evolve// 5SOS

Por 5sosxruel

With Gabi and Luke being practically inseparable, they really were 'like father like daughter'. They'd always... Más

evolve
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
SEQUEL
gabi-verse

48

1.1K 42 19
Por 5sosxruel

Gabi

"Best massage ever,"

"Your dad fell asleep,"

"I rested my eyes," he scoffed, "What is it now?"

"Lunch, then nails," Sierra said, "Did you enjoy your facial?"

I nodded and she smiled, putting her arm round me. Her and dad had gone for an extra long couples massage, while I had a facial and then a shorter massage.

Being alone was kind of nice- fully alone. Dad had insisted someone be with me every second during the day, lately.

"Are we gonna match?" Sierra asked, "I was thinking red,"

"Yeah, okay,"

"Luke?"

"Think I'll go for black,"

"Not red?" I asked, "To match?"

"Not this time,"

"Oh, I might get blue then,"

"You can still match with Sierra,"

I looked up at him and he gave me nothing, for he knew what he was doing, so I looked back down and shrugged.

"We don't have to match," she said, "It's okay,"

"I guess we can,"

"I could go blue?"

I nodded and she smiled, taking us into a small cafe type place. We sat down and they took our drinks, but she had seemed to have pre ordered so two stands with different sandwiches and confectionery came out.

It was super fancy.

"How much was all of this?"

"None of your business, it's my treat,"

"How much do you earn?"

"A lot," she said, "More than your dad,"

"Wow, what do you spend it on?"

"Other people,"

"Don't ask people about money, Gabi. Just enjoy the benefits you are getting from it,"

"That makes you sound like a gold digger," I said.

"Whatever,"

"He is," Sierra whispered, giggling, "Eat up,"

"Do you like being a surgeon?"

"I do, I always wanted to be one,"

"Do you find it hard?"

"Is it cocky if I say no? Obviously it comes with challenges, and you have to be quick on your feet, but I think it comes naturally to me now. I practiced a lot, though,"

"She is insanely smart," dad said, "Like, ridiculously,"

"I feel like that about Maddox sometimes. She is so good at what she loves, it freaks me out,"

"You are very smart too,"

I shrugged and put a few bits on my plate, quietly eating as dad and Sierra began to speak. Once it was clear I was done conversing, they began their own chat, and I listened.

It made me mad, watching dad- he looked so in love. Even though I was settling with the idea of Sierra, and even thought it was cruel to say, the idea of my dad being in love was weird.

Still hated it.

None of the guys had really had proper relationships, so I hadn't really experienced watching it unfold.

I was happy, but still hesitant which made me mad at myself. It just took time, though, which I knew.

Just how long it would take, I didn't know.

"Oh boy,"

"What?" I said, looking at dad, who was smugly looking at his phone.

"Uncle Ash just offered to take you and all your friends out to food shop,"

"No he didn't,"

"Yes he did. He has high expectations for your behaviour,"

"When?"

"Tomorrow morning, on the way. Is someone else driving?"

"Henry. He is scared of Ash, though,"

"Why?" Sierra asked, "Also, we need to go,"

"Ashton is really strict,"

"No he's not,"

I pushed myself between them and looked at dad, then back and her and smiled.

"He is. He takes no buts,"

"He just watches out for you all," dad said, "His tough love has served you well,"

"Oh, I know, but he still scares my friends,"

Sierra led us into a nail salon and they got us sat down, then we chose the blue we wanted and dad chose black.

He was insistent on the same colour for Sierra and I, but she chose a slightly different shade and I appreciated that.

None of us spoke very much while we sat there, but I think the message had tired us all out- I knew I could take a nap.

I managed to hold out until the car, but I'd hardly strapped myself in before I felt my eyelids practically drop shut.

"Gabriella," dad sad softly, reaching back to shake my knee, "We've gotta pack at home before you sleep,"

"You pack first,"

"It's not very comfy in here,"

"Will you take me to my bed?"

He looked at Sierra, then back at me and nodded, smiling sadly.

"Do you not feel good?"

"I'm just tired,"

"Okay, have a good sleep then,"

But I basically already was.

