Baby Talk and Promotions

Her Silence: Never ever mistake her silence for weakness. Remember that sometimes the air stills, before the onset of a hurricane.. - Nikita Gill.

"Blaze, do you want to go around DC with me while I go see a few people?" Kat asked her son as she made breakfast in the little kitchen of the house they stay in a while in DC.

"Really?" Blaze exclaimed with syrup and pancakes all over his face.

"Yeah, Daddy's going to be busy, and Junie is just going to stay here with Pharell so that she can rest up before tonight" Kat smiled at her son.

"Birthday Ice Cream?" Blaze asked as Kat cleaned his face off.

"Yes, we can get ice cream for your second birthday," Kat smiled.

"Yay!" Blaze jumped up from his seat and took off for his room with Kat not far behind him.

Kat dressed Blaze in a white T-shirt, green flannel, navy coat, jeans, a pair of Timberland's with stud's on the sides, a white beanie, and a black spiked backpack that he chose. After she finished dressing Blaze, she got into her uniform and put her hair into a neat military bun.

As they left the little house that they all had to come to love whenever in DC, Kat remembered the year before they first had to go to DC as a family

Just like last year, this year, it was only after Valentine's day and around Blaze's birthday. This year, however, Kat was taking Blaze with her for her meeting with the President. She knew he would be super excited about that.

"So, how do you feel about being here again?" Kat asked Blaze as they got into their truck that stayed in DC.

"It's cool! Are you leaving again?" his innocent voice asked.

"So far, I shouldn't have to be shipped out for a mission, but who knows, Baby" Kat smiled sadly at her son.

"We missed you," Blaze admitted.

"I know, Baby, and I missed all of you too," she replied, stopping outside of her first meeting with her commanding officer.

"Who we seeing?" Blaze asked.

"Master Sergeant Summers," Kat answered as she held the door open for her son.

"I like him!" Blaze exclaimed as her boss came into view.

"Hey Blaze, Corporal Watt, how are y'all today?" Summers asked as they sat down across from him at the coffee shop.

"Good!" Blaze grinned as Summers slid a hot chocolate over to him.

"We're doing good. How's the family?" Kat smiled as she took a sip of the coffee Summers got her.

"The family's doing well. How's JJ?"

"He's doing good. He's meeting with Tom Condon since Tom is in DC, and it was kind of the only time they could sit down and discuss what their next move is," Kat replied.