Eva's New Hermitcraft and Dre...

By Meva400

I've decided to start a new book with my new oneshots, all minecraft related, probably Grian or George focuse... More

~Welcome~
Withered Poppies - (Angst - Grian x Etho)
Free the End- (Fluff - Doc x Stress)
Found- (Fluff - Grian - Sibling AU part 1)
Traded- (Angst - Grian - Siblings AU part 2)
My Knight- (Angst - Grian)
My Knight pt 2 - (Hurt/Comfort - Grian x Hels)
Friendemies - (Action - Dream/Grian/Techno)
Anarchy - (Angst - Dream)
Best Friend's Roommate - (Fluff - Dream x Grian)
Returning to the Family - (Fluff - Grian/SBI)
Empire - (Angst - Grian)
Run Away With Me - (Lime - Dream x George)
*name not found* - (Fluff - Dream x Wilbur x George)
The Bidding - (Action - Grian x Etho)
Beauty - (Fluff - Scar x Mumbo x Grian)
Gitched Romance - (Fluff - Dream x Grian)
One More Year - (Fluff - Scar/Grian/Mumbo)
Undercover - (Angst - Grian)
Adequate - (Fluff - Scar x Grian)
The Dress - (Fluff - Dream x George)
Chasing Cars - (Angst - Dream x George)
The Watched and The Listening pt 1 - (Angst - Joe)
The Watched and the Listening pt 2 - (Angst - Joe)
Tater Tot Bois - (Fluff - Mumbo/Techno)
Step Ladder - (Fluff - Grian/Dream)
One Wish - (Angst - Doc x Bdubs)
Hiding it under the Oak Tree- (Fluff - Techno x Grian)
What Anxiety Feels Like - (Angst)
Copycat - (Angst - Insane Pearl AU part 1)
Doctor - (Angst - Insane Pearl AU part 2)
Mischlings - (Fluff - Tommy/Schlatt)
Legacy - (Fluff - Tribute to DSMP)
Stockholm Syndrome - Rated R

Bartender - (Lime - Grian x Mumbo)

463 11 13
By Meva400

AN- I was feeling lonely and romantically frustrated so you've got this now. A simple Grumbo – the first for this book somehow.

Also, not me listening to a random playlist called 'songs with the same vibe as Heatwaves'. But seriously, these are so much better.

Mumbo POV-

College had been kicking my butt. That's all I could say to it. And if I could leave my story at that, I would. But the thing is, is without the struggles of college, I wouldn't be where I was right now.

I was an electrical engineering student, in class for 5 hours a day plus all the homework and for anyone who knows university, one usually has to do about 3 hours of work outside of class for each hour spent in class.

As if I could do 15 hours of homework per day. That's 60 hours a week plus the 20 from classes, leaving me with 88 hours for sleep and chores, and let's not count working...

I thought my older brother was joking when he said that you have to pick 2 options out of sleep, social life, or school grades. So, I was grateful when I finally found a job that would keep my need for social interaction in check and it was nights so I didn't have to worry about scheduling issues.

And no. Sleep does not get scheduled. If I got a straight 4 hours in a row I'd be impressed. No, blessed and probably praising god.

What was my job? Did you not read the title of my journal entry? It literally says bartender... Come on.

I would have preferred basically any other job, but the consistent 40 hours a week at 10 pounds/hour plus tips was too tempting. It would easily cover my bills with enough being put away to hopefully pay my next semester of school. And not having to struggle with scheduling was a big positive after watching my roommate Iskall constantly having to rearrange his work schedule when his boss would schedule him during school hours.

The first night of work was basically a fever dream. Probably because my shift is literally 7pm-3am and I had a freaking fever from overworking myself only a couple days earlier trying to get a last-minute essay in by the 8am cut off. I had started it at 8pm the night before.

Basically, all I remember was walking in and walking out with a handful of pounds along with a couple napkins with numbers scrawled across them in various handwriting. One caught my eye the next morning. The simple numbers where neatly printed on a paper coaster with a lipstick smear from where she must have kissed it. The red was vibrant and brought back a distant memory of the night.

