Ruin Me - The Vampire Diaries

By MarinaAzevedo5

Sasha Gilbert is Jeremy Gilbert's twin sister and Elena Gilbert's little sister. She is the type of person th... More

Season One
Cast
Playlist
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
Season 2
Playlist
01
02
03
04
05
07
08
09
10
11
Season 3
Playlist
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08

06

727 13 3
By MarinaAzevedo5

The Vampire Diaries

S2 Ep11

"Do you really think she's going to take the moonstone with her?", Sasha asks Jeremy while they both sit on his bed. Jeremy is telling her about his and Bonnie's plan to see if they could trust Elena not to go on any more suicide missions.

"I don't want her to, but we need to know if she will so we can keep her safe", Jeremy sighs.

"And you get Bonnie here as a bonus right?", Sasha can't help but tease her brother.

Jeremy grabs a pillow and throws it at her head. Sasha dodges the pillow and starts laughing. "You're so annoying", Jeremy grumbles before getting up and heading into Elena's room where she and Bonnie are talking about their new plan to de-spell the moonstone. Sasha follows him to the room trying to contain her smile.

"What are you guys arguing about?", Jeremy asks at the older girl's raised voices.

"We're not arguing", Bonnie states before grabbing the moonstone off the bed and tucking it in her bag. "I'm getting coffee". Sasha moves to let Bonnie pass leaving the siblings alone in the room.

"Why are you trying to get yourself killed?", Jeremy asks angrily. Sasha understands why he's upset with the situation. They all lost their parents, and Jeremy lost Anna and Vicki. He didn't want to lose anyone else.

"I'm trying to keep all of you safe Jer", Elena pleads with them.

"Sacrificing yourself to Klaus isn't going to keep any of us safe", Sasha sadly states before walking downstairs with her brother. If Elena kept trying to give herself up all the people that cared about her were going to constantly put themselves in harm's way to save her. KIt wasn't going to keep anyone safe.

Bonnie and Sasha grab a coffee in the kitchen. Sasha wants to ask her so badly if Bonnie also has feelings for Jeremy but if she did Jeremy would probably kill her. The two girls turn around when they hear creaking coming from the stairs. They walk towards it, only to see Elena walking towards the door. "Where are you going?", Sasha asks her innocently.

"To see Stefan", Elena replies with the slightest delay, a cue that she was lying.

"Your lying", Bonnie tells her.

"No I'm not", Elena laughs off the accusation.

"You are a terrible liar sis", Sasha tells her sadly.

"She took the moonstone", Jeremy announces coming down the stairs.

Elena looks at all of them in turn, "How did you-".

"We tested you", Sasha replies. "And you failed.".

Elena's face shows how angry she is. "Klaus killed Katherine's entire family just because she crossed him. Do you guys understand that? I'm not letting that happen". Sasha and Bonnie move out of the way to let Elena pass. Elena opens the door but as she tries to walk outside there is an invisible wall of air keeping her in. Elena tries pushing against it but is unsuccessful.

"What did you do?", the question is directed at Bonnie.

"It's for the best", Bonnie says regretfully.

****

Sasha was making herself a cup of tea in the kitchen stressing about everything. Elena, Stefan, Tyler, Jeremy. It was like they could never catch a break.

"You can stare as much as you like, but that tea won't show you anything", a voice interrupted her thoughts. Sasha felt a shiver run down her spine at said voice. Taking a deep breath, Sasha turned around to face him.

"What are you doing here Damon?".

"Came to check on our house arrest. See if she was behaving, and if you were on top of things", Damon smirked at her overexaggerated eye role. 

"I'm on top of things don't worry", Sasha went to grab her tea but Damon placed his arms around her on the counter, blocking her path. Her heart halted at his proximity.

"Are you going to just stand there staring at the wall", Sasha could hear the taunting smile on his face. Stilling her breath she knew he could hear, Sasha turned around to face him.

"Do you want anything else?"

Damon smirks down at her. "Where's our little witch?".

"I thought she was with you", Sasha hadn't seen the older girl since they tapped Elena in the house.

"No. She's on moonstone duty.", Damon walked closer into her personal space toying with a piece of her hair.

"Arhm", Jeremy's voice comes from the living room. Sasha jumps up trying to get away from Damon but he just stands there staring at her brother.

"Run along little Gilbert, nothing to see", Damon taunts. Sasha can see the anger in her brother's eyes.

"Who's taking care of Tyler Lockwood and the full moon?", Jeremy asks Damon. He had clearly been listening in to their conversation.

Sasha's heart stops at his words. "Today is the full moon?". Both boys look at her with a confused look, but they nod their affirmation.

"Vampire blondie asked to take care of that personally", Damon answered Jeremy not really letting his eyes travel away from Sasha. But the girl was barely paying attention. Today was a full moon which meant Tyler was going to turn, for the first time ever and she wasn't going to be there for him. Because she was lying to him. Sasha moved Damon's arm and walked towards the stairs. She could've sworn that Damon was going to reach out for her but his phone rang.

Sasha entered her room falling against the door. She was terrified for him. Picking up the phone, she dialed Charlotte's phone number. Her friend picked up on the second ring.

"Hey, Sasha! What's up?", Charlotte asked cheerfully.

"Today is the full moon", Sasha breathes out.

