College Bound

When you can't sleep or breathe, find a place within yourself where you can rest. When you can't face the day ahead, find a place within yourself where you feel safe.

I rolled over in bed as my alarm went off the day I was supposed to go home to Arizona. As I tried to crawl out of bed to take a shower, JJ pulled me back into him.

"Five more minutes?" JJ murmured in my ear.

"I have to leave for the airport in thirty minutes, J. I need to take a shower before I go," I replied, trying in vain to wriggle out of his arms.

"You smell fine. You don't need to shower," JJ whispered with his nose tucked into the crook of my neck.

"Kat, JJ, it's time to get up! Kat, you've got less than thirty minutes before we've got to go," Jacob spoke, walking into my room.

"I know, but JJ won't let me get up!" I exclaimed with an exasperated sigh.

"Dude, you've got to let her get ready. As soon as she gets home, she has to drive right over to campus to get settled in" Jacob laughed at JJ.

With a disappointed sigh, JJ let me go, and I rushed into my bathroom.

When I emerged fifteen minutes later, he was still lying on my bed. I tightened my towel around my body and slipped my underwear and basketball shorts on. I clasped my bra on, and once it was situated, I pulled my towel off.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to that," JJ stated from my bed.

"Get used to what?" I questioned, searching the room for my T-shirt.

"You getting ready after a shower without the towel slipping off," JJ replied with a smirk like he knew something I didn't.

"I've been doing it for years. JJ, what did you do with my shirt? I had it laid out with the rest of my clothes for today," I exclaimed, spinning around to face him.

"You mean this one?" JJ asked, holding up my grey graduation shirt.

"Justin, give me my shirt!" I yelled with a giggle.

"Nah, I think I'll keep it!" JJ yelled back, running out of my room into my brother's living room.

"JJ! Jacob, help me!" I yelled, chasing after him.

"JJ, please give her back her shirt!" Jacob exclaimed, walking out of his room.

"If I give it back, then she'll be ready to leave, and I don't want her to leave!" JJ responded, just managing to keep my shirt out of reach when I was on his back.

"Think of it this way; the sooner she leaves, the sooner y'all can see each other again," Jacob responded.

JJ sighed and handed the shirt to me. I slid off his back and landed softly on my feet. I slowly pulled it over my head and walked back to my room to grab my bags. When I walked back out a few minutes later, my two guys stood there silently. Their faces said everything. They didn't want me to leave but knew I had to go. I sighed and walked towards the door before I could change my mind. I could hear their footsteps following me out and down the stairs to the basement parking lot.