Parallel lives [COMPLETE] [BX...

By DarkAquariuswriter

Three young men of different ages begin to discover love, and all that it entails. Numa, Lucas and Leon have... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47 - Part II
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76 - The End

Chapter 34

6 1 0
By DarkAquariuswriter

Light streamed through the window, making him blink. A thunderous and unbearable noise made him jump out of bed. He groped with his hand and threw away the alarm clock, but when he saw that the sound continued, he opened his eyes furiously.

It was the cell phone. Who was calling at that hour? He needed to find first that little device, then he would press the button to answer and say a couple of things to the one who dared to call him so early in the morning. Stumbling and whining, he made his way to the living room where he has left his cell phone the night before. He was already awake.

When he picked it up, the voice froze his thoughts at that instant.

"Leon, it's me Numa. Finally!¨

"Hi...hello."

"Were you sleeping? It's almost noon."

Leon brushed his hair out of his face. Almost noon? Has he overslept? "Shit, I have business politics today."

"Hey, I know I should not call you, but did you get a job yet?"

Leon looked at his cell phone as if he misheard. "Job?"

"No."

"Are you looking for one or do you live off your parents?"

Leon felt the urge to throw the cell phone against the wall, he had to calm down.

"Numa, don't fuck around, I'm in a foul mood, tired so I recommend you save your comments for another day and besides, told you not to call me.. so what do you want?"

He was angry and blurted out

"And I wasn't planning to call you, I remember what you told me, don't worry. This is an exception, last night I received a message from the manager of Doble Sense, their bartender quit and they are looking for a replacement."

"and?"

"Hello? it could be your chance, I know you have no experience but if you are interested I could recommend you and you could get the job."

Leon laughed, confused and annoyed at the same time

"...after all, you do care about me."

"Of course I do, I consider you a friend even though you don't care about me. And I told you that if I could help you I would. Well, do you want the job, or not? Before rushing your answer, think what this jobs means: guys, drinks and good tips."

Leon let out a sigh, for the first time the image of Numa came to his mind, of that time in the hotel when he has fallen asleep in his arms. He clenched his fist tightly.

"Why me?"

"I think it's the perfect job for you...oh, another thing...".

"What?" asked Leon a little worried.

"You have to go with me to the interview...and..."

"¿and?"

"Nothing. You interested?"

"Yes."

"We meet Friday at 10 p.m., at the entrance of Double Sense."

Leon pulled his hair out of his face again, still curious about something.

"Okay. Numa, what was it you wanted to tell me?"

"Oh that?...I'm seeing someone. Take care. Bye."

Before Leon could answer, Numa already hung up. Surely it was that asshole Lucas, he thought angrily. He was very handsome but beyond that there was nothing. "Numa is a fool, well better, once he gets bored I'll getmy chance".

Although not to lie to himself, he wasn't too sure about that, however that's something he would never admit.

He went to the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth, "Barman" the word came to his mind, he would be in one of the privileged positions, "although if the press finds out it will destroy my father's reputation" he smiled satisfied "Then we will have to find a way to make them find out".

He suddenly put his hand to his head, he was an idiot, he hasn't said anything about Agustín, he found out from one of the guys who knew everybody. Well then I would take advantage of the meeting to talk to him about it.

#

Lucas left the institute in a hurry, Numa left early, since his class had some free hours and they agreed to go after lunch for a walk and maybe go to the movies.

He entered the house like a flash and was surprised to see his sister with the food ready, and waiting for him.

He saw the table set, and only two plates which meant that his cousin was not there. His sister smiled at him and served the food.

ucas smiled as he sat down at the table

"didn't you go to college today?

Manon smiled happily.

"No, I didn't feel like it. Your mood went a serious change since you started dating Numa!"

"Leave me alone."

Her sister pinched him affectionately.

Lucas blushed, he rarely blushed and they were always provoked by his sister.

"Do you have plans with him today? Hey, have you already done it?"

"Manon! By the way, Giovanni is still missing, is he still living in this house?"

"Well, that's what I was thinking about. Lately I see him very little around here and it's worrying me, although he goes out a lot with Leon but I also heard he has a new group of friends. He received a package from Italy on Monday with a lot of his personal belongings.

Lucas dropped the cutlery on the plate and his expression went from astonishment to anger.

"I knew it, that bastard wants to stay here."

