Too Philophobic To Love || Ez...

By SebStanzWife

Leah is a regular girl/YouTuber in Dallas, Texas. She makes funny videos, scary ones, plays video games, and... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Announcement

Chapter Twenty

49 2 0
By SebStanzWife

"Babe." Zeke said softly as he shook Leah a little. "Babe." he whispered a little louder.
"What?" Leah groaned, her eyes slowly opening, seeing Zeke's big grin.
"Happy anniversary."
She smiled at him. "Happy anniversary."
   He gave her a kiss. She kissed him back, her hand resting on the back of his neck. He pulled away after a few moments.
   "I made you breakfast."
   "Love, you shouldn't have." she smiled.
   "I had to. I wanted it to be a special morning."
   "I seriously don't deserve you."
   "Well, god gave me you, so taking care of you is my way of repaying him."
   "Like an obligation? Am I an obligation?"
   "You would not have to pay me a cent to take care of you. I would give you everything to be with you for even a second."
   She smiled and gave him another kiss. "Wait, what time is it?"
   "It's ten."
   "I gotta eat then get ready." she grumbled.
   "Well, I got Kenzie. You can eat and I'll bring her downstairs, cool?"
   "Cool. I'm gonna change though."
   "Okay." he shrugged before kissing her forehead. "See you there."
   Leah stretched before she sat up. She furrowed her brows. Something didn't sit right with her and she couldn't really figure out what. She had a funny feeling in her stomach. She shrugged it off and went to the closet. She went to the little bit of clothes she had hanging in Zeke's closet.
   She put on a light blue shirt, black jeans, and checkered print vans. She put her hair in a messy bun to fix later after she does her makeup. She then went downstairs to Zeke feeding Mackenzie baby food purée in her high chair.
   "Good morning again." Leah smiled.
   "Good morning to you too again." Zeke smiled.
  Leah kissed Mackenzie's forehead.
   "Dada!" Mackenzie smiled before she babbled.
   "How'd you sleep?" Leah said as she put food on a plate.
   "I should be asking you that. I heard you throw up again last night."
   "After that I slept fine, yes." she nodded her head as she poured herself a glass of orange juice.
   "How do you feel right now?" he said, his eyes following her as she sat in front of him.
   "I feel okay. I just hope that Dr. Luna will find something."  she said as she began to cut her waffle into pieces.
   "Do you think she might? Cause your head isn't hot and your body temperature has been normal."
   She shrugged. "I don't know. I'd like to live and hope she will or someone."
   "What if she's not? And she'll need more than a second opinion?"
   She shrugged. "I'd like to live and hope that I'm not dying then."
   He reached over and grabbed her hand. He shook his head. "I don't believe that. Not for one second. The world can't get rid of you that easy. And they're not taking you away from me. I can't lose you again. Not now and not ever."
   "You're not gonna lose me, Elliott. It's not that easy to get rid of me. You're stuck with me forever. Whether you like it or not."
   Mackenzie looked at Leah with a big smile. "Mama!"
   Leah's jaw dropped. "Mack?"
   "Mama! Mama!"
   "Yes! That's me! I'm mama!" Leah smiled tearfully. "She said mama!"
   "Mama! Dada!"
   Zeke smiled. "That's right! We're mama and dada!"
   "I am so glad she finally said mama." Leah laughed.
   "She's been saying dada for a while, so I'm good."
   Leah playfully glared at him. "I'm gonna finish eating so I can go and to the doctor."
   "Whatever you need, babe." he laughed.

   "Hello, Ms. Mazarez." Dr. Luna smiled.
   "Hi." Leah said.
   "How are you?" she said as she began to do a check up.
   "I'm not too sure on that one, doc."
   "What's going on?"
   "Well . . . my body's been in pain. My back, head, and my boobs, mainly. And I've been throwing up."
   "I see." she nodded as she wrote it down. "Well, I'm gonna finish your check up then I want you to pee in a cup."
   "Why?"
   "I just need to see if I'm right."
   Leah nodded her head unsure. Not long later, Dr. Luna finished the checkup and handed Leah a cup.
   "There's a restroom right there." she pointed at a door in the room. "Just do what you need to do and I'll be right back in a few minutes."
   Leah nodded her head as Dr. Luna walked out of the room. Leah waited a few beats before going into the restroom. She then did what she needed to do and waited in the room, yet again.
   Dr. Luna walked back in the room. "Have you done it?"
   Leah nodded her head. "Yes. It's on the counter."
   Dr. Luna grabbed the cup. "I'll be back shortly."
   Leah felt her breathing increase once Dr. Luna left. She began to mess with her hands, not wanting to go on her phone. She looked out the window and at different things around the room.

