Eva's New Hermitcraft and Dre...

By Meva400

I've decided to start a new book with my new oneshots, all minecraft related, probably Grian or George focuse... More

~Welcome~
Withered Poppies - (Angst - Grian x Etho)
Free the End- (Fluff - Doc x Stress)
Found- (Fluff - Grian - Sibling AU part 1)
Traded- (Angst - Grian - Siblings AU part 2)
My Knight- (Angst - Grian)
My Knight pt 2 - (Hurt/Comfort - Grian x Hels)
Friendemies - (Action - Dream/Grian/Techno)
Anarchy - (Angst - Dream)
Best Friend's Roommate - (Fluff - Dream x Grian)
Returning to the Family - (Fluff - Grian/SBI)
Empire - (Angst - Grian)
Run Away With Me - (Lime - Dream x George)
*name not found* - (Fluff - Dream x Wilbur x George)
Beauty - (Fluff - Scar x Mumbo x Grian)
Gitched Romance - (Fluff - Dream x Grian)
One More Year - (Fluff - Scar/Grian/Mumbo)
Undercover - (Angst - Grian)
Adequate - (Fluff - Scar x Grian)
The Dress - (Fluff - Dream x George)
Chasing Cars - (Angst - Dream x George)
The Watched and The Listening pt 1 - (Angst - Joe)
The Watched and the Listening pt 2 - (Angst - Joe)
Tater Tot Bois - (Fluff - Mumbo/Techno)
Step Ladder - (Fluff - Grian/Dream)
One Wish - (Angst - Doc x Bdubs)
Hiding it under the Oak Tree- (Fluff - Techno x Grian)
What Anxiety Feels Like - (Angst)
Copycat - (Angst - Insane Pearl AU part 1)
Doctor - (Angst - Insane Pearl AU part 2)
Bartender - (Lime - Grian x Mumbo)
Mischlings - (Fluff - Tommy/Schlatt)
Legacy - (Fluff - Tribute to DSMP)
Stockholm Syndrome - Rated R

The Bidding - (Action - Grian x Etho)

560 23 14
By Meva400

This is an Omegaverse AU. The Omegas are treated like they are at the top of society due to the need for them. They go through heat in the fall and spring and in the winter and summer can participate in 'The Bidding' where all eligible alphas in the surrounding areas/packs are forced to participate. The omegas can then choose their mate based off of the omega's personal rank and money. Mating is not necessarily permanent (only depends on the race of wolf). Omegas grow up learning how to care for pups, alphas are taught everything to care for omegas as well as hunting, fighting etc, betas and deltas are the majority of the society as they go to school/university normally and get jobs that run the society (doctors, engineers, etc).

Basically imagine a society that has somehow oppressed both omegas and alphas.

Male Omegas exist (obviously), but they are actually hermaphrodites which basically means that they have both female and male reproductive organs. 

This oneshot is based off of a random thought I had one day while listening to Tally Hall's 'The Bidding' song so credits to them.

Part 2 may or may not happen. It has an open ending but is still made to be read alone.

Etho POV-

I stepped out onto the field, the lights blinding my eyes as I blink at the blaring cheers all around me. The stadium was packed full, the different wolf packs mingling with each other as I and the other alphas stepped out of the darkness. Across from us, were the omegas. A tent had been built up, shading them from the heat of the sun as they lounged on cushions, betas rushing around with platters of food and drinks.

They lived in such a state of luxury compared to my own. As an Alpha, it was expected of me to be able to provide, but I was small for an Alpha. My body was muscular but lean, not built for the typical work of Alphas. That's why I had decided to go to college, a massive change from the training I received in grade school.

The omegas on the other hand, lived life to the fullest. They were small and fragile, yet insanely important to our society. Without them we wouldn't survive as a species. Any female could produce pups, but only the omegas had the instinct to care for them. They ran the nurseries and the schools, keeping us alive.