I woke up to a cold hand on my forehead, Maddox's eyes meeting my own. She gave me small smile and smooched my cheek, then began to change from her clothes to pyjamas.

"What are you doing here?"

"Your dad is letting me stay while it's the holidays and there's no one boarding,"

"Oh. He didn't tell me,"

"Is that a problem?"

"No,"

"It sounds like it might be," she mumbled, "The food is better here,"

"No it's just no one told me. I like to be warned and I guess it's kind of an intense thing I wanted to be warned about,"

"Intense?"

"You know, if we are both here in a holiday trying to work and do... stuff,"

"We can do work together,"

"Yes but,"-

"But?"

"I might want some personal space sometimes,"

"Girl, me too," she laughed, "You had me worried. Anyway, your dad says you need to pack,"

"Later,"

"Now. You need a bag for the cabin and a bag for my parents. That's like, a week of clothes,"

"Later,"

"Now," she laughed, pulling my arm, "I will help, you need to right clothes for my parents,"

"What?"

"They're not as chill as your dad,"

"Oh,"

"Yeah. No shoulders, no stomach, no piercings,"

"I hate you," I said, throwing a pillow at her; she had 6 piercings, so I knew she was teasing me.

"You know I am nervous,"

"I'm sorry. They're more chill than your dad, don't worry. They won't bother us,"

"Oh,"

"You want them to bother us?"

"No but what if they don't talk to me?"

"Gabi, it's gonna be fine. Promise. I haven't seen them in a while so I will have lots to talk to them about as well as you,"

I sat up and swung my legs over the edge of the bed, watching her haul a suitcase out of my wardrobe.

Then, she opened it and went into my drawer, pulling out twice the amount of underwear and socks I needed.

"Mads, I can pack. Just later,"

"It has to be now,"

"Why?"

"Cos,"

"Maddox,"

"We are going to Michaels so we have to pack now,"

"Oh... ohhhh. Yay,"

"No way did you just say yay about,"-

"I did,"

"I hate you,"

Smiling, I got up and helped pack some clothes, as well as a bikini. I wasn't too fond of the idea, for my scar was something I was still processing- it was hard.

Even when Maddox saw it, and didn't care, I found it hard.

While she gathered my toiletries, I went through to dad's room and opened his t-shirt draw, only to find Sierra's clothes in there.

It was a pang in my heart, and I kinda stared at it for a few moments before finding his new drawer.

Did he have a drawer at her place?

Did I? Some of my clothes seemed to never have returned to my wardrobe.

"You're awake,"

I spun round to see dad at the door, freezing. Then, he came over and took the top from my hand to see what it was.

"What's this for?"

"The hot tub, over my bikini,"

"Can you use a different one, please?"

He opened the drawer, but the old one, so I had to see Sierra's things once again.

"Oops,"

"Is that new?"

"Yeah. I think she might be wanting to move in," he whispered, "My answer is no until your answer is yes,"

"Okay,"

"Here you go,"

"Did you know I was going to Michael's?"

"I do now, and I know all about Maddox's parents. She talks... a lot,"

"She likes you now, you have no idea what you have unleashed,"

"I hope it's okay that I told her she could stay when she wanted. I just cannot imagine living somewhere so far from your parents, and there is something about a home that can make you feel better,"

"I am grateful that you embrace this relationship,"

He nodded and kissed my head, then got me to lead the way out.

"If I don't see you for the next few days, have fun. But if you need anything at all, let me know,"

"You're dying inside, aren't you?"

"I am, but this is your shot to show me you are a capable adult. So don't get yourself set on fire or anything, I love you,"

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

32.1K 1.1K 29
PREQUEL TO SERENDIPITY A new home meant a new identity was possible. New friends, new clothes, hell even a new name. You had to expect the unexpecte...
16.1K 1K 56
SEQUEL TO RESTART / BOOK 5 IN EVOLVE SERIES Things were moving forward for the Irwins (thought not officially all Irwins, this is what they called t...
7.5K 268 42
"You need to hang on." he told her through his tears. "I need you." She nodded. "You come back to me alive." he whispered. He leaned in and gently ki...
25.2K 1K 40
SEQUEL to serendipity Michael always found there was a honeymoon phase after adoption. Kids behaved, everyone played together nicely, and everything...