"Is Tyler alone?", Charlotte never liked the older boy but since Sasha and him became just friends he was slightly more tolerable.

"Caroline is with him.", Sasha can't keep the sadness from her voice. She should be the one to help him through everything.

"You told me everything when you weren't supposed to and everything turned out fine".

"It's different circumstances", Sasha bites on her thumbnail trying to keep the anxiousness at bay.

"Well, I think it's stupid. I should have a conversation with Stefan and make him see the facts".

"Well", Sasha cringes at forgetting to tell her friend about Stefan, "That's gonna be pretty hard since he's stuck in the tomb with Katherine".

There is silence on the other side of the line before an indignant shriek comes through. "He's what? Why didn't you tell me?".

"I'm so sorry Lottie I completely forgot".

"We have to go check on him? Is he ok?", Charlotte asks in rapid fire.

"Damon put a ban on us going near the tomb since Katherine is there", Sasha had tried to convince him otherwise, she wanted to make sure that Stefan was ok, but Damon had been very adamant about staying clear of Katherine.

"Screw what that asshole says! We're going to visit Stefan right now. Let him try and stop me". Sasha smiles at her friend's antics. "I'll be over at your house in 10 minutes you better be ready". Charlotte hangs up before Sasha has the chance to answer her. Sasha smiles down at the phone.

****

"This is low-key creepy", Charlotte murmurs as the two girls make their way down to the tomb.

"What did you expect of a literal prison for vampires?", Sasha snickers.

"I don't know but this is giving me the creeps".

"You're the one that insisted we came".

"Clearly I'm Stefan's only true friend", Charlotte bats off Sasha's playful hits. The two girls stop in front of the open door to the tomb.

"Stefan", Sasha calls out into the dark. The two girls wait expectantly for their friend to make himself visible.

"Sasha?", his voice comes out before Stefan appears at the entrance of the tomb. Sasha sags in relief and starts rushing toward him for a hug. "Don't!", Stefan practically shouts making Sasha stop dead in her tracks. A shadow comes behind Stefan before gliding her manicured nails over his chest. Sasha is struck by the face that is so similar to her sister but so different. It's the eyes. Elena always glimmers with hope and happiness, but these ones are devoid of any emotion like they were long ago erased.

"Why Stefan be more welcoming to our guests", Katherine smirks at the girls. "If it isn't the other little Gilbert and her annoying little friend", Charlotte glares at her. "How much did you have to argue with Damon to come here? Or was he too preoccupied with our doppelgänger to notice you were gone?". Sasha's entire body starts shaking. Katherine knew too much about everyone's weaknesses and she was really good at exploiting them.

"We came here to check on Stefan not to hear your sorry attempts at riling is up with stupid shit", Charlotte grabs Sasha's hand to give her some encouragement. It was still weird to see Elena's face on someone else.

Katherine just smiles at her. "Should we get Matt here then?", her smile becomes downright evil in a matter of seconds. Sasha's head whips in Charlotte's direction. Was she missing something? Charlotte's face had a clear red tinge, which meant she was hiding something.

"Enough Katherine", Stefan practically shoves her off him. "Sasha, Charlotte what are you guys doing here? It's not safe and I'm sure Damon didn't let you".

"I don't need Damon's permission to do anything", Sasha tells him with a voice that sounds calmer than she is. "We just wanted to see you".

Stefan stops at the vulnerability in her voice. He gives her a small smile. "Well as long as you stay on that side, we can talk for a bit". Both girls smile at that before spitting down on the floor as close as possible to the tomb door.

Katherine looks at the three of them all happy and smiley and she wants to gag. But the look on Sasha's face made her stop from retreating to the shadows. Taking hesitant steps, she sits near Stefan and listens in to the conversation between the three. It's like they are family.

****

Sasha makes it back home before the sky darkens completely. Her and Charlotte stayed with Stefan for quite some time just talking and keeping him company. Katherine also joined although she was less forthcoming with conversation as to be expected. But she did stay and Sasha couldn't help but notice the glimmer of happiness in her eyes. It was small and floating but she was sure it was there. When Katherine wasn't plotting to take them all down she was actually quite nice to be around.

Sasha unlocks the door to her house and is met with Jenna halfway into the closest under the stairs shifting through tons of boxes.

"Hey, Jenna. What are you doing?", Sasha asks tentatively. 

"Oh, perfect timing", Jenna beams up at her plopping a box on Sasha's arms. 

Sasha staggers back with the heaviness. "Oh. Ok. Uhm, Jenna, what is this?". Sasha looks at the box that's filled with files. Some are new but some are ancient. 

"Your mom's files from the Historical Society. I got roped into helping Mrs.Lockwood.", Sasha smiled knowing how easy it is to get roped into things by that woman. She had a natural superpower. "And by roped, I mean very excited to participate", Jenna continues speaking to someone but Sasha is the only person in the room. Jenna closes the closet door and Sasha is face to face with Elijah. Just like in her room Sasha gasps and stumbles back letting some files drop on the floor. Her heart starts beating so fast that the only thing she can hear is her pulse.

Their eyes meet and he gives her. chilling smile. "Hey. I'm Elijah". Sasha can barely breathe much less respond. Was he here to take Elena away?

Jenna removes the box from her arms. "Elijah's in town doing research on Mystic Falls". 