Simply to say, to be born an omega meant to rule the world and to live in mansions of butlers and servants while the alphas were sentenced to guard duty and hunting, expected to dote on their mate hand and foot.

I've been sleeping in a cardboard box

And that's where I was left. My parents expected me to move out at 16 and find a job, get settled and ready for "The Bidding" when I turned 18.

I immediately dropped out of school, sick and tired of the lessons on hunting, mating, and expectations. I applied to a University, fighting the dozens of betas and a couple of omegas, luckily making my way into the classes. Alphas weren't necessarily immediately rejected, it's just that our grade school lacks in the departments of math or science or even literature.

So, there I was, two years ago, going to school and working as a guard at the liquor store and living in the alley in the back. The owner didn't mind since I was basically guarding 24/7 and there was a heater for the winter.

Spending every dollar at the liquor shop

The little money I made was put into tuition or the protein bars that my boss sold at the store. I probably would have lived off of liquor instead, but I was still a minor.

You see, I only had 2 years of schooling before "The Bidding", where all the unmated Alphas were brought to the city stadium to perform for the omegas and try to gain a mate. I wanted to get as much school done before I possibly got sold to some girl that just wanted a play thing and a typical Alpha to dote on her.

That just wasn't me.

And even though I know I haven't got a lot

Don't get me wrong, my heart yearns for a mate, but I wanted to pick them. To fall in love with them. To work together to make our family better.

I wanted to be equals, not seen above them as the patriarch or strong alpha male, nor do I want to be seen as the guard and over protective dog toy.

I'll try to give you love until the day you drop

That's basically how we were trained. I have learned how to care for omegas' needs since I first showed as an Alpha. Someone needed to care for those who could care for the children, but I wanted to have a choice. I dreamed of being a beta able to go to school and study to become a scientist or doctor. Or even better, an engineer.

I've been training like a Pavlov dog

It was my dream, but alas, the world had different plans for me.

Let my independence out to take a hike

And society made these stupid classes. I wonder if any omegas ever felt the same. Just wishing to be a beta and be able to do anything they wanted. I wondering if any omegas didn't want to be seen as some baby carrier, even if they were pampered to the nines.

All you got to do is activate my bell

I don't know. Being pampered wouldn't be so bad, and watching the omegas at this "Bidding" that I now was a part of made me jealous. I hated that I couldn't escape this now that I turned 18.

"Alphas!" A voice crackled through a speaker, "You have 30 minutes to go mingle with the omegas."

Oh yay! Did you hear the sarcasm? I do not want to be flirted at and ordered around for the next 30 minutes, but I guess I should just get used to it since it will be my life now.

I walked towards the tent, taking my sweet time as the other alphas rush over in their suits. I rolled my eyes at the idiots who wore suits in the middle of summer. I was just in shorts and a tight shirt, letting the sun kiss my already tanned arms. I wished my first Bidding would have been the winter ball. It was more secluded than the stadium, only the omegas and alphas having a dinner and dance together before the bidding ended the night.

But no, I was at the summer games Bidding.

By the time I made it to the shaded area where the omegas lounged, alphas were flirting and trying to get the attention of any love interest they found appealing. Glancing around, I had no cares for anyone here. Most just want some alpha to play around with for the fall heat season before dropping them for the next spring.

"Hey hottie!" I glanced down at a flirtatious omega lounged seductively on the cushion. Her red hair flipped distractingly in front of her... oh shut up stupid alpha instincts, "can you fetch me that water?"

My eyes follow he hand to the glass of iced water not even a foot away from her, "no."

And I'll fetch you anything you like

Her eyes widen in shock, her jaw dropping as a blush reached her cheeks. I roll my eyes as another alpha, a couple centimeters taller than me with a meaner build, jumped in lifting the cup to her lips as she just giggled.

This is going to a long day.

