evolve// 5SOS

By 5sosxruel

With Gabi and Luke being practically inseparable, they really were 'like father like daughter'. They'd always... More

evolve
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
55
56
57
SEQUEL
gabi-verse

54

989 41 7
By 5sosxruel

Gabi

"Surprise!"

Everyone popped out from behind the sofa and set off confetti canons, Maddox laughing beside me as I jumped back.

Cake was laid out on the table with party hats, and they had stuck birthday banners around the living room.

"What's going on?"

"Well we didn't get to celebrate your birthday properly," Julian said, running over to hug me, "So we thought we could surprise you!"

"You came over,"

"We had no party," April huffed, putting a party hat on my head, "So here it is,"

"Thank you,"

Maja grabbed a lighter and began to light the candles, so Henry and Maddox closed all the curtains and turned out any lights, then they carried the cake over and everyone began to sing.

I hated being the centre of attention with my friends, honestly.

I blew the candles out and they clapped, then passed me the knife to cut it. One thing I did notice was that my hand was still, and so did Maddox, who gave me a nod across the table. That was enough to make me smile.

"What are you waiting for?"

"I'm deciding how much I want for myself,"

"There's another one in the fridge so..."

Everyone held their paper plates, so I gave them all a slice and we took it to the table outside, Henry putting music on his speaker.

"Thank you guys, I appreciate you a lot. This has probably been one of the hardest times in my life,"

"Don't thank us for being your friend," Henry said firmly, "I know we piss about but we have done the bare minimum,"

"I wouldn't call this the bare minimum, but thank you,"

"For someone as incredible as you, this is the bare minimum," Maddox said quietly, intertwining our fingers.

"Cheers to that,"

After cake, we played board games, then April and Henry brought out some buffet food they had made.

It was a good time, with good people, and I felt good.

As the evening set on, we cracked open the alcohol and had some drinks, though I only had a couple for I knew Ashton was counting on me to make sure this place looked okay tomorrow.

Everyone else drank a lot more, and went inside to dance together. They seemed to be having fun, so I cut another slice of cake and wrapped it up, telling April I'd be back before quietly leaving the house.

I made my way back to dad's cabin and pulled my phone out, telling Sierra to come out to the front. When she did, I held out the cake.

"What's this?"

"Cake. For you,"

"Oh, thank you,"

"I cut it myself,"

"Oh. Oh! You did?"

She came down the steps and took it, then wrapped her arm round me.

"Have you had alcohol?"

"A little bit,"

"Your friends?"

"A bit more than a little bit,"

"Are you wanting to hang here?"

"No, I just wanted to bring you cake I had cut. Because you're the one who helped,"

"Thank you," she said, her lip starting to quiver, "You are so thoughful,"

She pulled me into her body again and let out a deep breath, squeezing me tightly.

"Sorry, I don't know why I am crying,"

"Because I'm not pretending to throw up at your face?"

"Yeah, maybe,"

"I missed you. Like I missed dad,"

"I missed you too! I feel like we are so used to being around each other now,"

"Maybe,"

"You should get back to your friends, I will enjoy this cake, but your uncles will be very jealous,"

"They've had lots of my cake,"

"Alright. I will see you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Yeah,"

"Make sure you get a good sleep, you have a big day ahead,"

Once I had got back to the cabin, I got ready for bed and went to sleep, knowing everyone else would soon.

It was the best sleep of my life, I swore. The day seemed to have lined up perfectly- sometimes that happened, I guessed.

**

In the morning, I let everyone have a lie in, and decided to sweep up all the confetti and take the banners down. Then, I emptied everything into the bin outside, and threw away any food we couldn't keep besides breakfast things.

"Good morning," Julian yawned, coming to the kitchen, "When do we have to leave?"

"In about an hour,"

"Okay. Did you sleep okay?"

"Really well actually, you?"

"Same. Thanks for inviting us to this, it was really fun,"

"Who else was I gonna invite?"

He nudged my side and laughed, then got himself some cereal and sat at the table.

Shortly after, April and Henry came through, then they used the kettle which woke Maddox.

She gave me a kiss on the cheek and made coffee, then looked at the time and cursed.

"I haven't packed,"

"Eat quickly then,"

"Maja needs to wake up,"

"She packed yesterday, and told me not to wake her up until 9:50," Julian said.

