with a flush to her cheeks.

"Thank you," I laughed, walking back into the changing room.

A few minutes later, I walked back out in the suit. My pant legs dragged on the floor because I wasn't wearing heels, and my hair was all over the place. I turned and looked in the mirror and what I expected to see was not the same as the woman that stood in the mirror. I looked healthy, confident, and assertive.

"Here, try these" Nicole smiled at me, handing me black pumps.

I slipped them on my feet and turned towards JJ. The look on his face said it all. The outfit and shoes were the ones.

"Wrap it up!" I exclaimed with a giggle.

"Alright!" Nicole laughed and walked to the cash register to wait for me and JJ.

After changing back into my street clothes, I walked out with the suit, blouse, and pumps. I pulled out my credit card to pay, but JJ beat me to it like always. I shook my head as I chuckled.

"Bye!" Nicole called as we walked out of the store.

"Thank you!" I called back.

We walked across the street to the truck and put my clothes in the back seat. We walked around town for a while and then went home.

Next-Day at Kat's Interview

"So, Kat, you just recently got your trainer's license; what makes you think you've got what it takes to be our only female trainer?" Coach asked me, looking at my resume.

"Well, Sir, I may not have prior experience as a trainer, but I do have the skills to motivate my clients. I will not cower in their presence when they try to intimidate me," I replied honestly.

"What makes you capable of such a feat?" He inquired, looking at me.

"I've been trained athletically by men my entire life, and I hold my ground when I need to. I also challenge my workout partners all the time," I responded with a smile.

"Based on what I've read and heard from your references and the time I've spent with you, you've got the job" Coach smiled, standing to shake my hand.

"Thank you, Sir. When do I start?" I smiled back, shaking his hand.

"Tomorrow," he responded as we walked out.

"Alright. Then I will see you tomorrow. Also, are you wanting me to go on the road with y'all and to be here for games as well?" I smiled kindly.

"We would like to have you at all the games if possible. We are aware of your job with the Marines and that occasionally you will be unable to be at the games. Also, your position will be here for you when you return from Parris Island, whenever that may be."

"Thank you so much, Coach. I am seriously looking forward to working with the team" I smiled as we reached JJ.

"You've got an amazing fiancé, JJ. Make sure none of the boys ruin it for you," Coach joked.

"They couldn't get her away from me if they tried. She'd beat them to a pulp before they could get anywhere," JJ joked back.

"Good to know you'll be able to hold your own if one of the guys goes berserk" Coach laughed and walked back down the hall we'd just left.

"You got the job!" JJ yelled, picking me up and spinning me around.

"Yes, I did," I laughed as he set me down.

I walked towards the exit with JJ in tow with the biggest smile on my face.

"Kat!" JJ called, causing me to turn back to him.

As I did so, he snapped a picture of me and started typing away at his screen. A moment later, my phone vibrated with a notification.

The picture he'd taken was captioned, "Baby Girl got the job now she gets to kick the whole team into gear. #sore #NoPainNoGain"

"Awe, come on, JJ! Can't we go one day without you posting something about me!" I teased, climbing into the passenger's seat of the truck and slipping on my boots.

"How can I not post stuff about you? You're so amazing, and I want to share that awesomeness with the world" JJ smiled as I pulled out of our spot and started towards JJ's.

"You're so stupid!" I joked, shaking my head.

"Stupidly in love," he quipped with a goofy grin.

"I'm marrying a weirdo, just great!" I exclaimed in a teasing tone.

"Takes one to know one!" JJ retorted, sticking his tongue out at me.

"Hey, that's my line!" I exclaimed, giving him a fake mad face.

"Should have copyrighted it then!" JJ smirked, causing me to smile.

"How bout I put my boot up your ass?" I retorted, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Nah, that's uncomfortable," JJ laughed with a smirk.

"Only you, Justin. Only you," I smiled, looking out the window and watching our home go by.

"You ready to celebrate this job by finally getting you a new car?"