I just shook my head of my annoyance, pulling up a black mask to cover my face and hopefully block out some of this overwhelming sweet smell the omegas were producing to seduce the weaker minded alphas. I finally made my way over to a corner were not many people were, but my eyes focused on a large crowd of alphas, basically begging for someone's attention.

It looks like one omega had her pick of the pack. I crossed my arms, bored out of my mind hoping that this will all be over, but I have no hopes for returning to my little alley way. I may be trying to dissuade people from coming after me, but I was a highly sought-after commodity in an alpha. With my arctic blood, white hair and red eyes I was exotic. The longer I stood in the shade, the more looks I was receiving from the omegas and an omega would occasionally saunter past me, pumping out their scent, trying to make me drop to my knees and drool all over them.

But the arctic breed only mated once and for life. And I was terrified I'd get the attention of some horny girl who would break my heart even before our pups were born.

So I stayed strong, occasionally glancing towards the large group of drooling alphas, black scared eyes meeting mine from the middle of the group.

Going once, going twice

"The games will now begin." The announcer interrupted the mingling. I groaned, lining up with the other alphas at the line. Back in the day, this would have been a time to show off our talents and to compete in races and duels. But now, everyone just talks and talks.

It's all anyone does anymore.

But the alphas still needed to prove their prowess somehow so the hunt was still played. Basically, there was always more alphas than omegas at a Bidding and the hunt brought the numbers down to more of a 2:1 ratio. There would be rabbits equal to about twice the number of omegas released into the stadium and who ever killed one would be kept for the official bid.

Every man here has a price

And the hunt also determined which alpha would be worth the most. There was always one deer that was released and the alpha who got him would be the overall winner. He was pretty much guaranteed a half decent life mate since the 'date and mate' omegas (that was what one called an omega who only mated for one heat then dropped the alpha) couldn't pay enough.

Over where? Over there, sold

So, I was going to win. Sure, I could just not catch anything, but if I didn't, my chances for a life-long mate went out the window. My worth would drop.

To not a single lady in here

I knew of a couple alphas here who had lost the hunt on their first year and they were always dropped after one mating season.

I've been in like a thousand times

Or worse, an omega would rather go unmated and suffer through heat than mate with one of the humiliated alpha, leaving the alpha to go home with nothing and forced to come back the next year. That would be fine with me, but I know no one would ever drop the chance to lay me, an arctic breed, down, if you know what I mean.

Dated every woman in the atmosphere

Some alphas lived for that. Those horny idiots. I could hear a couple alphas chatting about the cute omegas that they would hope take them home, bragging about their past mates and flings. I just tightened my jaw, pulling a dagger belt as some other alphas prepped for the hunt.

I've been to every continent

The bell sounded as a couple dozen rabbits were released to the field followed by a nervous deer. The stadium was open to the air, people screaming in excitement, and the omegas watching us with interest. Just as I was about to rush forward, my eyes met the black eyes I had seen earlier.

I paused for half a second, my eyes tracing the omega staring back at me. A hermaphrodite. Or as the basic alphas liked to call them, a male omega. They were extremely rare because first of all, the person had to be born both female and male but then both organs have to function fully to be considered an omega. So many hermaphrodites were simply deltas. Just kinda there you know.

But this was a full functioning hermaphrodite. No wonder he was absolutely overwhelmed by the alphas, but the fear in his eyes from back then was not typical for an omega. He must be like me. And I can't help but admire his form. His blond hair was long enough to ruffle in the nearly nonexistent breeze of the summer day. He was wearing very basic clothes, his hands shoved into his red sweater as he ignored the waiters around him.

Coming from Canada, I had to travel most of the country in order to find a suitable home after being kicked out. And in all my time, I had never met a hermaphrodite. He was definitely one that I would happily take as mine, but I would most definitely have to win this stupid hunt.

Oh. The hunt.

I return my eyes on the chaos in front of me. No one had the deer yet so I guess it was time to go breaking some alphas' dreams.