He starts walking towards her with swagger. He invades her personal space and extends a hand. "It's a pleasure". The smirk he gives her is a taunting one. Sasha tries calming down her heart but his closeness makes that impossible. With a shaky hand, she reaches out to shake his. 

Aunt Jenna keeps on talking, oblivious to the tensions between the two, but Sasha can only focus on the way Elijah's hand envelops hers. He doesn't need to use force to be threatening. 

"Well Jenna, it was so nice of you to invite me into your home, but I should get going". It doesn't escape Sasha the taunting in his tone. Elijah had now free reign to come and go into her house as he pleased. "And Sasha", her body trembles at the way he says her name, "I hope to see you again sometime soon". Elijah smiles at her but Sasha knows it's nothing more than a veiled threat. 

The fact that he didn't hurt her or Jenna doesn't subside her fear. Elena and Jeremy are upstairs and he could come inside whenever he wants to. Sasha slowly creeps up the stairs but as soon as the front door is shut she sprints the rest of the way up. She needs to check on Jeremy and Elena. Sasha practically throws herself into Jeremy's door before knocking rapidly. But a hand grabs onto her writs not allowing it to move. Elijah is holding onto her wrist invading her space again. He slowly lets go before hiding behind the door and placing his finger against his lips. Sasha can understand the order clearly. 

Jeremy opens the door and Sasha tries to control her breathing. "What is it?". 

"Uhm, Jenna was just asking if you could help her with the boxes?", the lie flows easily from her lips. 

"Yeah", Jeremy makes his way downstairs. 

"That's a wise choice", Elijah says from behind her. Damn it, he was too quiet. 

"What do you want?", Sasha back away facing him. 

"It's time we and your sister had a little chat no?", he smirks at her before grabbing her arm and pushing her towards Elena's room. 

"Elena jumps up from her bed at the intrusion and when she sees Elijah her first thought is to make a run for it but Elijah grips Sasha's arm harder. "I wouldn't do that if I were you". He shuts the door and walks deeper into the room before letting go of the younger Gilbert and leaning against the wall. "Now should we all have a little chat?". The girls have no choice but to sit down on the bed. 

"Forgive the intrusion", Elijah says in his overly mannered voice. Sasha merely glares back and is met with his playful smile. "I mean your family no harm".

"Why did you kill those vampires when they tried to take me?", Elena asks. 

"Because I didn't want you to be taken", he replies casually. 

"What do you mean?", Sasha asks not understanding. Rose said Elijah worked for Klaus.

Elijah smiles at her smartness. If she hadn't been shaking a few minutes ago he would have thought she felt safe in his presence. "Klaus is the most feared and hated of the Originals. But those that fear him are desperate for his approval. If word gets out that the doppelganger exists there will be a line of vampires eager to take you to him. And I can't have that.". 

Sasha gets up from the bed and walks to him. "Isn't that exactly what you're trying to do?". 

"Let's just say that my goal is not exactly to break the curse.".

"So what is your goal?", Elena asks, fed up with his evasive answers. 

"Klaus' obsessions have made him paranoid. He's a recluse. He trusts only those in his immediate circle.".

"Like you?", Sasha asks.

"Not anymore". The pieces click into place for Sasha.

Walking closer to him she asks, "You don't know where he is do you?". When she's met with silence she knows her answer. "You're trying to use my sister as bait?", Sasha asks incredulously. 

"Well to do that I need your sister to stay put and to stop trying to get yourself killed.".

"How do we know you're telling the truth?", Elena asks.

"Well, if I wasn't your entire family would be dead and I'd be taking you to Klaus myself.". Sasha shudders at the thought of how easily that could've happened. "Instead I'm here and prepared to offer you a deal.".

"What kind of deal?", Elena asks suspiciously. Sasha can't help but think it's all too good to be true. 

"Do nothing. Live your life. Stop fighting", Elijah starts making his way around the room touching all of Elena's things. "Then when the time is right Elena and I will draw out Klaus together and I shall make certain that your friends remain unharmed.". 

"And then what?", Sasha asks. 

"Then I kill him", Elijah says with so much certainty that Sasha shudders. 

"Just like that?", Sasha asks trying to mask the hopefulness from her voice. 

"Just like that", Elijah assures both girls. "I'm a man of my word. If I make a deal I keep that deal". 

"How are you going to keep everyone safe?", Elena asks still not sure about this plan. 

"I've noticed you have a friend, Bonnie, is it? She seems to possess the gift of magic. I have friends of similar gifts". 

"You know witches", Sasha whispers. 

"Together we can protect everyone that matters to you", Elijah walks toward Elena. "So do we have a deal?".

Elena and Sasha make eye contact and Sasha subtly nods her head. This was the best plan they had and despite having every right to fear and distrust Elijah Sasha felt like they could trust him. 

"I need you to do one more thing for me", Elena tells him. 

"We're negotiating now?", Elijah asks with a smile. 

Sasha doesn't know where her sister is going with this but she'll back her up either way. "Considering your plan depends on her I'd say we can make a demand". 

Elijah gives her an amused smile. "What is it you want?".

"For you to get Stefan out of the tomb", Elena tells him. 

****

Sasha sits on her bed thinking about Elijah's proposal. It was a risky move, using Elena as bait. But Elijah was also an Original and that is the best chance they had to defeat Klaus. Damon and Stefan would go ballistic but Elijah was definitely their best bet. And for some reason, Sasha felt like she could trust him. 

