On the other world (Human mal...

By Furia512

JcJenson really screw this up - we can't argue with that. Now they try to cover their sins by... selling the... More

How it started ?
Razumihin's magical journey
Refusing Reality
Through the smoke of progress
Change your world (Part 1)
Change your world (Part 2)
Cure the wound !
Nights like these...
Behind the closed doors...
Date-ing Protocols
V-itality core changes
Lazure Bathing
A glimpse of the Past (Beginning of Part 2 )
More about us
The Exile
Re-connections
Christmas Special (Non-canonical)
The Storm (Part 1)
The Storm (Part 2)
C.A.T.S. (Calm After The Storm)
Three black cones
The Prom (Part 1)
The Prom (Part 2) (End of Part 2)
The Pulse (Beggining of Part 3)
Temporary Jurisdiction (Part 1)
Temporary Jurisdiction (Part 2)
Inside Episode
Awake and confused
The Confession
Take a breather !
The Date (Part 1)
The Date (Part 2)
Results and Preparation
Lodge, Cassette and Marmite
Out-loved (End of Part 3)
Dealing with one's mind... (Beginning of Part 4)
Here comes the General...
The in-brand forgetfulness
The journey to the middle (Part 1)
The journey to the middle (Part 2)
The journey to the middle (Part 3)
Approaching the unknown
Ex Cathedra
How it ended ?

The geyser and the tears (End of Part 1)

3.8K 86 51
By Furia512

A few days later

FLORIAN POV

I was standing on top of the viewing platform, watching the drones working on the construction of the city. Maybe these buildings won't be particularly beautiful, but they provide that unique atmosphere plus they are sturdy as hell and easy to maintain. Perfect for building extraterrestial colonies! It may not have been the cheapest solution, but asteroidal plasteel really gets the job done. I went into too much detail... Well, the city is being built. And man, it's growing so fast ! What was once barely a few refineries and mining machines has now turned into an entire mining district - and that's just the first of four districts !

FDL : Hm, about 23% of the construction has been completed. Not bad for two days of work. At this rate, we'll finish this city in about a week. Well that-

Suddenly, the whole area started shaking, and there were sounds of the earth moving around. I gripped the railing tightly, trying to determine the source of the shaking.

FDL : What the fu-.

Suddenly, in one corner of the crater where the leisure district was to be located, water shot out. It did - like a geyser, a huge stream went up as high as 50 metres. What power !

FDL : Eh ? A geyser ? It-

The water momentarily stopped flowing, and steam rose from the hole from which the water had emerged.

FDL : Hm... This planet will never ce-

RZM : BOSS ARE YOU OK?!

Fucking let me finish at least one-

Razumihin landed on the railing of the platform making it lean slightly to the left. I need to have this platform reinforced...

Razumihin probably looked scared for the first time in his life.

RZM : We have to get out of here ! The earth has started to get angry with us !

Eh ?

FDL : Eh... I don't think that's the reason for this shock....

I pointed my finger towards the steaming hole (in the ground). Razumihin leaned towards the direction I pointed towards, almost falling off the tower. Mind that he was on the railing the whole time.

RZM : Yeah... That makes much more sense.

FDL : You didn't see that big column of water ?

RZM : Well... I was distracted...

---

Moments before the shock

RAZUMIHIN POV

RZM : Just one more turn...

I was playing on the computer inside mine and Razkolnikov's quarters. Along with the equipment still came computers, and we were given the opportunity to test them. They're g r e a t .

The ship stood where it stands, which is in the very center of the colony.

Suddenly the whole room began to shake.

RZM : Wow, the vibration effects this pad's using are really... Wait, I'm playing on the computer.

I suddenly freeze. The boss was at that moment supposed to be observing the city from a new viewing platform... He....

HE CAN FALL DOWN !

RZM : BOSS !

I launched from the ship towards the platform. I need to make sure that-

---

FLORIAN POV

RZM : And you already know the rest of the story.

I nodded and looked towards the "geyser"

FDL : We should check it out... You can move me there.

RZM : No problem, boss !

Razumihin stepped off the railing and turned around, spreading his wings more.

I jumped on his shoulder then we flew towards the epicenter of the tremor.

A few minutes later

We landed at the edge of the hole, where Razkolnikov was already waiting.

