From Then Till Now: A Jamaica...

By Iamtashany

Leah Mitchell, the best friend to Shanya Holt, develops a deep attraction for the man sent to protect her. Fo... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30❗
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55❗
Chapter 56❗
Chapter 57
Chapter 58❗
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75 ❗
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Bonus Chapter
Author's Note
Update

Chapter 38

4.2K 545 385
By Iamtashany

Remember to VOTE and leave a comment on this chapter!!!

Shanya's POV

Wednesday 6:00 PM

I left school late today, I was all over the campus trying to sort out stuff for my presentation on Friday. I'm feeling tired and off, I took a quick shower, Alex is working, and Leah is going on a date with her man so I'm taking a walk and stopping by my mother before I eat, I feel nauseous and some fresh air should do me good.

I exit the house and after a few steps I feel tired, it's like my legs can't move. I stop and take several deep breaths before trying to move again.

"Yuh see yuh likkle pickney, yuh gi trouble just like yuh big head fada," I put my hand on my stomach and speak to my baby.

"What's wrong?" I jump and scream in fright at the sound of Alex's voice.

I turn around and shake my head at him, "Wah yuh a watch mi fah, yuh no seh yuh busy inna yuh office?" I smirk at him and put my hand over my heart.

"I am but I need to also know that you're ok," he says and wraps his arms around my waist.

"I just felt extremely tired, like my legs couldn't carry me," I explain.

"Yes, because yuh deh pon campus a walk up and down todeh, you need to let Blake drive you to your classes or wherever you need to go Nya," he says and I sigh knowing that he's right.

"Ok Alex," I reply and he kisses my forehead.

"Come let me drive you," he lifts me and walks over to the G Wagon, he puts me to stand and opens the door then helps me in before walking around and hopping into the driver's seat.

"Alex yuh really nah buy mi a wagon?" I ask and he looks over at me.

"Wah yuh want Wagon fi do Nya?" He questions.

"Wah you do wid it? I want a black one with pink rims," I state.

"Yuh hardly waan drive d Benz and yuh complain about not having a less expensive vehicle now yuh want Wagon," he says and kisses his teeth.

"I want a regular vehicle for school, but I'll use the others outside of school," I explain.

"Mrs. Holt, a school alone yuh go, so dat no mek no sense," he comments, and I kiss my teeth.

"Mi want one and you are just being mean," I say and I don't know why the fuck I'm crying.

Alex puts his head on the steering wheel and groans before sighing.

"Fine, just stop the crying," he says and holds up his head then hugs me.

We see Jubba's Jaguar come around the corner. Alex flashes him and he stops and rolls down the window.

"So fancy," Alex teases making Jubba laugh.

"Where are you taking my girl?" I ask.

"Omar's restaurant on the waterfront, you've been there Shanny," Leah responds, and Alex and I laugh.

"Yes, I know the parking lot very well," I wink at her.

"Lawd unu must gwaan better enuh," Jubba says and chuckles.

"Take lots of pics," I say to Lee.

"I sent some to you already, go through and tell me what to post," she replies and I grin.

"Ok have fun and don't do anything that I wouldn't do," Alex says.

"That doesn't leave much, bye," Jubba laughs out loud as he drives out of the yard.

"Woiiii look pon dis! This hot bad, fit fi d gram!" I say to Alex as I show him Leah and Jubba's shoe pic.

He rolls his eyes; he has never been interested in these things. Alex doesn't do social media, he doesn't even use WhatsApp, but he knows about every single one.

He says social media makes people overshare and he has nothing to share. Surprisingly he doesn't have a problem with me being on social media and most times he helps me vet my photos.

I send a quick text to Leah, telling her to post that pic with a hot caption on WhatsApp but tone it down for IG.

"Still going to Aunty's house?" Alex questions and I rest my head on his shoulder, I feel dizzy and tired.

"Do you still have work to do?" I ask in response to his question.

"Yeah, mi av a one job fi do fi the PM," he answers.

"Yes, take me to Mummy then, the PM stuff always tek long and mi ago bored," I pout, and he laughs.

"I'll be about thirty minutes, I'll come get you," he says as he drives me to Mummy's house.

Alex's POV

It takes me less than thirty minutes to finish the job, but I decide to give Nya some time with her mother.