Not like I really cared. I'd never really cared for dating and Iskall was convicted I was on the Aro/Ace spectrum.

I went into work again that night, met by my boss who was grinning ear to ear and jumping up and down, the bandana holding his brown hair back kept slipping over his eyes as he grinned up at me. "Mumbo! You were a hit last night! Everyone loves you!"

I honestly hadn't known how to respond so I muttered out an awkward thank you as I was led to stand behind the bar. I glanced down at my shorter boss confused. "Mr. O, I thought I was a server?"

"Psst. Call me Bdubs. You don't have to be so formal any more. I'm promoting you to bartender! You'll make more money and more people will be inclined to buy drinks since such a handsome young man is serving them. Now get going. We don't want that charm fading now do we?"

I remember blinking in confusion at my boss before turning to the taps in front of me. A hand settled on my arm and I jumped, glancing over at another man about my height with black hair and a prosthetic arm. "Hey. I'm Doc. You must be Mumbo?" I nodded as he began pointing out all the different drinks and what I needed to do. I nodded along before he sent me off.

My first customer was a petite woman with butt length black hair and too long eyelashes which fluttered when she blinked gently up at me. I remember her well because she would come in every night I worked and sat in the same stool, watching me through her lowered makeup heavy eyelids. She always wore a tight tank top and matching skirt with lipstick which matched the colours.

I always wondered if she was the one who gave me her number on the coaster, but she never wore red.

After a couple weeks, I was finally feeling comfortable behind the bar and I would throw flirty lines at the regulars, often gaining a dollar or two extra as a tip. I didn't really feel comfortable doing it, but the extra 20 pounds or so a night really helped.

And sometimes I'd lean myself over the counter at that one girl, letting her get a bit too close for comfort. I was grateful for the etiquette to not touch the workers, but I would usually walk away from those nights with a couple extra dollars that I would then use to buy myself a train ticket to the ocean or ticket to the movie theatre.

I almost felt like I was selling myself in a way.

I guess that's why people came to the bar though. You see, this was no ordinary bar to go 'drink away your sorrows'. No. It was a...a lot more.

I thought that after working there for a couple months, I'd be capable of saying it. I'm still embarrassed by it, because what do you expect people to do when you tell them you work at a stripper bar?

The first two weeks of working there, I was very uncomfortable and I didn't even tell my friends I had a job until they finally drug it out of me since I wasn't hanging out with them anymore. It was hard when I worked Tuesday nights to Sunday mornings every week.

It took my three weeks before I even let my eyes stray to the stage area. I often caught Doc staring down the stage during one specific performer who I think was named Ren and I'd often just pick up the extra customers for him at those times.

After a month, I would finally let myself fully ogle the men on stage as I worked to fulfill orders during the women's songs. My confidence grew and I slowly began to feel more and more a part of the community in this small crowded bar.

I don't know if that was good or not, but it sure made me more money as girls would fall all over themselves to get me to notice them. A simple smile would usually get me a couple notes from the newer customers while I got to know how to get to each other customer. I was even popular among the men as they must have noticed I tended to watch the male dancers.

And that black-haired girl? I kept letting her get closer. She was hot, I can't deny and I finally began to feel like maybe, just maybe, I could try more than just flirting.

Iskall had been very wrong. I was definitely sexually attracted to people.

I remember the day clearly. It was June, midway through the spring semester and I had been working at the bar 5 times a week for nearly two months. I had found a solid rhythm between sleep, school, homework, and work, but I was bored.

I wanted some excitement.

So, when the black-haired girl who I had never bothered to remember the name of walked into the bar, gliding across the floor to her stool. I immediately went to her, leaning across the counter, letting my nose graze her ear and hair as I whispered in her ear, "what would you like tonight darling?"

"You." Her voice was soft and certain as I grinned, my face still by her ear.

"Hmm. You say that every night. What makes you think you'll get me tonight?"