   "No! Not right there!" Zeke said.
   "You said to put up!" Dak defended.
   "But not right there!"
   "Zeke, chill." Zoey said as she watched Mackenzie.
   "Zoe, I want this to be perfect. I know it's not our one or nine year anniversary, but it's still special. It's the day I met her and, ironically, the same day we got together few months after. I want to show that I love her."
   "She already knows. You don't have to over react about it all."
"I have every right. This, all of this is for her. And I'm the one who planned it, so if it goes wrong, it'll fall on me."
"She'll love and appreciate you trying though."
"It's not good enough for me."
"Sometimes, I don't think anything is." Dak said.
"Not really, unless you're Kenzie and Leah." Zeke nodded. "Can we please finish setting this up before she comes back? And before everyone else comes."
   "Well, we're almost done and people are starting to come. Hardy is here, so is Cee and D-Law."
   "Damn it. You know what, they can help. Those fuckers better hurry up. Cause we need all hands on deck."
   "Do you want me to call them, Captain?" Zoey teased.
   "I just need them to hurry. The party is gonna start soon and I want everyone here and all of this to be done before she comes."
   "You got it, Captain." Zoey said, playfully saluting him.
   "Are you sure about this?" Dak whispered.
   "Yes, I want this for her." Zeke nodded.
   "Zeke, you want long term with her when you can't be honest."
   "What have I lied about?"
   "Quite a good amount of shit. Playoffs is an example or even all that baggage from your past. Does any of that ring a bell?" Dak whispered roughly.
   "I know. I am going to tell her."
   "When?"
   "Soon. Don't worry. Just help finish setting this up."

   Leah sat in her car, eyes widened. Her hands were gripping the steering wheel as she sat in the parking lot. She bit her lip as she tilted her head back, trying to hold back her tears.

   Dr. Luna walked back into the room after a few more minutes of Leah waiting anxiously.
   "Ms. Mazarez, I have your results."
   Leahs heart was pounding at her ear drums. "O—Okay."
   "Have you been sexually active lately?"
   "What does that have to do with anything?"
   "We'll, Ms. Mazarez, it has a bit to do with it."
   "W—What do you mean by that?"
   "Leah, you're pregnant."
   She felt her heart drop. "W—What?"
   "Your test came back positive. You're pregnant."
   "I—I . . . I'm . . . P—Preg—Preg . . . Holy fudge . . . "
   "Ms. Mazarez?"
   "I—I can't be. I'm on the pill."
   "Did you forget to take it?"
   Leah began to think about it. "Fuck. Fuck, I forgot."  she covered her face, wanting to cry.
   "Ms. Mazarez, is everything okay?"
   "Timing . . . This is such bad timing. Everything just started and Mack . . . God, I messed up." she covered her mouth.
   "There's always another option."
   "No . . . I don't care how bad the timing is . . . This is my baby. My responsibility. My everything."

   Leah's hand went to her belly.

   "Would you like for me to set you an appointment for a sonogram then?" Dr. Luna said.
   "Yes. Please. How soon would it be?" Leah said.
   "Well, there's a clinic not that far from here. I know one of the people, she'll be able to do it in a week or so."
   Leah nodded her head. "Thank you."

   Leah wiped her eyes. She's pregnant. She was excited, of course she is. She's happy to be having a baby. But the timing is what worried her. Her and Zeke had a plan.
   Yes, there are things out of peoples control. But she should have kept track. She should have remembered to have taken that pill. She wasn't too sure if she was ready to talk about it with Zeke. Her heart pounded at the thought.
   Of course he was gonna want to keep the baby. He even said so himself . . . But what if he changed his mind? What if once he finds out, she's gone from his life? What if he doesn't want to keep the baby? Mackenzie is enough already then another one? God.
   Leah wasn't ready to go back. She doesn't want to tell him or see his face. His hurt, disappointed, and angry face from when she'll tell him the news. She felt sick to her stomach.
   She took a deep breath, trying to calm down. But it was hard. She was absolutely terrified. She turned on the car, but didn't leave. Her head fell back as she rubbed her face. She looked down at her stomach.
   "You're making me emotional, kid." Leah said. "Fun fact about mommy, she hates being emotional."
    She's talking to the baby now. Her baby. It made her stomach flutter and her heart skip a few beats. This definitely is Zeke's kid, cause only him can make her feel so giddy. Though they've been together for a while, he still makes her feel like a love struck teenager. She had to let him know . . . It didn't have to be right away, when she gets home.

