This Time

By Selxnophilx

Aiden Guevarra lives to survive; throughout her life, all she wanted to do was finish her education, find a s... More

| INTRODUCTION |
| PROLOGO |
|1| UNANG KABANATA
|2| IKALAWANG KABANATA
|3| IKATLONG KABANATA
|4| IKAAPAT NA KABANATA
|5| IKALIMANG KABANATA
|6| IKAANIM NA KABANATA
|7| IKAPITONG KABANATA
|8| IKAWALONG KABANATA
|9| IKASIYAM NA KABANATA
|10| IKASAMPUNG KABANATA
|11| IKALABING-ISANG KABANATA
|12| IKALABING-DALAWANG KABANATA
|13| IKALABING-TATLONG KABANATA
|14| IKALABING-APAT NA KABANATA
|15| IKALABING-LIMANG KABANATA
|16| IKALABING-ANIM NA KABANATA
|17| IKALABING-PITONG KABANATA
|18| IKALABING-WALONG KABANATA
|19| IKALABING-SIYAM NA KABANATA
|20| IKA-DALAWAMPUNG KABANATA
|21| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T ISANG KABANATA
|22| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T DALAWANG KABANATA
|24| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T APAT NA KABANATA
|25| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T LIMANG KABANATA
|26| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T ANIM NA KABANATA
|27| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T PITONG KABANATA
|28| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T WALONG KABANATA
|29| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T SIYAM NA KABANATA
|30| IKA-TATLUMPUNG KABANATA
|31| IKA-TATLUMPU'T ISANG KABANATA
|32| IKA-TATLUMPU'T DALAWANG KABANATA
|33| IKA-TATLUMPU'T TATLONG KABANATA
|34| IKA-TATLUMPU'T APAT NA KABANATA
|35| IKA-TATLUMPU'T LIMANG KABANATA
|36| IKA-TATLUMPU'T ANIM NA KABANATA
|37| IKA-TATLUMPU'T PITONG KABANATA
|38| IKA-TATLUMPU'T WALONG KABANATA
|39| IKA-TATLUMPU'T SIYAM NA KABANATA
|40| IKA-APATNAPUNG KABANATA
|41| IKA-APATNAPU'T ISANG KABANATA
|42| IKA-APATNAPU'T DALAWANG KABANATA
|43| IKA-APATNAPU'T TATLONG KABANATA
|44| IKA-APATNAPU'T APAT NA KABANATA
|45| IKA-APATNAPU'T LIMANG KABANATA
|46| IKA-APATNAPU'T ANIM NA KABANATA
|47| IKA-APATNAPU'T PITONG KABANATA
|48| IKA-APATNAPU'T WALONG KABANATA
|49| IKA-APATNAPU'T SIYAM NA KABANATA
|50| IKA-LIMANGPUNG KABANATA
|51| IKA-LIMANGPU'T ISANG KABANATA
|52| IKA-LIMANGPU'T DALAWANG KABANATA
|53| IKA-LIMANGPU'T TATLONG KABANATA
|54| IKA-LIMANGPU'T APAT NA KABANATA
|55| IKA-LIMANGPU'T LIMANG KABANATA
|56| IKA-LIMANGPU'T ANIM NA KABANATA
|57| IKA-LIMANGPU'T PITONG KABANATA
|58| IKA-LIMANGPU'T WALONG KABANATA
|59| IKA-LIMANGPU'T SIYAM NA KABANATA
|60| IKA-ANIMNAPUNG KABANATA
|61| IKA-ANIMNAPU'T ISANG KABANATA
|62| IKA-ANIMNAPU'T DALAWANG KABANATA
|63| IKA-ANIMNAPU'T TATLONG KABANATA
| EPILOGO |

|23| IKA-DALAWAMPU'T TATLONG KABANATA

3.1K 198 71
By Selxnophilx

— AIDEN —

"So, uh, Aaron and I made food." I said awkwardly.

"That's so sweet of you guys. Thank you, sweetheart." A kiss to her son's forehead before sitting down at a chair she doesn't usually sit at.

I frowned involuntarily at the action. She knows I'm waiting for her to approach her usual spot so I could pull the chair for her. Trying to hide my childish pout, I took a seat next to Aaron.

"Mom, are you not mad anymore?" Aaron questioned that made me look up from eating silently.