"You want to get me a new vehicle right now?"

"Yes, we're doing this right now," JJ laughed, turning onto dealer row.

"Do you even know what I like?" I laughed as we drove down the road.

"Your dad drives a Dodge, and you're a Daddy's Girl, so I'm going to say, Dodge," he smirked at me.

"Well, you're not wrong," I laughed as he pulled into the Dodge dealership.

I smiled as he pulled into a parking spot and turned off the truck. As we got out, I knew instantly what I wanted, so this should be pretty quick, at least I hope it will be. JJ took my hand in his as we walked towards the dealership floor. As I looked around at what was here, I could feel the excitement of finally getting a new vehicle that I personally got to choose and wasn't a hand-me-down.

"Hi, my name is Tommy. How can I help y'all today?" a salesman smiled, walking up to us as we walked into the sales floor.

"Yeah, we're looking to get my fiance here a new car since she just moved back out here, and we decided to leave her car in Arizona" JJ smiled, hugging me closer to him.

"What are you looking for, Ma'am?" Tommy smiled, leading us over to a desk.

"Well, we live close to some tremendous off-roading spots, and I have to carry a lot of stuff for work. I'd like something more extensive like a truck, an SUV, or a Jeep because I am absolutely tired of having a small car.

"I think we can definitely find you something that will be to your liking," he smiled again, "Do we have a color preference and a price point?"

"Price is no issue, and I'm pretty sure that she's going to say blue since it is her favorite color" JJ smiled, causing me to shake my head at his comment.

"I would like to keep it under fifty thousand because we are in the process of buying a new home, and he is right, but I'd like more of an aqua blue, one that seems to change colors in the light" I smiled.

"My daughters call them mermaid cars, so I know exactly what you're talking about when you describe the color," he smiled.

"I also call it that," I laughed, looking at JJ, who was trying not to laugh.

"Alright, let's go look at some vehicles," Tommy smiled, standing up.

"Sounds good," we both smiled, standing up and following him outside.

We test drove about five different vehicles. None of them were really what I wanted until we were shown a 2015 Aqua Blue Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara with a removable hardtop. It was perfect! The suspension was rough, but that was something I could fix later on. The interior was a waterproof mesh. It had laser-cut hard rubber floor mats along with a hard plastic dash that I wouldn't be worried about scratching like wood or leather.

"I really like this one," I beamed when we pulled back into the dealership.

"Obviously, we'll need to do some work to it so that it's exactly the way you want it, but I have to agree with you, Babe" JJ smiled.

"Do you want to go inside and start the paperwork?" Tommy asked with a smile, happy with the way we were responding to the Jeep.

"Yeah, sounds good with me," JJ responded after getting a nod of approval from me.

I put the Jeep in park where Tommy instructed me, and we went inside to fill out the purchasing paperwork. After about twenty minutes, we were approved for the car and walked outside to a freshly cleaned car and a big red bow on the hood. JJ and I took a picture with Tommy and my new truck. I was beyond excited to drive my new car home and sit down with JJ to talk about what all I wanted to do with my new ride.

"Are you excited about you're new truck?" JJ laughed as I got into my new truck.

"Yes, I'm very excited about my new truck. Thank you, Baby," I smiled, giving him a kiss, "I'll see you at home."

"See you at home, baby," he replied, shutting the door and walking to his truck.

I am no longer available for things that make me feel like shit. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 3.5K 41
Samantha Coldwell knew JJ Watt before he was the famous defensive end from the Houston Texans. As a matter of fact, she believes they are soulmates.T...
989 28 13
T.J. Yates or the Houston Texans has always been more than a bit over protective of his baby sister Scarlet Rose. The only problem is that instead o...
665K 16.6K 44
Madison Rosales is not your typical 22- year-old. While everyone her age is out graduating college? She's only getting started. While everyone is out...
1.6K 20 18
From the day that they first met J.J. Watt felt drawn to the half blind girl known as Grace Gwenivere Teller. She was the daughter of an army Sargent...