   "Okay, she's a few minutes away. She just texted me." Zeke told Zoey and Dak.
   "Ooo, I can't wait to see her beat you." Dak smirked making Zoey laugh.
   "She's going to give me a big bear hug and kiss."
"You're dead."
"Very much so, yes. She's just gonna have to wait till the party is over and everyone is gone to kill me though."
"Zeke, Mackenzie won't take a nap." Diana said, walking up to Zeke with a crying Mackenzie.
"Alright, I got her." Zeke took Mackenzie from Diana. "Let me know right away if she's pulling into the driveway."
"Sir, yes, sir." Zoey saluted.
Zeke then walked passed the crowd of people in his home. Greeting them and what not as he made his way to Mackenzie's room.
"Okay, Kenzie. I'm gonna need you to knock out before momma gets home." Zeke said as he sat in the rocking chair. He rocked back and fourth with her, patting her back trying to get her to relax.
As Zeke sat there with Mackenzie, he began to reminisce about how crazy his life had been since Leah. She managed to make him fall in love with her, after he believed it wouldn't be able to, but then came her. They had a crazy amount of ups and downs. Him lying to protect her and them confessing that they love each other. Her taking in her sister and they claimed her as their daughter. They've been practically inseparable since her crash and getting her memories back. Almost as if they were glued at the hip.
He saw that Mackenzie was asleep and stood and layed her down carefully in her crib. He backed away from the crib and out the room slowly backing away. He closed the door and let out a breath.
   "Zeke, she's here." Zoey told him.
   "Really?!" he smiled excitedly and rushed down the stairs. He went outside to see Leah out of the car. "Babe!"
   Leah looked at him, her heart pounding out of her chest. "Z—Zeke, uhm—"
   "Come on! Let's go inside!" he began to take her to the front door.
   "Zeke, I really need to—"
   "Leah, whatever you do, don't get mad at me."
   She looked at him confused as he held the door knob. He opened the door, showing her all the people that were there.
   "Z—Zeke? What's going on?" she asked through a fake smile.
   "Well, you feel so alone most of the time and I wanted to show/prove to you that you are wrong."
   She felt her heart skip a beat. "Aww, Zeke."
   He gave her a kiss. "I love you so much, Leah. You have no idea how much I do and how much it drives me insane."
   "I love you more, Elliott."
   "I even got your sisters to help make your favorite foods, like enchiladas."
   "Oh, that sounds so good." she said, her mouth watering at the thought. She then shook her head. "Zeke, I really, really need to talk to you." she smiled awkwardly at the people staring. "Alone."
   "Okay. Let's talk outside." he held her hand. "We'll be right back, everyone!" he took her outside, closing the door behind them. "What's going on, love?"
   "W—Well, uhm . . . There's no easy way to say this . . . " Leah stuttered.
   He looked at her worriedly. "Leah, are you okay?"
   "Uhm . . . Oh, god, I can't figure out the words."
   "Leah, you're starting to scare me, what's going on?"
   "Zeke . . . I'm—"
   "Hey!" a cheery woman's voice said.
   The two turned to see someone they weren't expecting.
   "Tiffany?!" Leah smiled while Zeke gasped. They looked at each other confused. "You know her?!"
   Zeke shook his head and pushed Leah behind him before he glared at Tiffany. "What are you doing here?"
   "There was a party and I just had to come."  Tiffany smirked.
   "No. You have no business on coming here. I've said it before and I'll say it again till it goes through that thick skull of yours. Stay away from my family."
   "I don't know if I can do that."
   "Hang on a damn minute. How in the hell do you two know each other?" Leah said confused.
   "Remember twenty-seventeen? My crazy ass ex?" Zeke said.
   "What about her?"
   "This is her."
   Leah's eyes widened. "She's . . . Tiffany did all of that?"
   He nodded his head. "And threatened you and everything. So will you go away now, Tiffany?"
   "I will. But how did she not know that I was her? Was I just known as the mystery woman to her? What else does she not know, Zeke?" Tiffany smirked evilly.
   "Tiffany, don't." Zeke warned.
   "Zeke, what the hell is she talking about?" Leah said.
   "Oh, so she doesn't know? All the things that had happened after that incident?" Tiffany said.
   "Ezekiel Elijah Elliott, what the fuck is she talking about?"
   "Leah, please, I will explain everything. Just go inside and wait with Kenzie, please." Zeke said, fear was in his eyes.
   "So you can feed her more lies?" Tiffany said with a raised brow.
   "Shut the fuck up, Tiffany."
   "Lies? Seriously, what is she fucking talking about?" Leah said more sternly.
   "Sweetie, your lover boy has more of a past than you think. Getting arrested for trespassing, car wreckage, fighting a security officer, ticket after ticket for speeding. Oh, let's not forget exposing a woman's breast and someone caught that on film. Just to name a few."
   Leahs jaw dropped and she looked at Zeke stunned. "W—What?"
   "Leah, please." Zeke pleaded.
   "Oh, and what was that thing we talked about on thanksgiving too?" Tiffany pretend to ponder.
