The Way You Loved Me

By fangirlhoe

Sarah's life has only been going down hill. Her parents are gone, she lives with her abusing aunt and uncle... More

Moving Day
the first day
The First Day pt.2
Cuts and Secrets
The Date
Broken Promises
summer break
payback
Moving on?
planning revenge
High School
mistakes to regret
love again
More than friends
bad news
You're All I Need
update
goodbye for now
coming home
moving again?
Epilogue
UPDATE

Is it really love?

352 12 1
By fangirlhoe

*Sarahs POV*

The next day, the sound of my doorbell ringing woke me up, around 10 am . Oh no. I hear my uncle take heavy footsteps all the way to the front door and aggressively opens it.

"Who are you? What do you want? Get off my property!" He shouted at our new neighbors.

"I'm really sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if Sarah could hang out with us?" Victoria asked nervously.

"Of course not! She has chores and has to make us our breakfast! Now leave before I call the cops." He then angrily shuts the door.

Ugh ok wow my social life is probably ruined now. Actually I should just say my life has already been ruined.

I walk downstairs, skipping a step each time until I almost run into my aunt.

"Oh my god! Watch where you are going! By the way, we are leaving... To go somewhere. We will be back by around 3 in the afternoon. Don't worry about making lunch, your cooking is disgusting anyways. You better have everything unpacked by the time me get back!!" She yelled, then they both went out the door.

Once she left, I realized that I already unpacked all the boxes. Maybe I should go over the neighbors and apologize for my Uncle being so rude. So that's what I decide to do.

I jump in the shower, brush my teeth, change into a tank top from PINK, put on some normal jean shorts with a pair if flipflops, then headed right out the door towards their yard.

Victoria, Allie, Alyssa and Lily are already in the front yard the just talking to each other.

"Hey guys, I'm really sorry about that. I guess that they weren't in the best mood." I said.

"Sarah! Your parents are so cruel to you! You could just move in with me!" Allie joked.

I kind of wish I could though.

"Thanks haha, but they aren't my parents." I said.

"Where are your parents then?" Allie asked.

"Oh...um...their like... Out of town." I try to say, making it sound true.

"Oh. Well still, you can come over our house whenever you want. My parents don't really care. They like everyone! Just as long you don't trash everything." Victoria said.

"Thanks, I'm sure I will stop by more often. By the way, I can hangout, if you guys are like free of course." I say a little awkwardly.

"Yeah if course you can! By the way, I need you number, you have a phone, right?" Victoria said.

I give them all my numbers and then I ask about the school, since it starts in two days because they are on spring break right now.

"It's a pretty normal school. The Dolans and their friends are like the popular and athletic boys, there are main girl groups. The first one is us. We have more friends in the school that would definitely become friends with you! But watch out for the second group. Especially Emma Gale. She is the worst, most rude person you will ever meet. I honestly don't even know why she has any friends. She is also more stupid than a rock. Her friends are also kind of stuck up, but not as bad as her. Just keep your distance from her, and you'll have a great school year!" Victoria said.

I took time to process all this information. What was her name again? Emma Gale? Hopefully she won't cause any trouble towards me.

"Yeah, definitely stay away from Emma. She was Ethan's ex. I don't even know why he would ever date her in the first place. She is actually kind of pretty on the outside, but in the inside she is a ugly as someone could be." Lily told me.

"Hey look! There's Ethan and Grayson! And some of their friends." As Victoria turns her head to look over at them.

I look that way and I see them in some kind of uniform holding lacrosse sticks, sweaty, and hot. I can actually finally tell them apart, which makes me feel pretty good about myself.

Damn. They look fine. Again, I think I caught Ethan staring at me, and when I looked at him he turned away.

"Hey guys. What's up?" Grayson asked.

"Nothing really, you?" Victoria asked.

"Well we just got back from lacrosse practice. Could we hangout with you guys?" Grayson asked.

"Yeah sure!" Victoria responded.

"Ok we will just go back home to change and shower then we'll be right back." Ethan told us as he smiled straight at me. I just smiled right back, then they all left to go to their house.

Once they were far enough so they couldn't hear us Victoria just blurted out, "Did you see the way Ethan smiled at you? He definitely likes you. I ship you guys so much!!!"

I laugh and respond, " I barely even know him, and I doubt he even likes me."

******

Once Ethan and Grayson are finished changing and showering, Ethan walks right towards me.

"Hey, Sarah right?" He asked.

"Yep. And your Ethan?" I asked, even though I already knew it was him.

"Yeah. So do you know what your schedule for school is?" He asked.

"I don't know if it got sent yet, but I'll check the mailbox real quick." I say back.

I got up and opened my mailbox, and there was a letter from my school inside.

"Yeah its here!" I say as I bring it over.