RKN : Ah, here you are at last. I've been expecting your arrival, Sir.

I jumped off Razumihin's back.

FDL : Just as I expected. Say...

I bent down to see the inside of the hole. Clear, bright water shimmered at the bottom. A pleasant steam was gushing in my face.

FDL : ...what is it ?

RKN : I'll explain, Sir. It appears that there is still volcanic activity on this planet. At least, that is what we assume. Unfortunately, we don't have all the data yet. Some... are still recovering...

Razkolnikov looked behind him towards the pile of frightened drones attached to each other. All of them were shaking.

FDL : Eh... I could use a scientist...

Suddenly something started bubbling at the bottom of the hole. All three of us leaned over the edge of the crater to see what it was all about.

After a while, a fourth person joined us.

UZI : So... what are we looking at ? I saw a stream and...

RZM : Well... at the water hole.

FDL : I don't know what to think about that...

RKN : ...

UZI : Oh...

A moment passed and the bubbling stopped.

...

Suddenly, another figure shot out from inside the geyser, and we all jumped. Well, almost - Razumihin didn't make it and got hit in the head. The mysterious figure landed not far from us.

??? : Ah, how good it feels to swim like this.

FDL : What the... eeeh ?

The mysterious figure turned out to be Dr.Deus in a lifeguard outfit.

RKN : D-Deus ? What were you doing there ?

Dr. Deus : Ah.

Dr. Deus turned toward us.

Dr.Deus : I was not far away when the tremor occurred. The water quickly stopped flowing, leaving me all wet. Since I was already wet anyway, I decided to take the opportunity to swim. Ah.

Dr.Deus pulled out a sample from the pocket that this swimsuit came with. An odd design for an outfit, but ok.

Dr.Deus : I also collected some samples for testing ! I may not be a chemical drone, but I have my sensors.

FDL : That explains a lot... Wait a minute.

I picked myself up off the ground.

FDL : Weren't the water quite lethal for drones ? As far as I know Razzie and Rodia are waterproof,but I don't know about you.

Dr.Deus : It's quite simple

Dr. Deus brought the vial closer to me.

Dr.Deus : This is no ordinary water. It is an extremely mineralized solution. I don't know everything, but it is likely that this source when heated flows through deposits of some kind of crystal vein, making this "water" good for both body care and drone maitenance.

RKN : Hm, it's suspiciously useful, isn't it ?

Dr.Deus : Yeah, it is. Which doesn't mean we can't use it somehow.

UZI : Um... for what ?

Razumihin moved closer to the hole.

RZM : How about an onsen ? Waisting sucha n oppurtunity would be a sin !

FDL : Um... It could be. I'll have to think about it...

Dr. Deus, I'll take care of the vial. Oh, and one more thing...

I turned my head towards Dr.Deus, before not taking my eyes off the hole.

Dr.Deus : I finished assembling the new legs for J. She should be ready by now. It's time to finally suffer the consequences~.

I gulped and started towards the hospital along with Dr.Deus. The rest went their separate ways.

---

Earlier that day

J POV

I lay on the hospital bed while Dr. Deus performed the surgery - although it would be appropriate to say "tightened the screws" - it was the final touches before returning to normal... Hm, "normal". Nothing is normal anymore...

Dr.Deus : And... done !

The last piece was tightened and I started to look at my new legs and... wow.

Just... wow.

They were much better than their predecessor - they still had a cone-like base, but they were definitely more balanced. There were special adjustment mechanisms at the inverted cone base, probably increasing my agility. Or not - I have to try them out first.

The whole thing was completed with a new paintjob all over them, which was also applied to my whole body.

I slowly got out of bed and took a few steps. They are...

J : Perfect...

Dr.Deus : I'm glad you like them. They weren't cheap, so you should thank the big guy up the counter, If you know what I'm saying.

I blushed slightly.

J : I will...

Dr.Deus moved closer to me.

Dr.Deus : Don't forget those special features. They might come in handy in the future...

Now I was all red.

J : Maybe... someday...

Dr.Deus : That's the spirit. There's no point in pushing stubbornness with such things. Though I have a feeling that a certain someone will be very happy about it in the "future".

A light plume of smoke flew off the top of my head. Overheating due to too strong feelings - good thing it's not dangerous.