   "Tiffany, I'm serious. Stop." Zeke glared.
   "Thanksgiving?" Leahs voice held hurt. "You were with her during thanksgiving?"
   "Yes, I was—"
   "Are you fucking kidding me?!" Leah scoffed.
   "Well, he only fucked you so you wouldn't leave him. He knows how important virginity is to a woman. And he knew that if he fucked you, you would never leave him." Tiffany said with a devilish grin.
   Leah felt her breathing and her heart quicken. "Is it true?" she asked, her lip quivering.
   "Leah, please—" Zeke said.
   "No. Is it true?!"
   "Y—Yes."
   Leah felt her sick to her stomach. Lies. She's been told lies.
   "You lied to me." she muttered.
   "Leah, I didn't mean—"
   "You fucking lied to me!" she cried. "You lied to me since the fucking start?! Was all of this a lie too?! Was loving Mackenzie a lie?! Were you lying about loving me?! Did you even want to be with me?!"
   "Leah, I do love you and I want to be with you! I've loved you for the longest amount of time and I fucking love Mackenzie. Yes, I lied, but I had to."
   "No, you had to tell the truth! You had to be honest with me!"
   "Oh, like you didn't have your dirty laundry?"
   "I at least let you know everything! We're you just gonna keep it a secret from me?! How long until you were you gonna tell me?!"
   "I was gonna tell you eventually—"
   "Eventually?! Are you fucking kidding me?! Eventually?! Eventually basically means never!" she shook her head. She glared at Tiffany, though her tears were stinging her eyes. "You need to get out of here. Now!"
   Tiffany raised her arms up in self defense as she kept her evil grin. "Okay. Whatever. I did what told you I was gonna do, Zeke. I was gonna ruin your life."
   "Just shut the fuck up and get out of here you fucking ugly ass bitch."
   "Should I be offended?" Tiffany scoffed.
   "I'm offended just by looking at you and you still being here. Go. The. Fuck. Away!"
   Tiffany scoffed and with that she was gone.
   Zeke reached out for Leah. "Leah—"
   "Don't you fucking touch me. You've touched and done enough to me already." Leah glared before she walked into the house.
   Stomping past everyone's worried expressions. She went to Mackenzie's room and picked her up carefully. She walked passed Zeke, who stood at the bottom of the stairs.
   "Leah, what are you doing?" Zeke said as he began to follow her.
   "Stay away from us." Leah said as she began to buckle Mackenzie in her car seat.
   "You're not taking her from me. That's my daughter."
   "Last time I checked. She didn't have anything close to your DNA. So she's mine. I want you gone and out of my life."
   "Leah, please. Don't leave me. Don't take Kenzie from me." Zeke began to cry.
   "Now you know how it feels. You always walk away from me, leaving me. No. Not this time. I walk away and leave you here. You don't get to do that."
   "Leah—"
   "Zeke. No, I can't deal with this. Go back to that party you're having. They're your friends." Leah said opening her car door. "You're never gonna change. You were going to keep on feeding me lie after lie after lie."
   "Leah, please don't leave me." Zeke cried. "You said we'd be together forever and nothing could make me lose you."
"And I thought liars are able to detect another liar. Wow, we were both lying to each other." she went in her car.
   But no matter the pleading and begging he would do. She was gone.
   Her car. Gone.
   Mackenzie. Gone.
   Her. Gone.
   He lost everything. He failed at life. He lost his child and the woman he loves more than life itself. Why did the world do it to him? All he did was lie. That doesn't mean take away his two reasons to live.

   Leah pulled into the driveway. Still crying. She looked down at her belly and covered her mouth. She's pregnant with his child. Why did it have to be his? Why is she still in fucking love with him?!
   "Leah?" she saw Parsons standing near her car.
   She got out of her car. She had to forget. She has to get the memory of him out of her head.
   She got out the car and went to Parsons. She grabbed his face, pressing her lips against his. He didn't fight back or question it. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. His lips felt nice, they're amazing. But there's really just one problem . . . They're not his. They're not Zeke's.
(I will come back and edit it if needed. This is the final chapter for this book. I will be coming out with a sequel book. Thank you so much for the love and support for this book and I'll see you guys next time. Bye!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 142 22
Marissa is a 18 year old girl who plays football. She is a normal teenager with average grades and good friends. Her best friend, Andy, is 19. They'v...
1.6M 69.6K 39
Carter is a disabled 19 years old ex football player. After an accident one year ago, he was cursed to a lifetime in a wheelchair. Ryder is an a...
432 87 18
" It's not about who becomes your friend but it's all about who stays . " The beginning was great , a bunch of highschoolers who are friends since m...
61.3K 2K 38
Jay an in the closet 16 years old had a great life. She was good at baseball, amazing actually. But then her mom got in an accident, everything chang...