Pulling her comforter from the bed, Sasha gets into it when her phone rings. Seeing Tyler's name flashing on the screen makes Sasha stop breathing. Today had been his first full moon but Caroline had told her everything went as good as could be expected. With shaking hands Sasha picks up the phone and accepts the call.

"Tyler?", she whispers.

"Sasha.", his shaky voice filters through the phone, "I need you. I can't ... I just need you". 

Sasha drives as fast as humanly possible to Tyler's house. His broken voice replaying in her mind. Something bad had happened because Tyler never opened up like that, he never asks for help he's too proud. Sasha gets to his house and uses the back door so she won't run into Mrs. Lockwood. Whatever is happing with Tyler, his mom can't know about it. Sasha quietly creeps up the staircase to his room. Suddenly Sasha is thrust back to when she used to sneak up to Tyler's room in the middle of the night to hook up. It seemed like a lifetime ago, both had changed so much since that first night, it's crazy to think that in fact, it had only been a couple of months since the last time she snuck up into his room. Sasha slowly opened his door, not bothering with knocking as the door was already cracked open like he hadn't closed it properly. Tyler is sitting on the floor, back up against the wall, and with red-rimmed eyes. Sasha rushes to him and pulls him closer to her. 

"What happened?", Sasha whispers. 

"I'm... I'm... I'm a werewolf Sasha and I don't know how I can keep this up", Tyler says before breaking down and crying. Sasha holds her breath while Tyler tells her everything that has happened. The desperation in his voice breaks Sasha she wants to tell him she knew but her promise to Stefan keeps her from doing so. 

"You aren't scared of me?", Tyler whispers.

Sasha pulls him in even closer stroking his hair, "I'll never be scared of you Tyler. You and me will always stick together". Sasha just prayed that was true once Tyler found out about her betrayal. 

S2 Ep12

Sasha stayed over at Tyler's house. After they had talked about everything it was nearly 3 am and both just fell asleep. Sasha got woken up by her phone's incessant ringing. 

* 5 missed calls*

"Elijah got Stefan out of the tomb. Come over", read Elena's text message. Sasha couldn't contain her grin of excitement. 

"Is everything ok?", Tyler asks groggily, his eyes still closed.

"Yeah. Elena just wants me to come home.", Tyler simply nods, he must be exhausted. Sasha leans down to kiss his forehead. "Call me if you need anything". 

Tyler mumbles an incoherent response and goes back to sleep. Sasha smiles at his slumbering form before leaving his room. He seems like he's more or less back to normal. 

Sasha lets herself into the Salvatore mansion and makes her way upstairs to Stefan's room. His door is halfway closed so she lets herself in. He's topless putting on his white tank top.

"Ew gross. There are kids in here", Sasha mocks him, covering up her eyes.

Stefan smiles at her before pulling her to him in a bear hug. Sasha tries to fight him off but she can't help the huge grin spreading on her face. "You're back", Sasha says.

"Yes. Now you're going to have to see me every day", Stefan mocks her before letting her go. 

"I guess I can live with that. Where's Elena?", she had texted Sasha explaining what Elijah had done to get Stefan out but she was nowhere to be seen. 

"She left to go to school. Which is where you should be", Stefan gives her a pointed stare. 

"Yes Dad", she mocks his protective tone with a smile. "What are you going to do?".

"I'm going to find Isobel", Stefan states calmly.

Sasha's smile vanishes from her face. "Why?". 

"Because Katherine said she has answers about Klaus", Stefan tries to explain.

"And we're suddenly trusting Katherine?", Sasha knew it was a low blow but she didn't like Isobel. For obvious reasons.

"I don't trust Elijah and that deal you guys made with him, so I'm getting my own intel".

"I trust him. I don't know why Stefan, but I do. We can't go behind him", Sasha tries reasoning with him.

"That's why you are not going behind his back. I didn't make any deal with him.". When Sasha's serious face didn't budge Stefan walked closer to her placing a hand on her shoulder. "It's going to be ok Sasha. Trust me". Sasha gave a defeated sigh before circling her arms around his torso.

"I missed you"; Sasha whispered into his chest. 

Stefan gave her a smile before kissing her head. 

Sasha says her goodbyes before running downstairs, she is officially late for school. Passing by the living room she hears voices. One is obviously Damon, she could recognize his voice anywhere. The other is a woman's. Rose maybe? Curiosity takes the lead and Sasha walks into the living room. Rose is sitting with her back to Sasha but the big gash on her back is clearly visible. It looks bad. So bad that Sasha stops in her tracks.

"It's not that bad. Right Sasha?", Damon says before turning to her. Sasha is too shocked to register his words. When Rose turns to look at her with pleading eyes, Sasha snaps back to attention.

"It's not that bad", but even to her, those words didn't sound convincing. What had happened yesterday?

"Where's Stefan?", Damon inquires making Sasha stop staring at Rose.

"He's gone to find Isobel which I think is insane with Elijah in town", Sasha vents.

"Agree to disagree", Damon gets up and starts striding toward her. "If you could play nurse for a little while". 

"It's not necessary", Rose tries to argue. 

"It's ok. Sasha loves to help people, she can't refuse when asked", Damon mocks her before walking towards the door. 