I heard her breath hitch as I gently place my lips against her ear, nibbling on the soft skin where it connected to her neck. "Touch me." I could hear the rumble of my voice as I mumbled against her skin before refocusing on her skin.

A shaky breath left her lips and she raised a hand to my chest but I pulled away, standing up straight and eyeing her as she bit on her lips, her eyes staring into mine. I just raised an eyebrow and turned to another customer, continuing my job as she sat there speechless.

"Mumbo." A shaking voice caught my attention as I turned to the black-haired woman.

"Hmm?"

Her eyes connected with mine nervously before she looked away, mumbling something under her breath. I walked over to her, lifting her head to me. "I can't hear you."

She released a shaky breath. "Kiss me. Please." I dropped my hand, watching her carefully before turning to Doc and telling him I would be back in 15 minutes.

She followed me as I walked from behind the counter and over to a more secluded corner, sitting down and letting her sit on my lap, shoving her lips against mine. I let the sensation wash over me, gently pushing back against her.

But to be honest, I felt nothing. I opened my eyes to study the girl in front of me as she pulled away, grinning at me. Then I caught the sight of shimmering of red from behind her.

Standing on stage was a man I hadn't seen before, yet he was familiar all the same. He wore a tight red body suit with a black tutu sat on his hips. His blond hair was slightly curly and cut to just above his eyes, framing his face magically. But what caught my eye was his bright red lipstick contouring his mouth.

My mouth dropped open at him as the girl on my lap seemed to take that as a chance to reinstate the kiss, but I couldn't do anything but imagine those red lips against mine, so I kissed back harshly as I my eyes stayed open watching the red clad blond grab a pole and begin a magical dance.

His eyes landed on me at one point, connecting with mine and definitely seeing the girl making out harshly with me. I had all but forgotten about her though.

I still walked home that night with more money than usual, but also with this slightly disgusted feeling.

Can I really be selling myself like this? It sure wouldn't be fair to the girl since I can't get the red boy out of my mind.

The next week went similarly. Sometimes I'd make out with the girl or simply let her touch my face or arms as I worked but I could care less.

And Doc noticed, cornering me at the end of the week as we worked on wiping down the spilled alcohol from the barstools. "You need to stop leading that girl on."

I shot my head up to stare at Doc who was looking at me with a calm expression before carefully continuing, "I know it's the culture in these bars to hook up for a night or two, making out for fun, but I see the way your eyes follow Grian."

"Wait. Who's Grian?"

Doc just scoffed, "I'm not sure if you're playing dumb or are just clueless. He's the pole dance who always wears red. I literally watched him give you a tour of the bar on your first night here."

I straightened up from cleaning, turning to look at Doc straight on, "what? I hadn't seen him until a week ago."

Doc's mouth dropped open like a fish as he just blinked at me so I continued. "Yah, didn't he just start? Or where was he for the past two months?"

"He had shoulder surgery."

My mouth formed an 'oh' shape as I thought about it before a memory pierced my brain. Grian grinning up at me with a red sweater and black sweats covering his body suit. His hair was wild and curly as he talked about working at the bar and how much I would love it. Then his nervous smile as he grabbed a coaster from under the bar, scrawling his number across it and bringing it to his lips before handing it to me. "Call me okay? I'll need some entertainment while I'm stuck in bed."

Then I had forgotten about it.

"I am such an idiot."

Doc just nodded in agreement before we slowly made out way out and I walked slowly to my apartment, opening the door quietly as to not awaken Iskall. He was sprawled across his bed; his blankets having been kicked off.

I gently opened the drawer by my bed, looking in at the coaster which sat exactly where I had left it over two months ago.

The minutes ticked by as my eyes traced the writing. I decided not to call it since Grian probably hated me. I had promised to call and never did and then the first thing he sees me doing when he's back is snogging some random girl.

And now I had this massive overwhelming crush on him.

Great. But don't worry, my dear journal. I only got more awkward.