I sit on the grass and he sits down right next to me. I can't help but notice he smells so good.

He leans over to look at it and his arm touches mine. He gives me a surprised look.

"Wow, your taking all the hardest classes! We have 1st, 5th and 7th period together, I think Grayson has like 2 or 3 periods with you too." He tells me.

"Oh that's cool, are the teachers good?" I ask.

"Kind of. Actually no. They all pretty much suck. Except for Mr. Miller, he's pretty chill." He tells me, still smiling.

"I'm just so nervous. This is so much more different than New York." I tell him.

"You will be fine. I'll help you through and so will Victoria and her friends." He calmly says.

"Thanks!" I saw while blushing at the same time. Then all of a sudden it starts to rain and it gets a little cool outside. I grab my arms, trying to keep in my warmth.

Ethan takes off his sweatshirt and hands it over to me, "Here, you can take it so you don't get too cold." He tells me.

I put it on and its huge. It feels so warm and comfortable. It smells really good too.

"Thank you," I say as he just stares at me and smiles.

Soon I realize everyone's inside and we are the only ones out, getting wet. I decide to say something to break the awkwardness.

"I have to get going, get ready for school and all of that. I can hangout tomorrow if that's cool." I say to him.

"Yeah of course, can I get your number? So we can talk more and stuff," he asks.

"Sure!" I write it down on the bottom blank part of my schedule, rip it off, then hand it over. I'm about to give back his sweatshirt until he says something.

"Thanks, and you keep the sweatshirt for now. I've got plenty at home. See you tomorrow!" He smiles at me, waves goodbye, then walks over to his house.

I walk back home with a huge smile on my face. I really do like him.

*****

I hopped onto my bed and I get a text from Victoria:

From: Victoria

OMG ETHAN LIKES YOU DID YOU SEE THE WAY HE LOOKS AT YOU AND GAVE YOU HIS SWEATSHIRT AND LEANED OVER CLOSE TO YOU OH MY GOSH THIS IS GREAT SARAH

I can't help but to laugh then I respond

To: Victoria

lol I'm not sure about that, I think he just wants to be friends. But I got his number!

From: Victoria☺

SARAH YOU HAVE GOT TO TEXT HIM! DO YOU LIKE HIM?

To: Victoria

I will haha I will... And yeah I kind of do, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me the same way though.

From: Victoria

Of course he does! I have never seen him look at a girl the same as he does to you! And he always smiles around you, trust me HE LIKES YOU TOO!!! And I got to go, see you tomorrow hopefully! Bye!

To: Victoria

Sure whatever you say lol and ok bye(:

******
The rest of the day went pretty normal, but I didn't get a text from Ethan, but I didn't text him either. I couldnt stop thinking about him when I went to bed. Does Victoria really think he likes me? I hope so.
*******
*Ethan's POV*

After I was walking back from lacrosse with Grayson and a few of my friends, I saw Sarah, Victoria and their friends just talking in their front yard. I was staring straight at Sarah until I think she noticed, so I looked away quickly.

I tried to act casual and ask , "Your Sarah, right?" Even though I already knew she was. I asked about her schedule, hoping that we had some classes together. She got her schedule and I sat down right next to her to see it.

As she showed me her classes I saw that we had 3 periods together. YESSSSSSS. I leaned in close to her and I could feel her arm against mine.

It started to rain and she looked really cold, so I gave her my sweatshirt. She put it on and I laughed a bit because it was so big on her. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her, she was just so beautiful.

I wanted to sit outside next to her forever, but she said she had to go, so I just said I had to go too so I didn't look desperate. I asked for her number, so she gave it to me then we both left.

When I got home, I wanted to text her so bad, but I was just outside with her, so I might sound weird and like 'clingy'.

Right after dinner, I got a text from my friend Victoria.

From: Victoria

I saw you and Sarah out there don't deny that you like her!

To: Victoria

I do like her, But she doesn't like me the same way back.

From: Victoria

She does really like you, trust me. She always gets so happy and nervous when your with her! Well I gtg see you at school

To: Victoria

Sure, whatever you say! And ok bye

***

I couldn't stop thinking about Sarah that night. Does Victoria really think she likes me? I hope so.

*****

Hey guys I hope you liked chapter two, I might update again today if I have time. Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 252 36
@ethandolan liked your post. ?COMPLETED?
9.2K 232 45
Ethan and Grayson Dolan has always been bullied and lied to and about. They move to LA after years of mistreatment and abuse from the people around...
3.1K 80 22
Kylee is finally living in La with her two best friends and boyfriend and life is great. Will anything bad happen? Will things get in the way? Read t...
2.5K 42 22
A girl has known Grayson and Ethan Dolan her whole life. They're all best friends. She's especially close with Grayson and has had history with him...