Sasha gives Rose what she hopes is a reassuring smile before going after Damon. "Damon is she going to be ok?", Sasha asks in a hushed tone. Sasha likes Rose and didn't want to see her hurt. 

"No", Damon says in a deceptively calm tone. He's trying to mask his helplessness with nonchalance. "The wolf bite caused some sort of infection that is spreading.".

"Like poison?", Sasha asks.

"I don't know", Damon says angrily.

"I'm sorry", Sasha tries. She knows he's hurting.

"Death happens. The sooner she goes the better.". Sasha is taken back by his lack of emotions, Rose is his friend. 

"It's gloomy as hell in there", Damon says before shrugging his shoulders and leaving. Sasha stands in the house's foyer not knowing what to do now. 

****

Charlotte is at her locker when her phone buzzes with a text.

"Hey. Something came up with VB. Won't make it to school. Talk later.", Sasha texted. VB was the code word they had for vampire business. Charlotte just hoped everything was ok. She was so fixated on texting Sasha back she didn't notice Matt coming up behind her. 

"Hey, Lottie".

Charlotte jumps up letting her phone fall to the ground. "Jesus Matt", Charlotte clutches her beating heart. But Matt laughs before picking up her phone and handing it to her. 

"It's not my fault you're so fixated on your phone", he smiles at her before his eyes drift off and his smile vanishes. 

Charlotte follows his stare. Caroline and Tyler are on the other side of the corridor talking quite close together. Charlotte's smile now drops too. Matt was still hung up on Caroline to the point that he was upset that she was talking to someone new. 

"There is something going on between those too I just know it", Matt says out loud but Charlotte doesn't really want to talk about the situation. 

"I'm sorry about it Matt, but I need to go to class", Charlotte says before rushing out. 

Matt looks after her with a confused look before realizing what he's done. "Fuck", he exclaims before running after her. "Charlotte wait!", he calls after her. 

He catches up to her in the courtyard. "God, you walk fast". 

Charlotte gives him an awkward laugh, "Look I really want to help you out with Caroline but I do really have class". 

"No, wait. You've got it all wrong.", Matt tries to explain but he's not good with his words. And Charlotte's expectant face just looking up at him makes him stutter. "I...". 

"It's ok", Charlotte gives him a small smile before turning around to leave. In an impulsive decision, Matt grabs Charlotte's arm and pulls her to him crashing their lips together. 

Charlotte is taken aback. She's kissing Matt. No, Matt is kissing her. Charlotte lets her hands wrap around his nape before kissing him back. It was better than she could've imagined. His lips are soft and his hands are firm around her waist. Charlotte can't contain the bubble of happiness that's rising inside her. But just as fast that bubble deflates. Matt had just seen Caroline talking to Tyler. He was upset and jealous. Was that the only reason he was kissing her? Her kisses flatter and Matt pull back to look at her. 

"Is everything ok?", he asks. 

"I'm sorry. I can't do this", Charlotte lets go of him and runs away, trying to keep her tears at bay.

Matt stays standing in the courtyard looking at her retreating form. He thought she liked him. For a few seconds, he could've sworn she had kissed him back. What had happened? 

****

"I hate this", Rose grumbles as Sasha helps her to the bed, "I'm a vampire. I haven't even had a cold in 5 centuries.". 

Since Damon had left, Rose had gotten worse. She was so weak Sasha had to semi-carry her upstairs to Damon's room. "Just get in bed and rest". 

"We don't get sick", Rose keeps talking to herself as Sasha takes her cardigan. The wound also looks worse. It's like it spread across half her back.

Rose lays down on the bed and Sasha helps cover her. "You're not going to die", she affirms. She doesn't want to believe that someone who fought for so long to stay alive would just be stripped of that life when it was finally getting better. She refused to believe. 

"Such a human thing to say", Rose tells her. Sasha gives her a small smile before looking around the room. The open floor bathroom. The bookshelves filled with books. The masculine energy radiating out of every corner. The tidiness. This was his room. "You've never been in Damon's room, have you?", Rose asks bringing Sasha away from her trance. Sasha grabs the book that was left on the nightstand "Gone with the wind". A romance book. "Not what you expected?".

"It's just a room.", Sasha tries to act as though she hadn't imagined his room a thousand times before. "Ok, maybe I did expect a coffin". 

Rose laughs at her joke. "You're lucky you know? No one has ever loved me the way you are loved.".

Sasha's heart breaks for Rose. She grabs her hand, "I doubt that's true". 

"Trevor was my best friend, nothing more", Rose gives a small sigh, "With all those years on the run from Klaus, I just never thought about setting down roots. The idea of a family doesn't really work with a vampire". Rose's eyes start closing. 

"Go to sleep Rose", Sasha gives her a small smile before walking toward the door.

"No. Stop, wait", Rose mumbles making Sasha turn back. But Rose still has her eyes closed. "Tell him to prepare the horses.". She's hallucinating Sasha realizes. 

"It's ok Rose", Sasha tries to use a soft soothing voice. 

"Trevor, don't be so stupid". Suddenly Rose arches up off the bed. "Oh, Sasha", she groans, "I need more blood". Sasha's heart starts beating rapidly. Rose does not look good. 