The next day at work was definitely the worst but best thing ever. I was standing at the bar, shaking a drink with my well-known smirk as a girl with bright red dyed hair giggled at me. I gently poured the drink in a glass for her, plopping an olive in before leaning towards her, letting my eyes flit around her face.

"How is it?" My lowered voice made her sit up straighter as she took a sip, her eyes connecting with mine.

"Magical." I grin at her before a tap on my shoulder pulled me away from the red head who followed my attention and immediately piped up, "you're not supposed to touch him!"

"Oh shut up. He's let me do it before." My lips flatten as I watch the black-haired girl snap back at red head. They looked like a cat fight was about to break loose as I sighed, turning to the former.

"I don't think I gave you permission to touch me today."

Her faced was PRICELESS. I wish I could describe it here for future reference, but the memory will have to suffice, along with the memory of her shocked spluttering.

The rest of the night had me feeling very awkward as she sat at her normal spot, watching my every move. She would occasionally reach out to touch me but would pull back when I shot her a glare. I was glad that the bar was extra busy, even if it was a Tuesday. I was constantly running from customer to customer. The news of Grian's return must have made it around the community and the moment he walked out on stage, the whole bar went silent.

Every person's eyes were drilling into the blond man's body as he made his way down the catwalk, slipping his leather jacket from his shoulders, dropping it behind him as his slender arm reached towards the pole.

"Hello everyone," his silky voice echoed around the silent room, "I'll take requests tonight."

The stage around him exploded in chaos as notes were thrown at him and names of songs were shouted. Grian gently nodded, pulling his phone from his pocket before slipping it back into his body suit and sipping up the pocket.

A whistling filled the bar as Tambourine by Mr. Gabriel began with Grian gracefully following the fast beat before the beat dropped and he grabbed the pole and spun around it.

My eyes, as with everyone else's, were glued to him as he moved. Notes were continuously thrown on the stage and Grian would often turn towards them, favouring those who favoured him. The song ended suddenly as Grian posed huffing. It was only seconds before another song filled the bar.

I recognized it immediately as Bad At Love by Halsey. I was pulled from watching by the black haired girl complaining that her drink was empty. I began to refill it for her, extremely annoyed as I glanced up at Grian whose eyes kept landing on mine. I looked away to pour her drink in her cup as it was announced that Grian was going to perform one more song. I glanced up as Grian gently cleared the stage of notes, shoving them with his leather jacket. He stood up straight, scanning the crowd harshly. "This one is a special one that I worked on during my break."

His eyes hit mine and I physically flinched at the danger in his eyes as soft singing filled the bar. It was a song I had never heard before, so I quickly pulled out my phone, opening shazam and clicking the listen button. Within seconds Billie Eilish's album cover popped up with the name 'wish you were gay' underneath.

I stared at the name as the chorus picked up with the speed of my heart. I slowly and nervously lifted my eyes up to the stage where Grian was dancing, but his eyes were clearly on me at all opportunities. Each time our eyes connected, my heart would stutter and I would choke on nothing and before long, the chorus had restarted for a second time and at the end of it, Grian posed against the pole mouthing the words 'I just kinda wish you gay' at me.

He dropped his leg and released the pole before turning around, swaying with the music as he collected his leather jacket and tossing it over his shoulder, the money notes billowing off of it and fluttering to the ground as he glanced back over his shoulder, rolling his head back as he dropped down to a crouch.

He threw one more look at me, mouth the last line of the song before sauntering backstage to the sound of claps and hollering. I watched his retreating form as some cleaners scrambled on stage, collecting the money that Grian had left.

My heart was pounding in my chest and I felt like I was about to pass out so I turned to Doc and muttered a quick "I'm gonna go take my break" before booking it to the staff area, filling a paper cup up with cold water from the cooler, my hands shaking from this unknown feeling.

I attempted to drink the water, but my shaky hands and the over flowing cup ended up spilling water all over my work vest, a dark water stain growing on the navy fabric and seeping through to my white collared shirt.

Ignoring it though, I kept chugging back cups of ice-cold water, relishing the icy feeling in my throat in contrast to the heat in my body.