As I'm getting up from the desk my phone rings, Aunty is calling me.

"Hey Aunty," I answer.

"Alex! Somn wrong wid Shanny!" She screams but I don't hear anything else that she's saying.

I reach outside and jump in the car reaching Aunty's house in record time. I hop out of the car and burst into the house. Nya is sitting on the sofa but her eyes look glazed, I bend in front of her and hold her face in between my hands.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I ask but she's struggling to speak. I scoop her up and rush outside with her, I put her in the back of the car and Aunty climbs in with her.

As I speed out of the yard, I see Blake and Germs standing and talking, I honk the horn hard signalling to them that something is wrong.

"Siri call Mom!" I shout.

"Hey Baby," she answers.

"Mama, something's wrong with Nya, I'm on my way to UHWI," I quickly say.

"On my way!" She exclaims and the phone disconnects.

Jubba's POV

"Leah, yuh cyaan put dung d phone?" I ask as we are escorted to our seat.

"Look, I'm posting my date night pics," she says showing me her phone. I laugh when I see her caption.

It says, 'These feet will be on his shoulders tonight,' I shake my head.

"Only mi foot yuh can show?" I smirk at her.

"Mi post yuh ugly face long time," she says, and I roll my eyes and grin at her.

"No badda have no problem wid d people dem food Leah, else mi nah carry yuh go no weh again, please be on your best behaviour," I tease her.

"Shut up and lef mi alone," she responds and laughs.

My phone rings, Germs is calling me.

"Wah yuh want Bredda?" I ask as I answer the phone.

"Jubba! Somn wrong, Alex speed outta d yard, wi deh behind him and it look like him a go a d hospital!" He shouts and I jump up from d table.

"Let's go," I say to Leah as I pick up her purse and grab her hand, running from the restaurant.

"Jordon, what's going on?" She questions.

"I don't know but it looks like Alex is on his way to the hospital.

I speed out of the parking lot, trying not to overthink. I can't call Alex now but if something is medically wrong, he's going to call Lilli or Tricia.

"Siri, call Lilli," I say and wait impatiently for the phone to ring.

"I'm almost there, are you there yet?" She responds.

"Lilli I'm not with Alex, what's going on?" I ask with my heart in my mouth.

"Something is wrong with Shanya, I don't know what but I'm almost there," she says and ends the call.

"Bomboclaat!" I curse and Leah starts bawling.

"Leah! Calm down baby, I need to focus," I say as I put on my four-way and start moving through traffic, my hand doesn't lift off the horn, I should get a siren.

I instruct Siri to call Dane.

"Yow, how yuh deh pon date and a call mi?" He jokes.

"Somn do Shan, Alex is on his way to UHWI!" I shout.

"On my way!" He exclaims and ends the call.

It takes me twenty minutes to get to the hospital, I quickly find parking and rush inside. I see Germs and Blake in the waiting area, they are both crying.

"What's going on?" I question as I run up to them.

"Shanny dead Jubba," Germs cries, and I hold onto the chair for support.

Mi pussyclaat!

"Wah, wah yuh seh?" I barely recognise my voice.

He starts hyperventilating, "Oh God Jubba, Shan gone," he holds his belly, bends over and starts wailing.

I am just in time to catch Leah as she faints.

A nurse rushes over, she calls for someone and they put her on a stretcher and wheel her into a nearby room. She tells me to wait outside but I tell her no.

I stand and watch as they work, and Leah wakes up. I honestly think they need to put her back to sleep, she's wailing, and I don't know what to do.

I step outside of the room; I need to get some answers.

Don't leave without VOTING!!!

😭😭😭😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 457 13
"Nuh know if yuh feel a some likkle ediat yuh deh wid inno" he said. "Try nuh fuck yuh self yer likkle girl", his grip on my neck loosen as he walks...
24.8K 845 30
OK so this is a Jamaican book patois (patwa)will be in it so if you don't understand/know it i suggest you don't read it . This book 🫶is honestly my...
70.6K 7.5K 46
This story is told from two perspectives. From someone who longed for all life had to offer, Kalíanna, who had the ideal life that many would kill fo...
1.2M 116K 83
He turned a church girl into his personal freak.