Welcome to my World

The sound of your voice and the way you speak is beautiful. How you laugh can just make me melt; how you make me feel like my world has paused is gorgeous.

"Oh, come on! How have you never been to Sam Houston Race Park?" I exclaimed, looking at JJ with wide eyes, now wanting to go to the track.

"I've always been busy," JJ responded with a shrug, not thinking I would call him out on his statement.

"Oh, bullshit! You've gone down to Galveston, but you don't have time to go down to the track that's thirty minutes from your house?" I challenged, raising an eyebrow at him.

"I don't know how to respond," he replied, rubbing the back of his neck, with a blush to his cheeks.

"We're going!" I declared, grabbing my bag, refusing to be talked out of watching a few races tonight.

"Right now? It's 9 already!" JJ exclaimed, looking at me in surprise, clearly never having gone to a race before.

"The races don't end until around midnight, JJ. It's the summer, which is their best season. They do night racing," I replied getting antsy, and more excited about possibly seeing someone I used to know.

"Alright! Alright! Let's go!" JJ exclaimed, throwing cash into the bill and getting up, now as excited as I was.

We walked out of the restaurant, chatting casually, and were bum-rushed by paparazzi. I smiled politely as JJ helped me into the truck so that I wouldn't accidentally flash the cameras. He quickly got into the driver's seat, and we took off towards the track once the photographers had gotten out of the way.

"Oh my gosh, that was so crazy!" I breathed with a small giggle, oddly not feeling anxious about the whole situation.

"Yeah, that was! That normally never happens!" He replied with a chuckle, looking over at me nervously.

"Seriously?" I squeaked as I looked at him in complete shock.

"Yeah. Granted, I normally don't have a girl with me," he replied shyly, reminding me that JJ didn't date.

"Oh, well, that makes sense," I stated as we pulled off the freeway, with a shrug of my shoulders, not bothered by the thought.

The next few minutes we spent in comfortable silence, as I watched the trees go by. JJ pulled up to the valet parking, and we hopped out. After he'd paid for the tickets in and we'd gotten inside, I turned to JJ.

 After he'd paid for the tickets in and we'd gotten inside, I turned to JJ