evolve// 5SOS

נכתב על ידי 5sosxruel

With Gabi and Luke being practically inseparable, they really were 'like father like daughter'. They'd always... עוד

evolve
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
SEQUEL
gabi-verse

49

1K 42 7
נכתב על ידי 5sosxruel

Gabi

"Morning!"

Maddox and I both groaned as Michael opened the curtains, whistling as he undid the blinds too.

Then, he looked at us and snorted, shaking his head.

"Ashton is coming in half an hour,"

"What!"

"Kidding. 45 minutes,"

"Can I shower? Maddox asked.

"You may, but do you want breakfast first?"

"You're making it?"

"I can do, if you want. How quick do you shower?"

"Quick,"

"Go on, Gabi and I will cook,"

He went and got her a towel, then she went one way and we went the other, down to the kitchen. I tied my hair back again on the way then wiped the sleep from my eyes as Michael pulled me into his side.

"How are you feeling?"

"Good,"

"I am so relieved to hear that. Do you take your medicine before or after breakfast?"

"After. Do you have any board games I can take?"

"Raid the cupboard,"

"Thanks,"

"You can take any movies too. I assume you guys will just be chilling,"

"Yeah, I will because I can't do anything intense. Hot tub and the beach,"

"Are you taking your car then?"

"Julian can drive, he has a car. And Henry... I have forgotten who is driving,"

"Julian has a car? Our Julian?"

"Yes. He isn't your Julian,"

"I've watched him grow up, he is my Julian," he insisted, "I think I have spent the most time with your friends, after your dad. Maybe even before your dad,"

"That's because you leave us alone,"

He pulled a face and mocked me, so I kicked his leg and opened the cupboard to get what we needed for pancakes.

Mike had all the latest technology, and just about every unnecessary kitchen appliance ever, so he had a thing specifically for pancakes. It could go slow, so we could do other things at the same time; I wanted eggs and bacon too.

Having my appetite back was nice.

"I like your nails,"

"Thanks. Sierra got blue as well because dad was pushing for us to match. I hate it when he does that, he gets really pushy about me and Sierra bonding,"

"I think he just wants to help,"

"It makes me not want to be with her,"

"Have you told him?"

"Good luck getting him to listen," I mumbled, "He doesn't value what I say as much as you guys,"

"I think that's a little unfair, didn't he tell you the other day that he understood?"

"He didn't act upon it,"

"I think him getting to spend a few days away from home, and away from his work, with us all, will help,"

"You're saying I am the problem?"

"Gabi, you know I am not," he said sternly, taking the spatula from me, "Can you please make sure you get some sleep this trip?"

"I slept plenty last night,"

"Not buying it. You are too quick on your feet with sharp comments,"

"Surely being quick means,"-

"Gabriella,"

"Don't call me that,"

"Gabi," he said, "Take a deep breath and talk to me properly,"

"I'm not 3,"

"You're acting like it, a little,"

"I just wanted to tell you about dad and have someone understanding. Don't you think he should've got the message by now? I have told him a dozen times to keep out of it, so has Sierra,"

He shrugged and cracked the eggs, opening his mouth, then shutting it when Maddox appeared.

"I will talk to him,"

"That smells so good," Maddox said, wrapping her hands round my waist, "Good morning,"

"You brushed your teeth?"

"I don't want morning breath. I swear you never have it,"

"I don't sleep enough for it to be considered morning breath,"

Michael raised his eyebrow at me, for I had obviously just told him I had slept lots, but I just turned and kissed Mads.

"Do any of you guys actually know how to cook for the next few days?"

"April and Henry can,"

"Nice. Maddox, you can't cook?"

"Who is gonna teach me to cook?"

"I guess you're right,"

He put down two plates of breakfast, and took his to the living room, so I sat opposite Maddox and ate. I could tell she was watching me as I did, but didn't blame her.

As much as going through so many different emotions was confusing for me, it was probably even worse for her.

"Is Ash gonna buy us alcohol?"

"Ashton,"

"Hm?"

"He's called Ashton,"

"Oh,"

I twisted my lip and she took a bite of her food, looking at me expectantly.

"What?"

"Doesn't matter,"

"Oh. Wait, yeah, he will get us alcohol,"

"Okay,"

"Why can't I call him Ash?"

"That's not his name,"

"He told me to say Ash,"

"Oh,"

For some reason, that hurt a little. It was his name obviously, but I thought I was special for getting to call him Ash. It was special to me. Like calling Michael, Mike. Or Calum, Cal.

Personally, I didn't shorten someones name without a level of intimacy. 

And lately I had taken after dad, and got a bit defensive about how much Maddox was involved in my life. I was worried that people would see me differently if we ever broke up.

"You're overthinking, aren't you?"

"Hm?"

"You zoned out,"

"Sorry,"

"Do you feel okay?"

I nodded and finished breakfast, excusing myself to get dressed- I went for leggings and a sweatshirt, for I was tired.

As I brushed my teeth, Maddox joined me, and shut the bathroom door. She hovered there for a bit, then as I dried my mouth she cleared her throat.

"Are we good?"

"Yeah,"

"Okay,"

"Sorry I just, I... there's a lot. Ignore me,"

"I will call the guys by their full name if that makes you feel better. I get it, you have such a close bond with everyone. This isn't something I am used to so I was just copying,"

"That's... actually really sweet. I love you,"

"I love you more,"

"Nope,"

"Ashton is here!"

She kissed my cheek then waited for me, taking my hand as we went downstairs. Michael was putting our bags in the boot, so I put my shoes on and shuffled my way over to Ashton's door, knocking on his window.

His face lit up, and he opened the door, letting me hug him.

"Good morning,"

"Hey,"

"How are you feeling this morning?"

"Good,"

"Brilliant. Are we picking anyone else up on the way?"

"I don't think so,"

"Hop in,"

I climbed in the back, followed by Maddox, then waved goodbye to Michael who was left with our washing up.

"Ashton,"

"Gabi,"

"Are we getting alcohol?"

"I'm not sure about that,"

"But you owe me one, remember? From in the hospital?"

"How many of you are 18?"

"It's just Maja who isn't!"

"I will think, but they're all gonna have to go to the car. Do you both have ID?"

"Yes,"

"Mkay. I supposed we can get a little. Are they on their way?"

"They just got there,"

"Okie dokie,"

A couple of minutes later, we also arrived, and Ashton parked by the entrance.

He tried to insist I took my wheelchair round, but I refused, and instead went across to where my friends were all stood.

"Gabi! You look so much better," April said, hugging me, "I an so excited,"

"Me too,"

"Me three," Maja added, "Hi, Ashton,"

"Good morning. Shall we get inside?"

"Where's your wheelchair?" Henry asked.

"Car,"

"Nice,"

"Right," Ashton said, clapping his hands, "Someone get a cart, let's make sure you guys are stocked up,"

"How much?" I asked.

"Get what you want. Remember its only a few days, but this is for Gabi's birthday, so do with that information what you will,"

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

23K 209 49
I DO NOT OWN THESE!!! ALL FROM TUMBLR UNLESS I SAY SO!!!!!! THANK YOU TO THE AMAZING BEATIFUL PEOPLE THAT WROTE THIS!!!
16.7K 429 10
When June turns 18 she is suddenly forced to grow up. After her parents death she is the one who has to take care of her little sister but being 18 d...
together נכתב על ידי A

ספרות חובבים

557K 13.8K 52
"Why do you always stay with me?" "I like it when we're together"
115K 1.4K 26
"Sweetie can you hear me?" A faded voice spoke making me groan from pain and meet his brown eyes. "Where's Scott?" I asked. "And dad?" "They're gonna...