"Mad? What do you mean?"

"You were mad earlier when you got home."

Her eyes widened slightly. "I wasn't mad earlier, sweetie. I just had a bit of problem at work. Besides, how could I be mad when my baby prepared my favorite?"

She doesn't have work earlier though?

The kid grinned from ear to ear. "Good, I don't like you upset."

Professor Peterson pinched her son's nose in endearment. I quickly looked away when she suddenly turned her head. Avoiding her eyes, I continued eating as they conversed about their day.

As soon as we finished, I took the initiative to clean up so I could get home soon because I really can't stand the atmosphere. I don't know if she's mad about something else or if it's with me. And honestly, I'm not good at confrontations. Might as well leave and give her some space and time to get her thoughts together.

Also time for me to think deeply if I really did something I'm not aware of. 

"I'll be going now, Miss. Good night." I gave a small smile as she did the same.

"Take care, Aiden."

Not darling?

Yup, I definitely did something wrong.

Sulking all the way home, I slumped down the couch where Zoey is still seated. Lexie and Julius nowhere to be seen.

"They went to his dorm." Zoey informed as she watched. "Probably going to fuck."

I chuckled a little at the joke and rested my head on her shoulder.

Zoey frowned. "What's wrong? Why do you look sad?"

"Just school stuff."

She rolled her eyes, not believing my lie. But is it really a lie?

I mean, my problem is my professor, she works at the campus, therefore it's school related. So technically, I'm not lying.

"Bullshit. Come on, tell me."

Probably confiding in Zoey could help at least a little bit to get this off my chest. I could just leave out some parts, right?

"I'm having trouble..."

"Is it about your thing? Because I'm not the nursing student here."

I groaned. "Stop making jokes regarding my stuff."

Zoey laughed. "Okay, sorry, sorry. I'm serious now. What kind of trouble?"

"The girl kind." I bit my lip. I avoided using the word woman to prevent any suspicions. They know the only people around me are them, Vera and obviously Professor Peterson.

Her blue eyes widened in surprise. "Oh, alright, girl trouble."

"Why do you look so surprised?"

"Because it's you?" She shrugged. "You're like an innocent kid, I didn't expect you to have girl troubles. Anyway, please elaborate on that." 

"I have feelings for someone, but I haven't really told them. Although I think they already know?" I wasn't sure myself. "And it's basically one-sided by the way, she doesn't really like me romantically. But earl–yesterday, she seemed mad for some reason. First I thought it was about someone else, but she's been treating me differently."

And she didn't call me darling.

Can you believe that?

"Do you have any idea what you may have done that made her mad at you?" I shook my head. "I see. Well, I'm not really sure what to tell you because the context isn't really clear enough for me. But, sometimes, there are circumstances that maybe they are going through something internally and it's related to you."

"What do you mean?"

Zoey faced me. "She knows you like her, right?" I nodded. "Maybe she's realizing that the feelings aren't one-sided at all and she can't yet accept the fact that she likes you. Maybe that's why she's mad, she's in denial."

I frowned at her explanation because there is no way Professor Peterson would have feelings for me. "She doesn't like me, Zoey."

She's married and clearly doesn't want to divorce her husband.

"Are you sure?" I nodded. "Why?"

"Because she just doesn't, why would she?"

"Why wouldn't she?" Zoey raised a brow. "I would."

"You don't have to try and raise my self-esteem, Zoey." I chuckled.

She chuckled too. "You think I'm lying?" I nodded. "I guess you wouldn't believe me if I say I had a crush on you for like a month then."

"Stop with the bs." I pushed her shoulder but laid my head back down again.

"I'm serious, I literally had a crush on you. But it didn't really last because I want to be your friend more." Zoey grinned. "You're amazing, Aiden. She would have to be stupid enough not to return your feelings."

"She doesn't have to. This is more of a me problem. She's not obligated to return my feelings just because I have them."

She nodded in understanding. "You have a point. So, why not try looking for someone else instead of worrying about her?"

"I don't know."

I don't know if I can.

————— - ————— - —————

Nervous is an understatement to describe what I'm feeling right now as I walked inside the Peterson's house. My talk with Zoey last night didn't help at all and the night till morning of me overthinking only gave me a headache. I still don't know if I did something wrong.

