Epilogue

Everyone wants a strong woman until she actually stands up, flexes her muscles, projects her voice. Suddenly, she is too much. She has forgotten her place. You love those women as ideas, as fantasies. Not as breathing, living humans threatening to be even better than you could ever be.

One Year Later

"And today with us, we have JJ and Kat Watt!" Ellen DeGeneres exclaimed as a rap song played for their entrance.

JJ and Kat waved as they walked out to the couch to sit and talk with Ellen about their crazy year. They both gave her a hug, and as the music ended, they all took their seats.

"Wow, this is crazy! Being on your show has been on my bucket list for the longest time, but I always thought I'd be in the audience and not a guest," Kat breathed as everyone quieted down

"Are you serious?" Ellen exclaimed.

"Completely! I love your show, and you and Portia are so cute together!" Kat cooed.

"Thank you!" Ellen smiled, "So you two have had a crazy past couple of years, not that your entire marriage hasn't been crazy, but there's been a lot that has happened in the past couple of years for you two."

"Yeah, it has been crazy, to say the least, but we wouldn't want it any other way," JJ smiled.

"So, before you retired and took the job as Assistant Head Coach for your team, you ended up making it to the Super Bowl and winning. What was that like?"

"It was amazing! It was a great way to end twelve years as a player for The Texans and was the icing on top of the cake of blessings we received over the past year."

"I don't think I could have wished for a better end to his career as a player because that achievement is something so many haven't been able to achieve" Kat smiled.

"Is it true that a month before the Super Bowl, before you even would know if you were in or not, you two went and picked up your beautiful daughter from an orphanage in Egypt?" Ellen asked as a picture of Ayah popped up on the screen.

"We actually went on my by-week so that we weren't in a rush. We were blessed enough to have been able to take Blaze with us. We decided to leave the twins home with Kat's mom. We didn't feel they were quite ready for an international flight that wasn't to Mexico or Canada" JJ smiled at the picture of their little girl.

"So, tell us about that whole process of adopting another child a year after having your twins."

"We always intended to adopt another child. We were going to wait until the twins were about three because that would have been when we'd try for a little girl. Still, after the scare we'd had with the twins' birth, JJ didn't feel comfortable with the idea of me carrying another child when it went badly. I had convinced him to allow my OB and me to see if I would even be able to carry another child, which come to find out a year later I wouldn't be able to," Kat replied.