Broken all the hearts in every hemisphere

I sprint forward, my dagger in my hand. I knew I was going to not only have to beat these alphas, but I would have to outwit them as well. Most of them have been in this hunt more than once, with only one other 18-year-old alpha in this city.

I dive forward, rolling between two alphas duelling over a rabbit and quickly find my footing, my ears focused for any sneak attacks. The deer was only a few meters ahead of me, but I could see 3 other alphas racing towards it. One had black hair and was tall and lanky, an Alexander Archipelago. He would be limber and agile. A difficult match for me. The others both had brown hair, the larger was a timber wolf which is no problem for me ever though he would be bigger. The last one was about the same build as me which was strange.

I studied him for a moment before gasping. An Iberian wolf. They hadn't been seen out of their own pact in decades. I guess the male omega was worth it eh?

And if I'm not the type of guy you like to circumvent

I dart forward again, rolling under the Archipelago, using my momentum to shove my feet into his chest, sending him tumbling with a yelp. A sneak attack like that would only happen once so I had to use it on the hardest alpha.

I scramble to my feet, my danger still in hand as I watch the Timber wolf corner the deer as the Iberian tackled him. They sparred on the ground as I turned to the Archipelago. It was backing away from me, trying to get to his feet so we could fight equally. I wasn't one to wait, my arctic instincts kicking in telling me that the prey was escaping and who knows when you'll get prey again in the freezing cold.

I jump at the black-haired man, quickly knocking him out with the hilt of my dagger just as I turned to the Iberian standing triumphantly.

Just remember not to love me when I disa-

I rush him as he turns and dodges a punch I throw at him. We circle each other as I study his face, a scar ripped into his face matching my own. The scar of an outcast. He squints his eyes at me slightly before straightening, "you better take care of him."

I blink in confusion as the Iberian backs off and disappears into the see of bodies. I glance back at the deer, confusion from the Iberian's words and the fact that this stupid deer wasn't smart enough to run. Makes my life easier though and I dig the dagger hilt deep into the deer's chest as I felt its heart stutter and fade.

I graduated at the top

And with that I had won. It doesn't take too long until the other alphas finish, the losers being escorted off the field, some having already accepted their fate while others fought against the betas, desperate to get back to the field.

I may have won, but that doesn't mean I can just saunter out. I now have to stand in front of all the omegas and about 200,000 other persons and state why I would be a good mate. Why the omega should pick me. Great.

And when the speeches are done and the others sold, I too will be sold. I just hope that the hermaphrodite wants me. That would probably be my best option at this moment. I stand at the end of the line as the overall winner and highest ranked unmated alpha. I was the most wanted one here and I could see that in the eyes of the omegas. I was glad my mask was still up, the awful stink of sugar wafting towards me.

And thus, starts the speeches, starting with the lowest place alpha stating he would happily just do anything with his future mate as long as he is given a decent home and food. What an idiot. Just playing towards those hoes. A couple other of the lower ranked alphas shared the similar view and I just rolled my eyes at their remarks.

I like to take advantage of the bourgeoisie

Luckily, not every alpha was a complete simp, just wanting to smooch off the earnings of an omega. A couple took their training to heart, promising to treat their mates with the utmost respect.

Even then, I felt my jaw tighten in annoyance as I studied the field. Most alphas were basically drooling at the omega pheromones while the female omegas flipped their hair or giggled with each other about one alpha or another. A lot of the girls we focused on me, giving me soft flirty smiles when they saw me looking. But there he was. His side was facing the stage as he leaned on a tent pole, a book in his hands and as I watched, he gently underlines something and makes a note in the margin.

I guess none of the alphas' promises for sex or servitude were really interesting to him.

So, if you have a fantasy of being a queen

But what can I say? Who in their right mind would really want a man who is willing to roll over and show their belly just for a couple bucks. It especially irked me when those alphas who are supposed to be strong and stoic, would roll over just at the scent of an omega. Idiots.