"Of course", Sasha rushes to the glass of blood and hands it to her. Rose gulps it down while Sasha strokes small circles on her back, trying not to apply pressure to the wound. Rose turns around and starts gagging on the blood and coughing.

"It's ok", Sasha tries reassuring both Rose and herself before getting up and rushing to the bathroom and wetting a towel with warm water. She wrings the towel before walking back to the bed. But Rose is nowhere in sight. "Rose?", Sasha asks worriedly. She turns around only to be met by Rose, but before she can give a sigh of relief, Rose grabs her by the neck and pins her against the wall with a force that makes Sasha's teeth chatter. 

"It's all your fault", Rose shouts before closing off Sasha's air supply. Sasha tries shoving her hands off but she's no match for vampire strength. Her vision starts getting blurry and all she can see is Rose's veins under her eyes. 

"It's... Sa- Sa- Sasha", Sasha manages to say through the loss of air. Rose's veins slowly disappear as does the pressure around Sasha's neck. Sasha falls back against the wall and coughs trying to get air back into her lungs. 

"Sasha?", Rose asks with fear in her voice as she back away. 

Sasha just nods. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry Sasha", Rose has tears in her eyes, not believing that she was about to kill an innocent girl. "I don't know what happening to me", Rose sounds desperate. 

"It's ok", Sasha tries to reassure her. "You're going to be ok". 

"My mind-".

"Don't worry Rose", Sasha says as she guides the woman back to the bed, "It was just for a second". Sasha tried not to think how fast her life could've ended in that second. 

"Please, don't be afraid of me"; Rose pleads before getting into bed. 

"I'm not", Sasha tells her, "But you need rest.".

"I'm scared Sasha. I wanna go home", Rose whispers. The way she says it, like a little girl calling out to her mom. Sasha's heart broke. 

"Tell me about you're home", Sasha sat on the bed with the towel and gently pressed it against Rose's forehead as Rose told her all about her home before falling asleep. 

****

After Rose finally fell asleep Sasha went in search of some clean sheets. There wasn't much the girl could do to help Rose so she settled on at least having her sleep on non-bloody sheets. But Sasha underestimated the size of the house and it took her nearly 30 min to find where they kept clean sheets. Once Damon came back Sasha was gonna give him a lesson on where to store things. 

Sasha opens the door to Damon's room with her back. "I brought some clean sheets", Sasha tries to sound chipper than she is. But when she turns around the bed is completely empty. Sasha tries not to freak out, Rose couldn't have run away. She walks towards the bathroom but it's just as empty as the room. Sasha lets the sheets fall on the bed and takes a couple of deep breaths. Rose had to still be in the house. Sasha rushes downstairs and starts looking around the main floor. Maybe while she was looking for the sheets Rose slipped away down there. But again it was just as empty. A dooming feeling starts to build in her stomach. Something bad had happened. 

Sasha reaches for her phone in her back pocket and tries to call Damon but it goes to voicemail. "Hey, I think something's wrong with Rose. You should come back. Now". Sasha finishes the voicemail trying to keep the fear out of her voice. A clattering sound pulls her from her thoughts. It seemed to have come from the cellar. "Rose?", Sasha calls out tentatively. No one answers back. Sasha ditches her phone and takes slow steps to the cellar. The lights down there are dim and the walls are dingy. Sasha is going down the stairs when her foot slips on something. Looking down she sees a discarded blood bag on the floor. This can not be good. Sasha crouches down and grabs it with shaky hands. There is a trail of blood leading to the end of the hallway. Sasha turns around the corner and is shocked when she sees Rose crouching on the ground surrounded by empty blood bags and ravenously drinking from one. Her veins are so protruded under her eyes making her look like a monster. 

Sasha stops breathing, scared to attract Rose's attention, but her efforts are in vain. Rose stops her inhaling of blood to lock eyes with Sasha. But all emotion is void from her eyes, it's like she doesn't even know who Sasha is. 

"This can not be good", Sasha thought to herself. With slow moves, Sasha starts backing up from the room. Rose rises up from her position and starts advancing. The flight response in Sasha jumps in and she turns around and runs from the room. She needs to get out fast or she won't be a match for Rose. Rose starts running after so to slow her down Sasha throws whatever is in reach into her path. 

The only thing Sasha can hear is the blood pumping in her ears. Her breath is coming in so fast that it's like she's not breathing at all. Back in the living room, Sasha tries the door closest to her but it's locked, or her hands are shaking so much she can't properly get ahold of it. Turning around to go for another door, Sasha's blocked by Rose. Damn that vampire speed. Now she was cornered.

"Please, Rose. It's Sasha. Ok? It's me", the younger girl tries rationalizing with her as she back away slowly. For a second Rose stops and the veins in her eyes seem to disappear, Sasha breathes a sigh of relief. But just as fast the veins are back and Rose is lunging for her. They both crash to the ground and Sasha tries getting a hold of something that she can use as a weapon. Her hand brushes up against the curtains and she pulls with all her might. The curtain cascades to the floor illuminating the living room. Rose starts smoking as if burned and her howls of pain make Sasha cringe. But the plan worked. Rose moves into the shadow crouching down in pain. Sasha doesn't wait to see if the woman is ok and starts running toward the door, toward the sunlight. 