"Uh, hi, where's Aaron?" I asked the maid as I'm supposed to be hanging out with him today.

"He fell asleep waiting for you a while ago. Miss Amayah is in the living room."

"Okay, thank you."

Oh fuck, oh shit.

My reason to be here is currently asleep and now I have to talk to Professor Peterson. Should I just go home? But Aaron might wake up and I still have to be here, it's not just to spend time with the kid, it's my job.

I don't think he would mind if I skip this day right?

"What are you doing still standing there? Go inside." The maid ushered me into the house while I tried to protest. The woman is smaller than me, barely reaches my chest but I didn't have the strength to stop her.

With a defeated sigh, I entered the living room where my eyes landed on Professor Peterson drinking her wine while sitting on the couch. Her focus on her laptop, probably doing work things.

I intertwined my hands behind my back and cleared my throat to get her attention. She looked up, eyes meeting mine. Surprised enveloped my being when she smiled at me, the same smile she always give. It wasn't forced or fake, it was a genuine smile. And honestly, it scares me.

"Oh, hi, Aiden."

"Good afternoon, Miss." I waved awkwardly.

"Aaron fell asleep waiting for you, he was tired from all the studying. Do you mind waiting for him to wake up?"

I shook my head. "I can wait for him."

"That's good, thank you. Do you want anything to drink?" I declined politely.

"Alright. Come to me if you want anything, I'm just doing some work."

"Thank you, Miss."

What the heck am I supposed to do now? Just sit here and wait?

Wait no, I have an idea.

"Uhm, Miss, I actually want something. Is it okay if I use the kitchen?"

Her brow raised in confusion but still nodded. "Of course, feel free to use anything."

"Thank you, Miss."

Now, what do people give to someone mad at them?

I remembered talking to Aaron and him telling me about his mom's favorite dessert. He said her most guilty pleasure is chocolate mousse, and since I know how to bake, I'm going to make her one.

It took me about 20 minutes to finish making the dessert. I decided to put it in the fridge for half an hour to cool while I wait. Scrolling through the only social media account I have and watching nonsense video reels.

I cheered quietly when the alarm stopped, signalling that 30 minutes have already passed. I left the kitchen and went to where Professor Peterson is, holding the dessert in my hand.

Taking a deep breath, I said the question I've been wanting to ask since yesterday.

"Miss, are you mad at me?"

Yup, I just blurted that out. Fuck me.

Professor Peterson whipped her head up, eyes slightly widening as she looked at me. Her mouth moved as if to say something but no words came out. Her hesitation proved my suspicion. I really am the reason why she was upset. But why?

She didn't really say anything, probably still shocked that I asked that, so I continued talking.

"I don't really know what I did, but if I did something to make you upset, I'm sorry."

I approached closer to her and placed the dessert down the table.

"I made this for you." Her eyes went from looking at me to the dessert. "Please forgive me?"

The silence made me anxious, I intertwined my fingers behind my back as I looked down at the floor, tapping my foot against the tile.

My breathing hitched when arms suddenly wrapped themselves around me and warm body pressed against mine. Professor Peterson pressed her head against my chest as I stood frozen in my feet.

I didn't notice her standing up and approaching me.

My eyes widened when she placed both of her hands on my shoulder and tiptoed up to reach my face. Her dark brown eyes met mine and I felt my heart race faster than it ever did. The anticipation of what she was about to do made me feel nervous all over again.

Soft lips then pressed on my cheek lightly and I swear I almost went to heaven.

Is it possible to fall in love from a simple touch?

"Thank you, darling."

—————

Votes and comments will truly be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

—————

A/N: Won't be updating for a week or so, currently preparing for my midterms examination :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 65 10
After her parents' death, Ellie had to take a gap year to take care of her sister. When she makes her return, she's welcomed by a new roommate Chloe...
725K 26.8K 108
Luna Genesis, a college sophomore, is still trying to navigate her life through college. She's only 20, she isn't really sure what she wants let alon...
35.6K 2.4K 42
[Complete] A professor x student, feel-good, romantic comedy. *** Lexi was used to working behind the scenes at her family's small private investi...
324K 10.9K 45
𝙄𝙉 π™’π™ƒπ™„π˜Ύπ™ƒ millie falls in love with her history professor. [slow burn / age-gap / teacherxstudent] 24-year-old college student Milena "Millie"...