Gowns and Galas

The Girl Who Was Afraid To Be: She speaks to me fondly of passions and talents, guitars and stars, then stops short and apologizes for speaking at all. All because somewhere in her life, someone she loved broke her heart by ignoring her beautiful words and telling her to shut up, keep it down, nobody cares. People aren't born sad. We make them that way. -Nikita Gill

"Good morning, this is Mario Lopez with ESPN Hollywood, and to begin today's show, let's talk about the Houston Texans. It has recently come out that Katherine Watt, JJ Watt's wife, has been given the team's position. Not only is she the youngest GM in NFL history, but she is the first female GM. Now, many people are trying to say that she got the position because she's married to one of the players. Still, Jim McNair recently sat down with me to set things straight, and here is the footage" Mario Lopez smiled at the camera beginning a new segment.

"So, Jim, tell me why you chose Lance Corporal Watt to be the new General Manager for your team?" Mario asked in the interview.

"Kat is an amazing woman that has turned the team into a family. She doesn't take any of the guys shit when they are trying throwing stuff at her, and she puts them in their place. Kat is naturally skilled at taking charge and getting things done. We hired her as our GM because of these things, not because she's married to JJ Watt. I've known this woman for almost five years now, and it doesn't matter to me who she's married to!" Jim replied.

"So, is it true that she brings her and JJ's adopted son, Blaze, to the office every day?" Mario smiled.

"Oh yeah, she does, and we all love it. She even hired the young woman that they took under their wing to be her secretary, and let me tell you that there is nothing that can't get done between Kat and Junie. I watched Strong try hitting on Junie, and she just looked at him, got up, walked around him, and went back to work. Kat just laughed at the entire situation." Jim chuckled, relaying the story.

"What's the craziest thing that has happened since Kat and Junie came into the office?" Mario asked with a mischievous grin.

"I think the day that Junie went into labor in the office was the craziest. Many of the guys completely freaked out because they didn't know what to do, and while they were all running around like chickens with their heads chopped off, Kat calmly grabbed Junie's office go-bag, picked up Blaze, and walked them out to her truck. They were halfway to the hospital before even JJ realized that they were gone." Jim chuckled, remembering that day.

"Couldn't she just have had the baby there? Your facilities are equipped for anything, and many of your employees are capable of assisting in the labor." Mario questioned.

"Yes, but Kat and Junie had agreed that if Junie ever went into labor at the office, they would take her to the hospital so that she could be comfortable. It's not the best environment to have a baby." Jim replied truthfully.

"Well, thank you for coming in and talking to me today." Mario smiled, shaking Jim's hand.

"It was my pleasure." Jim smiled.

As the clip ended, Kat shut off the TV in the kitchen and finished feeding Blaze his breakfast and making a bottle for Pharrell so that Junie didn't have to. As Junie walked into the room Kat's phone started to ring. The two women were there for each other during significant firsts in their lives and were quick to help one another.