As her fingers touch the wood she is turned around and slammed against the door. The wood groans at the impact and Sasha loses her breath. Rose goes for her neck but Sasha shoves her nails into her werewolf bite. Rose falls to the ground and Sasha starts running again. Up to Stefan's room. She locks the door and starts pushing things up against the door. She runs to all the windows and opens up the curtains and doors. Sasha comes back into the middle of the room when she sees a chair on the floor. Going up to it, she kicks one of the legs breaking it. Now she was armed with a steak. Trying to calm down her breathing, since you needed a cool head to stake a vampire, Sasha stands looking at the door. 

The doorknob rattles making Sasha flinch. "Sasha, I know it's you. Please", comes Rose's voice from the other side. Sasha's entire body is shaking. "Please Sasha. I need your help", comes Rose's voice again. Sasha falls back against the bed trying to hold in her tears. She wants to help Rose but she's so scared that the vampire will just start hallucinating again. So the girl just sits there trying to block out Rose's pleadings while holding on to the steak like it's a lifeline. 

****

Charlotte ran to her favorite part of the park after Matt kissed her. It's a bench right under a willow. Her and Sasha found it when they were 6 and it has been their spot ever since. The two haven't been to their spot in a while. But Sasha was dealing with vampire stuff and Charlotte just needed some time alone with her thoughts.

Matt had kissed her. Finally kissed her. But it had been for the wrong reasons and that broke her heart. She had spent so many years pinning over him, it was probably time to let him go. He would never like her back the same way she did him. 

Her thoughts start spiraling into a dark hole when a familiar voice interrupts her. "Hey", Matt says shyly before coming up to her side. "Is it ok if I sit?", he asks timidly.

Charlotte is so stunned by his appearance that she merely nods. "What- How did you know about this place?", she asks. 

Matt gives her a small smile. "C'mon it's been you're hang-out spot since you were a kid. Every time you were upset you'd come here.". Now Charlotte is truly shocked. How does he know that about her? "Why-", Matt takes a deep breath, "Why did you run away earlier? I thought you, you know, liked me". 

Charlotte's face turns a deep shade of red. Had she been that obvious? "I- Well- I maybe. I'm sorry Matt. I just know why you kissed me and I didn't want to be used like that". Charlotte can't even maintain eye contact with him. 

"What do you mean?", Matt asks genuinely confused. 

"Getting back at Caroline for being with Tyler", Charlotte explains, "But it's whatever. I'm over it.". She turns to him trying to pass off her smile as real. 

Matt looks at her with a horrified expression. "No! Charlotte no! That's not what that was", Matt rushes out. "I kissed you because I like you. That stuff with Care and Tyler was just me making conversation. I don't care that they're together. I'm so sorry". Matt grabs her hands trying to express how sorry he is. 

Charlotte is trying to process everything he just said. It can't be true. "You- You like me?".

Matt gives her a goofy smile. "Yeah. Ever since the start of the year you and me have grown closer and I've realized that you're not just Sasha's best friend but an amazing person who always makes me smile. I didn't know how to tell you, I'm not good with expressing my feelings". 

"You like me?", Charlotte asks again still not quite believing him. This was everything she wanted. 

"Yes", Matt laughs, "Tell me you feel the same or I'll feel like a total tool". He gives her a smile but he's nervous about her response. 

"Yes.", Charlotte laughs. "Of course. I've had a crush on you since you helped me patch up my knee when I fell off my bike. I was 8 if I remember". 

Matt laughs at her before leaning over. "Is it ok?", he whispers. Charlotte nods before closing her eyes and leaning in. Their lips finally touching. And this time there were no outside problems. It was just them and it was perfect. 

****

Sasha sat in Stefan's bedroom until the sunset. She didn't move, she barely breathed properly and during that entire time, Rose sat outside the door pleading with her. Damon was nowhere to be seen and Sasha had left her phone downstairs. When the sky was dark outside Sasha stopped hearing Rose. It was like she had vanished. Slowly Sasha got up from the floor and started to remove all the furniture stacked up against the door. Holding the stake in one hand she unlocked the door and slowly opened it. The hallway outside was empty so she started heading downstairs with the stake raised. 

The living room and study are also empty downstairs and Sasha is having flashbacks to Rose in the cellar. Turning around she sees that the front door is wide open. "Oh no. This can't be happening", Sasha thought. Had she just unleashed a hallucinating vampire into the night? A sound behind her makes her turn around and lift up the stake. A string hand stops her strike mid-air. "Damon?", Sasha sags in relief. 

"You ok?", Damon asks concerned. Sasha is still trying to calm her racing heart down. "Where's Rose", he asks looking around. 

Sasha looks at him with pleading eyes. "Damon, I'm sorry. Rose, she started attacking me. I locked myself in Stefan's room. I don't know where she is". 

Sasha can see the anger in his eyes but he holds back. "Get in the car". The two wordlessly get in the car and drive to the school. There is a carnival going on and Damon thinks that is the most likely place for Rose to be. Sasha gets out and waits outside the car while Damon goes to look around. 

"Here", Damon announces when he gets back. "You'll need this", he hands her a stake. Sasha looks at him with questioning eyes. They could not kill Rose. Damon guides Sasha to the back parking lot, and that's where they hear grunts. Sasha runs after the sound and sees Rose attacking a young girl. "Rose. Stop!", Damon shouts getting her off the girl. Rose starts fighting him but Damon keeps trying to get to her until Rose finally stops fighting. Sasha can see the exact moment at which recognition returned to the woman's eyes. 

