Worth Fighting For

If they couldn't show up for you, it has nothing to do with you. -Mark Groves

"Get out of my house, Dominic! I moved out here to get away from you and to be with the man I love! Get the fuck out before JJ comes home and beats the shit out of you himself!" Kat yelled, inching towards one of her hidden guns, not wanting to get close to Dominic.

"Kat, I'm home!" JJ called as the front door closed, making Kat feel relieved and worried.

"Don't say anything about my presence, or I swear I'll kill him," Dominic hissed, stepping towards Kat.

"Hey, Honey! How was your seminar?" Kat called using their code word when she discovered the gun wasn't there, and she realized that the gun pointed at her was her own.

"It was good, babe! Very educational!" JJ called back as he dialed 911, with knots in his stomach.

"Call him in here," Dominic ordered, with his finger on the trigger.

"Hey, J, can you come here? I'm in the kitchen," Kat called, alerting him to the danger by calling him by his first initial instead of JJ or Justin.

"Yeah, I'll be right in there!" He replied, walking into the kitchen, prepared for whatever he walked into.

As he walked through the door to the kitchen, he discovered Dominic standing across the island with a gun trained on him. Dominic waved him towards Kat without saying a word. Anger boiled in his blood as he stared at the man that had tormented Kat for four years before they met.

"How about you put the gun away and walk out of our house, man? We won't press charges," JJ spoke, trying to de-escalate the situation

"Shut up! I don't want to hear a word out of your girlfriend stealing mouth, JJ! Now, where's your phone?" Dominic yelled, stepping closer to the couple.

"He can't answer that question if you told him not to speak, Dom," Kat interjected, putting herself between the two men.

"Only if I ask questions can he speak, happy?" Dominic growled, his lip curling in anger.

"I left it in the truck. I was going to go and get it after I showered," JJ lied in response, knowing that it was in his pocket with 911 silently listening.

"Fine! Now you're going to let me walk out this house with Kat, and if you follow, I'll kill her!" Dominic replied, walking around the island to grab Kat, forgetting her training.

"I will never stop fighting you for as long as I live if you take me from JJ! The day you raped me, you lost my love! I decided then that I would never let anything like that happen again! I hate you and everything about you!" Kat yelled, refusing to move, knowing that her life would be in grave danger if she stopped fighting him.

As she finished, the cops busted in, and Kat kicked the gun out of Dominic's hand. She caught it and trained it on Dominic's head. Her hands didn't waver as she glared down the barrel of her gun at his surprised face.