"Lucas calm down. That's not what worries me, actually more the fact that his mother is not making a fuss.  I bet, something happened in Italy that we are not aware of. It's not a way of acting from Aunt Tecla to leave him like that. There is something we don't know"

"Any ideas?"

"Honestly? He screwed up and had to leave and that's why he came all the way here. However if I ask him directly, he's capable of treating me like a crazy person."

"It is strange indeed, he hasn't been bothering me at all, he's not hanging around anymore."

"I know Lucas. I don't know how to find out, aunt won't tell me,"

"Did you tell Leon to be careful?"

"No. Why do you care about Leon? I thought you hated him"

"It's true, I don't like him but he should be careful. You don't know the whole story about Giovanni, he is a son of a bitch Manon, seriously, he should be careful."

"There is nothing we can do right now, next time I will talk to him. He should start packing his stuff and move somewhere else. His attitude and all the mystery about his departure from Italy is giving me a very bad feeling."

After lunch Lucas left running towards Numa's house where they agreed to meet. As there was no one around they kissed shortly but deep, the wound on Numa's lip was almost completely healed, he could open his mouth normally and the kisses have intensified in a delicious way.

Numa pressed himself against that body for a few seconds.

"Tomorrow is Thursday, I'm going back to the gym."

Lucas tensed up and pushed him away firmly and took a breath before answering, Numa knew he was swallowing a scream.

"How so?" was all Lucas said.

"I don't expect you to understand, but that's what I will do...."

"Are you crazy? Do you want them to kill you? Why don't you report them?"

Numa looked at him evidently irritated.

"Lucas, you don't know anything about this world, if I report them it's as if I were sentencing myself to death, they're going to put me down, they're not guys you want to have a score to settle. I know my limits."

"But if..."

"Lucas no, I'm not going that way. The laws of the street work differently, I know that pretty well, Lucas. I spent part of my childhood on the streets, I know how to deal with them. The best I can do is go back, as nothing has happened here."

"It's absurd."

"I know, I told you before, I don't expect you to understand."

"I understand, and that's why I think..."

" Lucas, no!" he grabbed him by the arm and stared at him, he was annoyed "Read my lips N O!,  I'll go back to the gym like I'm expected to and that's it."

He knew they wouldn't make fights easy for him. But he would try, he wasn't afraid, he would face it no matter what and whoever the fight was against.

Lucas looked at him silently reproving his plan.

"You're supposed to support me, aren't you?," he felt a disappointment choking his chest,

He turned and started walking in the direction of the bus stop to go downtown. Lucas followed him and before Numa could avoid it he hugged him from behind tightly, burying his face in his neck.

"I'm worried about you, don't ask me to agree to something I know it could hurt you."

Numa stood there feeling the warmth that those arms wrapped around him. He raised his face to meet Lucas' black eyes.

"Ok" he answered almost in a whisper, he got rid of his embrace and let out a shudder when he felt Lucas' kiss behind his ear "Let's go, otherwise we won't get to the movie on time."

#

Manon gathered the things from the dining room and placed them on the sink. She let out a sigh, an idea was in her head but she was afraid at the same time. She left the kitchen with a determined step, when she arrived at the door of the guest room she knocked hard with her fist. 

No one answered, so he turned the handle and opened it unsteadily.

She stood there for a few seconds looking at the bed, the suitcase on one side, the papers on the bedside table and the box that had arrived on Monday, which was already empty. She took a step but instantly backed away, she did not dare to go through her cousin's things. 

Leon's name came to her mind, maybe she could ask him the favor of inviting him to Giovanni's apartment one night, so she could check all the things with peace of mind. Of course she knew him well enough and did not think he would be willing to do it, but she could try. It was either that or put an investigator on him, which seemed to him very exaggerated, and almost like a movie, not to mention that they cost some money.

Resigned she closed the door and returned to the kitchen thinking about when and how she would talk to Leon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

461 24 23
Dwight and Joshua discovered each other through social media. Until one night when finally they see the physical appearance of each other-it's not ju...
34.9K 1.2K 40
[COMPLETED] Meet Jacob and Theodore, the polar opposites within a tight-knit circle of the most esteemed members of society. Jacob's the laid-back an...
3.4K 152 23
ITS FINISHED EVERYONE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. I HOPE THIS STORY MEANS AS MUCH TO YOU AS IT DOES ME. (Please don't let the first chapter stop you...
656 102 40
Han Ye Jun is known as the "Ice Prince" around campus due to his being attractive, gregarious, and incapable of getting jealous. Lee Jong In is his s...