Just Another Day

Understanding is more profound than knowledge. Many people know you, but very few who understand you.

"Hey, baby, how are you feeling?" JJ asked, walking up to Kat as she finished getting ready for work that day.

"I'm doing okay, just really tired" Kat smiled up at JJ from her seat on the edge of the couch so she could get her heels on even though she hated how they felt on her swollen feet.

"Baby, why are you wearing heels to work? You're almost five months pregnant with twins," JJ asked, noticing she was putting on six-inch stilettos and seemed unhappy about her footwear.

"I still wear heels because I can, and the only other thing I could wear is running shoes. And that's not going to happen because that would just look bad with my work clothes" Kat smiled at him as she stood up, ignoring the annoyance she was feeling from her body.

"We could get you a bunch of flats," JJ suggested, knowing what her response was going to be, mostly because he was so much taller than her.

"You know I find them uncomfortable," Kat laughed, shaking her head at JJ's response.

"Yeah, that's true. What about some nice shows like Vans or Addidas? I'm picking up Mom and Dad at noon and Ma and Pa at five. Do you need me to do anything else?" JJ questioned as she picked up her bag for work, which would involve visiting the local CIA office before the Texans office.

"No, I'm picking up Blaze from daycare at three, and then I'm making dinner at 5:30. I like that idea, Babe, we may need to go shopping after the appointment tomorrow. Are any of the guys going to be here for dinner, so I know how much to make?" Kat asked as she walked up the stairs to get Blaze, already knowing she would be feeding an army for dinner tonight.

"Our brothers, Rae, and the kids, but I'm not sure about any of the guys on the team," JJ replied, knowing what she was thinking.

"Let me know, oh and Junie, Pharell, and Jaelen are going to be here as well," Kat spoke, coming down the stairs with Blaze following after her.

"So, it's a party?" JJ laughed, realizing how many people were going to be in their home.

"Basically, I've got twenty steaks marinating in the fridge. Please, have Dad have them on the grill by 5" Kat smiled as she and Blaze walked out the door to head for her 4Runner.

"Alright, I'll see you at work; I love you!" JJ called after her, knowing he would be about forty minutes behind her.

"I love you, too!" Kat smiled as she buckled Blaze into his car-seat, glancing up to their front door where JJ stood watching her.

As they left, a huge smile came across Kat's face as she thought about how blessed she was. She was happy with her life and was always excited to go to work, come home, and spend time with her family. Since she was pregnant, she hadn't left on a mission yet, but Kat knew that she'd be ready when the time came. Kat had been going into the CIA office three times a week to help plan active missions and guide her operatives safely through their jobs.