Dr.Deus : Speaking of which... I'll go for it !

Chuckling, Dr.Deus left the room, leaving me alone with my feelings....

I mean, I guess that's what they call it...

I still don't know how I feel...

---

Back to the present

FLORIAN POV

Dr.Deus slowly opened the door leading to the hospital.

Dr.Deus : Everything is ready now, but you know how it often is...

The doctor walked into the hospital room and I followed her.

D.Deus : J ! You have a visitor.

I saw J standing in the middle of the room and... wow

Just... wow.

I never got a chance to see what she looked like in a "full set" - She was about 15 cm shorter than me, and I am quite tall myself. While I had seen her face more than once before, she appeared even more beautiful in all her glory. Wait... more beautiful ? What is happening to me ? Those legs...

These are the ones I picked out from the brochure, right ?

Now the sight of them will haunt me all the time... which is not a bad thing. We both agreed to it, didn't we?

Whatever... Eh, I'm already getting a headache.

I walked up to J, opening my arms.

FDL : J ! Look at you ! You look great ! It looks like the surgery went well !

J : T-thank you for your kindness, sir. And... for that legs, too. They seems expensive.

I waved my hand.

FDL : Oh, don't worry so ! It was an ordinary expense - one of the many I have in this place. A fee, if you may.

J : A fee for ... what exactly, sir ?

FDL : For your well-being of course ! I may not look it, but I have a bleeding heart. I can't watch anyone suffer.

J : Oh... ok...

She's suddenly frowning. Did I say something wrong ?

Dr.Deus nudged J lightly in the side.

J : Ah ! One more thing... Can I... ask a question?

She looked cute as she was so shy....

FDL : Shoot.

J : Well, we were talking amongst ourselves and... W-what happens to us now ? All three of us have caused you so much trouble....

FDL : Hm...

I pondered, though I had long known the answer.

FDL : Would you like to work for me ? You are, after all, trained drones - surely there will be work for you. N is already acting like an employee.

J lowered her head and started shaking. Am I... really saying the wrong words ?

Suddenly, tears started pouring from under her screen. Dr.Deus unnoticably left the room, leaving us alone to enjoy the moment.

She fell to the ground and grabbed my hand.

J : ThankyouthankyouthankYOU ! Thank you so... much. For... for everything ! Thank you for giving us a chance I just... thought... Thank you ! THANK YOU !

She cried into my sleeve. I patted her head in affectionate manner and wiped her tears with my hand.

FDL : Does this mean that you accept the job offer ?

J got serious, got down on one knee and grabbed my hand like knights used to do.

J : Of course, sir ! I swear you will have no problems with us. We will easily do 200, no - 300% of the standard under your enlightened leadership ! We will not let you down !

Her inner workaholism outweighed her emotions. Well...

...at least she looked happy...

---

At the same time, somewhere on Earth...

CLAD POV

CD : Yes, Mr. JcJenson, everything is going according to plan. Yes, our agent has already been dispatched. Yes, sir - the plan is already in motion. The first strike is about to happen. I'll inform you about any unexpected changes. Goodbye, sir.

I hung up and put the phone back in its place. I was in some phone booth in the middle of nowhere. Just a little while longer, and the plan would go into effect.

Get ready, Florian.

The real trouble...

...are about to begin.

END OF PART 1

---

Hello guys !

So - the "part" thing...

It's a way to break up the story into acts to better divide the plot. All parts will be located in this fanfic, so you have nothing to worry about.

Btw. Thanks for 17k views and over 300 votes! You guys are great!

Surely the EP 1 that will probably come out at the end of the year will reignite the hype in many hearts. So for now, I am in a niche, if you can call it that.

Good day or night to you, reader !

-Furia512

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 186 18
Oil and Toil is a fanfic set int the universe of Murder Drones. //SPOILERS FOR MURDER DRONES EPISODES 1-3// Life in the bunker has been hard on Rebec...
17.1K 353 12
After a near death experience, you met what others fear, the murderous and distinctive J. Something inside her stopped her from killing you after a s...
11K 429 12
A collection of non-canon one-shots associated with my Murder Drones story "On-Brand Loyalty".
2K 65 11
This was really quite a difficult experience for me to be abandoned by a drone that I didn't know and left behind It's hard for me to survive in the...