"Of course she did,"

Once we had eaten, April cleared the kitchen again and we all packed up, then they all packed their bags into the cars while Mads and I put ours by the door.

I checked every room, then we said goodbye to everyone else as they left.

Part of me was quite sad it was over, but knowing I still had time with Maddox was comforting.

Dad pulled round in his car and honked the horn, so we took our bags out and locked the door, Maddox putting them in the boot. Then, we climbed into the back and drove to check out.

"Do you have the spare cake?"

"No,"

"Damn,"

"My mum will have bought cake, don't worry," Maddox said, "She goes all out,"

"Oh she doesn't have to, we don't expect anything!"

"Are you staying with us?"

"We are gonna stick to the hotel, we think. Thank you for the offer,"

"Mum and dad really want you to stay, they say the hotels aren't good,"

"Maddox, it's okay," Dad said firmly, "But thank you,"

"You'll eat with us though?"

"Of course, we will come over,"

"Good,"

After making her point, she shut her eyes and fell asleep again on the car door, so I put a blanket over her and plugged my headphones in. I wasn't feeling too chatty, for my stomach was in knots.

What if her parents thought I wasn't good enough for her? Sometimes I had a small worry I wasn't, but usually pushed it under the rug.

"Gabi?"

"Hm?"

"Did you have a good time?"

"Yeah,"

"Good. How are you feeling?"

"Okay. A bit better, I had fun,"

"I am glad to hear. How nervous are you to meet her parents?"

"Very,"

"Me too," he whispered, "We just have to be ourselves,"

"I don't know how,"

"Don't try and prank them and say they have lipstick on their teeth?" Sierra suggested, "Kidding. Be polite, and if they don't lead the conversation them ask about them, or talk about Maddox,"

Knowing Sierra still remembered everything I said made me feel incredibly guilty, despite the joking. Clearly it had hit home.

"That's good advice. I'll be there to start with,"

"Please can I have a drink?"

Sierra passed a bottle back and I sipped it, watching out the window as we drove.

When we got closer, I could tell this area had money. Huge amounts of money. Mads' house was insane.

"We are almost here, wake Maddox up,"

I shoved her arm and she groaned, shoving me back playfully before opening her eyes.

"Where abouts am I going?"

"You have to... um, you have to go to the gate and talk," she yawned, "Click the buzzer,"

Dad stopped at the gate and did as she said, then the gate opened and we drove down quite a long drive.

Her house was stunning. They had 3 cars outside, and a huge door at the top of some steps. There was a lot of grass around, and an array of lots of flowers.

"You can park anywhere,"

"Okie dokie,"

"Just take your shoes off at the door, that's basically the only rule,"

We parked up and dad got all the suitcases out, the front door bursting open as he did.

A slim woman with dark hair ran over, her green floral dress swooshing behind her. She had fluffy sliders on, and grabbed Maddox by the face, smothering her in kisses.

"My angel,"

"Hey, mum,"

"I missed you. Marco! Come on!"

Her dad followed much calmly behind, and wore jeans and a polo top, gently hugging Maddox from the side.

"You must be Luke," he said, shaking dad's hand, "Nice to meet you. I'll give you a hand,"

"Sierra?"

"Yeah,"

"I'm Angie," she said, shaking Sierra's hand, "And the star of the show, you must be Gabi,"

I nodded, feeling my cheeks start to burn red.

"Oh don't get all nervous like that, come inside," she said, putting her arm round my shoulder, "We can leave the dad's with the bags, let's get you a nice cup of tea. Decaf,"

"How did you know?"

"I know everything," she winked, "Oh I am so glad to have you both here,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

together By A

Fanfiction

557K 13.8K 52
"Why do you always stay with me?" "I like it when we're together"
23.8M 161K 162
preferences by me on tumblr ( HIGHEST RANKING: fanfiction #10 ) ( cover template by @estreIIas ) ( warning: these were made back in 2014-2016 and i m...
15.6K 1K 56
SEQUEL TO RESTART / BOOK 5 IN EVOLVE SERIES Things were moving forward for the Irwins (thought not officially all Irwins, this is what they called t...
2.5K 132 33
{WARNING THIS IS MAJOR CRINGE AND I WAS 13 AT THE TIME SOOOO ENJOY} who knew that me, Charlie duke would have cancer, who knew that I would be dying...