As I finally started feeling normal, I let myself glance over to the clock. 12:53. I had been on my break for just under 15 minutes and had another 15 left so I grabbed my phone from my pocket, holding it up to my face to unlock it just as I heard the staff room door close behind me. I didn't bother looking at who had come in, but just started walking towards the couch when a small pale hand plucked my phone from my hand, making me jump.

Standing in front of me, swiping quickly through my phone, was Grian in a large red sweater which covered his body to his thighs where I could see his body suit. His hair was tangled and sweat was dripping into his eyes smudging the perfect smoky eyes he had. I was studying his facial features when a loud ring caught my attention.

"There. Now you can't ignore me anymore. Well you can, but I have your number too." Grian said as he handed me my phone back and pulling his phone from his hoodie pocket and quickly typing on it. He glanced up at me, clearly startled at how close we were as he took a tentative step back, clearing his throat. "Sorry if I came on a bit to strong when I first met you. I guess I just got gay vibes from you. Is it okay if we restart? I'd love to be your friend."

We stood in silence for a minute as my brain processed what Grian had just said. Friend. He wants to be my friend. Why does that hurt so much?

I hadn't realized until that moment how much I was actually smitten. I was head over heels for this guy in front of me and just being his friend would probably kill me.

"You're not mad at me?" I didn't even notice the words leaving my mouth until Grian shook his head.

"I would never. It was my fault for reading too much into things. You've clearly got a girlfriend or whatever you and that black-haired chick are."

I choked at the thought of that girl. "No no no no. I was just trying to figure out what I am. I've never... I'd never... I'm not..." I trailed off not even sure what I was trying to say. Grian's breath seemed to pick up as I just studied him. "Grian..."

"Mumbo?"

"Can I kiss you?"

Grian simply stepped closer to me, grabbing my vest in his hands. "Not if I kiss you first." And then he pulled me down to him, his lips connecting with mine as I wrapped my arms around his waist. His lips had a slightly waxy feel from the lipstick but his chap stick send my head soaring as the nerves in my body exploded from each movement he made.

His hands were on my chest and tracing up to my neck as he pulled back, panting. I opened my eyes and watched him. His eyes were closed as a gentle smile grew on his lips.

"That was amazing Grian."

"Yah." His voice was breathy as he slowly opened his eyes to mine. "Yah it was."

And here I am, with the most fantastic boyfriend and job. All because of college.

Which I've dropped out of by the way. Grian honestly makes more than enough money and I enjoy getting the chance to watch him as his bartender.

-----

"What are you doing babe?"

I glance up from my leather journal, my pen stilling on the ink filled page. "Writing."

"What are you writing?" Grian walked over to me from the door, plopping himself down on the bed beside me as he pulled his oversized sweater (which he stole from me by the way) over his knees.

"A journal."

Grian's eyes skimmed over the words on the page as I finished the last few sentences. "Why are you writing how we met like some cliché fanfiction?"

I gave him a side eye as I closed the book in front of me and placing it off to the side, "Our story is kinda like a fanfiction babe. Plus it's more fun that way. Who wants to read a story that just says, 'I met my boyfriend at the bar where I worked because he flirted with me after I made out with some random girl.'?"

Grian just chuckled. "Fair enough. Should we continue to make some fanfiction worthy memories?"

I turned fully towards him, grinning. "And what do you have in mind?"

Grian's face just lifted into a smirk as he lifted up two airplane tickets.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.1K 1.6K 33
what if Bryan did not tell the animatronics about what happened at the old pizzaria and was keeping many secrets from the others what if the others f...
67.6K 1.2K 23
Just cute and some could be spicy moments between Hinata and his dorks!
15.4K 575 84
Thank you for the memories I enjoyed it, thanks. But its time to move on and come and find us again. I hide in shadows, work among most. Come and fi...
3.6K 96 21
i know many people use "Fleetfire" to describe Fleetfoot x Rapidfire, but i'm changing it up. Fleetfoot and Spitfire have been friends since they we...