Man, I really need a better word than idiots. I'm going to wear that one out. Jackhats might be a better one.

Maybe you should blow a couple bucks on me

The 2nd ranked alpha finished his pitch and stepped away from the stage just as the announcer begins the bidding. I was being saved for the very end. I hoped that I'd still get to give my pitch.

Going once, going twice

The bids weren't very high as only the 'date and mate' omegas were even throwing money at the alphas on stage. The announcer was concerned, bring forward the 2nd ranked, skipping over a good chunk of alphas, "is this year's selection of alphas not good enough for you? Then let's start the bidding of rank 2."

Won't these gentlemen suffice

Barely anyone tossed any bids out. The announcer was confused.

Any here? Any there?

"Is there seriously no one who wants him? Look at his stature!"

Any motions anywhere?

Silence filled the stadium as the omegas all kept their eyes on me. I shifted awkwardly on my feet. The announcer noticed this and squinted his eyes slightly.

Going twice going thrice

"I guess we can skip to the prized trophy you clearly all want. We can come back to the others later. We got some tough ladies in the omega section today. Rank 1, step forward."

I took a step forward, a frown hidden under my mask as the announcer signalled me to begin my spiel.

Guess this means we'll go four times a lady

I sighed, glancing at the tent of omegas, each one focused on me except one. The male with the red hoodie. But as I open my mouth and begin to speak, his focus is slowly drawn to me as I focused on him and him only.

I promise I'll be all you'll need, ever need

"Arctic wolves will mate for life. It is in our DNA and the way we feel love and sorrow. I had always hoped to simply find my mate normally and not in this game, but alas, I was not born 200 years ago."

You'll never have to shop around (don't shop around)

"I guess what I'm trying to say is, that I am not here to find someone who wants to just breed with me for arctic pups. I am not here for someone to mess around with. I am here for love and someone I can hold at night as an equal. Someone who supports what I want in life and someone I can support in their wants."

And I'll give you all you'll ever need, ever need

"I'm not the typical alpha, but I will give you everything you'll ever need and everything you'll ever want. I will be yours for life, if you'll be mine."

Don't worry I will never let you down, let you down

I sighed as I closed my small speech, hoping that it touched someone who could earn me. I hoped that the male omega would take it. His eyes were wide as he stared at me, his book forgotten about and lying on the grass beside him.

Don't worry I will never let you down

The announcer began letting omegas bid for me, but all I could do was focus on the blond wolf. Another Iberian. Makes sense as to why the scarred one wanted to protect him. Iberians were well known for their tight knit family units. One of the few pacts who don't usually participate in The Biddings.

So many ladies are wanting for mates

The sickening scent of female omegas bothered my nose as each tried to seduce me with pheromones and money, but another smell was overpowering it all. It smelled like a flower field after a rainstorm, calming and subdued, but impossible to miss.

And the prospects are good but the date's never great

It was the hermaphrodite. However much I would have loved to walk home alone, the feeling was beginning to fade as my body craved the scent I had received.

Over here over there over where? Anywhere

The announcer was having a hard time keeping everything under control. The girls wanted me and the alphas behind me were basically whimpering at the smell of the male omega. He carefully stood up off the ground, his hands still in his hoodie as he walked towards the front of the omegas, the other girls too busy fanning over me to notice.

They're too busy with winning the bidding to care

The male omega raised his hand, signalling his bid. All sound dispersed as the female omegas glared at him, having no way to override the bid of a hermaphrodite.

The announcer was the one to break the silence, "Rank 1, Etho, Arctic race alpha sold to Rank 1, Grian, Iberian race omega."

And he's sold

This will be interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 40.6K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
35.4K 1.3K 32
This *NOT* egg766's story, this is their friends, Random :) (I didn't have an account at the time so I was using Eggs, now I have one! @RandomReader1...
1M 65.5K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
920K 21.1K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.