Rose looks around seeing the dead girl. "Did - Did I do this? I didn't want to hurt anybody I swear"; Rose starts crying, pleading with them. She turns her face to Sasha. "I'm so sorry. Please I didn't mean to". Her pleading breaks something in Sasha. No one deserved this. "Make it stop. Please make it stop". Damon picks her up and starts walking to his car. Sasha can do nothing but follow him. 

After they get home Damon takes Rose upstairs to calm her down. Sasha knows she can't really be of much help but she doesn't know what to do so she follows them upstairs. They're talking when she comes into the room. 

"I'm sorry Sasha", Rose says when she notices the girl. Sasha gives her a small smile. Damon turns to her with angry eyes.

"You shouldn't be here.". Sasha cringes at his words but he just walks behind her. 

"Damon is a lot like me", Rose continues talking. "He wants to care. The minute he does he runs away. I'm sorry for what I have done today". Sasha grabs her hand and squeezes it. 

"I know Rose", Sasha tries smiling through her tears. Rose doubles over coughing and Sasha starts stroking her back. When the coughing seizes Rose looks back up. 

"Why are you so nice to me Sasha?", the woman asks. 

"You showed me compassion when you didn't have to. I'll be forever grateful", Sasha smiles at her and Rose returns the smile before arching off the bed and screaming in pain. Sasha gets up with a panicked look. "What do we do?".

"Go", Damon simply says before moving close to Rose. 

"Damon-", Sasha starts, scared of what is going to happen next.

"Just go. I've got this", Damon argues. Sasha gives up and walks downstairs to wait for him. Because what Rose said is true. Damon is scared to care for someone. And if Rose dies Damon will spiral. 

****

Sasha is sitting on the couch anxiously tipping her foot when the door opens. "I thought I told you to leave", Damon states when he comes into the house. 

"I did. But I wanted to make sure you were ok", Sasha says shyly handing him a glass of bourbon.

Damon takes it. "I appreciate the gesture. I'm just glad it's over". Damon takes a sip of his drink. 

Sasha looked at how he wasn't making eye contact with her. "You know I don't believe that".

"Go home, Sasha. Get some rest. Tomorrow will be a whole new day", Damon says in what can only be perceived as a mocking tone. 

"Damon please. I'm you're friend".

"I'm well aware of that", Damon grumbles. 

"I know you're hurting", Sasha tries again. 

"What do you want to hear Sasha?", Damon asks angrily. "That I cared about Rose? That I'm upset? Well I didn't and I'm not". Sasha flinches at his harsh words. She knows they are not true but they still hurt. She so badly wants to believe in the good inside him. 

"You're lying to yourself and to everyone else. I know you care Damon", Sasha shouts back at his retreating form. Angry with the situation and at his reaction. 

"I feel ok? And it sucks.", Damon tells her. "And what sucks, even more, is that it was supposed to be me. Jules was coming after me".

Realization dawned on Sasha. He felt guilty. "Damon. You feel guilty", Sasha tells him.

Damon walks up to Sasha angrily until he's standing right in front of her. "That would be human of me Sasha. And I'm not human am I? Go home", Damon points to the door. "There has been enough doom, gloom, and personal growth for one night". 

Sasha knows that there's no use in arguing with him so she doesn't. "Ok. I will". But before she walks away Sasha lets her reckless side take over. Pulling Damon into her body, Sasha circles her arms around him. Damon just stands there in her embrace trying not to let his emotions get the better of him. After a few seconds, Sasha lets go of him but not before kissing his cheek softly. "Good night Damon". 

On the drive home, Sasha tries calling Tyler to check up on him after last night. But after 7 unanswered calls, she gives up. Something was going on. Something bad. She rushed the rest of the way home to see if Elena had seen him at school. Unlocking the door, she calls out for her sister. 

"Sasha", Elena answers. When Sasha turns around she sees Uncle John standing behind Elena. Yeah, you could say something bad had happened. 

****

chapter word count: 8101

A/N

It's been a long time. And I'm so sorry for that. I really just lost all motivation to write and no matter how long I stood in front of my computer nothing came out. Yesterday I finally got some motivation and just started writing. Updates after this will be slow since my motivation for anything comes and goes. I'm really sorry for that but hopefully, you're liking the story so far.

That's another chapter done and one more chapter closer to Klaus's arrival. Charlotte and Matt finally confessed their feelings for each other and Damon and Sasha got closer. We also got some interaction between Sasha and Elijah. I'm really excited for those two together. Hope you guys liked it and tell me your opinions. 

See you guys next chapter <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

476 0 9
Hazel Gilbert is the shadow of Elena her older sister and so she doesn't really talk much she's close to Jeremy her older brother Hazel is 15 while J...
164K 3.1K 75
𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐚 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭. Elena and Jeremy's older sister, who went to Europe after graduation and left a small, remote town behind. But wha...
225K 6.8K 24
"She's the embodiment of chaos itself-a combination of all her siblings, the worst parts of them. She's more vengeful than Klaus, more conniving than...
90.1K 2.1K 31
T.W Abuse/violence/sex/drugs/etc Previously named 'The Outcased Sister' Rieka Donovon, a special girl. She was found on the Donovan doorstep at thr...