Peaceful Paradise

Sometimes life doesn't give you what you want, not because you don't deserve it, but because you deserve so much more.

"You got the picture I sent you?" Kat asked her mom with a smile.

"Yeah, I did. The girls look so cute with JJ!" She exclaimed with an unmistakable smile in her voice.

"Have Jacob and Rae had any luck with the adoption agency?" Kat asked, hoping that she could talk to Nimiru about their application.

"They finished filling out all of the paperwork they needed to fill out before they had to get on the plane today. Hopefully, everything goes well," Mama Hurley answered, knowing what her daughter was thinking.

"I'll make sure to call Nimiru and put in a good word for them" Kat smiled brightly, knowing that they were the type of couple that the agency prayed for.

"Hey, Babe, we need to go to the airport to pick up Jacob and Rae. They should be landing soon" JJ smiled as he walked into the kitchen where Kat was finishing up some dishes while talking to her mom on the phone.

"Alright, Babe," Kat smiled at him, "Hey, Mom, I've got to go pick up Jacob and Rae from the airport. I'll talk to you later."

"Love you, Honey," Mama Hurley replied with a smile.

"Love you too," Kat replied as she hung up, excited to see her best friend.

Kat finished cleaning the last of the dishes and then slipped on her sandals because she couldn't be bothered to try and put on sneakers. As Kat went out to the truck to help put the kids in the car, she was greeted with all three kids already in their car seats and ready to go. She smiled and shook her head as she climbed into the front passenger seat. JJ never ceased to amaze her.

"What's so funny?" JJ asked, glancing at Kat, as they drove down the driveway

"Nothing, you're just an amazing dad, and you always have the kids loaded up and ready to go so that I don't have to stress about it" Kat smiled at JJ, feeling blessed.

"It was something that your mom had mentioned your dad doing for her. I know you are much better at time management than your mom was, but if rounding up the kids helps you out, then I'm going to do it" JJ smiled as they pulled out onto the main street.

"You're amazing, Babe" Kat smiled brightly at him, feeling grateful for meeting JJ the summer before college.

"Mama?" Blaze spoke from the very back where he sat with Saraphina, bringing the couple's attention back to their kids.

"Yeah, Baby, what's up?" Kat asked, looking back at him as best she could with the seatbelt over her large belly.

"Why you and Daddy want me?" He asked curiously, telling Kat and JJ where his line of questioning was going.

"Well, Baby, Daddy and I weren't allowed to get pregnant with a baby because of my job, but we really wanted one. We had always dreamed of adopting a child one day because there are so many beautiful babies out there that don't have homes. When Miss Nimiru showed us your picture, we fell in love with you right away, so we asked for you. Do you understand?" Kat answered truthfully, hoping he would understand that they chose him.